• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Love Island: Ex on the Beach

Characters
Here

1612388243065-png.842930

Hendrix Rowan
High School Sweethearts

Interactions: Veil Walker Veil Walker || Wilbur, @Tori Bradley || Dixon
Outfit: Summer Wear

Not only did Dixon hand over a shot glass, but an entire bottle of Scotch as well.

“Thank goodness…” Hendrix sighed with relief.
“I really wasn’t in the mood for pointless small talk.”

He poured the amber liquid into his cup and took a large sip. The alcohol tasted primarily of smoke and berries. Tart with a bite at the end. It was delicious.

“Damn.” He exclaimed, taking a moment to reassess the label on the bottle.

He quickly drained his cup and was already pouring another when a chime sounded throughout the mansion.

A voice echoed with an enthusiasm all too sweet for his liking. The woman continued to welcome and congratulate the participants of the game show. She reminded everyone of the app they had downloaded before arriving. Hendrix didn’t even bother looking through the suggested features of the day, there was no way he was going to participate in any of this. He just came along to make his sister happy and hopefully get a free vacation.

The disembodied echo had finally ceased, once again leaving Hendrix alone with his thoughts. Frustrated he took another sip of his cup to hopefully ease some of the frustration building inside him.

He noticed then that another silent figure made their way into the lounge area. Another male from his group earlier.

“Wilbur right?” His greeting came across half-hearted. Unenthused.

Upon noting his comrade's sour expression, Hennie leaned over and picked up another bottle. This one being whiskey.

“Here. Join the club.” He murmured before handing over the drink.
"By the way you two acted earlier, I think it's safe to say that we are on a sadistic island game show with our exes."

He laughed bitterly, taking a moment to run his fingers through his hair.

"All for the sake of entertainment? This is ridiculous."

2a838adfb98d5698f4942506d743b64e.jpg

Ramona Rowan
Not Enough

Ramona’s laugh cut off when she actually made eye contact with the person in front of her. He was very, VERY handsome. Almost too attractive to be real. The first physical trait she had noticed were his striking blue eyes. They reminded her of the Caribbean Sea and she could easily get swept away by his gaze. Streaks of hair glinted in the sunlight causing the color to come alive and melt into molten gold. He met her awestruck expression with a smile. A smile she could only describe in three words; wicked, perfect, and enticing.

“Mateo Echevarria.” He smiled before tucking a strand of curls behind her ear.

The sound of his voice made her feel as though there were live butterflies in her stomach. Boy was she in trouble.

“Are you okay?” He asked, rubbing her back in a comforting gesture.

His words snapped Ray back into reality. She became increasingly aware that this whole interaction was made awkward due to her silence. What was it about this stranger that had made her feel so strange? Normally something as mundane as physical appearance would have little to no effect on Ramona… but his beauty seemed… otherworldly.

“Yeah… I’m just...” Sighing, Ramona took a moment to stir tiny ripples into the pool's surface.
“This is all so unexpected. Getting my thoughts together is just… difficult at the moment. So much has happened today and I guess I’m just trying to catch up?”

“Um... excuse me, Ramona?”
A deep voice interrupted from the edge of the pool.

She looked up and noticed Demetrius standing near the exit. His expression uncomfortable, and his eyes fixed firmly on the ground. Seeing him caused the redhead to feel nervous. The last interaction the two of them shared didn’t go very well… and she wasn’t sure how well she could handle confrontation.

“I just... I wanted to say I'm sorry. You didn't deserve my anger or my blame. I'm just... so frustrated. For half my life, I've been trying to achieve the goal of solving the transplant list. Now that I am so close, it hurts me that I have to be here instead of putting the finishing touches on my bioprinter.” He spoke quietly as a blush slowly crept across his cheeks.
“Anyway, Lucia would want me to apologize, so... I guess I am. I'm just really bad at this."

A moment of awkward tension hung in the air. Ramona felt tongue-tied. Shocked speechless and unsure of how to respond. She frantically tried to grip onto some semblance of a sentence… but came up with nothing. Just a blank space. Taking a deep, cleansing breath she took a moment to shift through the horrendous mess of her mind.

“Who is Lucia? Wait… that doesn’t matter. His apology wasn’t necessary, but the gesture is all too sweet to shrug off.”

“Don’t even worry about it. I’m not upset, I just hope I didn’t offend you.”
Her broad smile spoke of friendly sincerity.
“Let’s just forget about it and be friends okay?”

Right as the word ‘friend’ left her lips she froze. It was at that moment when her ADHD brain put together that her friend Dani was somewhere on the island.

“Dani! Oh no, she must be freaking the fuck out. I have to go find her.”

With as much grace as she could manage, she scrambled up the ladder and out of the pool. Instantly she noticed the unpleasant sensation of wet clothes clinging to her form. It made her feel restricted… uncomfortable.

“Dammit these clothes are going to take too long to dry...”

As quick as she could, she removed her tank top and pants. Underneath revealed a modest blue swimsuit. Frustrated, she cursed herself for not undressing earlier.

“Listen D, I’d hate to cut this conversation short. But you see, I just found out a very near and dear friend is on this island. I gotta make sure she’s okay because- well… It’s- It’s just a long story.” In her haste Ramona multitasked speaking and laying her clothes out on a nearby beach chair. Her hope was that the sun would dry the garments quickly.
“I feel bad leaving you here but I gotta go do this. You can tag along if you want, or not, I dunno. Or we can catch up later.”

Turning, she put her hand in the air signaling a peace sign before darting into the large mansion. Once inside she took a moment to gawk at her surroundings. The expensive furnishings easily cost more than she’d make in a year.

“Stop getting distracted Ramona.” She scolded herself with a shake of her head.
“We have a mission to accomplish. Failure is not an option!”

“DANI!”
She shouted as she ran throughout the house.

“DANISAWRUS REX WHERE ARE YOU?”

After passing through the gym, Ramona stepped into the entertainment center only to notice the three men standing near the bar. One of which being her brother nursing a bottle all to himself. With a frown, she wordlessly exited the room in order to continue in her search.

“I will have to discuss that with him later.” She growled.

Ramona had never felt comfortable around alcohol… She didn’t like it when anyone drank in excess, let alone someone she cared about.

A chime sounded above her as she meandered her way through the living room.
A woman’s voice echoed throughout the building and took a moment to congratulate the winners of the first challenge. Afterward she proceeded to welcome everyone to the mansion and discuss the days itinerary.

“For those who are interested, there is a lunch buffet set up in the dining room.”

“I wonder if Dani is getting some food.”
Ray thought to herself as she walked towards the destination in mind.
“Maybe she will want to sing some Disney songs like when we were kids.”

Upon entering the dining room, Ramona only noticed two women making themselves at home. A beautiful ebony goddess stood next to her near the doorway. While another striking beauty sat at the breakfast table holding an ice pack to her ankle. Feeling as though she had interrupted something, Ray was about to leave and give them their privacy. That is, until she noticed a third individual near the buffet line.

“DANISAWR!” Ramona grinned before sprinting towards her beloved friend.

The redhead tackled Dani in a great big bear hug. Thankfully, the plates were sitting on the table and not set flying through the air. It had been a while since both girls saw each other in person, and Ramona had missed her companion terribly.

“Dani, ohmygoodness I’ve missed you so, so much. How ARE you?” She spoke rapidly, pulling away but still maintaining her grip on her friends shoulders.
“Are you okay?” She asked making eye contact. A swirl of emotions emanated from her being. Feelings such as; nostalgia, excitement, and empathy.
“I heard about your… er-. Reunion.”

D stood there staring at the ground. He was not used to this. To being what his dad would have called 'normal.' He stared at the ground, seemingly fascinated by a leaf blowing across the earth as he waited for her to cruelly respond. He inwardly sighed. They always did. He didn't know why he expected this to be different. She had just seemed so kind to him, his brain thought maybe it would be different. Every moment of silence from her, the pit in his stomach grew deeper, until she finally spoke. Of all the things she could have done, being kind to him was completely unexpected, so for a moment he was tongue tied. Finally fighting through the initial shock, he blurted out:
"Yeah, friends would be great." He looked up to meet her gaze with a smile, but she was already off in the distance. D's stomach sank. The bullies he could take. It was always so much worse when someone seemed to care, then ran as soon as they could. It was all D could do not to have an attack there. Forcing himself to be numb, D wandered over to Dante, leaning on the bigger man as his knees tried to give out.
"Um... you're good with people. What does it mean when you apologize and someone runs off after? That can't be a good thing, right?" D stared at Dante, leaning on him not just physically but emotionally as he tried to fight back the surge of emotion this new encounter had filled him with. D knew he wasn't good with emotion. He never had been. Frustration and setbacks he was used to. Relating to people was a skill he sadly had never mastered. For a moment he wondered if it was why he was alone, until he remembered his promise to Lucia. He didn't have time to fall in love. The world was full of sick kids, and he had vowed to help them all. Some days, it was the only way he got through it all.

Wilbur sat in the bar, staring at an empty glass in front of him. He normally wasn't like that. He was cocky. Sure of himself. And one look at Jo had melted his playboy exterior. He was surprised he hadn't dropped to his knees and begged her forgiveness. He had thought about it enough. He'd rehearsed the words in his head. And it all went away when he saw her. His confidence, his pride, his mask. He hefted a sigh. She'd never forgive him. Never be his again. How could she? He had hurt her so badly, irreparably. He knew that, logically. A large part of him wished she'd find happiness with someone else. Yet he could not, no matter how much whiskey he had, could not drown the quiet thought of being with her again. Too many mornings, he couldn't look in a mirror without seeing grief and pain and shame in his eyes. The shameless playboy, broken by the writer he admired so much. Wilbur snapped out of his funk slightly by Hendrix offering him a bottle. There was a proper size to suit his troubles. Wilbur drained half the bottle, and handed it back. Looking his new compatriot in the eyes, he asked the age old question.
"So. What was her name, and how bad did you screw up?" Leaning over the bar, Wilbur snagged a high proof whiskey and drained the contents. It was almost enough to laugh about. Grandpa Festus had always said a bottle would cure everything. So far, Wilbur was finding that false. Then again, Festus had sought out love, and Wilbur had run from it. Run from perfection. From the woman who had filled his thought, desires and dreams. Wilbur stared at the empty bottle and only felt shame. Shame for being a coward. Shame for hurting Jo. Shame for turning from his one chance at true happiness. No one could ever hurt Wilbur the way his mind did, whispering venoms he could not deny. He knew it was all his fault. Knew she would never be in his arms again. And the hope he had still only served to make the wounds permanent.

neels.jpg

Mateo Echevarría
Hot and Cold

Mateo had definitely not been blind to the reaction he had gotten from the redhead. That slight overwhelmed and helpless emotion flicking through those eyes. It was not something that was uncommon for him. To be admired, to be wanted. For one thing or the other. It was only now that he was out of the pool and away from her, that he realized he had not even gotten her name between those interruptions. Not directly from her at least, it had been pretty hard to miss when Hendrix had been shouting at her. Not that it mattered, they could do the introductions over some other time. They would be staying here for a while anyway and he was sure he'd run into her again... Or she would come find him. They always did...

The same male as before once again interrupted the new conversation he had started. It made him look a bit longer at the male with the dreads now. Yet just as easily dismissed him again, not even caring for getting an excuse from the other male. Nor giving one of his own as he walked off. The group seemed to have split up and gone inside, and with the announcement that had been made along with the promise of food, he was on his way there as well. Or perhaps it was that little dash of red hair and a blue swimsuit that had decided on his direction. He had lost her already by the time, he was in the mansion. He looked a bit around, giving some approving nods as there was literally everything he could have asked for available. He wanted to make his way to the gym and investigate what more the mansion had to offer, yet instead the males from his arrival group were just around the corner. Along with alcohol.

That everlasting smile on Mateos face grew again as he turned and walked up to the counter. "Damn, what is with the funeral mood?" he asked with a light chuckle, "we should be celebrating. We were first." His eyes darted from Wilbur towards Hendrix as he grabbed the bottle before the tattood male could reach it and took a big sip. Delightful burn. The liqour also was of the highest standards so to see. Truly all their wishes were taken care off. His eyes found there way back to the male again. Big brother and little sister, he assumed. He wouldn't mind having both siblings. Seperate from each other of course. No matter what people thought, Mateo did have some limits. And incest was not something he was interested in or even curious towards. He had had some oppertunities if he had wanted, with those twins... "So, you guys gonna be singing?" he asked, not really caring whether his earlier question was answered or what the answer had been, as he took out his phone. He was here to have fun, not to mope around. So he wasn't gonna let them drag him down into this pressing negative atmosphere that hung around the bar.
Interaction: Hendrix Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 // Wilbur Veil Walker Veil Walker
Mention: Demetrius Veil Walker Veil Walker // The stunning redhead (Ramona) Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312
Outfit: Simple, but classy

Mateo had definitely not been blind to the reaction he had gotten from the redhead. That slight overwhelmed and helpless emotion flicking through those eyes. It was not something that was uncommon for him. To be admired, to be wanted. For one thing or the other. It was only now that he was out of the pool and away from her, that he realized he had not even gotten her name between those interruptions. Not directly from her at least, it had been pretty hard to miss when Hendrix had been shouting at her. Not that it mattered, they could do the introductions over some other time. They would be staying here for a while anyway and he was sure he'd run into her again... Or she would come find him. They always did...

The same male as before once again interrupted the new conversation he had started. It made him look a bit longer at the male with the dreads now. Yet just as easily dismissed him again, not even caring for getting an excuse from the other male. Nor giving one of his own as he walked off. The group seemed to have split up and gone inside, and with the announcement that had been made along with the promise of food, he was on his way there as well. Or perhaps it was that little dash of red hair and a blue swimsuit that had decided on his direction. He had lost her already by the time, he was in the mansion. He looked a bit around, giving some approving nods as there was literally everything he could have asked for available. He wanted to make his way to the gym and investigate what more the mansion had to offer, yet instead the males from his arrival group were just around the corner. Along with alcohol.

That everlasting smile on Mateos face grew again as he turned and walked up to the counter. "Damn, what is with the funeral mood?" he asked with a light chuckle, "we should be celebrating. We were first." His eyes darted from Wilbur towards Hendrix as he grabbed the bottle before the tattood male could reach it and took a big sip. Delightful burn. The liqour also was of the highest standards so to see. Truly all their wishes were taken care off. His eyes found there way back to the male again. Big brother and little sister, he assumed. He wouldn't mind having both siblings. Seperate from each other of course. No matter what people thought, Mateo did have some limits. And incest was not something he was interested in or even curious towards. He had had some oppertunities if he had wanted, with those twins... "So, you guys gonna be singing?" he asked, not really caring whether his earlier question was answered or what the answer had been, as he took out his phone. He was here to have fun, not to mope around. So he wasn't gonna let them drag him down into this pressing negative atmosphere that hung around the bar.

NTAyIiwiZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg
Dante
Forced Ending
Dante hardly got a response from the almost naked guy as someone pressed into him. He automatically moved his arm around the person, before turning his head to see it was Demetrius. His smile was turning more concerned as he looked at the male. "Yeah, see you..." he muttered distracted towards the male that walked off now. His attenion fully on his newest friend, and once again it was worry that was most dominant. "Yeah, I guess so," he said, when D called upon his people skill. In the entertainment business you had to be social, whether you wanted to or not. There were always parties, interviews, conventions or other stuff going on tat you had to partake in. To get out your name, to boost up your new movies, to get the right connections...

"Did she run off without saying anything?" Dante asked. He had honestly not really paid attention to what had happened between Demetrius and Ramona. Though an apology would explain that heavy tred before and even how D was not leaning onto him, turning to him for answer. "Apologies are tricky things. Both to give and to recieve," he said carefully, "maybe she didn't know what to do with the apology? Or maybe she did see it as something you did wrong and need to apologize for?" Without further information, he could only make assumptions. The redhead seemed quite a scatterhead honestly. He gave the others shoulder a soft squeeze as he let him over to some of the chair near the pool. He had a feeling D would prefer to stay outside, rather than going inside where all the others were. And there was a chance of running into Ramona again.

The Italian gently pushed the other down on one of the tanning chairs as he sat down on the other. Sideways so he was still face to face with the other, rather than laying down on it. He truly wanted to help his friend, and D seemed to be very bothered by it all. Perhaps taking it all a bit too serious, especially with a girl like Ramona. "I think she had already forgotten about the whole thing, while you kept repeating it in your head," he said softly with a careful tone. He didn't want to make any wrong assumptions, but Demetrius seemed like the kind of person to overthink situations, especially things like this.
Interaction: Demetrius Watkins Veil Walker Veil Walker
Mention: Ramona Rowan Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312
Outfit: Summer Clothes and Bag

Dante hardly got a response from the almost naked guy as someone pressed into him. He automatically moved his arm around the person, before turning his head to see it was Demetrius. His smile was turning more concerned as he looked at the male. "Yeah, see you..." he muttered distracted towards the male that walked off now. His attenion fully on his newest friend, and once again it was worry that was most dominant. "Yeah, I guess so," he said, when D called upon his people skill. In the entertainment business you had to be social, whether you wanted to or not. There were always parties, interviews, conventions or other stuff going on tat you had to partake in. To get out your name, to boost up your new movies, to get the right connections...

"Did she run off without saying anything?" Dante asked. He had honestly not really paid attention to what had happened between Demetrius and Ramona. Though an apology would explain that heavy tred before and even how D was not leaning onto him, turning to him for answer. "Apologies are tricky things. Both to give and to recieve," he said carefully, "maybe she didn't know what to do with the apology? Or maybe she did see it as something you did wrong and need to apologize for?" Without further information, he could only make assumptions. The redhead seemed quite a scatterhead honestly. He gave the others shoulder a soft squeeze as he let him over to some of the chair near the pool. He had a feeling D would prefer to stay outside, rather than going inside where all the others were. And there was a chance of running into Ramona again.

The Italian gently pushed the other down on one of the tanning chairs as he sat down on the other. Sideways so he was still face to face with the other, rather than laying down on it. He truly wanted to help his friend, and D seemed to be very bothered by it all. Perhaps taking it all a bit too serious, especially with a girl like Ramona. "I think she had already forgotten about the whole thing, while you kept repeating it in your head," he said softly with a careful tone. He didn't want to make any wrong assumptions, but Demetrius seemed like the kind of person to overthink situations, especially things like this.

ZiI6ImpwZyJ9.jpg

Isolde de Vries
One and One makes Three

Isolde glanced over at the other girl. "Well, we are stuck here for a few weeks," she said, continueing the soft joking. Perhaps her first impression of the girl had been wrong, as a judgement of the outside mostly was. "Lucky you," she sighed, when her ex not having cheated was brought up out of all the option. That pain, that betrayal. She would wish it upon no one. It hurt so deep, and she doubted it would ever stop hurting. Yet, they were not talking about her situation with him. "Oh, that sucks too," she said. Not even being worthy of an truthful explanation? Damn. That must hurt as well. To not even be respected to be told the truth, no matter how painful it was. Even if that jerk had tried to spare her feelings or protect her in some weird way... It was most likely to feel less bad about it himself. "Men are just jerks..." That was all she further announced as another person was now orbing around them, slowly coming closer.

"I don't really like tomatoes, but I am not allergic to anything," Isolde answered the question. Of course, she did keep track of what she put in her body. After all, these looks didn't maintain themselves. She wasn't too strict on anything. That being said she could appreciate the vegan choices the other seemed to put together. "I guess some drama could have been expected. It would have been too good to be true otherwise," she sighed. She moved the ice a bit over her ankle as she enjoyed the rather relaxed atmosphere between the three of them. She gave a bit of a smile when Josephine brought up never having been in a place like this before. For her it was daily life, but there was no need to brag and point that out. "Don't worry. With a place like this and a show, I am pretty sure they have some good insurance to cover for the damages," she said. She could not really imagine the other lady breaking anything, with how careful and gentle she was being.

Isolde reached forward to take one of the plates that Dani had prepared when the lovely quiet was rudely broken by a loud roar and a half naked girl dashing through the kitchen. One of her perfectly shaped eyebrows arched up as she watched the two collide. Obviously they knew each other. Or this was gonna get really awkward really fast. Nevermind how rude it was to just come running in like that. That peace and tranquility that had settle was completely ripped to pieces again, tipping her over towards the annoyed side of emotions again. "Thank you for the food," she said towards Dani. Even if that friend of hers had no manners in the slighest, that didn't mean Isolde was forgetting her own. Who even came into a kitchen soaked like that? She quickly grabbed the plate that was prepared for her, and slid her bag over her shoulder again, before grabbing the towel wrapped peas with the other hand. "I'll see you around," she said towards Josephine as she made her way past her out of the kitchen again. Down those hellish stairs once more. Though her ankle was quite numbed from the cold.

Disney songs that voice had said, right? Isolde managed to put the peas on top of her bag, balancing it in such a way she could use her phone with her now free hand. She quickly unlocked the device, noticing the changes that had been mentioned as well. She didn't really pay attention to the app with credits as she opened up the one for karaoke. So far, no one seemed to have put in their name. Which was a kinda obvious from the still lingering silence through the mansion and the fact it had only just opened up it seemed. She could hear some male voices, but she did not look up from her phone. Perhaps that was a bit of a bitch move on her part, but unlike others, she was not rudely gonna interrupt some ongoing conversation. So she disappeared into the room just next to the bar, where the microphones were already set up. The big home cinema screen showed the typical Disney movie intro just as she pushed the select song button on her screen. She threw her bag into one of the chairs as she grabbed a microphone. She let herself fall into the next chair sideways so she could dangle her legs over the armrest onto the chair where her bag was and that lovely cold bag of peas.

"I've been staring at the edge of the water, 'long as I can remember, never really knowing why," she started singing as soon as the song started. She didn't really need to look at the lyrics on screen. This was one of her favorite songs. "Iwish I could be the perfect daughter, but I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try." Once the peas were in place again she leaned back as she continued to sing the song. Not caring if anyone heard her or not, simply for a moment forgetting everything and mostly that lingering annoyance. "Every turn I take, Every trail I track, Every path I make. Every road leads bac, To the place I know where I cannot go, Where I long to be." All that matter at this moment was the music, the lyrics and her voice as this song hit far deeper than most people would ever know. As she let her singer get a bit louder, more confident now. "See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me! And no one knows, How far it goes. If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me, One day I'll know, If I go, there's just no telling how far I'll go."
Interaction: Dani Kim tamarapasek tamarapasek // Josephine Lowery blue-jay blue-jay
Mention: Ramona Rowan Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312 // the guys {Hendrix, Mateo, Wilbur} Veil Walker Veil Walker Sage Orion 0312 Sage Orion 0312
Outfit: Two Piece and Heels

Isolde glanced over at the other girl. "Well, we are stuck here for a few weeks," she said, continueing the soft joking. Perhaps her first impression of the girl had been wrong, as a judgement of the outside mostly was. "Lucky you," she sighed, when her ex not having cheated was brought up out of all the option. That pain, that betrayal. She would wish it upon no one. It hurt so deep, and she doubted it would ever stop hurting. Yet, they were not talking about her situation with him. "Oh, that sucks too," she said. Not even being worthy of an truthful explanation? Damn. That must hurt as well. To not even be respected to be told the truth, no matter how painful it was. Even if that jerk had tried to spare her feelings or protect her in some weird way... It was most likely to feel less bad about it himself. "Men are just jerks..." That was all she further announced as another person was now orbing around them, slowly coming closer.

"I don't really like tomatoes, but I am not allergic to anything," Isolde answered the question. Of course, she did keep track of what she put in her body. After all, these looks didn't maintain themselves. She wasn't too strict on anything. That being said she could appreciate the vegan choices the other seemed to put together. "I guess some drama could have been expected. It would have been too good to be true otherwise," she sighed. She moved the ice a bit over her ankle as she enjoyed the rather relaxed atmosphere between the three of them. She gave a bit of a smile when Josephine brought up never having been in a place like this before. For her it was daily life, but there was no need to brag and point that out. "Don't worry. With a place like this and a show, I am pretty sure they have some good insurance to cover for the damages," she said. She could not really imagine the other lady breaking anything, with how careful and gentle she was being.

Isolde reached forward to take one of the plates that Dani had prepared when the lovely quiet was rudely broken by a loud roar and a half naked girl dashing through the kitchen. One of her perfectly shaped eyebrows arched up as she watched the two collide. Obviously they knew each other. Or this was gonna get really awkward really fast. Nevermind how rude it was to just come running in like that. That peace and tranquility that had settle was completely ripped to pieces again, tipping her over towards the annoyed side of emotions again. "Thank you for the food," she said towards Dani. Even if that friend of hers had no manners in the slighest, that didn't mean Isolde was forgetting her own. Who even came into a kitchen soaked like that? She quickly grabbed the plate that was prepared for her, and slid her bag over her shoulder again, before grabbing the towel wrapped peas with the other hand. "I'll see you around," she said towards Josephine as she made her way past her out of the kitchen again. Down those hellish stairs once more. Though her ankle was quite numbed from the cold.

Disney songs that voice had said, right? Isolde managed to put the peas on top of her bag, balancing it in such a way she could use her phone with her now free hand. She quickly unlocked the device, noticing the changes that had been mentioned as well. She didn't really pay attention to the app with credits as she opened up the one for karaoke. So far, no one seemed to have put in their name. Which was a kinda obvious from the still lingering silence through the mansion and the fact it had only just opened up it seemed. She could hear some male voices, but she did not look up from her phone. Perhaps that was a bit of a bitch move on her part, but unlike others, she was not rudely gonna interrupt some ongoing conversation. So she disappeared into the room just next to the bar, where the microphones were already set up. The big home cinema screen showed the typical Disney movie intro just as she pushed the select song button on her screen. She threw her bag into one of the chairs as she grabbed a microphone. She let herself fall into the next chair sideways so she could dangle her legs over the armrest onto the chair where her bag was and that lovely cold bag of peas.

"I've been staring at the edge of the water, 'long as I can remember, never really knowing why," she started singing as soon as the song started. She didn't really need to look at the lyrics on screen. This was one of her favorite songs. "Iwish I could be the perfect daughter, but I come back to the water, no matter how hard I try." Once the peas were in place again she leaned back as she continued to sing the song. Not caring if anyone heard her or not, simply for a moment forgetting everything and mostly that lingering annoyance. "Every turn I take, Every trail I track, Every path I make. Every road leads bac, To the place I know where I cannot go, Where I long to be." All that matter at this moment was the music, the lyrics and her voice as this song hit far deeper than most people would ever know. As she let her singer get a bit louder, more confident now. "See the line where the sky meets the sea? It calls me! And no one knows, How far it goes. If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me, One day I'll know, If I go, there's just no telling how far I'll go."

1612388243065-png.842930

Hendrix Rowan
High School Sweethearts

Interactions: Veil Walker Veil Walker || Wilbur, DarkiusHeavenstein DarkiusHeavenstein || Mateo & Isolde,
Collaboration: tamarapasek tamarapasek || Dani
Outfit: Summer Wear

Hendrix took another sip of Scotch. Already he could feel the effects of the amber liquid working through his system. Ever so slightly, the guard he constantly maintained began to slip. He felt the tension he so often carried start to lift. The usual worries on his mind began to fade away. He felt comfortable. Not quite drunk, but definitely a little tipsy.

“This should probably be my last drink.” He spoke to himself.

A motion at his left caused him to shift his gaze. To his horror, Wilbur had guzzled down half the bottle of whiskey in a matter of seconds… and he was still drinking.

“Woah there-“ Hendrix exclaimed. Hand outstretched, he leaned forward in an attempt to snatch the bottle away from his companion. Though he had successfully completed his goal, the container was already drained of its contents… it was empty. Wilbur had drank an entire bottle of Scotch.

“Are you fucking stupid?!” Hendrix growled before slamming the bottle back on the counter.
"You're going to give yourself alcohol poisoning doing that shit!"

“So. What was her name?”
Wilbur slurred, taking the conversation in a whole new direction.
“And how bad did you screw up?”

Hendrix froze. A swirl of memories, as well as emotions flooded his mind. Instantly he was thrown back years into the past. Like a movie, the memory in question started replaying. The focus being the time he had broken up with Dani.

It was a balmy afternoon in early June. The summer heat had already started to overtake Oregon and the thick humidity that ensued was suffocating. So much had happened in a span of just a few months. Mr. Rowan, Hendrix and Ramona’s father had passed away unexpectedly. The funeral proceedings took place at the end of April, a month before Hendrix’s graduation ceremony.

Now, Hennie was in his room packing his suitcase. Recently he received a letter stating he had been accepted to Berkeley, a university in California. He had applied months ago with the hope of studying music production. In the letter they mentioned inviting him to a sort of meet and greet. To stay for a weekend and tour the campus. He had accepted, though he neglected to mention any of this to anyone. Well except for Ramona… He wanted to make sure someone took care of their mom while he was away.

“Hey Hennie!” Dani practically sang as she entered his bedroom.

She wrapped her arms around his waist before planting a swift kiss on his lips.
Having grown up together, the two have always had this habit of popping in and out of each other’s houses. There had been this unspoken understanding that they were always welcome at any time of day. Their families practically treated them as if they were an old married couple.

“What are you doing?” She asked before pulling away.

Curiosity and confusion flitted across her face when noting the suitcase filled with clothes.

“What’s all this?”

Hendrix remained silent as he continued packing. He had known this moment would come… though he had never prepared for its inevitability.

“I’m leaving Dani.” He said calmly.
“I’m moving to California.”

An extremely uncomfortable silence hung in the air as his words began to sink in. Something was off about him… he seemed more standoffish than usual. He spoke as if it was… final.

“What’s in California?” Dani asked cautiously, focusing her attention on a folded shirt.

He ran his hands through his hair for a moment, a nervous habit of his, before remembering that he was trying to seem nonchalant. Act as if this whole situation didn’t mean anything to him. It would be easier for her… If he acted like he didn’t care. To give her a reason to hate him.

“I… I don’t want this life with you.” He stated, pinching the bridge of his nose.
“I don’t like the thought of my life being planned out. What? Am I just going to marry you? Have kids? Live in this tiny ass town the rest of my life?”

He sighed, refusing to make eye contact with her. One glimpse and she’d know. One look would tell her that he didn’t mean any of this.

“I’m breaking up with you.” He spoke the words fast before he could take them back.
“I’m moving to California. Alone. And I don’t want to see you anymore.”

He could not bear to look at her. To see the hurt and confused expression on her face. Instead, he zipped up his suitcase and walked towards the door.

“This is bullshit and you know it.” She gritted out, continuing to stare at the shirt he left on the bed.
“There is something you aren’t saying.”

Hendrix paused in the doorway, but only for a moment.
“Goodbye Dani.” He choked out.

Without another word he left the room and made his way downstairs. His mother sat in the living room staring at nothing in particular. A vacant expression on her face, a blank look in her eyes.

“I love you mom.” He murmured before leaning down and pecking her cheek, tears streaming down his face.

She didn’t look at him. Didn’t even notice his existence. Instead, she kept staring at nothing… Saying nothing.

With a frown he looked up to see that his ride for the airport had just pulled into the driveway.

"Damn, what is with the funeral mood?" A new voice asked, tearing Hendrix from his own mind and distracting him from that painful memory.

Blinking, Hennie found the source of the voice. The pretty boy from earlier. The one from his group who had tried to shamelessly flirt with everyone. It only took a moment for the burly tattooed male to decide not to answer Wilbur’s question. That information was private and definitely not something he would share with a perfect stranger. A stranger who would be sharing a house with his estranged ex-girlfriend.

“We should be celebrating! We were first!” Mateo laughed as he grabbed Hendrix’s Scotch.

Mateo took another sip and leaned against the counter, a charismatic and casual demeanor radiating from him. Seemingly unphased and totally relaxed by the tense atmosphere in the room.
Among a few murmurs from the group, the sound of heels could be heard clicking down the hallway. Within a few moments, the gorgeous woman from earlier had entered the lounge.

“Where’s Dani?” Hendrix thought to himself as he noted her absence.

Without looking up from her phone, the brunette entered the next room over.

“So.” Mateo sighed in an attempt to make conversation.
“You guys gonna be singing?”

Hendrix scoffed with a shake of his head.

“Nah, probably not. I can’t stand karaoke. Original music is so much better.”

Softly, the faint notes of Moana’s: How Far I’ll Go began playing from the other room. A small smile warmed Hennie’s lips as he identified the song. He remembered when the movie first came out and Ramona dragged him to the theatre. Among the audience, she was the only adult singing along with the chorus. Disney had a habit of repeating lines in their songs so children could memorize the music easily. The ability to recite song lyrics made the movie more interactive for its audience. That way the film is catchy and connects with specific individuals.

But instead of Auli'i Cravalho’s voice coming across the speakers, it was… someone else?

“Speaking of karaoke…” Hendrix thought with a roll of his eyes.

“I’ve been staring at the edge of the water, long as I can remember, never really knowing why…”

“Not bad.” He admitted begrudgingly.

Hendrix had this awful habit of judging and critiquing musical performance. Something that had been engrained in him during his studies at Berkeley. With a practiced ear, one could detect subtle note changes in harmonics. It was what made him the fantastic musician he is today.

“Definitely in tune at least. Impressive with a song like this.” In music mode, he didn’t realize he had spoken his thoughts aloud. Like a mad scientist during an experiment.

Without thinking, Hennie stood up and meandered his way towards the source of the music. Like a siren’s song, the voice heard singing had captivated him and pulled him forward.
He entered the Entertainment Center and looked around. In this room was the usual luxurious ambiance and furniture. A makeshift stage stood as the main focus. Around it were a few microphones and a large television that showed the karaoke song of choice. Moana was seen on screen sailing her boat forward mid-song, the highlighted lyrics displayed below her.
Sitting haphazardly was the girl from earlier. Her purse sat in the seat next to her, while a bag of frozen peas rested on an ankle that lay draped over the chair’s armrest.
Hendrix noted how relaxed she looked. The past few times he had noticed her she seemed very… cold. Perhaps rigid, maybe even distant. Now, with her eyes closed and emotion demonstrated so vulnerably across her face she seemed… human. And beautifully so.

He relaxed slightly and leaned his back against the wall, arms crossed over the front of his chest. He continued to watch her. Her obvious passion (and perhaps the alcohol) had caused him to grin broadly.
“That’s much better. Sing with your heart.” He chuckled.

L
The Mansion
M
Alarmed
O
JOSEPHINE
OPHELIA
LOWERY

JOSEPHINE LOWERY - The Victim
Josephine uttered a quick "No" to Dani's question about dietary restrictions, a little embarrassed but ultimately grateful that the girl had taken it upon herself to make a plate for her. The mention of dietary restrictions brought memories to mind for Josephine. When she had been younger, she always found it suspicious that she possessed no known allergies and got extremely anxious when trying new foods. Josephine knew it was a silly thing, but she felt powerless when the thoughts came breaking into her head.

Once, she had been on a school trip to New York City in her junior year of high school. Her group decided to go to a fancy restaurant. Earlier that day, Josephine had opted to not take her medications; they sometimes made her sluggish, and she really was trying to enjoy the trip. However, it came back to bite her. When the lobster she ordered arrived at her table, Josephine found herself paralyzed by irrational, intrusive thoughts and unable to eat. She ended up being taken to a nearby Subway by a chaperone, in tears and completely embarrassed with herself.

As an adult, she had tried most foods, but occasionally something new would come up while she was out with Wilbur. She was better at managing herself and he had a comforting energy, so Josephine was able to stomach new foods without too much anxiety. Wilbur was understanding, and she hoped that he thought her little... quirks were cute. They were the most palatable parts of her illness, and she struggled to hide the uglier parts. Her illness was part of why the gamble was so tough for her. She tried so hard to not be "the crazy girl" or "the broken girl": the type of girl that would be an easy target for cruel jokes like that. The reveal had made her feel like she failed.

Josephine was pulled out of her thoughts by the sound of Isolde's voice: "Don't worry. With a place like this and a show, I am pretty sure they have some good insurance to cover for the damages." Josephine nodded and smiled, easily comforted by people like the brunette who radiated confidence and aptitude. Josephine found herself achieving a level of ease with Isolde and Dani. When Josephine had first seen Wilbur and figured out what this show was going to be, she had felt simultaneously isolated and exposed. But there was a certain comfort in knowing that she wasn't the only person here who had been mistreated and/or gone through a hurtful breakup. It was the point of the show. Exposed, maybe, but isolated? I think I'm safe from that one. If I ever feel bad about having my sensitive business aired out on TV, I can at least remind myself that it's happening to everyone else. Even cool people like Dani and Isolde.

Josephine had just begun gingerly eating forkfuls of the plate Dani had made for her when a wet girl in a swimsuit came bounding into the room and tackle-hugged Dani. Josephine nearly mistook the gesture for just a tackle at first and prepared to call security (A fight? Already?!), but, after listening to what the girl said, she realized that they knew each other. Josephine backed away slightly, not wanting to intrude on what appeared to be a reunion of friends. Man. I sure wish I had somebody I knew here. Other than... him, of course.

Josephine watched as Isolde got up and left, slightly concerned for the woman and her swollen ankle, but remained in the dining room, quietly chewing her food and watching Dani and her friend. Almost as if on cue with the poetess's thoughts lingering on the injured woman, Josephine heard the muffled sound of music coming from somewhere else in the mansion. She stood closer to the door to listen and identified Isolde's voice. Josephine smiled, pleasantly surprised. It's very pretty, but why is she singing? Josephine wrestled with it for a few seconds before remembering. Oh, wait! That's what the announcement said. We get credits for singing Disney songs! I had forgotten.

Josephine's delight at not letting something important slip her mind dissolved into anxiety. Wait... Am I going to be expected to sing? My parents would be upset if I came here and didn't participate. But surely I can't sing in front of people! I can barely stand in front of people! Josephine twiddled with her fork pensively, now deep in thought and a bit alarmed.

mentions:

i have fallen a long way. clouds are flowering
blue and mystical over the face of the stars.

© pasta

D considered Dante's question as best he could. The whole situation was beyond him. He could figure out the language of the nervous system, but he doubted he would ever figure out people.
"Yeah, she said I could follow. But I find following soaking wet women tends to lead me into trouble. You know what I don't get? I've seen so many of these people recognize each other, but few of them seem happy. Is it human nature to recoil from those they know? I don't really know anyone but you, Dante, but I don't think I'd regret seeing you again, especially after a long period of time." D carefully pondered Dante's points, before nodding.
"I'm sure it's something I don't understand. Perhaps she didn't recognize it as an apology, or the issue didn't carry any weight." D looked at the provided phone as it pinged at him, arching a brow.
"Hey. They want us to sing for our supper. I could use the credits to supply my escape of this Purgatory." D bit his lip, gently tugging on Dante's sleeve.
"Come with me? I haven't done any public singing since I left my church choir." D forced his eyes upwards, giving the appearance of looking Dante in the eye as he gave him a pleading look.

Wilbur laughed at the other man's concern. Grandpa Festus had taught him how to drink, and while moonshine would get him smashed, a bottle of scotch had only the effect of making him tipsy. He giggled at Hendrix's concern, draping an arm around Mateo's shoulders. The smaller man was right. Why was he being so sad, when Josephine seemed so happy? It was all he had wanted, and yet when the time came, it hurt him more to see her content. The selfish part of him had hoped she would be as sad without him as he had been without her. He regretted his previous words to her. Regretted running away. He was glad he had told her the truth, and was angry he hadn't had the guts to tell her he loved her. So he decided to embrace a happy mood, as Mateo said, and ignore the bad feelings seeing Jo- Josephine had filled his heart with. Wilbur tilted his head as soft strains of a Disney song filtered its way through the wall, smacking Mateo in the arm.
"Come on. Let's see what going on." Without waiting for an answer, Wilbur moved his way into the karaoke room. He sat down, watching the singing woman with interest and desire. She was attractive in her own way, with a nice voice. It grabbed Wilbur's interest as he laughed as she finished her song. Better her than him. He knew no one would be interested in his honky tonk voice, but that was something the rest of them had to deal with. He sat behind Hendrix, chuckling as the other man went on about music like it was the most important thing in life. To Wilbur, the most important thing was pleasure, and he decided then and there to win Jo's heart back, no matter what. Her happiness was his pleasure now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back