TV & Film Love, Death, & Robots

SP3CT3R

seven foot frame, rats along his back
I have to ask. Has anyone else seen the anthology named in the thread title? If not, CONTENT WARNING: NSFW AS HELL. THERE'S GORE, GRAPHIC NUDITY, OR BOTH IN BASICALLY EVERY EPISODE. If so, what did you think of it, favorite episode, did you get the episode order that started with Sonnie's Edge because apparently Netflix gives you that one if it thinks you're LGBT, etc.

246DAMW.png
Oh my goodness i loved this series of animated shorts. Holy shit was I all over that in a HEART BEAT.

I really enjoyed it A LOT. It certainly isn't for the sensitive or those that can't take a step back and really understand what they're looking at; basically if you're easily offended you can find a lot to get upset over in this series.

That said . . . okay I liked a lot of the episodes, but the ones that struck me as the best where.

Sonnie's Edge (Honestly I'm into teratophilia so like this was made for me!)

Good Hunting (Had a strong story, I enjoyed the animation and all round I was delighted by this episode.)

Shape-shifter (I just really adore the concept, like I a sucker for this.)

Witness (It was a fuck trip and I really enjoyed the animation.)

Suits (Honestly this one came out of left field, I skipped it at first, but like damn it had a strong story that really surprised me I thoroughly enjoyed this one. It made me cry a little and I chalk that up to the fact I was high when I watched it!)

Three Robots (Just funny, it was really funny, I liked the humor.)

Honestly I would say the first half of the series has the strongest stories. The back half aren't as strong, impactful and I found a bit boring.

The one thing my friend and I were kinda surprised by was the inclusion of a lot of dick . . . like boobs and female frontal nudity is like so common place in shows and it's not shocking or anything . . . but we were like "shit they shot a lot more male frontal nudity than I expect . . . SO MUCH DICK!"

From what I’ve seen, LDR is a kickass show. It’s very creative and the art style in some of the episodes are just so beautiful. I like that Netflix took a shot with them on this one.
I’m actually dying for a Sonnie’s Edge rp, but I feel as though LDR hasn’t really made its way into this site yet... probably for the amount of NSFW aspects, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be explicitly rped.

From what I’ve seen, LDR is a kickass show. It’s very creative and the art style in some of the episodes are just so beautiful. I like that Netflix took a shot with them on this one.
I’m actually dying for a Sonnie’s Edge rp, but I feel as though LDR hasn’t really made its way into this site yet... probably for the amount of NSFW aspects, but that doesn’t mean it needs to be explicitly rped.
Oof, yeah. Sonnie's Edge is one of my top 5. It's like a fucked-up version of Spore and I'd totally make an RP out of it if I had any organizational skills at all.

But my favorite episode is probably Three Robots. A lot of the jokes fell flat, but I just really like the characters. They all have contrasting character designs, which makes it feel like a crossover for some reason.

Last edited:
Oof, yeah. Sonnie's Edge is one of my top 5. It's like a fucked-up version of Spore and I'd totally make an RP out of it if I had any organizational skills at all.

But my favorite episode is probably Three Robots. A lot of the jokes fell flat, but I just really like the characters. They all have contrasting character designs, which makes it feel like a crossovet for some reason.

Haha, ya girl (me), has about the same amount of organizational skills. I am more of a 1x1 kinda writer, as groups are far too much for me.

I agree with you! I really like how each has its own design and almost seems out of place when grouped together. Really great anthology overall, I really appreciate Netflix adding it to their platform.

Great series. I hope they do more of these.
My favorites are Sonnies edge, followed by Beyond the Aquila Rift. Three robots is fun.

Beyond Aquila Rift really reminds me of that game that is coming out where it is all biomechanical body horror. Forgot the name of it but that episode really reminds me of it.

The style of Good Hunting with the 9 tail fox is awesome. A steampunk setting.

Hell looking over the episode list I think I liked almost all of them.

Ohh, I watched it after my friend mentioned it! Not a huge fan of all the NSFW bits but they were easy to either skip or ignore. The first one I got was Sonnie’s edge too lmao, and I really did like the concept for it. Like other people have said, I’d be interested in a rp like that.

Alongside it, a few of my other favourites were Three Robots, Sucker of Souls (LOVED the style for this one), and blindspot. Each of them had really interesting character dynamics and designs, and overall I’m looking forward to a similar project in the future. I love watching little animation bits on YouTube and I think having each little episode like this is good to get creators out there while also providing thoughtful content.

i also got sonnie's edge as the first episode. i loved the first half of episodes, but imo it kinda went downhill after 'good hunting'? like, the episodes after that were either boring or 'incomplete' in a way, cause i found myself thinking 'that's it?' for a lot of them.

anyway, the ones that stuck out to me most were three robots, beyond the aquila rift, good hunting, and the witness!

I’ve only seen that yogurt one and Three Robots fully because my parents think some of them are a little mature for me (which I fully respect by the way). I thought the former was a little odd, but I thought Three Robots was really funny and I fully enjoyed it.

I felt like the show had a lot of potential to be so much more. Didn't really like the episodes with realistic animation as they ended up being the least entertaining for me lmao (minus Beyond the Aquila Rift)
Otherwise for what it was it was pretty badass and hope more of it gets made

By now I've watched the anthology about ten times, I think. That's how much I like ot.

My favorite episodes are Good Hunting (because I love the setting and the female main character), Sonnie's Edge (the animation of the fighting scene is so amazing), The Witness (I love the twist at the end), and Fish Night (oceanic themes easily win my heart).
Three Robots, Ice Age, and When The Yoghurt Took Over are a welcome change considering the overall theme.

I really hope there will be a second season.

By now I've watched the anthology about ten times, I think. That's how much I like ot.

My favorite episodes are Good Hunting (because I love the setting and the female main character), Sonnie's Edge (the animation of the fighting scene is so amazing), The Witness (I love the twist at the end), and Fish Night (oceanic themes easily win my heart).
Three Robots, Ice Age, and When The Yoghurt Took Over are a welcome change considering the overall theme.

I really hope there will be a second season.
Good Hunting and Sonnie's Edge seem to be pretty popular, and it's not hard to see why. Fish Night, on the other hand, was pretty, but kinda random.

And I totally agree with you about getting a second season. It's a great sampler platter to see what works and what doesn't, and I'm kinda hoping that it'll be used as a platform for series pilots because some of the episodes need to become full-blown series.

Good Hunting and Sonnie's Edge seem to be pretty popular, and it's not hard to see why. Fish Night, on the other hand, was pretty, but kinda random.

And I totally agree with you about getting a second season. It's a great sampler platter to see what works and what doesn't, and I'm kinda hoping that it'll be used as a platform for series pilots because some of the episodes need to become full-blown series.

Good Hunting and Sonnie's Edge have something in common - they both give an insight to a storyline in a universe that'd allow for more depth to the stories. The other episodes feel more like one-shots, at least to me, and they don't leave as much room for own ideas and thoughts. I really want to know what Sonnie and Jing are up to next.

This ties in with
(...) some of the episodes need to become full-blown series.
These are the episodes I'd like to turn into series, even if it's only one season with six episodes.

Anthologies are great in general in my opinion, I already enjoyed Black Mirror a lot, too. They allow to skip episodes while you don't have to quit watching the entire show, the waste of time is smaller, and I don't miss out on any plot-relevant information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back