• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings love and war

source.gif

hello. i'm rogue. i love galavant.
as a note, the lower case is for ~aesthetics~ only.
i type like a big girl in character.

things you should know about me:
i'm a female. 21+. CST time zone.
side note: 21+ indicates my age, not what i expect my partners to be. age doesn't matter to me as much as maturity level and compatibility.
i'm picky. at the moment, my interests are pretty confined to what i list here, so please don’t take offense if I say no to your suggestion
if romance isn't a central driving force of the plot we're doing, i'm going to lose interest quickly. on the flip side, i do require there to be a plot with some additional substance: action, adventure, etc. also, you should know that i am the reigning queen of the slow burn. i don't actually think i'm capable of an instant/rapid romance, though a pre-established relationship is an exception.
speaking of romance, i only do male x female pairings. i most enjoy playing male mains but might be persuaded to play female.
let's keep talking about romance. if you're looking for something dark and gritty, a love/hate scenario, dysfunctional relationships... i am not the gal for you. i realize that not everyone starts out as friends before they fall in love, but what i'm after is a strong relationship built on mutual trust and respect. mmmm. devotion, yearning, sacrificial love. all of that goodness. a heaping dose of angst never hurt anyone, though; we don't have to make it entirely easy for them the whole time.
don't control my characters or make assumptions about them.
it's a hard no: rape, incest, adultery, addiction, pregnancy, slavery
please have something to say when you contact me. tell me what you're interested in, what role(s) you want to play, ideas you might have, etc.
spelling, grammar, and post length are important to me, but quality is infinitely more important than quantity. please try to pump out at least 2 solid paragraphs for me. but some of y'all just ramble on and don't make any sense just to fill up space, and that's not cool. i aim for 2-4 paragraphs per post. if i'm feeling frisky or if there's something exciting going down, i can write way more than that, but i have to be honest. all of my novella people (i know a lot of y'all aren't rambling and are incredible writers who are just more verbose than i am), i love y'all, but i cannot keep up with the 6-10+ paragraphs in every post. even if you don't expect me to match you, i will feel unbalanced and will not enjoy it. a happy medium of 2-4 (sometimes more) paragraphs would be ideal.
i role play exclusively over pm.

i'm definitely more on the "aggressive" side of things when it comes to plotting, but i still really want your input! more than anything, i want us both to communicate. i really enjoy talking through our plotline and discussing how the sequence of events is going to happen. if i'm throwing ideas at you and asking your opinion, i don't just want "yes" or "no" answers. i want actual input! i want to know that you're excited and willing to put forth the effort to make this fun for both of us!

i know i’m pretty picky, but I really just want to make sure we both know what we’re getting into and getting the most out of this!
i’m really pretty chill and not too fussy

okay!
before we discuss genres, i'm going to list a few things i will never do: fandoms, sci-fi, apocalypse, most historical time periods, mythology, modern, fantasy, furries, animals
so where does that leave us? m e d i e v a l
i absolutely l o v e medieval role plays. i want all the royal families, valiant knights, swords, horses, and all that shit.
i do have two plots, but i am not limited to these!

The kingdom falls under attack, and the battle is lost to invaders. Character A (A knight? An officer?) does not return from the battle. His remains are not found, but he is nevertheless presumed dead. Character B, his lover (maybe they were engaged or even married), is left alone in the aftermath with Character C, A's sister. With a new tyrant on the throne, chaos ensues; soon, there are whispers of rebellion in the streets. Characters B and C seek to get involved in the rebel efforts. The tasks are small at first: delivering some messages, intercepting others. C takes a position out of town, and B remains in the city, but they maintain contact. Some months or years after the tyrant takes the throne, Character B discovers a letter that appears to be innocuous, written in code - but it is unmistakably in Character A's handwriting. She has received no other indication that he is alive. She sends word to Character C, and the two of them set out to find him. They dive deeper into the rebel efforts, hoping that each task they fulfill will lead to clues about Character A.

Here's my vision for this. Neither of these two ladies would have much training in regard to combat or espionage, if any at all. They would essentially learn what they can along the way and use their Bad Ass Brains to figure everything out. I could see them sort of going rogue and following a trail they hope will lead them to more answers. They might disguise themselves and take on new names; they take jobs in taverns where secret meetings are rumored to take place, hoping to listen in on such a meeting; they may even infiltrate an enemy outpost to find something juicy. Spoiler alert: They do manage to find Character A, but they encounter each other in surprise, dramatic fashion. :']

I have lots more ideas and little details to throw in here. It would be fun to delve into A and B's relationship before shit hits the fan, so this could potentially be a multi-phasic plot. We could even throw in little flashback scenes to build that foundation along the way.

I would LOVE to play Character A and his sister, Character C. There is also room for lots of side characters! If you really have a hankering to play A and C and can wow me with your role play skills and fantastic characters, that's an option! But I have some ideas for these guys that I would absolutely love to flesh out.
Guys, I'm currently rewatching one of my all-time favorite shows, Alias. And let me tell you, it is still amazing. One of my favorite bits is the dynamic between Sydney and Vaughn, and I'm hoping to achieve something like that with a medieval twist.

I've never done anything like this before, so it will take some work to figure out.

In a nutshell: a covert group recruits a woman in a strategic social position to be a spy for them. My thought is that this group suspects that there is a conspiracy in the works to take out the current regime, and they are trying to prevent this from happening. Muse A could be the daughter of certain important nobleman and/or knows the right people and places to be useful. Muse B is already a spy and serves as her handler; he helps train her and is her primary contact person throughout the process. Obvs they will go on missions together at some point. So naturally, the two of them learn to trust each other, eventually becoming friends and developing deep feelings.

Maybe part of the plan is for Muse A to be courted by/get engaged to one of the primary suspects, but he gets suspicious of her and things get ugly and dangerous.
I have a lot more ideas other than this for us to kick around! Let me know if this excites you!

I would prefer to play Muse B, the handler. I imagine Muse A to be a strong woman who doesn't completely fall apart under pressure. No weak sauce girls for this one!

please drop me a pm if you're interested! :]
if you're not feeling these plots but still think we'd be a good match, pm me anyway! i have tons more ideas, some more slice-of-lifey than others, and i'm open to hearing your ideas as long as they fit with the general vibes i'm throwing here.
here are some other things i like:
- exes reuniting
- forbidden romance
- cute, non-forbidden romance that gets hit by various obstacles
- pairings like prince x commoner, knight x princess, knight x noblewoman, knight x peasant, etc.

Last edited:
i'm back!!!
i will be taking one, maybe two partners right now. i really can't handle more than that tbh, i'm gonna warn y'all.
but don't hesitate to send me a pm even if it looks like i've met my maximum! sometimes role plays don't get off the ground because we realize during the plotting that it's not going to work for both of us, which is totally fine. it happens.
on that note, there are a few people i was in contact with that ghosted me or i ghosted them. no hard feelings! if anyone wants to pick up where we left off or try something different, don't hesitate to reach out again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back