• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Lost Youth - [Cyberpunk/Detailed] - (CLOSED)

mothspit

ɖɛʍօռ ȶօ ֆօʍɛ, ǟռɢɛʟ ȶօ օȶɦɛʀֆ
ce6b3804d49073438225639d45506c5f.png

"I think we all remember what happened ten years ago. At the time, The People's Republic of Rosefelt had been in a longstanding stalemate with it's neighboring country, The Grand Astrial, for the past 5 years. The reason? A large deposit of Ashfort Diamonds-- The world's leading energy supplier for cybernetics-- was discovered directly on top of the border of both countries. As a result, the two were debating over which side it belonged to. But, despite tense relations, discussion seemed peaceful. Nobody was expecting the first bomb to land directly in the town of Rosehalt, Rosefelt's capital. Thousands died from the initial impact, and thousands more from the rotten air and dangerous debris. Retaliation was futile-- With most government officials being wiped out with the capital, Rosefelt's government collapsed, and with it, the people's sanity. Three more bombs dropped over the course of a month, and soon, the once prosperous and beautiful city I called home was destroyed. Bodies lined the streets. Those that were lucky enough to survive were horribly disfigured, crafting cheap cybernetics called Augments to appear more normal. They became more recluse, less trustworthy, only looking out for themselves. We all did what we had to do during the chaos.

Meanwhile, there was one who took advantage of our momentary weakness: Emperion Corporation. The wealthy swooped in like vultures, buying old homes and businesses, turning them into their own personal cash cows: Clubs, banks, technology, shopping centers.. Nobody can deny they helped. If not for them, most of the city would be an empty ghost town. It didn't take long before they made their way into politics. Miles Emperion, E-Corp CEO, was elected mayor not long after. But now they've locked everyone in an inescapable tomb of debt, forcing the weak and poor into hiding. We're not welcome here anymore. I was just a kid; 15 years old. Lost my parents and most of my friends to the blast, not to mention my leg. Even though life was returning to this place, things were different. With resources scarcer than ever, those that didn't have a family-- Like me and my sister-- were shunned. Nobody wanted us. Nobody would hire us. Nobody would take care of us. All because of the pipe dream E-Corp sold to the unsuspecting masses-- 'If you just worked hard enough, you wouldn't need our help.' We went days without food-- There were times I wished I had been taken out with the bomb so I wouldn't have to suffer.

But that was ten years ago, and since then, we've learned to survive on our own. Independent of the greedy and controlling hands of E-Corp.

My name is Reggie Cotton. Me and my sister, Ursula, have this small group of kids-- Kids like us-- With nowhere else to go. It's rough, but we make it work. We have food, power, and hot water. You can find us in The Cavity; You got what it takes to survive, and we might just have a bed for you."

• f3b0fe962c8c7188b736fbf91e64dbbf.png

In the past one thousand years, human beings understanding and limitations of the human condition has soared to new heights, equipping them with impressive cybernetic enhancements for both longevity and performance. This technology is translated not just through people, but the places too, and how they interact with the rest of society. After Rosehalt was blown off the map, and E-Corp helped rebuild what was lost, New Rosehalt was born.

2cc19c5bf503682c4301683688eb50b2.png

"Emperion Corporation - Innovation, Design, and Quality Living for all."
    The 'wealthy' part of New Rosehalt. E-Corp's headquarters can be found here, along with most of their employees living nearby. Streets are clean, the air is fresh, and the infrastructure is glittering.

THE CROWN - 2.jpg

THE CROWN - 3.jpg
    THE CROWN - 1.jpg

5d0b9ddb9dde5d7babcaddeafb9993f6.png

"Rough around the edges with a heart of gold."
    The more impoverished area of town, and ground zero for the first bomb that dropped ten years ago. Despite efforts to rebuild, poverty is commonplace, and here, everyone's just trying to get by.

THE CAVITY - 4.jpg

THE CAVITY - 3.jpg
    MORE CAVITY REFs.jpg

cbb96ab419fd58253989e3ed77bb6ea9.png

"Everything has a price. Even people."
    New Rosehalt's shopping district, also considered to be the 'middle class' area of town. Need some new E-Corp tech, a repair for your robo-arm, or a good meal? You'll find it here.

THE SHOPPING DISTRICT - 4.jpg

THE INNER CITY - 1.jpg
    THE SHOPPING DISTRICT - 1.jpg

Last edited:
Ugh, I love this whole idea. I’ll start brainstorming up someone or two and will send them in as soon as and if I’m able, really grand and detailed idea!

Ugh, I love this whole idea. I’ll start brainstorming up someone or two and will send them in as soon as and if I’m able, really grand and detailed idea!
Thank you! I look forward to reading what you come up with! :D

Hi Lenny2000 Lenny2000 Thank you for your character sheet! Few things I'd like to go over. :)

I need you to fill out the personality section of the character sheet, looks like you skipped over that part.

Second, about your characters backstory. Everyone's characters are 'applying' to join Reggie and his group, currently working for E-Corp isn't an option. He can be an Ex-Emperion employee though! If so, why were they fired? How did that affect surviving in the city? If not, I still need you to add more detail. Since your character is 19, they were 9 when the bombs first hit Rosehalt. Before that, Rosehalt was a prosperous and calm place to live; It only went to hell after the bombing, when The Cavity was first born. What were they doing before that? How did the bombing effect their upbringing? What did they do to get by? What drew them to Reggie and the Lost Youth? Additionally, your bio needs to be 3 paragraphs. With what you have right now, it just barely makes 1.

Once you get that finished I'll have a second look. :)

Ohhhhh .... well shit...

Reggie seems like a character that is bound to fall into pieces so I thought it would be a better option to join the corporation.

Working for the corporation is a much better option as the crew of teenage brats can go drown in the mud to the boot of tyranny for all I care.

Have a good one !

Ohhhhh .... well shit...

Reggie seems like a character that is bound to fall into pieces so I thought it would be a better option to join the corporation.

Working for the corporation is a much better option as the crew of teenage brats can go drown in the mud to the boot of tyranny for all I care.

Have a good one !
Yeah, if it was an option I would have stated that in the interest check. I thought it was pretty clear, given the fact that the character sheet is literally Reggie speaking to your character.

Whatever, dude.

Hello again, dude! This looks awesome. I'll try and toss together a character sheet soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back