• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lost mine of Phandelver D&D 5e

Bakuyoshi

The lord of shipping
So for starters I am deciding to try out running this campaign with new peeps. So as of now I am looking for people. How we will do it is up to you guys. But for now I'll just leave you with the intro to Lost mines of Phandelver. And if you do pick me as your DM... Thank you, I won't let you down.

Base info for those new: So hey if you are looking for D&D 5e stuff but are new well this will be the campaign for you. Lost mines of Phandelver is the go to Beginners campaign. So you don't even have to have experience in D&D before to join. I will be more then willing to help.

More then Five hundred years Ago, clans of dwarves and gnomes made an agreement known as the Phandelvers pact, by which they would share a rich mine in a wonderous cavern known as Wave Echo cave. In addition to it's mineral wealth, contained great magic power. Human spellcasters allied themselves with the dwarves and gnomes to channel and bind that energy into a great forge (The forge of spells) where magic weapons could be crafted. Times were good and the nearby human town Phandalin prospered as well. But then disaster struck when the orcs swept through the north and laid waste to all in their path.

A powerful force of orcs reinforced by evil mercenary wizards attacked Wave Echo cave to seize it's riches and Magic treasures. Human wizards fought alongside their dwarf and gnome allies to defend the Forge of Spells, and the ensuing spell battle destroyed much of the cavern. Few survived the cave ins and tremors, and the location of Wave Echo Cave was lost

For centuries, rumors of buried riches have attracted treasure seekers and opportunists to the area around Phandalin, but no one has ever succeeded in locating the lost mine. In recent years, people have resettled in the area. Phandalin is now a rough and tumble frontier town. More important, the Rockseeker brothers- a trio of dwarves- have discovered the entrance to Wave Echo Cave, and they intend to reopen the mines.

Unfortunately for the Rockseekers, they are not the only ones interested in Wave Echo Cave. A mysterious villain known as the Black Spider controls a network of bandit gangs and goblin tribes in the area, and his agents have followed the Rockseekers to their prize. Now the Black Spider wants Wave Echo Cave for himself, and he is taking steps to make sure no one else knows where it is.

How would we play this? On Discord, or by post, here on-site?

Other than that, if I have time, I am interested in joining.

The big issue at the moment is rolling dice. Which if there is a way feel free to tell me. Because I am open to any means.

there are discord D&D bots. I reccomend Avrae. I'd be down to clown, but I am kinda familiar with Lost Mines so I'm not sure if it's a great idea for me to play with ya'll.

Yeah I'm interested.... prersonsly id prefer to do it on a discord. But whatever is the easiest.

Has this started? I've never actually played D&D but I've always been interested to try. Also, as a suggestion, Tabletop Simulator is a great tool to use for this kind of stuff. Its not free, but you can use it for all sorts of Tabletop games (not just RPG's, hell you can play Monopoly on it if you're so inclined) so I heartily recommend it to anyone that doesn't have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back