• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Asset 5@3x.png

"Under floorboard skies bathed in listless rays of white,
Years goes on and on, both fleeting and long,
Chitter to flutter and flutter to clutter,
A place abandoned, yet bustling with life still."

Five hundred years ago, the first of the Dolls fell. Tumbling down from that great black abyss, blinking as if newborns, they beheld the world. Both familiar and alien, recognizable and foreign, comforting and frightening. For the first time, they beheld The Library.

As they years went on, they banded together, they fought, the reconciled, and most importantly of all, they built. The vast expanse of the Library was tamed, and where once only stood the endless halls and bookshelves of the Library proper, now rose a city in equal parts ramshackle and grand. Civilization bloomed, and the unexplored wilds of the Library were beaten back. The inner most depths of the Library's halls become the home of the Dolls, and even their most ancient of rivals, in all their chitinous hunger, were driven into the outer reaches.

At some point, you too made your fall, plummeting out from within what was now called the Great Chute, and into the warm comfort of Alexandria, the city that claimed itself a home for all. Your life went on, as all do, and was quick to turn to routine, as they are likewise prone.

The great years of peace rolled on, stagnant and never ending, until rumblings begun to echo out from the Depths once more. Pawns begun to shift, foundations strained, and the future was uncertain once more. Within Alexandria, the Scholars called out, relaying a single message to all who would listen.

Return home, for times are uncertain, and the world has need of your services yet.
__​

Hi. Lost in Words is the third iteration of an RP I've tried to run a couple of times in the past, as a forewarning, I suppose.

In it, you will play a "Doll" a miniature, sentient, genderless and ageless golem of sorts wrought of either plush, wood, or porcelain. The most basic level of the RP will lay in the exploration of The Library, a great and sprawling world of regal, decrepit hallways; endlessly decorated with bookshelves, both barren and bustling. You are not the first to explore it, and instead the RP takes place at the turn of an era. Civilization has been long since established in the Library's tiny sealed world, and the faults are beginning to show. You'll play as explorers, archeologists, and historians, uncovering the lost annals of your own history, as well as the eldritch truths of the world in which your people thrive.

There will be a plot, and it will be integrated into the exploration of the Library. You might have noticed there's been very little mention of combat so far, and that's because it will not be a primary part of the RP. It will exist, but the bulk of the RP will be based around exploration and dialogue. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, gomen. It's inspired by the likes of Hollow Knight, Made in Abyss, and other world building heavy sort of experiences.

I may implement a very basic stat system, something along the veins of VtM, but that remains to be seen. It'd exist to add a bit of dynamic to extended sections of dialogue and exploration, for the most part, and to ensure combat runs smoothly when it does arise.

You can find a lore doc following this, but it is not essential reading for the passerby: Lost in Words - LORE

Thanks for reading, and hopefully, your interest too. If this gets a decent bit of interest, I'll make a Discord server before the CS launch.

Whats your favorite McDonald's™ item? For me, it's the McChicken®. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken® sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige. One time I asked for McChicken® sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's™ worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!". Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's™ restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs. I even dip my fries in McChicken® sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

Whats your favorite McDonald's™ item? For me, it's the McChicken®. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken® sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige. One time I asked for McChicken® sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's™ worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!". Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's™ restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs. I even dip my fries in McChicken® sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.
i've never had a mcchicken, actually

A tempting RP. Is it tempting enough to see if I'll be the first doll to die a horrible death?

I get that this is a interest check, but the point of a check is to impress players. People are using the "it's just an interest check" saying as an excuse for bad writing, sub-par face claims, choppy BB code, and incoherent plot. Interest checks are suppose to give us a good feel for plot, characters, and setting and should show us what the roleplay has to offer at its absolute finest. This gave us too many characters with no backstories, a jumbled plot with too much exposition, bad CSes and scenery and mythos that just felt rushed unpolished. There was little to no continuity and I felt that the story was headed in no general direction. All in all, this post fails as an interest check in many ways. I wasn't impressed - I felt more embarrassed.

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
So legitimate question, but could a doll have replacement parts if damaged. If they were a regular hunter or the like, could they have needed to replace limbs?

The One Eyed Bandit The One Eyed Bandit
So legitimate question, but could a doll have replacement parts if damaged. If they were a regular hunter or the like, could they have needed to replace limbs?
Yeah, it's mentioned at some point in the lore. Prosthetics are the most common method of replacement for Wood and Porcelain Dolls, the latter usually having to resort to wooden prosthetics because Dolls don't have a proper way to shape porcelain.

Yeah, it's mentioned at some point in the lore. Prosthetics are the most common method of replacement for Wood and Porcelain Dolls, the latter usually having to resort to wooden prosthetics because Dolls don't have a proper way to shape porcelain.
Perfect, actually just got the lore up, bout to read through it. Thinking on making an older warrior/explorer

Users who are viewing this thread

Back