• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lost in Words [Full]

Asset 14.png

Your eyes feel heavy, and your body even heavier. Gravity carries you through the air like a hot knife through butter, yet you feel not alarm as you plummet to what should be your death, because some primal instinct in the back of your mind tells you that it is much the opposite.

Your eyes flutter open just as the darkness around you gives way to a grey, ancient light.

Below you, a cobbled together city of wood and paper sprawls out in all directions, a sight foreign and unusual. But, that's not the first thing to enter your mind. Instead, it is the realization that you are being born. Life enters your body and your faculties fall under your control.

Perhaps you cry out in panic as you grow closer and closer to the ground, or perhaps you observe yourself and this unexpected life you've been granted, but all the same, you plummet on and into the city of Alexandria.

Into The Library.

_______________________________________________________________________​

Hi reader, I hope I've caught some interest. Excuse me for the vague blurb of an interest check. Lost in Words is, or will be, an explorative RP inspired by the likes of Hollow Knight, Made in Abyss and to a lesser degree the Souls series. You'll play as a group of Dolls, the lore for which you'll find linked below, exploring an ancient, eldritch library in which you were born. I'm looking to have it be lighthearted enough, but still include some darker tones when they're appropriate. I'd describe the tone this'll be going for as between light and dark, grey, appropriately enough.

The plot will likely see you joining a group of adventurers and venturing out of the hub city, and exploring it through episodic quests which will have you both tackling different problems and situations each time, and building an overarching story to follow. I'll be aiming to have that group sit at six to eight players ideally, and maybe ten depending on how things go.

Character-based plots will be both welcomed and encouraged, too, and I'll work on integrating character backstories into the central plot and/or side plots where it's possible and appropriate.

As far as combat is concerned, I'm considering implementing a system for the sake of streamlining it, but as PvP in this should be very sparse I'm also inclined to just leave it freeform. If you've got a preference either way, feel free to let me know below.

I'll also talk about the reboot tag in the title. I last tried to run this setting a few months back, and it didn't get very far. Since then I've gained a lot more free time to run things properly, but do with that info what you will.

To close things off, I'm more than willing to talk about and adapt the lore, which I have set up elsewhere, to fit ideas you might have. Don't be shy! If you're not sure if something you're thinking of will fit in, or want to know more about the setting itself before you express interest, just ask below.

Lost in Words - LORE

Last edited:
With that, I'm going to cap off the check for now. If anyone hasn't, please hop over to the OOC now so we can discuss anything you need to for character creation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back