Lost in dreams

Nayakri

Bust :(
Yet again I turn away and search for a salvation – any kind, really. My mind is hazy, my imagination dangerous, my hands empty, and my heart wild. I want what I will never get, so lost in my dreams and nightmares. Tales of impossible and myths filled with forgotten mark my whole life and as I push myself more and more away from reality, I find this non-existing world soothing and peaceful. Inhaling deeply, I open yet another door, eager to see what is waiting for me behind it.

Hello! I hope I didn't bore you, but I couldn't refrain myself from writing something silly. I have joined this site for two reasons… well, three. Firstly, I'm a student of English (not my native language) and I seek to enhance my abilities in ways I like (definitely far away from books and learning by heart). Secondly, I'm a beginner writer – I have yet to finish 10 first chapters of a book, but I'm sure I'll get there someday. It won't hurt me to have some more practice before, though. Thirdly, I was always interested in roleplaying that doesn't force me into costumes and live acting, but I never had any chance to try it, so today, I gathered my wits and found this place.

I'm interested in many things, but mostly in video games, good fantasy and horror books, and interesting films (mostly fantasy, I hate war-based films).

It is embarrassing to say so, but I have no idea whether I will even have enough courage to join any game any time soon. Still, I'm going to check out how it is happening and whether I can pull out something like that.

Last edited:
English isn't your first language? It's impressive then as I know plenty of people whom speak it as their first language and can't seem to spell properly. Or use the grammers properly. Very well done. I like your style I have to say. There's a nice flow between words that allow the eye, and in turn, mind, to glide over the words swiftly. You have me curious as to your first language spoken, what would that be? To add onto the previous line, what sort of games do you play? I suspect Bloodborne and/or Dark Souls. Let's see if I'd make a somewhat competent detective.

Yet again I turn away and search for a salvation – any kind, really. My mind is hazy, my imagination dangerous, my hands empty, and my heart wild. I want what I will never get, so lost in my dreams and nightmares. Tales of impossible and myths filled with forgotten mark my whole life and as I push myself more and more away from reality, I find this non-existing world soothing and peaceful. Inhaling deeply, I open yet another door, eager to see what is waiting for me behind it.

Hello! I hope I didn't bore you, but I couldn't refrain myself from writing something silly. I have joined this site for two reasons… well, three. Firsly, I'm a student of English (not my native language) and I seek to enhance my abilities in ways I like (definitely far away from books and learning by heart). Secondly, I'm a beginner writer – I have yet to finish 10 first chapters of a book, but I'm sure I'll get there someday. It won't hurt me to have some more practice before, though. Thirdly, I was always interested in roleplaying that doesn't force me into costumes and live acting, but I never had any chance to try it, so today, I gathered my wits and found this place.

I'm interested in many things, but mostly in video games, good fantasy and horror books, and interesting films (mostly fantasy, I hate war-based films).

It is embarrassing to say so, but I have no idea whether I will even have enough courage to join any game any time soon. Still, I'm going to check out how it is happening and whether I can pull out something like that.

English! English! is what I often sez. It's a good language, great for prose and for writing. Like, a lotta writing, all over the place, just flowing down the basins. Good to meet another enthusiast in the language.

Anyhow, wazzup, dude? Drift around this place, man, and stay cool.

Hello! I hope I didn't bore you, but I couldn't refrain myself from writing something silly. I have joined this site for two reasons… well, three. Firsly, I'm a student of English (not my native language) and I seek to enhance my abilities in ways I like (definitely far away from books and learning by heart). Secondly, I'm a beginner writer – I have yet to finish 10 first chapters of a book, but I'm sure I'll get there someday. It won't hurt me to have some more practice before, though. Thirdly, I was always interested in roleplaying that doesn't force me into costumes and live acting, but I never had any chance to try it, so today, I gathered my wits and found this place.

Wow... is english really not your first language? Because you definitely seem to handle english much better than many native english speakers. That short part you wrote at the beginning was just great!

Thank you all :)

English isn't your first language? It's impressive then as I know plenty of people whom speak it as their first language and can't seem to spell properly. Or use the grammers properly. Very well done. I like your style I have to say. There's a nice flow between words that allow the eye, and in turn, mind, to glide over the words swiftly. You have me curious as to your first language spoken, what would that be? To add onto the previous line, what sort of games do you play? I suspect Bloodborne and/or Dark Souls. Let's see if I'd make a somewhat competent detective.

Well, I seem to have problems with grammar, but after so many years of dealing with that, I kind of accepted this flaw as a part of my "skills". My native language is Polish.

I did play Dark Souls and my friend mentioned Bloodborne multiple times, so I guess I will give it a try soon. I play Assassin's Creed, TES, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and many others, but these are the most prominent in my gaming history. I also really like Devil May Cry, though I have played only the fourth one.

English! English! is what I often sez. It's a good language, great for prose and for writing. Like, a lotta writing, all over the place, just flowing down the basins. Good to meet another enthusiast in the language.

Anyhow, wazzup, dude? Drift around this place, man, and stay cool.

Ha, my friend always complained that Polish is an awful language and she can't stand reading anything in it, so when I offered to write a fanfic for her (with her characters and all), she kind of threatened me to write it in English. I can't say I'm exactly an enthusiast, but considering the fact that English is everywhere, I can't really ignore its existance.

Wow... is english really not your first language? Because you definitely seem to handle english much better than many native english speakers. That short part you wrote at the beginning was just great!

Thank you for your kind words :)

With a writing ability like that, almost anyone is going to want you in their story. If you hadn't said so, I would never have guessed that English was your second language. It is very impressive. I enjoy your writing style and look forward to what you'll come up with in the future. Welcome to RPnation, my friend. You are a rare find indeed.

And Polish? interesting. My last name is Polish. Also, I play Mass Effect (1, 2, and 3). I'm ok with fantasy, but I love sci fi, and settings in the modern world that are influenced by the other genres.

Last edited:
Thank you :)

Really? Do you have Polish roots? I don't mean to dig, of course. Sorry, if I'm overstepping a bit. I'm a bit wary towards sci fi, it has been always somehow too strange for me to bear, so I can tolerate only very good ones. But who knows, maybe I'll change my mind someday :D

I'm picky with sci fi as well. Polish roots? I am not sure. My name comes from my step-dad who grew up in Michigan USA. And don't worry; I like it when people ask me questions. However, for the sake of privacy, I'd rather share my last name only via direct private messaging.

No worries, I'm not going to dig so far, I was just a tad curious. Though it wouldn't suprise me should you have Polish roots - we, Poles, have an amusing way of stuffing ourselves everywhere. And then we complain that people yell at us and want us gone... There are so many of us in US that it is simply terrifying...

That's funny. Nah, the only thing I experience is that most people struggle to say my name or spell it. The upside to that is my name can't be faked. I thought about changing it to something easier, but when it comes to legal paperwork, I like that it is difficult. It's like a password.
That's why I don't have it as a name on this site.

Anyway, I have to go to work, but I hope to speak with you more later. Have fun!

Users who are viewing this thread