• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Lost eye of Atalantis (Yes it's spelled like that)

Things looked Bleak even more bleak than they did the day AkiJan was taken in, he was sure there had to be a reason this all wasn’t adding up to him but it was to everyone else. Questions started to arise in his mind when Kolohe questioned him about it being strange that Aki left his door locked. Though there were a few he deemed rational asks, soon became irrational that surly he would have said off boundary areas when he offered to let him stay right? He brushed off all questions in his mind, truth be told it was starting to give him a headache, the painful kind too.

Waverley tilted his head as confusion struck once again “so no one, no one has seen him…or do you mean no one is willingly going to admit they saw him because they are either afraid of what they saw or scared crap to talk to Narfi. I vote the latter myself..” he shrugged playing with the clam shell he picked up and was holding as his gazed diverted to Ubel rushing over waving his arms frantically “what it’s far too dangerous down there for anyone, why the heck would he head there?” He blurted out not leaving room for anyone else to talk before Kolohe grabbed Waverley’s arm and started to dart in the general direction she knew how to reach the Abyssal Plane.

Half way Kolohe halted the Anchors and waved Ruthven to bring the box of things Waverley had picked out for AkiJan and with relief that Ruthven had it covered they pressed on in the depths heading down towards the dreaded Plane.

Upon arrival Waverley’s eyes darted left and right looking for AkiJan, with a little help Kolohe spotted him pointing him out to the group.
The box Waverley had handpicked carefully was passed form Ruthven to Ubel and Ubel to Kolohe who finally placed it in Waverley’s hand with a deep sigh.

Kolohe brushed Waverley down as if ready to present him to the master of prey that stood not far from them, she turned him around and held his shoulders, floating behind him as she carefully pushed him towards AkiJan.
His height towered him that wasn’t news to him, but something about someone nearly devouring you and now towering over you had his nerves tingling as his hands started tk shake a little while holding on to the box for dear life, as his eyes slowly made their way up AkiJan now locked on his as they widened he froze in place not saying a word, not moving, not even flinching or blinking as he just waited for something, anything to tell him Aki is in there still.

Waverley floated in one spot hearing words come from Aki was music to his ears, with only one problem he didn’t understand a word he was saying, looking confused he felt Kolohe presence become closer as she started to translate.

“Yes we did, we were worried about you, when they said you took off without even an inch of trace left behind, we knew something had to give…” he looked back to Kolohe, then returned to looking at AkiJan, it seemed colder, more different but he stuck with it.

Waverley sighed holding the box “I want to help you get your memories back, well at leas some anyway. You asked me a question many actually, but I don’t think you remember it’s a turn of events. I asked you question after question, story after story. It’s not exactly a what do I want from you but more a how can I, me….merboy help you.” He didn’t blink or take his gaze away as he looked at AkiJan “also I don’t want your spine… I just want a little bit of your time if you can spare me that…”

Waverley confused once again looked at Aki as he spoke in riddles, feeling he probably knew he wouldn’t understand, he placed the box next to AkiJan opening it for him.
Watching over him one question he didn’t want the answer but silently asked himself over and over ‘he’s free why does he still wear the muzzle?’

He pondered shortly as AkiJan spoke once again feeling Kolohe’s hand tighten in grip as she hovered her other hand over Aki’s back not touching but surly her presence could be felt by him, Waverley wondered.

Waverley floated there listening to the words they left a sour taste with him as his once happy go luck demeanour changed in a instant, letting go of Kolohe’s grasp much to her dismay and anger as she tried grabbing his arm. He looked at her and whispered ‘im sorry’ has he turned his glance back to Aki.

“So that’s it then, you just give up? You give up yourself, you give up your friends, your crew, your dreams your hopes and better get your freaking promise!” He noticed a small glance from Aki’s eye look over but his body unmoved and words not said as he continued to look out into the swirling vortex current that was getting stronger by the second.

Feeling Kolohe’s panic, Ruthven,Ubel and Jacques watching in disbelief this was even happening as Waverley leaped at AkiJan with no warning, freaking out in the millisecond he had grabbing Aki as they both now hung on the sea cliff edge dangling a small way down holding onto Aki as well as himself ‘crap,crap,crap, what have I done!’ He repeatedly said in his head. Hearing Kolohe’s cries along with Ruthven,Ubel and Jacques attempts to call out to them but it was faint, very faint as the swarming currents vortex started to grow bigger and bigger with ever second. They had to act fast or Ubel would be right they would be sushi tonight and that was not something he wanted to be on a menu.

"Μιλάς για ανησυχία και απελπισία, προσπαθώντας να με βρεις μόνο για να βρω τίποτα και φθορά." - Akijan

"You speak of worry and despair, trying to find me only to find nothing and decay." - Kolohe

"Ζητάς αναμνήσεις, θέλεις να μου δώσεις την καρδιά σου ή το μυαλό σου? Διαφορετικό από κάθε άποψη αλλά συνδεδεμένο το ίδιο."

"You ask for memories, you want to give me your heart or your mind? Different in every way but connected just the same." - Kolohe

Akijan reached for the box, holding it up as a prized trophy. Cradling it like a lost child. Eyes roaming the surface, fingers feeling every item. Relishing in the texture yet withdrawing when it got too much. He held up the mother of pearl, watching the faint sun rays reflect off the dazzling surface. Kolohe watched every movement, the current starting to pick up behind him. Her eyes moved to Waverly as he started to leave her. She tried to grab him back, wanting him to stay close and near her. As if he was her anchor in these rough waves. But he persisted, only uttering "i'm sorry" to appease her aching heart. She stood silent, worried that Waverly will leave her alone with her thoughts and her mind.

"Έδωσε την υπόσχεση, εγώ όχι." (He made the promise, I didn't.)

Akijan turned around, his eyes wide as he went tumbling over the edge with Waverly. He hissed under his breath, his arm getting caught at an odd angle due to Waverlys grip and the force of the current picking up. Kolohe shouted, panic filling her voice as she rushed to the edge. Peering over to see Waverly and Akijan, barely holding on as the current drew near. The current slapped at Waverly, the harsh water slicing through his scales. Akijan was useless, hanging like a rag doll as he couldn't do much. His body still wasn't used to the missing limbs and there wasn't any ledge he could try to get a hold of. Ubel was holding onto Jacques, leaning over the edge to peer at the helpless duo. He wasn't sure what to do and if he could do something, would it be safe enough to do?

"Όταν ο ουρανός συναντά το νερό, όταν ο ήλιος αγγίζει το φεγγάρι." (When the sky meets the water, when the sun touches the moon.)

Akijan looked down at the deep watery depths, waiting for another helpless fish to gobble up. He knew it was helpless, knew that he couldn't be saved nor could they be saved from this predicament Waverly dragged them into. But a voice, in the back of his mind whispered sweet nothings that soaked through the blood lined cracks of his morale. To jump, to take that leap of faith and be one with the waves that crash against the shore of another world. To let go of his desires and dreams, to turn to the one that breathed life into him. As that was...his goal...right? Wasn't it? Everyone is built to worship their creator and sacrifice everything to just get closer to the heavenly principles. This could be it, this could be his final stand. His closing say, his finishing act.

"Μείνετε ήσυχοι, γιατί όταν το φως συναντήσει το σκοτάδι θα τελειώσει επιτέλους." (Be still, for when the light meets the darkness it will finally end.)

He held onto Waverly's arm, eyes searching for any hope left in Waverly. He saw the light shine against his scales, reflecting across the water like a dance just for him. A better hope for the future. He chuckled to himself, how foolish of him to believe that it would ever turn good, but even then. What is there left? His mind rambled on and on as the current kept cutting deeper. He knew that it would be useless just to keep holding on when the group couldn't reach them without potentially getting their arms cut off like him. Their best bet would be for Waverly to let go and pray to Malgosia they didn't get skewered. Thing is, they needed to drop now if they would have any chance of survival. Akijan attempted to jab Waverly with his decapitated arm nub, once he got his attention. He tightened his grip on Waverly's arm, as if he was silently telling him to drop. To let go. That it would be better for them both to attempt to find somewhere safe then to try to climb back up.

"Έχω παραιτηθεί, έχω παραιτηθεί εδώ και χρόνια." (I've given up, I've been giving up for years.)

Akijan held onto Waverly's arm as he let go, bracing for the sudden rush of water to hit them in the face. Akijan turned his head away from the ongoing wave of water heading their way, pushing Waverly's head from staring up to looking down as well.The pressure nearly crushed them but the water was nice to them, they were at its mercy and it given them their dues. The torrent of water lifted them up, swirling them around as a cyclone started to appear. The final stage of the current before it would release its wrath. Kolohe wailed and prayed as she was forcibly dragged away from the edge by Ubel and Jacques. They couldn't be anywhere close or else their heads would be floating around in the water. Decapitated from the force of the waves. Kolohe watched in horror as the cyclone grew larger by the second, overtaking the edge they were at just moments before.

"Είχε έρθει η ώρα μου, το ήξεραν όλοι. Όλοι ήξεραν ότι δεν θα αντέξω." (My time had come, everyone knew it. Everyone knew I wouldn't last.)

Akijan held onto Waverly, not letting him go as they were whipped around in the torrent, the current lashing at anything in its path as it traveled upwards. Away from the gorge and further into the Abyssal plain. Where no man goes but finds himself going anyway. Disregarding every word of caution and hesitancy. Akijan could see faint figures but they soon disappeared as the current kept dragging them away from land. Deeper into unmarked territory. Akijan's mind was racing, repeating the same name over and over again. Waverly. Waverly. Waverly. He had remembered, remembered the forgotten promise. Lost beneath layers of trauma and scars. He needed to protect him, over anything else. Nothing else. He held tightly, the muzzle loosening and soon, it broke free from its locks. He took a deep breath of fresh water that filled his lungs.

"Θεέ μου, θεέ μου. Σε εξυπηρέτησα καλά;" (My God, my God. Did I serve you well?)

The current slowed to a stop, the water releasing its pent up anger as it finally laid to rest. Leaving Akijan and Waverly floating in the middle of the lustrous empty sea. Nothing left to imagine, for it was laid bare in front of their very eyes. Akijan let go of Waverly after what seemed like forever, reaching up to touch his face after noticing the muzzle broke off. It felt hideous, every piece of flesh. Scarred and mauled beyond repair. He knew he must have looked more like a monster like this than he ever was. The blank and emotionless eyes with new scars dancing across his body. Like a spiderweb crack over a porcelain doll, pristine and held together yet close to breaking. He knew, he knew. He turned to Waverly, noticing all the cuts and bruises on Waverly's body. He tore off his sleeve, using it as a towel as he slowly cleaned the wounds. He didn't have any bandages on him but it's better than nothing.

"Θα βρείτε τις νύχτες με φεγγάρι παράξενα άδειες γιατί όταν φωνάζετε το όνομά μου μέσω αυτών δεν θα υπάρχει απάντηση" (You will find moonlit nights strangely empty because when you call my name through them there will be no answer)

His hands roamed across Waverly's body, light and delicate touches as he wrapped Waverly's bandages with what he had on him. A couple pieces of cloth and some seaweed he spotted floating around. He didn't say anything, he didn't need to. They floated silently in the middle of an endless plane, not a word uttered between them. Far away, Kolohe was sitting on the edge of the chasm. Crying her eyes out as Ubel comforted her, she had rushed to the edge as soon as could when Ruthven confirmed the Current had ceased its torrent of rage. She didn't know where they were or if they were alive and safe. She prayed to every god she knew, to protect them and keep them safe. She needed it, that small piece of stability after her others were stolen from her. Ubel said nothing, holding her in his arms as he stared out into the endless sea. A silent prayer was notioned but never spoken.

"Παιδί της θάλασσας γιατί κλαις;" (Child of the sea, why are you crying?)

Waverley looked at AkiJan silently as he waiting for Kolohe’s Translation he looked down “I just want to help you in the same way you helped me, your the only thing close to a family I got…” he looked away knowing it sounded stupid he knew Aki less time but yet felt closer to him than he ever had to his own father. He gazed back upon AkiJan “you’re the only one who never gave up on me, so I sure as heck am not going to give up on you.” His voice grew more confident with them last words he felt them more than he could explain to anyone.

He watched carefully as AkiJan caressed the box as he cradled it close to his chest, he knew the feeling, he knew the feeling all to well, it hurt,pained and angered him to see AkiJan reduced to this.

Aki stifled through the box he still stood and said words that pained far worse to Waverley words he said to himself on more than one occasion. No he couldn’t see this happen not to another, he felt the grip tighten from Kolohe but he released his grip and apologised for his actions he was about to let loose as he leapt at AkiJan both tumbling over the edge holding on for dear life.

Waverley gripped his hand in a crux of two rocks holding on with all he’s got while his other hand held AkiJan using all his strength to hold but it wasn’t going to be long before he would have no choice to let go.
The current slapped against his as he grunted as pain coarser through his body feeling like he was going to be sliced alive and Aki too. Nice going Wave!

Waverley felt a slight tug at his arm, abruptly he looked down at Aki and knew exactly what he was suggesting, words or translation was not need for what he was implying.
He breathed deeply closing his eyes taking one last look up hearing Kolohe’s incoherent cries as he let go one again accepting his fate he can’t keep escaping it right? It’ll just keeping coming like some sort of curse?

Waverley’s body once again went limp, he didn’t know what to do he really was a fish out of water in survival skills, everything and anything he’s done on this so called “journey” has been guided by those around him so he didn’t do something stupid, even though he still Ends up doing something stupid beyond means. Aki turned his head from facing up to facing down his eyes still closed as he was bashed, pulled, tugged, thrashed and thrown around like a rag doll the only thing stopping this current for straight out killing him was AkiJan holding onto him.

Jacques watched from a distance hardly believing what he was seeing though he noted the current reaching its final pull of strong destruction, he looked at Ubel and Ubel looked back as the swam to Kolohe grabbing her an arm each and dragging her back, even though she wailed, still they both held her watching the dismal phase play out in what seemed slow motion.

The current came to a cease and they were out in the middle of nowhere as it disappeared leaving no trace of it ever being the only sign was their battered and bruised bodies from taking a hit like no other and surviving was just unimaginable.

Waverley felt AkiJan release his hold on him though he didn’t turn to face Aki just yet, he took a few breaths looking down at his own hands as they started to tremble, the cuts from the rocks and sea derbies that got wrapped up in the storm started to bleed, his once dark inky scales now drenched in a dark red as old wounds opened from the force.

Waverley was lost for words, lost for expression and lost for anything what had he done, he almost killed them both what was he thinking? He floated there as his eyes began to well up filling up fast, until he felt something pressing against him. He looked seeing AkiJan trying to clean the wounds, was he back?

Waverley didn’t say anything, let Aki clean the wounds which in his mind felt like forever until finally he was done he looked at AkiJan, tears stained his face as he looked at him and still no words but Waverley hugged into AkiJan breaking down on him with the first words spoken between them since “I’m sorry Aki, I’m so sorry….”

Jacques comforted Kolohe the other side of her holding her close as she cried, prayed and begged for them to be safe, he knew for a current like that, there would be no hope for them but something inside him couldn’t help but wonder what if they did make it.?

He left Ubel to comfort Kolohe as he went to bear the question to Ruthven “so what do we do? Do we head down to get them or do we seek help from Narfi?”

"Βοήθησέ με, αυτό θέλεις; Για να ανταποδώσεις μια χάρη που νιώθεις απαραίτητο ή είναι από απαλό οίκτο." - Akijan

"Help me, is that what you want? To return a favor that you feel is necessary or is it out of tender pity." - Kolohe

"Μιλάς για οικογένεια και ελπίδα, επίμονος πρέπει να πω." - Akijan

"You talk about family and hope, persistent I must say." - Kolohe

Akijan reached for Waverly, holding the box snug under his arm, or tried to but had to set it down. He didn't move, just held his hand out. When Waverly took it, he held it tightly. Staring blankly at Waverly's face before tensing up. As if he knew what was going to happen, he dropped the box before being shoved off the edge by Waverly. He tumbled down but was caught by Waverly, gripping onto his arm like a vice. It felt like it all happened in slow mo but the screams of terror were still as loud as ever. Nothing changed, he was still the fool with a heart made of gold that cracked under any force. Beautiful, just like everything else but as flawed as everyone else. He knew, he knew that he would be the last one to let go, but his heart wouldn't let him. He reached up to waverly, as far as he could. To silently tell him, that there was nothing they could do. That they had to accept their fate or die trying to run away.

Kolohe screamed as she saw Waverly's hand let go from the rocks. She peered over the edge, watching Waverly and Akijan swirl around in the current. Blood mixing in the water, turning it a light shade of red. How morbid, knowing that the current was a smoothie machine and her friends were the fruit. Getting diced and sliced like it was nobody's business but theirs. Oh she begged and she cried, she prayed and she screamed. But it went to deaf ears as she watched helplessly. Unable to do anything but lament in her misery and grief. Though she tried to stay near the edge when both Ubel and Jacques dragged her away, thrashing and attempting to claw at them. But she succumbed to her anguish and fell to the ground. Unable to look at what would be left of her dear friends.

Akijan said nothing, he just wanted to get the blood off Waverly before he attracted sharks. And considering their current predicament, they would be shark food instead of getting smoothied. He wasn't that interested in being food, no matter what type. He wiped the blood off and bandaged the wounds, quite proud with his handiwork. Though it didn't last when Waverly turned to face him. Tears streaming down his face as he hugged him. He was silent before reciprocating the hug. "You have nothing to be sorry for." He whispered, patting Waverly's back and giving a small smile with what was left of his face. Wounds reopened and blood was soaking into his clothes. He didn't mind or care, he felt numb to the pain anyway. It stopped bothering him after he got used to feeling agony coursing through his veins.

Ruthven pursed his lips, "Well, I already notified Narfi of the incident. He seemed quite interested in Akijan particularly and his state so I assume he would be coming first hand. And you know how important this must be if Narfi is coming in the flesh." He whispered the last part more quietly as he stared at the chasm. "Hm, not sure how good checking would do, you know how the current is? We don't know when it can come back again, we shouldn't risk it. And at the same time, they could be anywhere and we don't know." He turned to look at the horizon and saw a huge cloud of inky darkness coming closer. He gave a nod, "that must be the boss. It's quite weird to see him outside the...cave." He turned to Ubel and Kolohe, swimming over to them and informing the two of Narfi's presence before going back to Jacques to greet Narfi properly.

Narfi was covered in a layer of darkness, covering everything but the faint outline of his mouth and hair as well as his tentacles flicking out from the murky shadow. Narfi went up to Ruthven first, leaning closer and asking something using taps and signals. Ruthven gave a nod and motioned towards the chasm. Narfi passed Kolohe and Ubel, heading to the edge. Peering over, he didn't see much. Just some blood here and there, as well as the remains of the current. He could sense predators making their way over here, sensing blood. It was better to get everyone out and look for Akijan and Waverly at a different time but that wasn't the best option. He waved for Ruthven to come next to him so he could inquire some more info on the whereabouts and the extent of the event.

Narfi didn't stay for long, giving instructions to Ruthven before leaving. Ruthven seemed pleased with the info he was given and went to talk to Jacques and the others and bring them up to speed "The boss gave the go ahead for checking for Akijan and Waverly but we should be careful since the current can pick up at any time. As well as predators coming out of the deep since there is blood in the water. Though he did suggest using that to our advantage, and finding a predator who can pick up blood in the water to see if they can find the group since dead or alive. They are bound to be injured in some way or another. So...anyone know a predator who can do the task without any questions? Best we keep this under wraps and not make this hit the headlines or anything. That would be a whole 'nother mess."

As AkiJan finally cleaned up the last of the wounds Waverley floated there motionless until he had finished, just letting the tears roll down his face staining his cheeks as they did. All matter of feelings rushing through his body as he looked at AkiJan, he wasn’t going for him he didn’t seems too distant either, but regardless of it all he didn’t care he felt immense guilt that he nearly got them both killed it was taking everything in him just to not panic.

He rushed over hugging into AkiJan crying more than he did before words not coming out as clearly but we’re still there “I do though..” he wiped his face with his arm now looking at Aki but surprisingly no flinching, no fear at the hideous sight of AkiJan’s jaw or his missing limbs. “I selfishly wanted you to remember your promise because I can’t do this without you, your the only one who has ever done anything for me, showed me any signs of love and care and I didn’t want to loose you…your all I have…I know that’s putting a lot on your for my own problems but still I just, flipped and got angry and now we’re…..” he looked around to see nothing, nothing and more nothing, it was dark and eerie. The place no one traveled but found themselves there anyways.

Then in that moment it finally dawned on him “WAIT AKI YOU KNOW WHO I AM? You…..you remember? Holy carp….” He seemingly seemed joyous for a moment even with their current predicament.
“I knew you would come back to us I just knew it, they all told me to stop believing but I didn’t I couldn’t and you’re here and not speaking that strange tongue? And not wanting to e….” He stopped before he could finish sighing as he looked around finding a small rock bellow them and grabbing Aki’s hand pulled him gently down to the rock to sit.

“I’m sorry forgive me for forgetting, you’re gonna need some rest.. are you doing okay do you need anything I can check the surrounding area for something?” He asked his eyes beaming with happiness to see Aki as himself once again. It was like previous attempts to eat him had been washed from his mind seeing his good friend back in control of his mind.

Jacques nodded “well that’s good I guess.. it’s a bit odd that he personally wants to come down? Normally he would send someone in his place but…” he looked into the chasm with Ruthven.

“Honestly I can’t see how they would have made it that current was far too strong. I don’t wanna be no doom or gloom or nothing but you saw how strong that thing was.. how the heck is anything gonna survive that? It was pulling up debris left, right and centre!”
He folded his arm as he too peered back seeing the inky cloud of darkness heading towards them. “Welp here’s the boss now” he turned his head towards Ruthven “you’re right there it is weird not seeing him on the throne…ten times more weirder not seeing you puppy dog behind him…” he snickered a little swimming away a little before getting hit by Ruthven.

Upon Ruthvens return, Jacques bowed as Narfi arrived infront of them letting Ruthven speak to him Jacques made his way next to Ubel as Rutheven was called over to give more of a lowdown on what went down and the current situation and all they know. He watched Narfi turn away, he didn’t stay long I mean what was he expecting Narfi to join the expedition?

Ruthven returned to them seeming pleased with how things went with Narfi.
Jacques raised an eyebrow “find a predator to help us…are they gonna help us or gonna wanna try and eat us? I dunno about you but I don’t wanna be lunch..” he scoffed folding his arms.

Jacques shook his head “not here I’m afraid the last one I got tangled with got me a month without fish biscuits and I ain’t loosing out on them again…you know Narfi is the only one who has them….everyone else’s aren’t the same…” he trailed off leaning his head on Ubel’s shoulder looking down at Kolohe “Miss Kolohe so you perhaps maybe know of anyone, you seem to have a lot of contacts anyone you know might be able to trust enough to help out?” He asked softly which was strange coming From Jacques.

"No...you don't.." He wiped the tears off Waverly's face, giving a small smile. "Saying sorry doesn't do anything, it really doesn't. And even then, there is nothing to be sorry for, you were desperate. To help me, and to help yourself." He looked around and saw nothing, just a vast endless plain of lost hopes and dreams crumbled beyond repair. "A promise is a promise isn't it? To protect you if it was the last thing I could do. And i'm not one to break promises so easily, even if I'm under the influence of the nightmares that haunt me from the past." He laughed, his laugh sounding like music to Waverlys ears. A light through the darkness. "Of course, I can't just forget a face like yours so easily." He smiled, letting Waverly lead him to the rock. "The strange tongue is my mother language, that's why I always revert back to it in times like this. Seaspeak isn't my first tongue but it's the one I use the most since its universal."

"Eat you?" He asked, finishing what Waverly could not. "I suppose the fish was let out, yes i'm a predator. Or a carnivore, however you see it as. I'm both." He leaned back against the rock, staring at the water. "I'm perfectly fine. Don't worry about me." He sighed heavily, eyes glazing over his body. "I'm in a bit of pain but nothing i'm not used to, plus i don't have anything to cease the agony." He said passively. "Are you alright though? I tried my best to bandage everything but I don't have the materials to do a more sterile and secure approach to your winds. The current was quite rough on you I assume?" He asked, waving his arm in the water before sighing. "I'm not sure if they know we are alive, if not. We are going to be here for a while. So come, sit down with me." He asked, taking Waverly's arm in his hand and motioning towards the spot next to him.

Ruthven gave a shrug. "Narfi is always up for random ass surprises and visits, always gotta be on your fins when he is around. Perhaps this is a big enough thing that he wanted to be there in person and not have some random lackey come and visit the situation." Ruthven suggested. "That is fair but we shouldn't give up just like that...never say never is what they say." Ruthven said, jabbing Jacques in the side. Turning to face Narfi and giving a light hearted sigh. Before glaring at Jacques and throwing a punch as he chased Jaques away. "Oh when will you ever lay that off??" He yelled in annoyance before brushing his hair and bowing to Narfi. Giving a quick rundown before listening to Narfi and his instructions. "Thank you for coming on such short notice, boss." Narfi gave a dismissive wave before leaving just as quick as he came.

"I doubt anyone would want to eat a sour piece of fish like you, might make them puke, don't ya think?" He snickered. "And besides, I trust his judgement. If he says a predator is needed, a predator we will find." He proclaimed. He rolled his eyes at Jacques's statement, not impressed. "Fish biscuits, if it isn't Ubel, you're always talking about those biscuits. What's with them?" He snarled. Ubel moved his hand through Jacques's hair before tapping Kolohe on the shoulder. "Kolohe?" He asked. Kolohe gave a mutter before looking up, pushing her hair away from her face. Eyes red and puffy from crying and her arms red and irritated from anxiety scratching. She gave a blank look at Jacques before giving a huge sigh.

"I do know a couple who can keep their mouths shut but I'm not sure if they're willing to come out here on short notice. Or if they're open to helping in the first place, we aren't exactly on the best of terms. The one i have my mind on is...how would I say this...Obsessed with Narfi, an octopus species of course. And octopuses are known to be territorial. His name is Ajal and he hates anyone who is affiliated with Narfi. And he is my older brother by name. She said his name with disdain as she leaned against Ubel. "He doesn't like me, hates me but he is the only one I know who has a chance of not saying anything. Weird I know but if we don't mention Narfi's name at all, this can go quite smoothly." She reached for Ruthven who handed her a scroll. She scribbled out a long message before handing it to Ruthven.

Ruthven sped off, taking the letter to the place known as "dead mans cove." Parked near skull caverns but far enough they were seen as two separate places. He had been here only twice, both for political affairs that Narfi had sent him on. He never liked this place, always left a sour taste in his mouth. Like unripe hemmat fruit. He pushed that thought away though, no time to wallow in shame and annoyance. He got past the bouncer who was standing in front of the door. Ruthven dodged the people flinging themselves against one another, already getting frisky despite it being three feet away from the door. He gagged on the inside till he reached the second floor, filled with private rooms. He ran through them, eyes looking at the gold bordered name plate on each.

"Ajal, bingo." He knocked on the door, hearing no answer, he sucked in his breath and slammed open the door. Eyes prowling every inch of the darkened room, illuminated by neon lights. "Ah, there you are. Knew you would be hiding out here. Could smell you a mile away." Ruthven said snarkely, tossing the parchment to Ajal who caught it with ease. Ajal, a blue ringed octopus who had a taste for certain octopus in the sea. Ajal shared physical similarities to Kolohe, not a surprise since they aren't blood related. His personality was as toxic as his blood, rude and snarky as well as being obsessive over the one and only Narfi. And not the good obsessive, a huge red flag if you will. Ruthven made a gag me gesture as he watched Ajal get up from his chair. Coming up to Ruthven to try and intimidate him.

Waverley felt AkiJan’s hand touch his face he’s sadness lifted for only a second. “Sorry accounts for a lot of things when actions can’t speak loud words come into play, I shouldn’t have done what I did..I” he looked down almost feeling guilty for throwing the promise card at him. “I guess so but still the amount who broke them before hand is rather questionable.. if you ask me.” He shrugged, hearing Aki’s laugh made Waverley feel at ease, happy even that Aki was back all be it in pieces but he was back indeed.

“I mean a face like mine? I don’t know if I should be proud or offended by that statement” he giggled as he brought Aki down the the stone below them.

“Oh I see…that explains a lot, especially with..” he waved his hands frantically “never mind it’s not important, what is, is the fact you’re back.” He smiled a small gleam in his eye appeared as he gazed at AkiJan.

Waverley bashfully held his arms behind his back looking down avoiding eye contact with Aki best he could “erm…yeah I mean I kinda gathered from the two times you went for me but it’s okay you don’t need to feel bad I know it wasn’t you, we all have two sides to us your no different. They don’t make a double sided shell for no other reason, besides I can’t be mad or anything because well im still here, doing all I can to get you back….Ehehe, now physically back I guess..”. He giggled nervously looking around still for a moment as something a miss he could hear…

Ḫ̶̺̬͍̒͒͑̿͋ė̵̡̹̪̟̟̥̳̪̲̄͘͜’̷̛̞̗̰͇̫͙̰̼̐̑͑́̇̈́̈́̚͝s̶͔̬̫͍̱̹̼̮͙̪̎͌͒̃̿̽ ̷̨͇̣̭͉͍̩̹̦͇̌̀́̾̕͝t̶̜͈̂̿̒͐̉́̕̚ḩ̵̛̟̲̯̯̽̋̓ĕ̶̺͒̓͒̾̏̉̉͘ͅ ̸̨̡̛͙̱̖͙̙̽̀̐̀̂́̑͋o̷̪͍̯͊̂̅̔̉̃͠n̷͎͖̘̘̝̐̋̊͘̚̕͝e̴̢͎͖̮̝̬͍̍͌̀̅̿̊̽̆͝͝,̸̡̠̲̮̠̯̙̭̋̈̌̄̈̑͠ ̴̛̦̭̜̾͂̿́́̀͒͠͠h̶̻͔̮̞̥̞͈͆e̷̟̰̘̫̭̻̐́̏̋̈́̋͜͝͝’̸̡̜͖͈̫͊́̿̆̌͐̐̋͝s̸͎̉ ̸͇̽ẗ̴̰̅̏̅̋̌ḧ̴͉̲͉̟̮́̆̆̾͐͗͐̉̌̉ͅë̶̜̞̒͐͒̅͋͌̊ ̷̪͋̅̓́̂̉̈́̉̓̊o̵͕̼̖̱̘̞̥̿̄̑͒̒̕n̷̢̠͍̤̦̦̞̒́͊̈e̶̛̫͍̔̓̐̏́̾̚ ̷̧̮͕̤̠̰͑͗̓̀̃̂̈̑͠w̸̢͓̪̲̼͎͕͙͎̃̆̔́h̸̲͛͌o̴̧͈̯͒͊̋̍̾̋͌́̃ ̸̨̗̟͙͇͎͉̬̬̤͑̌ṡ̶͕͐̍̈́̒̒̑̕͠͝h̸̭̩̞̖̪̖͚̾̇ǫ̴͉͈̼͙̱͓̀̑̌̑̏̌̅u̴̜̿l̸̺̻͓̟̼͖̻̻͙͆̉͆ͅd̸̢̢̨̼͎͓̜̥͚̂̊̊̀͆͠ ̸̣͙̥̰͕̤̓b̴͈̮̲̑̏̈́̀͠e̷̛͚͔̓͌̽͒̄͌ ̶̻̮͕̪̓̑̎w̴̖̘̹̻͉̱̝̻͚̑ṙ̸̢̼̰̳͗̎͌̒̇͛͘e̵̢̲̻͓̤̖͔͗͐͜͜ć̵̛͎̭̠͜͝ḱ̶̛̤̤̤̰̋̄̈́͗̿̎͝ͅe̴̢̹̩̘̻̭̹̠͈̺͗ḑ̴̢̡͍͈͊́́̒͝
̸̹̏͘ͅ
̶̭̠̩̱̳̾͊̌͋͘͝ͅH̴̞̙͉̝̺̣͕̞̅͌́̋̋͛̀͜͝ȇ̶̢̖͙̱́͒̊̆͠ͅ’̴̘͉͙̫̟̦̜̘̫͒s̴̨̡̢̢̻̱̠̠̈̽́̓̈͆͝ ̵̡̛͍̰̹̒͋̈́̓̒͘͘͝ͅt̵͉̮̬̊̔̌͑̈̉̚͘h̵͈̰͍̦̗̯̩̜́̋̔͂̆̈́̇̊̚͝e̴̮͙͓͑͒̈́̌͗̑́̃͘ ̶͓͛̓̅̾o̵̦͊̍̈́̃̂̒͌̈́̄̕n̶̨̦̫͕͚͔̈ẻ̶̖͇̼͓̞͍̮̭̱,̶̠͈̻͓̼͒̄͝͝ ̸̛̞͛͊̅̓̀h̷̻̙̲̄ë̶̛͙̙͚̲̱̲̠̞́̀̄͆̎͗̅̋͠’̶̛̹͍̤̗͂̇͛͜͝s̵̬̺̹̥͚̭̰̰̈́̐̽͌͐ ̶̨̱͗̍͂̽̇t̴̟̰̲̞̦̩̿͗̔̌͑̐̕h̶͉̞̥̱̾͂ę̵̛̥̗̗̞͉̻͆͜ ̴̬͚͌̃͐͂o̵͉͎̰̲̳̐̃̚ń̷̡̞͖̥͉͉̰͚͙̣͂̅̔̈͋͒̈́͝e̵̛͔̹͓͕͈͙̋̃͊̎̊͗͜ ̴̨̡͚̹͆̄̍̽͗͜͝w̷̩̌̌̑̈͘h̵̡̡̰͚̥͓̝͗͐̆͂̅͆̃͜͝ơ̴̯̘̜͚̣̐̽̒̃̍̑͘ ̵͇̹̯͈͍̝̝̤̹̉̍̈́̈̈̂ͅs̵̬̺̦̈̉̔̕ḩ̸̛̛̥̗̻̥̹͖̺̽̀̋͠ͅo̵͍͐͒͌́́͜ͅũ̶͎̲̌́̀̔̒͋̈́̚͝ḽ̷͇̤̰̭̙̹͇͙͖̽̒̀͘͠͝d̷̡̫͍͍͓́͌̽͊ ̶̢͓͓͕͑̽͋̇̇́͗͘b̴̳̘̬͕͌̂̆͂͋̾̈́̏̊̀e̴̢̡̾͌̐͋̅͊̿̑̋̚ ̸̢̣̩̞̎s̶̡̢͚̽͂͌̽͊̉̏͘̚͘a̵̧͎̺̜̥̘͊͛̉̈́̊͘͜ḭ̶̙̰̥͔͕̲͉̱̭̐̏̏̚͝d̴̳̙̤̱̀̽̾̏͐̿͗͘͠ ̵̧͎̠͉̫̠̫̈́̔̑̌̒̄͠͠
̸͙͐
̴̝̑́̔͘H̷̡̼̮̺͕̣͉͊̏̀͜͠e̵̡̟̺̯͉̦̾́̓͌͑̋̾́͆̎’̷̧̟̭̱̙̖̠̝͍̘͆̉̑̈́s̶̠̐̉̊̈́̈̃͐̽ ̴̥̬̫͉̠̪̓̂̓̆̀̆͌͝ͅẗ̸͚̞̰̬̜̼͉́̉ḥ̵͉̤̼̺̣͎̝̠̃̽̌̃͋̇̈́̆̈́̕e̵̡̗̥̺̦̗̪̤͂̑͜ ̵͔͓͕̪̱̫̹̃͗̃̈̔͋͝͝o̴̟͈̿̔̊̀͛́̿ņ̴̹̼̝͊͌̐̀͆͘͝ȇ̵͈̯̮̘̜̳̬̩͙̐̿̉̇̅͘̚͠͝ͅ,̵̹̫̯̗̄̌͛̉̀̍͐͠ ̵̢̝̞̘̹̤͉̺͂́̑͛͌͠h̷̖̳̀͐̊̆͑̂͘͝͝͝ͅȇ̸̬̣̤̺̉͆̒͂̏̄̕̚͝’̷̧͓̖̩͂̉̏̿̆̏̄͛̆̿s̷̢̲̟͎͚̦̗̏̈́̈́͋ ̵̛͈̙̠͔̬̝̒͜ṭ̶̡̧̨͙͇͉͊̇͝͠h̵̛̦̺̥͔̱̒̑̾͑ͅe̷̗̹̗͖̯̦̬̪͒̑̉ͅ ̸̖̫̘̺̖̫̪͈͋̽̀̑̃ò̵̢̧̫̠͎͚̹̠̩̐ń̷̨̛̉͑́͌̽̚͝͝e̸̱̻̔̀̍̌͒̂̇́̾͠

It was muffled, distant he swirled around looking to see if it was AkiJan speaking to him and he’d missed but he just looked at him. Confusion crossing their faces for a small moment before AkiJan asked how he was doing. “Oh me, psh, yeah I’m fine thank you for taking care of my wounds as always…my hero!” He smiled “ it’s just been a big couple of days. That’s all.” he shrugged. “I’m just glad you’re doing well….as good as can be expected in your current predicament.”

He looked Into the darkness once again, he wondered how Kolohe was how she felt what they were all thinking probably that they will be dead. But what else could they do? It didn’t seem much as an option but to wait. He sat beside AkiJan breathing deeply sighing…

D̴̘̠̎͒̓̃͘e̶͍̽̌͊͗̽̎̒͊̔͘a̵̹̞͕͚̦͍̯̿̄̿͋̏̆͆͗̀͜͝ḑ̴͉̜̠͕̪͕͕̦̄͑̽̾͆̎̎͘͝͠ͅ ̷̛͈̜̥̗̼̞̺̫̟͔̄̎̿m̶̡̦̯͔̱̀͌̒̾͐̔̿͘͜͜͝ͅẹ̸̡̛͐̋̌̒́͛̇͝n̸͔̹̯͓̬̅ ̴̢̗̳̰̗͇̫̃̾͊͂͒̄̿͜͝͠ͅt̷̪̳̘̠̠̣͆è̷͍͋́̆̽͋̀̄͘͝l̷̤̮͆̐̈́̍͆l̶̤̬͙͔̱͓̦̗̇ ̸̧͍͕̐̎͂̓̍̓͜ṇ̶̛͉̞̤̓͗̓̈́̅̕͠͠ǫ̸̡̲̬͖͇͚̖̬̣̌̑̆ ̷̡͖̄̋͊̑̀͆͝t̴̞̲̫̮̃͐́̚a̴͔̟͋́̄͒̋̃͘͝͝͝l̸̞̯̰̖̘͚̟̬̃͆̏̕ê̴͓̪̮̻̣̙͍̊̎̍͌̂͒̔͑s̶̪̜̲̫̦̩͕̰͉͍̽ ̷̨̱̭͔͗͜
̵̨̠͈̳̟̹͖̳̩̯́̋͑̚͝
̵̛͎̱̻̫̠̟̂͌̿̉̀́͘͜ͅͅM̵̗̥̲̳̹͕͂͌̐͗͘o̸̥̲̖̱̲͛n̶̨̙̩̪̙͍͇͈͐̇̿͋́͑͝ś̵̡̡̨̪̭͎̱̭͍̋̆́̈́̕ͅt̶̡͇̱̜̄̌̎̇̚ę̴̲͐̏̑͂r̴̻͔̫̉̆̓̊s̴̢͎̫͂ ̴̯̎̓̍̒͛̽̔̎͐̚c̴̣̞̗̠̓̈̈̌̓ó̸̡̗̲͇͙̗̾͝m̸̝̳͈̰͛̓ė̴͕̬̻̤͖̄͝ ̷̡̬̭͔͇͇̂̑̔̎ͅi̵̗̟̅́̈́̌̋̓̏̚̕ń̵̹̘͎̠̃͝ ̸̤̼̾͒̿̐̐̊̆̃͐̂ą̶͚̮̟̥͛̅̅̽ĺ̵̡͇̲̋̉̋̀̚ḽ̴̰͉͍͇̮͈̈́̕ ̵̥̠̱̞̠̳̿̈̆̑̾̆̈̍̅͜s̸̱̹̤͇͙̰̗͍̹̍̎̆̾͘̚͝͝͝h̶̻͙͕̲̓̏̎̑̊̄̽̀͑͘a̶̯͉̜̝̋͛̓͑̚͘͝p̶͉̄̒̂͝e̵̬̜̗̙͔̘͗͌̈́̑̈́̌͜s̸̠̙̟̜̬͍̀̃̈́̅ ̶̛̞̜̞̅͌́̆͘̚á̵̧̺̗͓̮̂́́͛̊͛̓͛͜͝ͅn̵̮̱̤̯̿̏̓̋͘͘d̷̨̩̞̗͉͍̠̃̎̚ ̴̥͉̳̻̩͗̀̔͂̅̉̚̚̚š̶͈̠̠̗̈͂̀́̈́i̸̠͙̦̻̯̩̟̽̏̈͒͑̍͋ͅz̵̨̜͍̱̻͒̎̊͠e̶̞͚͇̫̙͈͑̊̌͐s̶̡͙͉̘̫̃̚ͅ ̸̛̜̜͔̠̥͚̼͉̙́͂͋̔
̶̙̳̤̺̀
̸̞̪̪͍̯̤̟̌Y̶̢͈̽̄̎O̷̧͈̣̩̳̯͖̹͖̾Ü̴̯͍̤̯̮̞̲͎̙̹͗̑̌͝ ̸̧̠͈̪̜̋͝͠A̴̛̳̣̪̘̓͌̽͊͑́̿͘R̵̨͈̜̖̤̿̽́̕Ē̴̡͉͈͔͕ ̴̥̯̮͂̊̅̓̐̇͆N̶̟͖̼̘̪̮͊̔̊̌̍̕͝͝ͅO̷̮̟̰̥̲͇̳͊̌̈̊̋͋͛̔͘̕ͅ ̵̯͖͖̥̀͑̈́Ẹ̷̡͎̆̅͌́̌Ẍ̷̮̼̞͎̞́͒̾̕Ç̵̛͕̀̍͑́͊͐̂̕E̵̺̦̐̓̒̿̆̕P̵̘̗̟͔̺͓͕̄͗͒̒̑T̸̨̰̯͇͎͚͇̦̿Ỉ̴̼̈́̋̍̒̿̕͜Ồ̴͔̣̮̪̻͉̳͘͜͝Ň̸̪̐̅͛͋͘͜͠͝!̷̯̬͎̦͉͇̪̏!̴̢̛͙̫͈̤̠̘͍̝̃͗̿̀̊!̴̛̖̋̏̉̾͝͝

There it was again.. that muffled voice he turned to Akijan “do…do you hear that?” He asked concern written on his face as Akijan blankly returned a look that confirmed he did not hear anything…what was this voice and where was it coming from.

“Gotta be on your fins when you’re around too. Narfi 2.0” he snickered quirky to himself.
“Perhaps maybe he’s bored without his favourites around hmm?” He questioned Ruthven poking him in the chest.

Jacques rolled his eyes “bleh, you too, what’s with all the sappy positivity quotes you sound just like the kid and look where that got us.. I’m just saying!” He swam around Ruthven his arms up in a ‘I surrender’ motion.

Jacques smirked at Ruthven “I’ll stop it when you actually do something about the little love poofs that come from you ever time he’s near dreaming of Narfi in your dreams” he smiled making kissy faces to Ruthven before Narfi turned up in front of them.

Jacques balled his fists looking at Ruthven “that does it lemme at you!” He said swiping at Ruthven but not getting anywhere as Ubel had held of him stopping him from going any further toward Ruthven.

“Of course you trust his judgement… who doesn’t it’s either that or be eaten alive…” Jacques scoffed smiling at Ruthvens next comment “hey those fish biscuits are the dream they are beautiful AINT no one telling me others and my Ubee is like a delicate fish biscuit thank you!” He smiled pecking Ubel on the cheek before turning his attention to Kolohe.

Jacques rubbed his hands together “alright then you go ahead and get him Ruthven we will wait here for your return so we don’t loose anyone and if your not back in an hour we will come find you! Okay…good be safe and errrr, bring us back a predator.” He jabbed his tail at Ruthven as he left leaning his head on Ubel’s shoulder sighing “since when did we decided to play rescue party…”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back