• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

LOST CONTINENT: FLIGHT FROM MUURDAAN (THE SAGA CONTINUES!)

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
"In a world of sprawling empires across dozens of continents, nearly every corner of the world had been explored. Wilds tamed, monsters brought to heel -- and a dark, iron-fisted order and law -- guaranteed by the Underlords of Muurdaan, was absolute. Borders are stable, and for many life is stagnant and opportunities short. Many yearn for new lands, somehow a chance to make their fortune -- and finally that day may be coming. Eyes have turned to the last continent, the lost continent, the outlaw continent: An enormous land that centuries ago was ruled by powerful wizard kings and queens. In ages past they sealed their lands away from the rest of the world, vessels and travelers were forever turned away from its shores. Magical storms and enchantments confounded instruments and destroyed ships or other conveyances who dared to go near it. Stifled trade permitted by the Mage Kings slowed and then stopped hundreds of years ago -- and in the ages that passed, the spells that locked their lands away have slowly faded.

The Underlords immediately saw this new Jewel to claw permanently into the rest of their realms, but the bonds are not yet weak enough to allow an army or great heroes to reach the new world -- but they are weak enough to allow aspiring heroes and small groups of settlers to pass unseen. The Underlords made proclamations to those who would risk their lives for influence, riches, and the opportunities of a new land -- Any worthy persons would be given a Ship and a small community of pioneers with supplies to make landfall and settlement. In return, They would explore, tame, and claim the new lands for themselves -- Tithing a portion of any riches they find to their patrons and supporting the trade of treasures, magic, and exotics found in the new land for gold and finished goods that would no doubt be needed in the new settlements.

You could be one such leader. Each leader shall guide a faction, and the factions will co-operate, compete, and make or break the community in this new world. Can the settlers put aside the grudges and vendettas of the old world behind? Can diverse races and cultures live together side by side in a hostile wilderness and establish a common law? Time will tell."

NOTE: This is a detailed fantasy nation building game that has it's emphasis in resource/people management, struggling against adversity, risk, and loss. DO NOT consider joining this game if you: Don't like reading or making detailed posts regularly or are only interested in seeing your character win (this game has dice AND loss and death can be EXPECTED if characters are reckless.) Also, bigotry, racial tension, as well as issues of diversity are themes as well, be warned!

That said, I am sure if you read even a bit of the story you can see that it's worth the effort! game on!

The Story so Far: (The existing thread is 13+ pages of amazing posts, with OOC chat considerably longer prior this re-boot!)

The Old World has been left behind. Almost a dozen factions have set sail for the new world... the "Lost Continent" -- some did not survive the sea voyage, some have returned home, some have succumbed to the dangers of the new world or merely vanished -- but standing in defiance a colony has been founded, and yet remains.

The Human Faction of the Attolians have strengthened relations with the fragmented exiles. The wood elves too, now without leadership find warm but uncertain homes with the fierce minotaurs of Harun'taras -- the Tyren. The high elves continue to consolidate their position with them they would call their lessers, and the growing cult of Dracos preaches of dragons and redemption in a land now thought to be the graveyard of fallen gods. 

The newly arrived ratkin still seek to make their place in the order forming out of the chaos called "Marketplatz" -- with Aggressive Gnoll Natives and the mysterious "Mud-Elves" who seek to destroy the colony as a sacrifice to their Pagan god... The mysterious Zebani "Imps" lurk in the sewers beneath the colony... eluding any classification of friend or foe... and what of the Great Crocodile Men, The Aymarans? After finding their homes in the colony's sewers some whisper they may have disappeared almost overnight -- surely such rumors cannot be true? 

All this, and the Snakemen and clockwork soldiers in the north -- and a sprawling ruin of skeletons and restless spirits at the very doorstep of the fledgling colony. 

The colony stands alone, out of contact with the old world -- without even an Imperial Magistrate to guide or rule them... and still new factions of settlers may be landing any day... Will you take the help to lead one such expedition? Will your faction make it's place, and unlock the mysteries of the Lost continent?

This is a formal interest check for an established Nation-building game ("LOST CONTINENT: FLIGHT FROM MUURDAAN") -- we presently number around 5 returning players to the re-active thread, but looking for one or two more players that are truly interested and a great fit to the game. Post here if you might be interested, with an idea of the type of leader(s)/character(s) you'd be interested in playing and what fantasy races interest you... the game has already seen diversity from regular humans, to ratkin, to lizardmen, elves, and minotaurs and more! If you've got ideas and interest lets talk about them!

-BeckonCall : GM and servant to the most holy PC!

I am interested. A race I would want to add though would be a species with their nation established in the mountains. Either dwarves, or a species akin to bird like beings.

So I have been severely craving a world building RP. Before I get into any character/faction creation, I'd like to know how the mechanics of creating such things works. I already have a few ideas on race and chieftains/leaders/faction leaders. Since I really do like secretiveness and no one knowing what's what being in a "new" world, I would like to talk everything out before I post any of my stuff. Lastly, what form of communication is being used for the RP? I can do just about anything, excluding voice due to slow internet.

Glad to see quite a bit of interest. Attolian player here just dropping by to say hello.

Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon : Feel free to help field any of the questions/interest here! I hope to add two, maybe three devoted players, since the Aymarans look like they are being off-ramped (and I have a great story element for doing this -- I certainly think it's exciting to see factions both thriving and faltering in the new world!)

LET ME JOIN YOU

Thanks plox

It would be great if you checked the introductory information (I'll provide links after this post) and gave an idea of what kind of leader/faction you'd want to play. It's really detailed, so if you're light on text or get impatient it might not be the best game for you! Check us out!:

THE STORY THREAd
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/lost-continent-flight-from-muurdaan-beckoncalls-fnb.161687/

THE OCC Chat THREAd

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/beckoncalls-fantasy-nation-building-rpg-thread.161689/

MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION STEPS: (1 & 2):

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/be...n-building-rpg-thread.161690/#comment-4405867

CURRENT FACTION STATUS SHEET THREAd (likely to be updated before "season two")

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/be...n-building-rpg-thread.161688/#comment-7495195

Also feel free to message me! If you are interested in joining, feel free to complete step one of application and PM me! from there we shape the concept until we can agree on a shared vision or one of us decides to abandon to respectfully reconsider participation. The first step is giving a thumbnail broad brush concept of your leader and his followers, and what race they are of (HOMOGENOUS FACTIONS PREFERRED as it makes things infinitely easier, the getting along dynamics of all the different factions are complicated enough!) after that, you will be given a kind of "army list"
that tells you how much wealth and points your expedition has to spend. Factions with real or perceived loyalty to the existing powers that be may receive greater initial resources, but also have obligations to the old world and mistrust of others. A value in "Manpower" will be given the player to spend between skilled/unskilled workers, troop types, and special characters.

God Moders, Munchkins, and lone wolves will not have fun in this game. Serious RPers looking for a unique group commitment and experience will not be disappointed.

Truly Your GM,

Beck

Fenrere Fenrere

Last edited:
Beckoncall Beckoncall
Alright. Sounds good. I'll try to quickly catch up on everything and start doing that membership application.
Might be a couple of hours before it's done, but that's life.
I'll send any PM's for any concerns.
Thanks again! ^_^

Beckoncall Beckoncall
Alright. Sounds good. I'll try to quickly catch up on everything and start doing that membership application.
Might be a couple of hours before it's done, but that's life.
I'll send any PM's for any concerns.
Thanks again! ^_^

Jellyon Jellyon :

Do not feel the need to rush, don't give yourself any deadlines. Take your time, it's a lot to take in. No pressure. <3

Beckoncall Beckoncall I was Severynd Whinstek i was talking to you right before you left XP. You have a page for character sheets and stuff where I can share my ideas?

Severynd Severynd
Beckoncall Beckoncall I was Severynd Whinstek i was talking to you right before you left XP. You have a page for character sheets and stuff where I can share my ideas?

Send ideas of factions and character straight to Beckon for approval via PM. If you or anyone needs clarification as to what's happened/what is going on or advice then feel free to ask!

Severynd Severynd :

I think you're in good standing where to go from here, but if you want advice on fleshing out your faction you can always ask the other players in OOC chat what the think... like if they could spend their points differently, would they? if so, how? Why did they choose to start their faction the way they did?

You may be getting ahead of yourself though. without a fully fleshed part 1... point values for your faction can't be speculated accurately... but general opinion on how and why people made decisions the way they did is worthy.

I am interested. A race I would want to add though would be a species with their nation established in the mountains. Either dwarves, or a species akin to bird like beings.

Grammatic Grammatic :

Well, if you don't mind starting as a fish out of water, it might be easy to accommodate you, but starting in a mountainous region is not an option, at least initially -- the landing zone and explored area (I'd post a map but RPNation might have wiped the image-base, so I have to find and repost it) but the nearest mountains are a considerable distance away through hostile unexplored territory. That said, the entire lost continent rests on top of cliffs hundreds of feet high, so you could argue the whole land as far as any player knows is already a mountain, except for a small patch of beach making up the landing zone.

There are giant trees nearby that might be attractive to a bird species, but there is a very dark and forboding issue with at least one of them which might give you pause for settling there.

Flying is a huge advantage too, and might impact the size of your faction.

If you have any questions let me know, I don't see any reason for dwarves or any other race idea neccessarily not to work out with negotiation!

Grammatic Grammatic :

Well, if you don't mind starting as a fish out of water, it might be easy to accommodate you, but starting in a mountainous region is not an option, at least initially -- the landing zone and explored area (I'd post a map but RPNation might have wiped the image-base, so I have to find and repost it) but the nearest mountains are a considerable distance away through hostile unexplored territory. That said, the entire lost continent rests on top of cliffs hundreds of feet high, so you could argue the whole land as far as any player knows is already a mountain, except for a small patch of beach making up the landing zone.

There are giant trees nearby that might be attractive to a bird species, but there is a very dark and forboding issue with at least one of them which might give you pause for settling there.

Flying is a huge advantage too, and might impact the size of your faction.

If you have any questions let me know, I don't see any reason for dwarves or any other race idea neccessarily not to work out with negotiation!

Bird species it is.

Bird species it is.

Glad you are narrowing your focus, but I still proclaim it doesn't need to be -- mineral wealth has already been located in small amounts (and dwarves would likely easily find more) and there are cliffs to the north where the Minotaurs are already trying their hands at mining (as evinced by a near complete disaster that would have wiped out their livestock) -- I'm just saying I speculated dwarves as the easier of the two to get into the game. Flying is a huge advantage... for point values it might make your faction quite small. Then again, a small group of flying recon raptors might just be what a fledgling hamlet needs! feel free to submit a part 1 application thru links above! thank you for interest!

-Beck

Zyelon Zyelon I believe we are looking for anywhere between 1-3 players depending on fit/how beckon feels. As far as I know, no one has 100% gone through the process yet and recruitment is still active.

The next 2-3 players have been selected, but I am still taking another one or two applications I am willing to flesh out as complete concepts because people always drop out (and sometimes they sink to the bottom of the ocean screaming) :D

Still taking one more player -- those already applying or interested in applying may PM me... some players don't survive the creation process because they decide what's required of a "detailed" RP is not what they had in mind. Them that want to bring it, put your hat in!

Still taking one more player -- those already applying or interested in applying may PM me... some players don't survive the creation process because they decide what's required of a "detailed" RP is not what they had in mind. Them that want to bring it, put your hat in!
Hello friend, are you still accepting one more challenger to your selection process?

I am ready to roll up my sleeves and whip out ye ol' pen and paper if you'll let me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back