• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Lost Continent: Flight from Muurdaan Season 3

Beckoncall

World-Weaver and servant to the most-holy PC
Supporter
The old world's grasping fingers have so far been averted by the colony. A new world is developing away from the prying eyes of the Muurdaan Empire. The Witch of Wispwood and the Mud-elves of the Horned one have finally been vanquished -- A new Capital building and great developments rise from the ruins of the ancient civilization of the old world.

High elves, Minotaurs, humans, dwarfs, Foxfolk and more have forged an unsteady alliance in their new purchase in a trackless wilderness. But a new wave of immigrants is coming -- will you be one of these new lords and ladies seeking a stake in the new world? Have you the courage to face the mysteries of the past and perils of the future? To rally the intrepid folk of this new land and tame it for civilization, riches and glory?

Stake your claim -- in LOST CONTINENT: Flight from Muurdaan!

Lost Continent is a nation builder where factions of fantasy races work together (and at times in competition) to build a colony in a new world. Each player will start with their own hero and a group of followers tailored to the game and their interests. This game has been going on for quite some time now, but it is regularly infused with new interested players.

If you are interested post here or PM me, Beckoncall -- GM of the game!

Feel free to also look at the older threads in the interest check. these have instructions for joining, maps, history and more!

I should go back through the thread and see who is still interested.

Submit a application part one or if you can't find it below in the interest check pm me and I'll send you one!!! Grammatic Grammatic

Last edited:
I should go back through the thread and see who is still interested.

Submit a application part one or if you can't find it below in the interest check pm me and I'll send you one!!!
Hey I'm just wondering what tech level is like and how big the 'nations' would be

Tech level is black-powder weapons and cannons tops, but these technologies are either relatively rare, tightly controlled, or in the hands of technological races like dwarfs and gnomes. Technology is far more generally of a fantasy flair with magic thrown in

The colony is roughly one thousand "people" of various races, maybe a bit more I haven't taken a census recently. A player is based on points -- so depending on your background factions are rarely more than 200 members large. The trick is paying and motivating other people around you to do what you want to accomplish, and if you gain influence along with other townsfolk or immigrants they may join you and your faction can grow.

I feel like I want to join this but I have no idea of the lore or anything and I feel like it's too long for someone to give me a synopsis. Beckoncall Beckoncall

Here's the synopsis -- Shireling Shireling

Most all of the world is controlled by one government - the eternal empire. You're either with them or under their heel. one of the only places they never conquered is a place called the lost continent -- where a government of powerful mage lords and their city-states kept the eternal empire at bay while they existed, and to defend themselves erected a magical barrier to keep the empire away. Nobody knows for sure what happened to them, but the barrier has recently been weakening (as a result of non-maintenance) and the civilization of the mage lords has seemingly fallen in the centuries since they cut contact.

The breach in the barrier will not allow heroes too powerful or armies too large to pass to the lost continent, but small faction ships have been able to pass unharmed. The surrounding territory is a mish-mash of colony settlement, ancient ruins, and the territories of indigenous races of varying degrees of hostility and hospitality to outsiders.

The wicked mud elves and their living god, the horned one -- were recently defeated by the colony, ending a long war between the mud elves and indigenous gnolls, and their more recent hostilities on the colony.

The ruins are full of restless spirits which colonists have been placating and laying to rest block by block and district by district, by force or by cleverness.

An overarching threat keeps surfacing however -- THE CULL -- uncertain exactly as to whatever the nature of the cull is, the colony has nonetheless seen warning and evidence that "the cull" annihilates the area of life on a semi-periodic basis. By the third spring in the new world, if the cull cannot be figured out and defeated -- it is fully expected to wipe out the colony. A distant second concern is indigenous races or the old world asserting control over the colony, and the survival of the first winter season which is upon the colony.

More than that you can figure out playing. :D

If I left out anything major Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon can share out as well. :)

Last edited:
Here's the synopsis -- Shireling Shireling

Most all of the world is controlled by one government - the eternal empire. You're either with them or under their heel. one of the only places they never conquered is a place called the lost continent -- where a government of powerful mage lords and their city-states kept the eternal empire at bay while they existed, and to defend themselves erected a magical barrier to keep the empire away. Nobody knows for sure what happened to them, but the barrier has recently been weakening (as a result of non-maintenance) and the civilization of the mage lords has seemingly fallen in the centuries since they cut contact.

The breach in the barrier will not allow heroes too powerful or armies too large to pass to the lost continent, but small faction ships have been able to pass unharmed. The surrounding territory is a mish-mash of colony settlement, ancient ruins, and the territories of indigenous races of varying degrees of hostility and hospitality to outsiders.

The wicked mud elves and their living god, the horned one -- were recently defeated by the colony, ending a long war between the mud elves and indigenous gnolls, and their more recent hostilities on the colony.

The ruins are full of restless spirits which colonists have been placating and laying to rest block by block and district by district, by force or by cleverness.

An overarching threat keeps surfacing however -- THE CULL -- uncertain exactly as to whatever the nature of the cull is, the colony has nonetheless seen warning and evidence that "the cull" annihilates the area of life on a semi-periodic basis. By the third spring in the new world, if the cull cannot be figured out and defeated -- it is fully expected to wipe out the colony. A distant second concern is indigenous races or the old world asserting control over the colony, and the survival of the first winter season which is upon the colony.

More than that you can figure out playing. :D

If I left out anything major Heyitsjiwon Heyitsjiwon can share out as well. :)
Sounds awesome. I was thinking about a race of hardy, pious farmers fleeing to the Lost Continent for religious freedom (so basically fantasy pilgrims).

Sounds awesome. I was thinking about a race of hardy, pious farmers fleeing to the Lost Continent for religious freedom (so basically fantasy pilgrims).

Submit an application following directions in the other threads in the interest check or PM me and I'll send you a link.

(the application rounds out your faction and gets you an army list of workers and/or soldiers you can bring along with your leader)

WOOOO MORE CANNON FODD.... I mean yay, new friends!

In all seriousness, welcome aboard! I am one of the players in the RP, the Attoians. A group of humans with close ties to the Empire. If you need any info, then I'll be glad to help!

Also, there have been numerous past factions and players, but as far as I know only me and 1 other person are still around.

Me - Attolians:
A human faction from the Kingdom of Attolia. The Kingdom has historically been close allies with the Empire since their beginnings and the Attolian royal family has numerous political marriages to solidify this tie. While the Empire is rather... direct and brutish in their conquests, the Kingdom is a hub of trade and culture. Instead of spending fortunes on war, the Kingdom simply provided some support to the Empire in its wars and spent its time and money domestically. While, the Attolians contribute minimally to military campaigns, Attolian standards are often found after the war is over in the form of caravans coming to help rebuild the ruins and exercise careful governance and diplomacy to restore war torn regions.

Thus, the Empire is typically the steel gauntlet while the Attolians are the silk glove.

My specific faction, however, is the heir to the cadet branch of the Attolian Royal family, House Wolff. House Wolff was historically used to enforce peace with conquered lands through political marriages. Thus, their power has slowly been chipped away and are now the lords of a minor fief, mostly only having an honorary title with little power compared to the other major houses.

The Attolians are one of the older factions left and have served as the bedrock of law, and justice in the Colony. The Attolian wheat and barley fields are also very vast and serve as the breadbasket of the colony... food was a concern for a while. It should be of note that several... demigods/spirits have been met, but the Attolians have a seer who has turned into the oracle of a blood titan. Several factions see this titan as a demon or foul being due to blood magic typically being used for evil purposes, but the Attolians judge on how power is used.

Bobisdead - The Finecians:
A group of fennec fox anthros who are well known for their... cunning. Intelligent, but sneaky people, Bob's faction is actually a crimimal organization (which is not fully known... although they have been convicted of a several crimes such as theft of firearms, and murder of two humans who happened to be a part of a rival criminal organization). They were exiled away from the main colony have set up shop at the ruins of an old quarry. They are known to be brewing alcohol and exotic drugs.

Last edited:
It all sounds promising. I'd love a little more detail on the colony - how it's managed and how its laws/rules are enforced. As well as a list and blurb (brief description) of active players & their factions.

Hmm, there is a newly found Colonial Government that recently founded a Constitution. This government consists of several of the older factions. However, most of the players seem to be gone and I am the only active member of the government. It is largely based on Attolian law with High Elf, Tyren (nomadic minotaurs), and Victorian (religious, templar human faction) influences (the founding members).

This government is the central body dealing with legal issues. It has been taking the form of a tribunal with each government member having say.

Also, the only active factions were mentioned in the post above. For more info, see the nation sheets. It seems like only me and bobisdead is still around.

Law and criminal activity are both aspects of the game. In particular mechanically one regulates and mitigates the other. Crime occurs in the colony, but it is the presence of constables and rule of law that limit the toxicity of lawlessness in the community. In the beginning, There was quite a bit of lawlessness and even bloodshed between rival criminal interests.

One could argue that the crime rate is down considerably, but the vices of the people are still met by personages (or factions) walking or skirting the lines of that rule of law. The Fennec are exemplary of this.

Will the older (non-active) governing factions be NPCed from this point on? Also, constables were mentioned as peace officers, which faction(s) do they come from?

I have a fantasy civilization already cooked up for a previous nation builder that never launched, I could easily scale it down for this. Beckoncall Beckoncall I might just pm you my notes on them so you can tell if they'll likely work or not after a glance. Then I'll convert them into an actual application when/if you give me the nod. Sound ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back