• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
He thinks he's finished with what he needs to do so now he finds a spot on the deck to sit and takes out his shortsword, all beaten up and dulled. He sighs. "This won't do at all. I can't cut through human flesh with this!" So he grabs his sharpening stone and prepares to be sitting there for a while to sharpen the edge. It makes a "shing!" sound each time the blade is moved along the surface, bringing fond memories of Maxwell's first attempts at smithing way back.
Shana walks up to Maxwell, "It's not human flesh it needs to cut though nomally. Humans and some other civilized races are usually cowed well enough by simply being shown steel. You need to worry more about those who are not and 7 times out of 10, those have thicker skin. The exception being you and I. Our reaction to being shown steel is different..."

Last edited:
Maxwell continues sharpening his blade, meeting the eyes of the talker. "You're right, I never really was good with words." He regards her carefully while keeping his movements slow and steady. "We see steel and take it as a challenge to be won at any cost. As good as one is with a blade there's always someone better."

caecgirl caecgirl

Shana: "I see your steel. I see how you care for it. It is not just a tool to you. It is an extension of your will, but I have you at a disadvantage. It's only fair that you see my steel." She pulls a katana from its scabbard. "This is Rita. She has been at my side for a long time."

(If there is sunlight) As she draws the blade, the steel casts a ray of light across his eyes. Rita... It is a beautiful weapon, rarely has he seen such good work before. "Oh... My... Word..." The sheath is relatively plain, but the steel is decorated in a very fine, intricate pattern by the hands of a master. He hears the blade sing as it is revealed, and is certain that it sings while in combat as well. "Rita is beautiful. My steel feels... Underdressed, shall we say?" He laughs lightly, having finished sharpening his sword and puts the sharpening stone away.

(there is sunlight) "Thank you, I try to take care of her. erm... underdressed? no, i'm not sure I know what you mean..."

Damn! That sounded better in my head... He itches a scratch on his head, hair blowing in the breeze. "Uh... Good point, I'm not sure either... Hehehe..." Nervous laughs. Maxwell stands up and watches the sea. "I never thought I'd have the opportunity to ride a ship like this. It's almost unreal..."

(Perception has +5 on my sheet)

Last edited:
Varith walked upon onto the deck and looked about some, glad to be out of his room which he had locked after doing a few more supply checks and looking in on the crew. It was good to be traveling again after a stint in the last port. He could only do so much for those hapless souls crossing the strange forces in the world in one spot. This ship showed some promise, though he did check the curious wand at his belt along with his pouches for a moment. The ocean held many strange things to be wary of and he had stocked up on his esoterica before joining the ship.

"At least the sun is out, that usually discourages some trouble," He mutters and casts his gaze about again.
(rolled 13)

Daris stopped what he was doing and pulled out his former captains rapier. He walked to the main deck and stood ready for the coming fight.

"Oh bugger." Varith rests his hand on his cane with a dour expression as his hand moves towards the wand he kept easily accessible. He pulls it free and hefts it with a thoughtful expression.

"Really didn't want to use this, but oh well." He looks out at the flags and considers if he knows that particular jolly roger the ships were flying.

(im just gonna move on) The ship is flying a flag with a red saber dripping blood. Those well versed in pirate lore knows this to be the sigil of the crimson pirates known to be the most blood-thirsty and never successfully negotiated with. They wear matching red breeches and all shirtless. Their chests are decorated by scars, both from battle and self inflicted.

Daris kept his eyes on the pirates moving slowly like a predator waiting to strike deciding which pirate would go down first.

Maxwell hears the alarm for the pirates and then he hears the pirates making noise, clearly an attempt to intimidate. He springs up from his sitting position and places a hand on the hilt of his blade, prepared to draw and fight when the pirates decide to board. "Finally! Humans who won't cower away from my blade!" He has a wild grin, almost like the pirates who are threatening to board the ship.

The first pirates to board are a particularely menacing pirate flanked by two others.

68c59bbb0a466bb7eba56a329fa127c5.jpg85f8fcaf4e057aac4c3e7459d4828027.jpg85f8fcaf4e057aac4c3e7459d4828027.jpg

Shana stands behind Maxwell and Daris and looks to be casting a spell.

Initiatives:
Shana 4+3=7
menacing pirate 15+3=18
others 15+2=17

Last edited:
The menacing pirate runs up to Daris and points his sword at him (hunt prey) before attacking. He misses but Daris is still marked.

A pirate makes s similar motion with his sword (bodyguard defence). target: Maxwell.

A pirate runs at Daris and attacks. He misses.

Last edited:
Daris side steps the pirates and brings his blade up for an attack. He quickly moves to the menacing pirates side before turning on his heels and striking the man's other side. He misses his mark and moves backwards.

Shana hits the menacing pirate with lightning and it arcs to pirate A. However, it doesn't affect pirate a. menacing pirate takes 6 damage. maxwell's turn.

He readies his rapier, shouting "EN GARDE!" and approaches the pirate closest to himself. His fencing lessons in the past have paid off, and he attacks the pirate, his rapier moving almost too fast to see with the human eye. The pirate struggles to keep up and loses three life.

you deal 3 dmg to the mencing pirate; pirates' turn: the menacing pirate is cunning enough to know when to wait out his prey. This is that time. For now, he attacks Maxwell with his long sword. Maxwell takes 8 damage.

pirate A runs up to Maxwell swings his greatclub at him. The attack misses...and the backswing misses.

pirate b moves behind Maxwell, flanking him with the menacing pirate and attacks with a sap...and misses.

Last edited:
Daris moves feingting left to strike Pirate A. As the pirate fell for the trick Daris tried to strike his other side only to miss completely

Shana casts the same spell again targeting the same 2...lightning lashes out at the menacing pirate for 4 damage then it arcs over to pirate a but he dodges.

the menacing pirate draws his longbow and fires at his marked prey, Maxwell. Maxwell manages dodge the first strike but not the second. Maxwell takes 2 dmg.

pirate a attacks maxwell with a greatclub...hits for...ouch 14 dmg (rolled a 10).

pirate b takes a 5 foot step behind jag and attacks him with a greatclub for 5 damage.

Daris feels pressure as pirate B slammed his club into his back. Quickly turning around Daris plunged the rapier into Pirate B's stomach for 7 before moving out of the man's reach

Users who are viewing this thread

Back