• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Lost Angels [Interest Check]

Galahad

The Knight of Camelot
The stars had offered humanity a number of opportunities. To seek knowledge, to seek intelligent life, adventure and most importantly, new worlds to become humanity's new sanctuary for survival. By 2070, the world's most brilliant minds had come together and developed the Void Core that allows ships to travel great distances in short periods. With this new invention, humanity began to colonize the nearest solar systems to our own. Thus, beginning our first step in establishing a widespread galactic civilization.

By 2100, the Void Cores have been developed throughout the thirty years of humanity's expansion across the stars. The Cores have been vastly improved over its initial model, now allowing for faster than light travel. This, once again presents an opportunity for human civilization to reach out further systems - to expand outwards into the unknown.

2190, a galactic organization was founded to keep peace and order across all colonized systems. The Allied Systems was established with Earth as its capital. By 2200, it has been said that only 40% of the Milky Way galaxy has been colonized with some worlds have been developed to match Earth's own reputation as an advanced planet.

A hundred years passed and humanity had established a solid foothold in the galaxy, standing out as the sole species that dominated the Milky Way. Yet, as the galactic "empire" grew, Earth's hold on the outer colonies weakened. Horrible decisions were made, each affects the lives of those who resided in the Outer Worlds. In 2280, the Allied Systems began to rule the Outer Worlds with an iron fist, implementing reforms that favored those who lived within the Inner Circle. As such, the seeds of hatred between the people of the Outer Worlds grew and blossomed.

In 2300, by the time the Outer Worlds grew more distant and effectively independent due to the lack of support received from the Inner Circle, they gradually grew more stronger and even formed secret alliances between the systems that were oppressed by the Inner Circle. It was freedom that binds them together and it was freedom that would become their sole reason to stand up against the oppressors.

front_mission_satellite_rain_by_ukitakumuki-d33fwtn.jpg

No one knew who started the war Splinter Wars. Was it the newly formed Alliance of the Outworlds or was it the Order of the Inner Circle? No one knows for sure but it was certain that this is the bloodiest war that humanity has ever experienced. Many worlds were bombarded from orbit, large areas were filled with the wreckage of ships and men, cities were burnt to the ground and yet, the fight goes on.

Setting
You will play as a recruit in the Splinter Wars, fighting for the Alliance of the Outer Worlds in order to secure freedom from the oppressive rule of the Inner Circle. Fight your way up through the ranks, make choices that would determine the future of the story and last but not least, your character might be vital in certain situations. Your choices matter.

You will play in the final years of the Splinter Wars as it has been 13 years since the conflict began. Signing up in the military and will be trained for a brief period of time before experiencing your first battle.

Other Information
There are a few notable branches of the military, one of which is the Herculean Corps, an elite special unit that would be the rapid reaction force used by the Alliance to combat the Order. They are usually deployed behind enemy lines and much of their training dates back to Earth's first global joint special forces unit in 2060 named the Special Counterattack Regiment (SCAR) that utilizes many of the same aspects as the British SAS, US Navy Seals and so forth. As such, they were used to great efficiency when dealing with threats that not the Allied Legions can handle as well as domestic threats within Outworld space.

The second is the aforementioned Allied Legions that makes up the backbone of the Outworld military. Although not as organized as their Inner Circle counterpart, they make it up for their technological prowess and elite forces. There are more than two hundred legions as of the current date and some of which have risen to a near-legendary status such as the Ninth Draconic Legion who single handedly drove back an entire Order fleet out from Typhos' airspace. They utilized heavy weaponry such as mech units, hover tanks, energy weapons and even jump packs while developing weapons on their own.

Last but not least is the famed Perseus Regiment. Although much more smaller than the two, the regiment is by far the most elite branch in Allied military. Its recruit were chosen from existing branches and were trained in harsh conditions such as surviving for a period of time in the cold regions of Fenris with little supplies or hunt down dangerous native beasts with nothing more than a pistol and a knife. They were given advanced tech solely develop for the regiment, such as the Aegis armor that provides better protection while having passive regenerating abilities to heal non-lethal wounds as well as enhancing their strength, speed and agility. The Aegis armor provides other functions as well such as cloak, total invulnerability for a short time although these additional abilities depends on the model.

I guess that's all for now. I wish you guys enjoy what I've put up so far and interests you. This was my attempt at tackling the sci-fi genre because I rarely done it. The only time I did it is when I run one on Facebook but it sadly ended way too early in the story.

Hope you enjoy and let me know if there's anything you needed. Ask me if there's stuff needed to be answered. :D

I'm definitely interested, Science Fiction is one of my favorite genres and this preview certainly shows promise. However, I have a few questions in relation to how we should construct our character.

I understand that they're supposed to be new recruits from the Outer World, which seems like adventuring-space-pioneers versus the oppressive Inner Force Government, but what specific types of technology would be available to them in exterior planets along the Outer World? Are there certain resources unique to each planet which can be traded with other Outer World planets, to create true independence from Inner World commerce? Or would they still require trade markets in some way? If so, would they try to remain on somewhat good terms with Inner World politicians and merchants, or would they result to piracy tactics?

Those questions may seem disconnected from my point of inquiry towards character construction, but I'm just trying to get a grasp on whether a character of mine would tend to be more roguish and angry at the Inner World, or whether it would be reasonable to have some feelings of indecision towards attacking fellow humans.

Also, just to confirm, technology would be focused on more than any potential supernatural powers or forces, right? So would people suddenly developing pyrokinetic powers be expected, or not? I mean, I guess you could also try to use science to create those, but I just want to confirm whether that's even a possibility or not.

Yes, there are unique resources found only in a few systems in the Outer Worlds. One of which is the newly discovered Chrysellian Steel which provides better protection from energy weapons than the normal steel. Other than that, the Outer World's development rate is much more rapid. Meaning that their planets can actually become worlds that would match the status of Earth's prosperity in just the span of a few decades.

In terms of tech however, Outworld's armies are heavily based on ballistic weapons and less on energy weapons like the usual plasma rifle. However, during the war they have developed powerful weapons such as the Spear of Longinus which is essentially a railgun designed for mech units that would launch large spear-like projectiles at a supersonic speed (refer to Gundam IBO's Dainslef, if you will). Other than that, their tech is mostly similar to the Inner Circle with modifications here and there.

Also, no supernatural stuff. Just focus more on tech battle.

I hope that answered your questions! :D

Yes, there are unique resources found only in a few systems in the Outer Worlds. One of which is the newly discovered Chrysellian Steel which provides better protection from energy weapons than the normal steel. Other than that, the Outer World's development rate is much more rapid. Meaning that their planets can actually become worlds that would match the status of Earth's prosperity in just the span of a few decades.

In terms of tech however, Outworld's armies are heavily based on ballistic weapons and less on energy weapons like the usual plasma rifle. However, during the war they have developed powerful weapons such as the Spear of Longinus which is essentially a railgun designed for mech units that would launch large spear-like projectiles at a supersonic speed (refer to Gundam IBO's Dainslef, if you will). Other than that, their tech is mostly similar to the Inner Circle with modifications here and there.

Also, no supernatural stuff. Just focus more on tech battle.

I hope that answered your questions! :D
Thank you, that did answer the main gist of my queries. I was also wondering about resources like energy, food, and water; since they are both useful for military power, and my usual Science Fiction character is given the background of working on some sort of planetary farm. I'll change that backstory if need be, but first I want to discover if it will still apply to this story.

The Spear of Longinus sounds both crafty and effective, which is perfect as a weapon for the rebellious Outworld. However, since they seem to rely more on ballistic weapons and modified versions of Inner Circle technology, it's probably safe to say they have better defensive than offensive capabilities...which is also quite fascinating.

And just one more question, which may wander into spoiler territory; who is exactly stopping Outworld forces from caving into anarchy? Is there some sort of policing force independent of Inner World relaying discipline, or is that the Outworld army's job alone? And how did they get experienced military assistance if they were originally just pioneering humans on the exterior rim of populated planets?

I hope all these questions and comments aren't annoying you, I tend to get overly excited about roleplays that intrigue me. Can't wait for this to start!

There is a "police force" which is formed after the war began. The AOW (the Alliance of the Outworlds) had formed the Interstellar Law Enforcement Regiments to keep the populace in check. Initially, most of its personnel were derived from the existing military of the Inner Circle before the Outer Worlds formally defected. Much of its former military assets were then transformed into the Herculean Corps to assist the Allied Legions in their efforts to liberate Outworld space.

There are quite a significant number of former Inner Circle personnel that defected to the Outworld's cause right before the war began. Some even thought that this is was one of the reasons why the conflict began in the first place. Decorated war heroes and veterans were valuable assets in training the new recruits on various different planets and systems as their skills varied from being able to pilot one of the War Gods (the Outworlds' name for the mechanized units) to an extremely skilled soldier on the field.

There is a "police force" which is formed after the war began. The AOW (the Alliance of the Outworlds) had formed the Interstellar Law Enforcement Regiments to keep the populace in check. Initially, most of its personnel were derived from the existing military of the Inner Circle before the Outer Worlds formally defected. Much of its former military assets were then transformed into the Herculean Corps to assist the Allied Legions in their efforts to liberate Outworld space.

There are quite a significant number of former Inner Circle personnel that defected to the Outworld's cause right before the war began. Some even thought that this is was one of the reasons why the conflict began in the first place. Decorated war heroes and veterans were valuable assets in training the new recruits on various different planets and systems as their skills varied from being able to pilot one of the War Gods (the Outworlds' name for the mechanized units) to an extremely skilled soldier on the field.
Ooh, that historical aspect is so cool. The value given to those war veterans certainly shows that human talent and life are still valid, which is always an interesting aspect to retain in a war setting.

Well, you've answered all my questions now! I suppose I'll just have to wait with bated breath for when this begins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back