Losa: Land of Shadows & Aberrations

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Why thank you, good sir! That is very kind of you,” Arthimus says in response to Dimitri’s offer. ”From a former business owner to another, I would never intentionally cause trouble.” The warforged pauses her, as if something is meant to happen, like a smile. It doesn’t; his face plate only has one set expression.

He turns around to observe the lady who stomps down the stairs. Arthimus scrapes his throat; it sounds a bit like metal scraping over metal. “That seems very unfortunate. Did you get insurance on your booking? You always should get insurance. Maybe there is another room where you could stay, or our attic. Though I fear it might look like a cold mess too!”

The girl raises her eyebrow at you all and taps her foot as she listens to a couple of you. She rolls her eyes at insurance, and sighs. "Look, just stop all the blood and goo from leaking, and fix the floor in the attic that you caused. There's no where else for me to go, and I'm not going to stay in your dark attic. I don't want to have any more trouble with you all living above me, you hear?" She turns and stomps back up the stairs without waiting for a response.

Dimitri gives a small chuckle as she leaves. "Don't mind Missy, she doesn't get out much. In fact she doesn't leave the Inn. You could say she was attached to this place, it's why she values the state of her room so highly. Just keep the attic nice and she shouldn't bother you, hopefully." He checks his watch briefly, then clicks it back and puts it in his pocket. You can make a guess that this is the only way to tell time here, if it's always so dark. "Well anyways, sorry about all the furniture being mimics, guess that means you have nothing to sleep on up there. You guys have bedrolls you can sleep in right? You should get some rest for tomorrow."

Sid'nee looked over to the young woman as they went back up the stairs before turning her attention back to Dimitri as she slowly drank her fosters, savouring the beer as opposed to just chugging it. The way she saw it, she'd almost died. There was no beating around that bush, if she'd been on her own, Sid'nee knew that the spider abomination alone would have been able to end her. It had given her a pretty good wallop. Judging by the way that Arthimus was dropping broken pieces of themselves everywhere she wasn't the only one.

"Guess we should toss the organics out the window then bed in for the night, mates." said Sid'nee as she finished off her drink and looked over to Arthimus, "Ey mate, you alright? You seem a bit - erm, coming apart?"

“I am afraid I am not capable of doing that!” Arthimus announces to the young girl, quite cheerfully despite his admitted inability to fix the mess they have created. The warforged watches as she trudges back up the stairs. “Quite a spoiled young lady, isn’t she? My Cecilia, she is just the sweetest girl, she would never be like that. Her mother and I didn’t raise her that way!”

The warforged turned to Sid’nee as she addresses him. “I am fine! Yes, I am falling apart at the scenes, but that appears to be my general state of being. Only a temporary problem, I assure you!“ Arthimus holds up his hand to demonstrate he is fine; several loose bits of metal come tumbling out, apparently shaken loose during the fight. He bends down to pick them up; a bolt shoots out of his knee.

Eventually he appears to have gathered all his loose bits and straightens up. The warforged puts his hands on his hips. “Well then, should we get ready for bed then? I need to hurry up, so I can tell my daughter her bedtime story!”

Sid'nee looked to Arthimus with a sceptical look that also seemed to have concern behind it as well. She raised an eyebrow as Arthimus' attempt to show her he was fine resulted in more pieces of metal falling out. "If you're sure," said Sid'ness, though she kept thinking of the problem.

'If Arthimus is falling apart, maybe some sort of sleeve or something would help keep him if not together then make sure anything that fell loose stayed within him.'

"You know," said Sid'nee with a grin, "I may just have a way to help you out, mate. But it's something we'd have to do up in the attic, 'cause I'd need room to work."

”Hmm. Well. Ah.” Arthimus tilts his head and studies the drow lady before him. “You do not strike me as an artificer! But I suppose the strangest problems come from the most unexpected solutions sometimes!” The warforged does not appear to find anything wrong with his words. Perhaps if he had a face to smile with, he might’ve.

”I am good heading up the stairs, I do not believe I need anything else down here.” Arthimus never cared much about the barkeep’s connection to the fight anyway. He turns to the man now, and he bows with an elaborate flourish of his hand that definitely rattles stuff. “I bid you ad-you good sir!” the warforged tells him before marching up the stairs.

Nodding to the rest of the group, Sid'nee finished off her drink before heading up with Arthimus. Once they were back in the attic, Sid'nee shoved the spider abomination out of the way closer to the already broken window so she'd have room to work. "Okay mate, this might be a bit - strange." said Sid'nee, unsure how to begin explaining what she was going to attempt. "See, I have some abilities from a - well, she calls herself a queen but she's really more of a deity." Sid'nee said as she went to sit on one of the boxes in the attic then thought better of it. "Remember how one of the others transformed me into a giant ape? I can do something similar willingly once a day, but its always a giant spider." Sid'nee smirked, "Yeah, go figure right? Anyway, what I'm thinking is, as a spider I could fashion some sort of clothing around you that would hold your bits in you mate. So they won't go flying every which way." Sid'nee shrugged, "Just a temporary thing if you want, til we find a better solution. What'd you think?"

Arthimus is already getting ready to settle in for the night; the warforged is rummaging in his back his back to unearth a stone, seemingly already having forgotten that Sid’nee had offered to help him. He straightens up with a creak of his steel spine. “Right, yes, I do remember that!” Arthimus offers, perhaps a little bit too enthusiastically. “Well, that would be a splendiferous thing of you to do! Quite strange, but it makes for a good story.” He holds up the stone demonstratively. It has a little face carved into it, its mouth and ears carved around two holes. “Until I get myself fixed, that does sound like the left course of action!”

With a grin, Sid'nee nodded, pulling off the pouched that contained Steve and Naqshar and placing them on the floor then closing her eyes. Letting the familiar magic wash over her until she had the sensation that had long since stopped feeling strange to her of having more eyes and more legs. Opening her eyes, all eight of them, Sid'nee skittered over to Arthimus and delicately started wrapping his torso first with her webbing. The webbing wasn't on as tight as it could possibly go, and every so often Sid'nee stopped to stretch the webbing a little with one spindly spider leg.

Once Arthimus' torso was wrapped, Sid'nee moved onto his legs, making first one leg then the other, just as delicately as she'd wrapped his torso. Stopping at the knees and ankles, Sid'nee seemed to test the webbing right over the joints repeatedly until she was finally happy with how the webbing would hold up, not stiffening Arthimus' movements and not being so loose as to be a liability. Then the same with Arthimus' hands, Sid'nee worked from the shoulders down, ending at the wrists. Finally, Sid'nee wrapped Arthimus' hands, making sure each finger would be able to move without interference, as if Arthimus wasn't wearing gloves.

With her work finished, Sid'nee skittered back a bit, then closed her eyes, reversing the transformation. It felt wasteful, but after the encounter they'd had, Sid'nee didn't want to risk her new friends coming up and mistaking her for a creature. "How's that?" asked Sid'nee as she resecured her pouches back on her belt.

Arthimus holds as still as he can when Sid’nee wraps him in webbing. He sways a little here and there, his gyroscope a little out of wack after the fight. He watches as Sid’nee works, turning his head minutely as she moves around him. Eventually he pauses, and pats the gaping hole in his chest piece. It’s covered by webbing now, and somehow that makes him feel a little more secure.

After a moment he raises his hand and carefully gives the drow a thumbs up. “As good as new!” he tells her, despite the fact that his body most likely did not come new in spider web wrapping. “I thank you hardily, miss Sid’nee. Now, if you excuse me, I have something very important to do.”

The warforged turns on his heel and heads for one of the corners of the room. He cradles the little stone from before close to his face before he starts speaking into it, his voice as quiet as possible. “My dearest Cecilia, how are you doing? Today has been a strange day indeed! I woke up in a very strange land, but—“ The rest of his words devolve into quiet, mechanical mumbling.

Watching the other two move upstairs, drones holds his silence. Unsure what to really make of the recent developments. The girl seems weird, while the Dimitri seems more genuine. Though now thinking about his new current situation, "A place like this, I have no need... Maybe..." Muttering to himself.

Moving up to the bar, he a takes a moment to examine some of the cleaning work done before directing his attention towards Dimitri. "Time we spend we here, unsure. Not after stalking and attack. But, I have a need."
Pulling up his bag, he slides it onto the table. "Specific sets of interest, and to know whether or not I can get some help, here in town. Though flesh does not like my interest often. Secret, me you and my party."
Pulling open his bag, he pulls out vial of poison, before pulling out 2 more. Leading to 3 vials of poison on the bar. Arranging the vial in a nice row, he then pulls out a vial of antitoxin and an empty vial, sliding them off to the side. "Poison, know someone can help?"

Dimitri examines the vials of poison for a bit, even taking one off of the counter and shaking it around before placing it back in the neat row Drone made. He scratches his beard for a moment before he responds. "Depends on what type of poison you're after. Basic poison can easily be found at the store in town, but if you're looking for specialty poisons that's a bit different. The poisons of some monsters can be collected and bottled, but you would have a hard time finding that in a shop. Unless you were to track down an assassin who would rather give it to you instead of sticking a knife in your throat coated with the stuff, your best bet would be just to find it and bottle it yourself."

Watching Dimitri settle down the vial, Drones looks over it for a moments before slightly adjusting the vial's rotation and position. With another careful loo0k over, he turns his gaze back to Dimitri.
"Information well appreciated. No speciality, is fine."
Pushing the bag closer, he slowly starts to take one vial at a time and place them in the bag. "I don't buy poison, these hands take, claws and body of beast, for the poison."
Pacing the last vial carefully in his bag, he motions towards his chest. "Assassins no fear, I fight."
Pulling his backpack over his shoulder, he looks at the others in room, "Rest now, more talk?"

Satisfied with a job well done as Arthimus started casting some arcane magic, Sid'nee found somewhere away from the window but with a dark corner where she could curl up and drift off into the stateless meditation that was how Drow passed the time when they like other elves settled down for the night. With Dimitri coming back up the stairs, Sid'nee called out from the dark, "Rest, then talk. Sounds good, mate." With a slight hiccup, Sid'nee reached for her belt of pouches and gently brought out both Steve and Naqshar, setting both on her lap as she sat cross legged on the ground in what she'd adopted as her little dark corner of the attic.

"You two alright?" asked Sid'nee to both Steve and Naqshar in a quiet voice, "Going to be resting for a bit now. See you both in the morning." With that, Sid'nee closed her eyes and drifted into a tranquil state, letting her animal friends do what they pleased, which in Steve's case meant wriggling his way into her hand and curling up in a small ball.

The night passes peacefully, but when everyone wakes up they see that the only thing that has changed in the sky is that the stars have come out, casting everything not lit by torchlight in a dim grey. When people come down the stairs into the taproom they see Dimitri still doing stuff behind the bar, as if he hadn't slept at all. He looks up at smiles at everyone as soon as he sees them. "Looks like everyone rested well. It should be safe to go wandering around town now, if you wanted to anyways. If you're looking for any type of work I might have something available, but it will take you out of town a fair ways, so make sure you're truly ready. I wouldn't be surprised if you found work around town as well, so no rush." Once he felt satisfied with his explanation he went back to stocking stuff behind the bar.

Arthimus settles down in a corner after he finishes recounting the day’s peculiar events to the stone. He cradles it in the palm of his hand as the glow of his eyes dim. He spends the night like that; dim, teetering between active and inactive and with his back against the wall like a particularly large, scrappy doll.

It’s only after a few hours that a shudder goes through his frame. He shakes his head a little as if to shake off the effects of whatever slumber he fell into. “Good morning, or whatever time of day it is!” he offers cheerfuly. If he is perturbed by the lack of sunlight, he doesn’t let it on.

Instead the warforged clanks down the stairs to the taproom. Sid’nee‘s webs seem to hold; for once he doesn’t leave a trail of nuts and bolts behind, though the webbing might pose a funny sight. ”Good morning, or whatever time of day it is!” he repeats cheerfully to Dimitri. If he held any animosity for the bartender at all over the attic debacle, it seems to have faded with the hours. “What kind of work are you talking about? A good day of honey-est work never hurts to set a good example!“

Coming back into consciousness from the vacant blank void that was where her mind seemed to go when she sat and meditated for hours on end, Sid'nee did what she had become accustomed to doing after coming around - check on her animals. Steve was more than content to just stubbornly stay asleep, though holding him, Sid'nee could feel the way he was breathing so she knew the mouse was still alive. Unclipping Naqshar's pouch from her belt, Sid'nee undid the clasp on the top. She wasn't too surprised that Naqshar seemed to have adorned her new home with a thick amount of webbing.

"Morning Naqshar," said Sid'nee in a manner in which the spider could understand, "did you rest well?"

With a glance around the room, Sid'nee noticed that Arthimus wasn't in the attic. Heading down to the tavern with a yawn, Sid'nee saw Dmitri behind the bar and Arthimus stood by the bar.

"G'day," said Sid'nee cheerfully. Hopping up onto one of the barstools, Sid'nee looked at the bottles behind the bar, "Got anything cold that's not very alcoholic to help me wake up, mate?"

Turning to Arthimus, Sid'nee gave him a smile, "Sleep well?" asked Sid'nee, unsure if what a machine did was 'sleep' but it was the closest thing she had to a frame of reference, "What's honey-est work mean?"

Finding his own corner, Drone momentarily looks over at the other warforge before dropping to a stable position on the floor and resting out the night there. Letting his heavier side rest on the floor.

As the time past, he watchs as two of his new found allies head out. "Friends? Allies? Companions? What doesn't know." Mutting to himself.
Standing back up, he a does a quick mental checklist of all his belongings. "Shield, vials, backpack. Oh, stone. Check."

Moving downstairs to where the other two are and Dimitri, he walks over to the bar in his limping fashion resting his side on the bar while standing. "Those who sleep, sleep well. I hope. Stationery rest, relaxing." Looking over the bar, he thinks for a moment before directing his attention to Dimitri. "Want drink, surprise. Exploration of taste, substance matter not. Honest work? I help."

Sid'nee leaned on the bar slightly as she heard Dimitri's voice call out. "G'day mate," said the Drow with a smile on her face. From the absence of sunlight out the window, Sid'nee figured she'd be able to help out with whatever job Dimitri had in mind without worrying about getting blinded by strong light. Finishing off breakfast quickly, Sid'nee left a small amount behind. Pulling one of the pouches off her belt, Sid'nee set it on the plate and opened the top of it. Smelling the scent of food, Steve slowly crept out of the pouch, a small white furred mouse. Taking up the bits of breakfast that Sid'nee hadn't finished, Steve started nibbling on some of it as he looked up at the group with small but gentle eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back