• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Book Lores and Legends

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf Rawrrr

Wolf-Knight
Supporter
Lores and Legends

The Spectral Council

Many questioned the true nature behind the rising of the kingdom of Asgard. Now the beliefs that its line of kings was guided by an invisible hand have been confirmed. This hand turned out to be a host of spirits called the Spectral Council. As it turned out, these specters have been present at least from the time when Asgard was founded, and have been actively advising its kings ever since, thus influencing some of the greatest events in world history.

The Council had been plotting against the Sorceress for a long time, but has only openly acted when she drew closer to finding the Amaranth. Assembling the Chosen to stand against her was their one last desperate act to save the world from destruction. Though mostly assuming a stoic role, the specters themselves are seemingly not without power. They bestowed some of it upon their Chosen, and beside that they seem interestingly well-acquainted with things that take place throughout all of the huge kingdom.

The Winged Wolf
One of the youngest legends in Asgard revolves around the creature known as the Winged Wolf. Appearing as a great, white or grey wolf with wings, it was first sighted in the Great War during the battle of the Fangír Plains, commonly known as the Great Defeat, where it circled down from the peaks of the Fangír Mountains and over the raging battlefield. Originally confused with a gryphon, the Winged Wolf's appearance was taken as an omen of war and ill fate, since its arrival marked the point after which the war had gone terribly wrong for Asgard. Consequently, the creature made a second confirmed appearance later on in the skies above Darkvale, following another major defeat of the Royal Army. It was seen for the third and final time during the siege of Alicante, when the capital fell to the Sorceress' demonic legions, solidifying its reputation as Ilhirel's herald of war and destruction. Discounting occasional individual reports and rumors, the Winged Wolf has not been seen since the war ended.

Rock Isle

Located just a mile off the coastline of the city of Ridge, Southern Hyerim, Rock Isle is really just barely more than a rock in the sea, unremarkable save for the ghastly rumors that surround it.

Supposedly, the isle is haunted by ghosts of those who died at sea, and sailors from Ridge often claim to have witnessed dancing spirits and wisps of light in the night, or heard wailing voices through the fog. Some believe the place to be a rift in the Veil that separates the real world from the Shadow Realm, and thus brand it extremely dangerous. There is nothing on the isle save for ruins of what was once a small tower for an unknown purpose. Occasional wanderers eager to test the rumors sometimes travel to the isle, but only few return and those are never the same.

The Shallow Song
"The Shallow Song" is a very popular chant among sailors as well as people living along the coast of the Shallow Sea. The song is about the differences between the Shallow Sea and other seas, as well as about the sailors who spend their whole lives comitted to sailing it until they finally pass away, all under the watchful eye of the gods to which they pray. While the original may have been somewhat different, this is how it is remembered by most:

Hey-ho away I'm sailin'
Hey-ho away I'm sailin'
Hey-ho away I'm sailin'
Far from the horizon!

No endless blue, no depths unseen
No waves on high, no murky sheen,
Hay-ho the treasure lost,
Hay-ho the Shallow Sea,
Pray to God my life to keep
And save me from the deep!

Hey-ho away I'm sailin'
Hey-ho away I'm sailin'