Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeletonjack

the chaos to balance order

ONE

~

It all began with a girl. She was no extraordinary girl. She could have been you or me except the only thing that made her special was that she was Eve's first daughter. Her name: Pandora. After brother shed brother's blood, the girl named Pandora ran into the tundra wilderness for grief where she met a serpent. The same Serpent, in fact, that had tempted her mother. 

"Cheer up, girl," said the snake in it's sibilant tongue. "All is not lost. This box here contains all you need to make your imagination come to life." And indeed there was a wooden box held loosely in its coils. 

"My mother told me never to talk to serpents," said the girl naively, uncertainly. 

"And yet here you are. You've already disobeyed her," murmured the serpent wryly. "Don't worry about your mother's rules. I have already met her once. She used to be a lovely woman...before the Fall. Now can you really trust her? The one who brought humankind so low? Her own son a murderer? She is the reason we are here... I am only trying to help you. This will bring about the truth about Man manifested in a physical form and will also provide a way for your mother's sin to be undone."

After a moment of thought, she reached out a hand. Then she hesitated, but the thought of all that could be gained from this power filled her mind and urged her to open the box.

Thus the "Monsters" were born as a true reflection of man's fallen state. They embodied his worst qualities and fed off his fear.

Last edited by a moderator:

TWO

~~

Yet the serpent had not lied. Her imagination altered nature itself giving way for creatures that held the beautiful and the childish, whimsy and strength. Whatever she held in her mind from that moment onward manifested itself in some form. A new race she had created, a new kind: monster-kind. Yet they were as divided and as diverse as her feelings were, a storm of emotions: regret, guilt, anger, sadness, pride... The scrolls do not tell us of her fate. No records exist telling of her end. However, one thing that is certain us that monsters continued to be a curse to humankind. And unless man and monster can see that the only way to live is to coexist with harmony accepting each others' differences. Unless they learn this vital lesson, they are doomed to be their own demise...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back