Story Lord Alden Ewart's Agency for the Paranormal - A Victorian Mystery

InsanEleven

King Allyn the Autistic
It is the year 1864, the height of the British Empire in a rapidly advancing world. Yet where most sciences are progressing into serious studies, one stands awkwardly still in the iron grasp of Church and Zealots alike: the field of paralogical sciences. In his attempt to try and gain on the evils of the world through fieldwork and rationality, the young Viscount of Gravesend, Lord Alden V. Ewart has been caught in bureaucracy and superstition.
Left expelled and thwarted in all his attempts to put his hypotheses to the test, there is nothing but himself to rely on as he tries to pry away the supernatural from those stuck in the middle ages. It is then he encounters Ross Forrest, the unfortunate target of a murderous ghost - will his theories hold, or lead them both into a gruesome death?

Hey RPNation! I have started my first attempt at a real book, and I figured some of you would perhaps enjoy reading it.
The setting is a parallel Victorian Era, where history has run similar to ours, except for one vital difference: supernatural entities and events are rare, but real. If you enjoy elements of mystery, horror, history with just a touch of two guys bonding over their impeding deaths, then this is right up your alley.

It is free to read on Tapas!

And if you really would like to help a new writer out, feedback of any kind helps me immensely. Even simply saying what you liked and disliked gives me a direction to move in, and you might even see your feedback shape the story :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back