• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking to Learn More about Other Races through Writing

HowlingWoods

"And she heaved the forest upon her back"
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
So, for context, I am a 17-year-old white female. My father has raised me to be considerate of other people, and I believe I've managed that as best as anyone can. However, I worry that I have not had a lot of contact with diverse people, and I know the only way to learn about other races, social groups, and the sort is to meet them. The problem is, it's terribly awkward to walk up to some stranger and ask about all these highly-charged issues. So, recently, I had a thought: What if I explored these issues through roleplay?

I've been role playing for about 10 years, give or take, and consider myself to be somewhat literate. I typically write 2-4 paragraphs per post, but I have been know to write upwards of 10 paragraphs on a good day. If anyone requires a writing sample, I'd be happy to provide one. I'm typically pretty relaxed on posting speed as long as I'm getting a reply once every few weeks, but I prefer maybe 2-3 posts per day. I am obviously inactive during school hours. I'm in EST time zone.

In most of these role-plays, I'd like to play a white character, most likely one who is learning about other races, just as I am. Some topics I'd like to consider discussing are:
  • Police Brutality
    • I recently watched a video in class of Tae-Ahn Lea's turn, which is what inspired this whole search, among other things.
  • Racial Crime
    • Possibly a minority race criminal x hostage situation, in which the hostage seeks to understand "why" they are committing their crime and suffers, to some extent, with Stockholm Syndrome.
  • Racial Profiling
  • Prison Life for Minority Races
    • Two criminals in prison, one white and one a minority race, stuck in the same cell?
  • White Privilege
  • Everyday Life of a Racial Minority
    • Discussing family life, and how minority race children are raised to fear the cops, the way minority races might feel that they have to "prove" something in order to be accepted, etc.
  • Mixed Race Children
  • Open to other suggestions!
I'm open to mostly anything, but for the sake of this learning exercise I'd prefer if the character you play is the same race you are, but if you have a legitimate reason for wanting to play a different race I'd be open to hearing it. I'm mostly thinking of African Americans in this case, but I'm also open to hearing about other races, as well.

I realize this might come across as offensive to some people, and I'm trying really hard not to be, so if you find this offensive, please politely and kindly tell me how I could write this thread better (or not at all) in order to avoid this. I know these are really sensitive topics, and I'm kind of scared to put this out there to be honest, but I'm interested in learning more about other people and I see this as the best way. I'm also of course open to just discussing these things in PMs without a roleplay, if anyone is so obliged.

Feel free to PM me or post here with any ideas, thoughts, suggestions, or requests!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back