• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking to join or create a D&D group - preferably 5e

Voissed

I RP Real People
Hi all!

I've played D&D but that was 15 years ago. I'm currently catching up with 5e and am super super eager to find people to play with.

If there isn't currently anyone with an already formed group looking for members, I could very well form my own group if people show interest, but I can't DM, not at this moment since it's been so long. But if a DM shows up, then that's great!

Please respond to this thread if you're either recruiting members to your group or is looking to join one!

Thanks in advance!

Huh... I'd be interested as well. I'd prefer Playing overall, but if no one else can I can whip some stuff up and DM. Considering everything I have on backlog, I'm sure I can bring something to the table. (ha)

Huh... I'd be interested as well. I'd prefer Playing overall, but if no one else can I can whip some stuff up and DM. Considering everything I have on backlog, I'm sure I can bring something to the table. (ha)
That's awesome! I guess if at least one more person shows interest, we can already start arranging something :D

Maybe. Like I said, I'd still want to play if entirely possible. Even if I did DM, I'd prefer either a 1 on 1 or at least 3 people.

Hey ive played D&D for a dew years mostly DM I don't ever actually write campaigns to follow I make it up on the fly, but most groups I play with love doing it that way, its been a long time sense ive used this sight so I might be rusty with all of this. As long as you guys don't mind not using grid ams only dialogue then we can go for it. Id prefer you guys find two more people so that way we can have a group of four. Dm me if your ready or interested

Eh, I like something a bit more structured. Making things up on the fly is necessary, but I like making things so they all lead somewhere. That being said, I'd still be interested. Finding more people shouldn't be too hard.

Nice. Like I said, finding people isn't much of a problem. Since this is becoming a thing now, anyone mind if I take the Barbarian position?

Not too long ago I took the opportunity to turn the d&d red box from a 4th edition campaign to a 5th edition one. If you guys aren't interested in doing what is basically a starter campaign I'm currently working on my own campaign that I can DM. It's still in the works but I think I'm almost done.

Let's figure out who's DMing and what their preference on character creation is beforehand. I vote for GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack . Like I said before, I like campeigns with structure. Plus ones made by the DM have personality.

Okay so lots of people to address, here I go!

Hey ive played D&D for a dew years mostly DM I don't ever actually write campaigns to follow I make it up on the fly, but most groups I play with love doing it that way, its been a long time sense ive used this sight so I might be rusty with all of this. As long as you guys don't mind not using grid ams only dialogue then we can go for it. Id prefer you guys find two more people so that way we can have a group of four. Dm me if your ready or interested
I think for a group's first campaign together, it's important that our DM has a more organized play style, at least at the first stages of the campaign so everybody can follow and trust their leadership. But you are more than welcome to join us as a player!

I'm highly intrigued by this haven't had a good d&d game in a minute.
hahahaha That's awesome, we're certainly glad to have more people show interest!

I've never played D&D but I always want to so..Thief/Rogue, please?
Hiya! I'm assuming you're familiar with the mechanics of the game, at least? Like, read the 5e Player's book and all? I'm sorry if this comes across as judgmental, I'm just making sure because everybody needs to be on the same page :) I don't want the DM to have to double as a teacher haha (or any of us, really)

Not too long ago I took the opportunity to turn the d&d red box from a 4th edition campaign to a 5th edition one. If you guys aren't interested in doing what is basically a starter campaign I'm currently working on my own campaign that I can DM. It's still in the works but I think I'm almost done.
This sounds IDEAL! haha I love original campaigns, they are potentially the most fun to play. Can you please PM me with more details?

Alright, my peeps! Seems like we'll be able to start our own D&D group. I'll be PMing all of you later with some questions to sort of align us all in terms of availability, preferences, etc. I'll be acting as the group leader so any questions and concerns, please refer to me!

Thank you all a lot in advance for showing interest in this!

Let's figure out who's DMing and what their preference on character creation is beforehand. I vote for GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack . Like I said before, I like campeigns with structure. Plus ones made by the DM have personality.
Sounds good, I'd love to DM for you guys. My character preference is a bit long but here it is.

I'll allow you to choose from any of the races from the 5th edition Player's Handbook. (Humans, dwarves, gnomes, dragonborn, etc.). You can use any of the subraces for those races that are in the Player's Handbook but I may accept some homebrewed ones as well. You may also choose to play as the playable races from Volo's Guide to Monsters:
  • Aasimar
  • Firbolg
  • Goliath
  • Kenku
  • Lizardfolk
  • Tabaxi
  • Triton
  • Bugbear
  • Goblin
  • Hobgoblin
  • Kobold
  • Orc
  • Yaun-ti Pureblood

If you do decide to play as any of those 13 races you'll have to give me a pretty good reason why. For example; Why has a Kobold has travelled all the way from his cavern home to a city in a very small, wintry continent where the story takes place. Also keep in mind that some of these races might be looked down upon or even feared by the general society, mainly the goblinoids and orc characters, so they may have to wear disguises or have some reason as to why no one is attacking them on sight.

I won't be accepting evil aligned characters, unless you can fit it into a compelling enough backstory that you think might be able to sway me. I don't have anything against evil characters (I've played the odd traitorous rogue myself), I just feel that this campaign would be better suited for good or neutral aligned characters. When it comes to background, I know the few that the Player's Handbook gives you can seem a bit constricting so I have no problems with a homebrewed background as long as I can get some kind of source (whether you made it yourself or you get it from somewhere else doesn't really matter).

Classes are the standard ones you can find in the Player's Handbook, although if you would like to use a homebrewed class I might make an exception considering you have a source and I think it fits into the campaign/isn't too OP. Any spells you might choose can be from the Handbook or from the Elemental Evil spell lists:
http://media.wizards.com/2015/downloads/dnd/EE_PlayersCompanion.pdf

And last but not least I'd prefer it if everyone could roll their stats in a way that I see it. I have a discord server for D&D that's brand new and equipped with a dice bot so if you'd like you can roll your stats in there. And if everyone would like we can also do the deed there instead of on rpnation, although either would be fine with me. I think this campaign should take us from level 1 to 5 at the most, but like I said I'm still working on finishing it so in the end we might be starting with level 3 or four characters. Well, I think that's it, this wall of text has come to a close. If anyone wants help with making their characters I wouldn't mind in the slightest! Let's have fun everyone ;D

And last but not least I'd prefer it if everyone could roll their stats in a way that I see it. I have a discord server for D&D that's brand new and equipped with a dice bot so if you'd like you can roll your stats in there. And if everyone would like we can also do the deed there instead of on rpnation, although either would be fine with me. I think this campaign should take us from level 1 to 5 at the most, but like I said I'm still working on finishing it so in the end we might be starting with level 3 or four characters. Well, I think that's it, this wall of text has come to a close. If anyone wants help with making their characters I wouldn't mind in the slightest! Let's have fun everyone
I know I still hadn't mentioned this (because I sort of wanted to gather everyone's opinions first), but my intention from the beginning was to actually use Discord or some other video/audio messenger platform for this. I'm not familiar enough with RpNation but I don't think it offers us any versatility for carrying out a D&D game, so it'd basically become your average written-form group rp. Correct me if I'm wrong, though!

Everything else GinkyGotBack GinkyGotBack proposed sounds great! But please guys don't post anything about your characters in this thread. We'll probably use their Discord server for that. Here we're merely recruiting people.

Thanks!

This all sounds great. I agree that a discord would be good. So should the CS be a PDF or something?
Yeah, a PDF sounds great. I have a section in the server dedicated to everyone's character's info so when you've finished your CS you can send me a copy if you like and I'll put it all in that tab in the server. If anyone doesn't know or want to use a PDF character sheet for some reason you can just PM me the CS info and like I said I'll put it into the discord tab.

Hey just wondering if you guys had room for one more. I've been playing D&D for around the past 8 year's but haven't really done much with the 5th edition.
I think we already have four players now and five might be too much. We're not too sure about one person's availability at the moment so if they decide they won't be participating then I think that would make you the runner up candidate :)

I think we already have four players now and five might be too much. We're not too sure about one person's availability at the moment so if they decide they won't be participating then I think that would make you the runner up candidate :)
Alrighty, give me a holla and let me know what happens when you know if you could please.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back