• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for Story tellers!

Otakuforreal

Positive Mental Attitude
Hello!

I'll just cut to the chase; I'm looking for someone to build a huge story with. Lately, I've really been wanting to stretch my writing skills, so for this, I'm looking for a Casual to advanced RPer to RP with! Meaning, I want a MINIMUM of 3-4 paragraphs. I want someone who will play more than one character. As will I! I'll admit, I haven't been the most equal when it comes to character balances--I've played one character while my partner has played multiple, and that is something I'm trying to fix.

SO! Let's go into the rules! Always fun, I know, but this is something I feel is important.

* My Partner MUST be 18+. I'm currently 22! I'd just feel better if my partner is around my age for this particular RP interest check.

* CO-WRITING: Again, depending on the story, I've had my fair share of just going along with whatever my partner had in mind and contributing almost nothing to the story, and that is something I do also want to fix. So, with whatever plot my partner and I come up with, I want it to be a team effort! If you have a great idea and want to put it into our story, do it! Unsure? Ask me, and we can work on it together! Hit me with something unexpected, have me think on my feet on what to do next! Let's make this something we're both proud of!

* Characters: As stated in the opening, I'm looking for someone who's willing to do multiple characters along side my multiple characters. For comfort purposes, My main character will be a female. It's just more natural for me to write them, but as I said, I'm going to have a lot of characters anyways so it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Just make sure that the characters you write are believable! No Mary-sues or gary-stues or whatever you kids call them these days.

* Ghosting: I'm guilty of this myself, however I'm in the process of learning when to tell people I'm no longer interested. I'd be grateful of you doing the same, though I understand things happen and it might be scary to do so. If you suddenly drop the RP, or I haven't heard from you in a while, I am going to ask if you are still interested, so you won't have to just tell me you aren't. A simple, "Yes I am" or "No I am not" will be all you have to say if I ask. Even so, I might still message you just so we can remain friends! I love friends!

* Patience: I ask for patience. I work a part-time job and am currently looking to get back into college, so my time is spent either working or browsing scholarships and potential schools! I may not have the energy to reply all the time, but I can promise I'll reply at least once a week. If you haven't heard from me afterwards, just poke me and ask whats up! Chances are I have a response I just haven't been able to post! I'll let you know in advance if I'm going to be unable to respond for a longer period of time, and I'd appreciate the same!

And Just as an FYI, the RPs will be done over PMS ONLY. I don't do discord, and I don't do threads. I like my RPs private. That being said, I will allow for plotting over discord, just not RPing.

That's pretty much it for the rules! Now onto the good stuff!

Plots!

A loveless marriage, a monarch hungry only for power and wealth, the spouse of the cruel King/Queen seeks love and comfort in the arms of the spymaster. A genuine relationship filled with love and admiration for one another brings much bliss, but also much heartache and despair. A plan to run away together can be met with many obstacles and challenges that may face too much for the couple to bear.

This was an RP that I did here on RPN that I really enjoyed, but unforunately got dropped. I felt like I had a good footing on the world when I first did it, and my character was..decent..But ultimately I felt like this was a good RP that was placed in my lap at the wrong time, as I'm more detail oriented when it comes to posts and quality of the posts, and back when I did this one, was when I was posting like, two sentences and MAYBE a paragraph. (It could've gone somewhere amazing if I had the skill I had now) This will include romance, angst, drama, ect, and we can delve further into the plot during our first PM, so we can flesh more things.

Finding their homelife oppresive and finding themselves forced to walk a path they don't wish to, the second in line to the royal throne of a neighboring country flees their life to live as they please, finding their place in the neighboring country as a (Insert job here). There they find the company of a peasant, who forces themselves into their life as an apprentice in order to feed their family. What will happen when they find out their boss is a royal, and is eventually found?

This is the premise of an RP I did on a separate RP site! This one stopped p early on because of some personal issues, but it was such a good premise, I want to see what others here think of it!

When a highschool student uses a ouija board to contact a deceased loved one, what they get instead is a demon in their room. The simple way to get rid of it is simple; have the demon complete a deal and the demon can leave. The only issue is that demons are known to be tricksters, and usually someone ends up hurt or worse. Does the highschool student risk the demon hurting others in order to complete a task? Or does the student let them linger around them? What happens when a few months pass and the demon still has not completed a task?

This is another one I did here on RPN that unfortunately got dropped. We got pretty far into it, there was even marriage and kids involved (Which I'm always down for in my RPs!) However I think because of a lack of planning, it ultimately left us with nowhere really to go. So! I want to bring it back and really plot it out and see what we can make it!

The wide open seas, the smell of salt in the air, and a whole lot of treasure to steal.

What could be better than this?

Life on the sea is an adventure, and a good one at that. With endless possibilities of places to explore, you never know what will happen next. Especially if you and your crew one day discover a piece of an ancient puzzle, that's said to lead to the largest stockpile of gold and jewels the world had ever seen. Enough that you could rest in luxury for the rest of your days (If you so choose). But is this treasure really so grand? Or does it hold a hidden danger that makes your quest seem worthless?

YC can be either the Captain of the pirate crew or the right hand to the captain! While it has a general plot, this story line is going to be more open ended, so we can do ALOT with it if we wanted to explore before getting into the actual plot, or if we wanted to keep going after the main story line is finished!

Saint Gelsey's School of the Arts is the most influential, prestigous arts school in the country. It houses every type of art imaginable-- Theater arts, animation, sculpting, even welding. Find your place here in this school, and perfect your craft. Climb your way to the top of the charts!

So this one was just a fun idea that I was doing with someone a year ago? No plot, just us having fun with a more mellow concept!

Basically, a child has been adopted into a family of vampires, and tries to navigate the vampire culture, while the parents try to navigate the challenges of having a human child.

I'm going to be blunt and say this is a stupid idea, BUT It's from a dream I had recently, and honestly? It could be kinda fun. Now, it says vampires, as that's what my dream was, but it could realistically be any kind of creature. However, my thought on how it'd go is a mythological creature family (humanoid) who doesn't want people to know that they're said creature

The Rothschild's were once a wealthy family, but they edge closer and closer to bankruptcy every moment. The only thing keeping their family afloat for the time being is committing tax fraud, and marrying off their child to a well off enough suitor, who has an estate, and more importantly, money. However when their child figures out about their family's tax fraud, along with a plot by a fellow politician, and supposed family friend, to blackmail their family and push them over that edge, what is a poor young adult to do? Well, murder the politician and forge documents that give his family's fortune over to their family, of course!

Tax fraud and Murder, set in Victorian England! What could be better than this? Well, getting your spouse involved might not be too bad of an idea.

This is one that I'm actually really into! It's part Bonnie and Clyde to an extent, Gentleman's Guide to Love and Murder, and Dear Evan Hansen (In terms of forging false documents/letters).

You thought you were just a normal kid. After all, why would you believe anything different? But, something strange is starting to happen. You start to feel different, and weird things are happening. You thought you were done with puberty stuff! You're well over the age of puberty! When you tell your parents this, they share a look.

"I think it's time." Your mother says to your father. Your father looks at you, then at his wife, and you're as confused as ever.

"Time? Time for what?" You ask, looking between the two.

"Well...All the stuff that's been happening to you? It's because we're not human."

This plot is based loosely around that old children's fantasy book, "Children of the Lamp". I have not read them (I'm actually currently reading the first one) but the idea that a family isn't human, and now their child(ren) have to navigate how to use their powers and seem normal is just really entertaining to me. I envison this taking place around highschool/college age personally, and what fantasy race the family is can be discussed during plotting.

When a new student comes to Juniper Hills high school, it’s usually the talk of the school. After all, it’s a small school in a small town—new students are a rarity. Who would this new person take to? Jocks? Goths? Theatre Kids? Well..what if this student made a group that was all their own? Welcome to the Losers Club.

This is a VERY loose concept that may definitely change as we plot things out, but I’ve been very into the idea of different types of teens becoming a friend group. Kinda like the Breakfast Club but not? Idk like I said it’s a work in progress.

Magic is a taboo subject in most of the world. After all, if you do magic you're either considered insane or scary. Oh sure, all towns have their share of mages, who help the desperate and secretive with their problems, but they aren't exactly liked either. No, mages have a bad reputation of being sneaky, tricky, greedy, or just down right evil. Most don't like to interact with them.

Well, unless you're from the city of Druth.

Druth is one of the wealthiest costal cities in this world, and home to the strongest Mages and Wizards in the world. On every corner of the street are magickal shops, and the arcane energy is so strong you can feel it in the wind and on your skin, giving an energy you've never felt before. You moved here not too long ago, adventuring out on your own to get stronger in your magic. You help a smaller magic shop, living in the apartment right above it. All was normal, until you were handed a letter with the royal insignia. The contents of the letter show that you, personally, have been invited by the ruler of Druth to act as an arcane advisor.

But what could they want from you? And why does the letter have such an ominous aura around it?

So, this one is based on a smaller part of an RP I do on here! My partner can play as either the arcane advisor in question, or the ruler of the city of Druth!

The Rockstar and the Cellist

In this world, very rarely does music ever collide. Oh sure, you have things like 'Punk goes Broadway' or metal covers of classical songs, but never do you really see two completely different musical worlds collide into one. But, through the tireless efforts of two managers, that will soon be put to an end. What better opportunity to venture out into a field of music noone has ventured into before than to take the hottest up and coming rockstar and pair them up with a world renowned cellist? The only problem..they absolutely, positively, and without a doubt hate each other.

Oh, and they have to live together in order to get the creative juices flowing.

So, this was an RP I did with a friend a few months ago. We never finished, as things came up, but it was super fun when we started! I really see this playing out as an enemies to lovers, Bad Boyx Good Girl trope.

Darker than night, deep in the woods you'll find
Standing alone, a circus that no one knows
Master of all, nearly ten meters tall
Watching the show, eyes that will slowly grow

All who perform smile with faces torn
Happy with glee, strange as they look to me
Shall the fun start? Follow me to the Dark
Woods Circus please, join the festivity

So, I came up with this plot after finding a lot of cool creepy circus stuff on pinterest, wrote down the synopsis of it, only to realize it's literally just the story of Dark Woods Circus from Vocaloid, hence why the plot is just the lyrics. Still!! It's a really cool concept that I think could be interesting to play!!

Harmony was broken

The Five that should have been one became divided, each reverting into its own nature. Only as the evil of the Fifth was realized, did the Four shape the world one last time. But their power was too great to be unleashed without powers

Harmony was broken

But the echoes of the World Song can still be heard. And through this, the Four found their champions, calling them together. The elements would have scoured the world and made it devoid of life, had not the Bard's Call checked their terrible power
Much was lost that day. But the world was won. The Fifth fell into the depths of the world, body rent asunder, mind broken. But even out of the defeat of the Fifth, a new hope arose. Eight lands, blessed and cursed by its power

Harmony was broken

And yet peace returned. The Fifth defeated, the Four withdrew. What had been wild and mutable became solid. History unfolded, the mortal races made the world their own, as was ordained
The Fifth slipped into legend, the Four became myths. Both treachery and sacrifice nothing more than stories. Stars, dancing through the night's sky

But I remember. For I can hear the songs on the wind, in the waves, in the crackling of flames, rising from the very bones of the earth. What has been forgotten may become known again. What lies hidden may be revealed. What sleeps may wake. And with it all its terrors

Harmony was broken
And still the songs endure. I shall sing of the Five, of the return of the Fifth, of evil old and unimaginable
I shall sing to mortal hearts and heavens alike

I shall sing - with a Voice of Fire
!

A plot VERY loosely based on the Album 'Voices of Fire' by Van Canto! But I love the idea of four countries coming together to defeat an ancient evil/forgotton evil country, and perhaps a descendant of the ruler of the evil country coming to aid in their homeland's defeat!
Those are the only plots I really have, but you can find my pairings and fandoms Here (Multiple Settings - Female looking for Male character!) if you'd like to choose from one of those. For fandoms, I only do OCs and not canon characters.

Can't wait to see if anyone is interested!

PLEASE PM ME IF INTERESTED/ABLE TO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back