• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for someone to play with :)

Waverly

Nah...
Hello!

I'm Wavebird or Wave for short. I have been around RpN for a few years by now, but I'm not exactly the most active player around. Though I really wish to get back into the RP scene again. So here I am, trying something new: Looking for a 1on1 RP partner for the first time. Now, I'm not new to this, not at all! I've been playing in group and 1on1 several times before. But recently I just haven't had any luck in finding something lasting and worthwhile and this is the first time I actively search for someone to play with.

I consider myself an advanced writer and strive to play characters with some depth that are part of thought-through stories. That being, said I have one weakness (which you might have already noticed): My native language is not English. That means I sometimes will make absolutely no sense, and may fail sometimes in regards of grammar and spelling.

So anyway, what do I like to play? I can portray both male and female roles of mostly any kind. I usually have a great deal of distance to my characters, so one could say I have no preference other than that I really like trying new concepts that challenge me as a writer and in terms of character development. Still I'm not the sort of person that intentionally play the most original characters of all time, I sure wouldn't say no to a right cliché if it fits the story. Like, as long as the character makes sense I'm fine. I'm also ok with romance, but it's certainly not a focus for me. The grand storyline is my focus, always. (Like, if romance occour naturally in the grand scheme of things I can pay lots of attention to it, but I will not play simply for the sake of romance).

Anyway, I like it when my character (and the story as a whole) is sort of believable. I can't handle exaggerated shit and overpowered characters or whatever it may be. Flaws, dirt, darkness, is what I like. And as anyone I will never be bothered with Mary Sues/Stues.

I can play in most general settings. So if any of these vague settings appeal to you, we might be a match:
- Modern-ish with slight supernatural themes
- Futuristic or Cyberpunk
- Fantasy (but preferably realstistic and folk lore inspried and not so much High Fantasy humbug)

Though I have several specific settings in mind, I wouldn’t mind creating something entirely new as long as my partner is someone who is like-minded. I do prefer original settings and some world building over simple fandom, but that’s not exactly a rule of mine.

That's about it. Say hello if this seems appealing to you at all :P

P.S:
OH! I also always make art for all characters I play! And often for my partner's characters as well, so that's something you can count on :D

I would be down for a modernish plot with supernatural themes! What are your ideas?
Without being detaild, I could go for something like:
- Slice of life + alien visitation with some horror/mystery elements (preferably like in the 80's or 90's).
- People with superpowers exists and we play characters that are "Commericial Super Heroes" meaning we do hero stuff followed by a camera team and it's not exactly as grand as in the comics. Much darkness and not at all as epic as it sounds.
- Some Secret Agent or Cold War stuff with, you know, biological weapons or something. Could be a bit Resident Evily...?
- Anything Stranger Thingish (again, preferably in the 90's or 80's, but that's not really a deal-breaker).

Anything sound cool or are you into something else? Be sure to hit me with whatever you may have in mind too! :)

Without being detaild, I could go for something like:
- Slice of life + alien visitation with some horror/mystery elements (preferably like in the 80's or 90's).
- People with superpowers exists and we play characters that are "Commericial Super Heroes" meaning we do hero stuff followed by a camera team and it's not exactly as grand as in the comics. Much darkness and not at all as epic as it sounds.
- Some Secret Agent or Cold War stuff with, you know, biological weapons or something. Could be a bit Resident Evily...?
- Anything Stranger Thingish (again, preferably in the 90's or 80's, but that's not really a deal-breaker).

Anything sound cool or are you into something else? Be sure to hit me with whatever you may have in mind too! :)
Stranger things sounds cool! I do have some ideas about that!

a modern/ supernatural RP? THAT sounds like fun!

Stranger things sounds cool! I do have some ideas about that!
Cool :) Hit me up with a PM and we can start figuring things out

I have a couple ideas myself! I'd love to discuss them!
I'd love to discuss them too! Hit me up with a PM and we'll get started :D

a modern/ supernatural RP? THAT sounds like fun!
:D Got any ideas for one or appealed by any of the ones I described above?

Hello! Im interested!
Nice! What are you looking to play?

:D Got any ideas for one or appealed by any of the ones I described above?

I don't really have a idea...what about something like equilibrium/ john wick style of rp?

Equilibirum as in the film with Christian Bale where they are not allowed to have feelings and emotion or whatever? Sounds like something I possibly could work with! :P

I was thinking more using the gun-kata from equilibrium and a assassin underworld from john wick and fusing them together to form a plot. I am glad some one other than myself knows about equilibrium ahaha

I was thinking more using the gun-kata from equilibrium and a assassin underworld from john wick and fusing them together to form a plot. I am glad some one other than myself knows about equilibrium ahaha
Well, I'm not sure about that combo to be honest. I reall like the general setting of Equilibrium, as a dark not so far-off future and all that, but the Gun-kata combined with secret assassins easily get exaggerated and unbelievable in my opinion. Get what I mean? Anyway, if you're still up for discussing this further, hit me up with a PM and we may work something out :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back