Advice/Help Looking for someone to help fix up my recruit threads

Comicwolf

Searching for writing partners
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Hi there, as of late i been only getting one or two rps and i want to try to get more rps started but i been told one way to do so is to add passion or more to my one on ones threads

So im looking for someone who will help me edit and fix it up to help bring more intrested rpers

So to start with there is no such thing as an interest check that is guaranteed to bring in more players. Most of roleplaying is down to luck and timing way more than it is the content of your interest check. Sure you want to make sure it's readable but that's really the only universal requirement that is going to improve your chances. Everything else is down to personal preference of the reader. You're never going to make anything that pleases everyone, and even trying to please "most" people has little to do with the content itself.

In addition one or two roleplays is actually pretty average for what most interest checks will bring in. I get most of my partners through contacting other people not through people contacting me about my interest check. In addition I would say between one to three active roleplays is about average for the 1x1 section in general. There might be the outliers that have more active roleplays but that is usually just down to luck.

As roleplaying isn't really a popularity contest. It's not entirely about making something flashy that people like. It's usually more about getting lucky enough to find someone who is free at the same time as you and interested in the same things you are.

So I would be happy to check for like basic readability but my main advice is to just be patient and to try to see if you can't find people who are interested in the same things and pitch them your ideas.

So to start with there is no such thing as an interest check that is guaranteed to bring in more players. Most of roleplaying is down to luck and timing way more than it is the content of your interest check. Sure you want to make sure it's readable but that's really the only universal requirement that is going to improve your chances. Everything else is down to personal preference of the reader. You're never going to make anything that pleases everyone, and even trying to please "most" people has little to do with the content itself.

In addition one or two roleplays is actually pretty average for what most interest checks will bring in. I get most of my partners through contacting other people not through people contacting me about my interest check. In addition I would say between one to three active roleplays is about average for the 1x1 section in general. There might be the outliers that have more active roleplays but that is usually just down to luck.

As roleplaying isn't really a popularity contest. It's not entirely about making something flashy that people like. It's usually more about getting lucky enough to find someone who is free at the same time as you and interested in the same things you are.

So I would be happy to check for like basic readability but my main advice is to just be patient and to try to see if you can't find people who are interested in the same things and pitch them your ideas.
I meant one on one as in pms

I guess i can try to wait but i been waiting for three months

But what specifically are you wanting to improve?
Do you want to improve an interest check (like the thread)
Do you need help writing a post as your character?
Do you need help finding people who share your interests?
Third and first

Okay so my first bit of advice stands for a thread. If you link I can give it a quick check for readability but for the most part you can’t rely solely on an interest check to find partners.

The second part involves using filters. To explain that I need to know if you are on a desktop or a phone?

Okay so my first bit of advice stands for a thread. If you link I can give it a quick check for readability but for the most part you can’t rely solely on an interest check to find partners.

The second part involves using filters. To explain that I need to know if you are on a desktop or a phone?
Mobile

so that gives you screen shots to get to the filters. For prefix only select those if you have very broad interest (ex. Your interested in any fandom or any fantasy).

For sub genre you can select as many as you want. I stick to two at a time just so you don’t make the search too narrow.

Also remember you may send five pms to people and get one reply back. That has nothing to do with your presentation, it just means that luck wasn’t on your side.

I usually give people three to four days to respond before deleting the PM.

so that gives you screen shots to get to the filters. For prefix only select those if you have very broad interest (ex. Your interested in any fandom or any fantasy).

For sub genre you can select as many as you want. I stick to two at a time just so you don’t make the search too narrow.

Also remember you may send five pms to people and get one reply back. That has nothing to do with your presentation, it just means that luck wasn’t on your side.

I usually give people three to four days to respond before deleting the PM.
Ok i'll try it out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back