• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for someone to GM a one-on-one RP from this list of fandoms!

Venom Adhamm

No one is ever going to want me
Hey there, I'm currently looking for someone to GM a one-on-one RP. I have an idea in mind for each of the fandoms I've listed, but I'm open to whatever suggestions you may have.

I want you to be the GM. That means you would control the world, NPCs, events, and the outcome of my actions, while I simply control my character.

If any of the ideas below strike your interest, please shoot me a message.

Do note, all the ideas below are just that: ideas. If you've got a different idea for one of the fandoms I'm looking for, I'm always ready to hear it.

Haruhi Suzumiya

Craving this one the most. My idea is for the RP to be set either during, after, or before the events of the anime. My character would be a time-traveller who travels back in time to escape from a dystopian future and ends up enrolling in the same school as Haruhi (could be middle-school, high school, or university, depending on when you want the RP to take place). I'm also open to the RP taking place in the Disappearance Universe, or a Universe entirely separate from anything in the anime or manga.

KonoSuba

My character would be a member of the Adventurer Guild in the world of KonoSuba, though he could either be a native there or end up there like Kazuma. The RP could be entirely OCs or have canon characters, though I'd prefer canon characters to be in it, whether on their own or with OCs sprinkled in (especially since I'm absolutely in love with Megumin).

I do have one idea for the story that's pretty far detached from the story and structure of the show. My character would be a native to the world, or at least someone who's been there a long time. He'd be a monster hunter who runs a restaurant. He goes out and hunts monsters solely to supply meat for the restaurant. It'd be a mix of a restaurant management type of thing, as well as having a lot of monster hunting. He could also take on quests for people, in exchange for getting to hire them as employees (either working as party members or in the restaurant). There could even be sections where he travels to other places to set up more restaurants or to hunt exotic monsters.

Of course, if you aren't a fan of that, we could have the more standard fare of an adventurer and his party taking on quests and exploring the world. In that case, it might be more interesting to give the entire RP a road trip vibe, instead of having it take place around a central hub

Dragon Ball

In the far-future of the main series (or in an alternate universe), the dragon balls become closely guarded to prevent anyone unworthy from making wishes. Each of the dragon balls is held by a Keeper. Every ten years, the Keepers set up a world-spanning event, where everyone is invited to participate. All participants gather at one place, at which point the locations of all seven Keepers is revealed to them. From then on, it's a race to not only reach the various Keepers, but to pass their tests in order to obtain their dragon balls. Once all the dragon balls are taken from their Keepers, the location of a hidden shrine is revealed to everyone who has at least one of the dragon balls. The dragon balls only work when gathered together at this shrine, drawing all the holders to one spot for a final battle.

I think this idea would be great in terms of character development. All characters would be working towards the goal of having their one wish granted while on a long journey, giving them plenty of time to develop. I'm thinking that before the race begins, some time can be spent showing the main characters training for it. Maybe they're training together, or maybe they're miles apart and only meet for the first time at the starting point of the race.

One alternative that I really like is instead of having it be a race, make it something more akin to a pilgrimage. People must still pass the tests of the Keepers, but they do it at their own pace, and whenever they feel ready. You're not allowed to take the Dragon Balls until you pass all the tests, and not everyone will be going after them at the same time. It'll give everything a bit of a slower pace, and allow for more time to be spent on character development and maybe a bit of slice-of-life stuff.

Kingdom Hearts

My idea for this RP is to play as an amnesiac Keyblade-wielding Nobody. He cannot remember anything at all, not his past when he was a whole person, nor the reason he became a Nobody in the first place. His only clue is the fact that he has two Keyblades, one of which he can feel isn't his. The RP would be his journey as he tries to regain his heart and his memories. It could take place either during, before, or after the games, or even take place in an alternate timeline/universe.

There could, of course, also be a central villain of the story. Perhaps the villain (or maybe even a group of villains) had some role in my character becoming a Nobody, and through conflict with them, my character comes closer and closer to finding the truth.

Touhou

Would love an RP set in the wonderful world of Gensokyo! I was thinking my character would be from the Outside World who ends up in Gensokyo during the start of the RP or beforehand. From there, he'd slowly start to explore the world and meet the various characters in it. Maybe there's an incident going on, or maybe he's in Gensokyo during the events of one of the games. In any case, this is one we could definitely discuss further.

Marvel

I'm a big fan of the MCU films and have been pretty interested in an RP related to Marvel. Doesn't necessarily have to be set in the MCU, and I'd probably actually prefer an alternate Universe so we have a bit more free-reign with what we want to do with the characters and world. I was thinking that the RP would begin with an origin story for my character, with him either facing a canonical villain or an original character. After that point, the Universe could open up and include more of the heroes from Marvel. It doesn't necessarily have to immediately go into something like the Avengers where everyone comes together to fight a big threat, but maybe the heroes could be slowly introduced one at a time into the story.

It could also take place some time after Endgame, maybe with the current Avengers keeping on the lookout for someone else who could fill out their ranks, and eventually stumbling upon my character.

My idea for a character is a discharged war veteran who, during combat, discovered his ability to decelerate time (to an extent) for both living and non-living things. He's the owner, proprietor, and sole employee of a quiet bar, loved by its regulars for the way time just seems to slow down whenever they step in and grab a seat.

Star Wars

This RP could be set before, during, or after any of the films, or in an alternate Universe. My character would be a Mandalorian who left his home planet to work as a bounty hunter while trying to find his lost sister. However, several years have passed since he started, with no luck at all. He's given up hope at this point, and may have already lost sight of the beloved sibling he was trying to find in the first place. He seems completely without purpose in the Universe, even though he's well-known for his skill in his profession.

His story would be one of regaining his purpose and remembering once again why he's so far from home. Perhaps this story is one driven by him learning of and achieving balance in the Force. Or, perhaps his story remains outside of the Force, with him driving his own, uninfluenced path. I think, in either case, he should end up dragged into the Sith/Jedi conflict through one way or another.

Last edited:
I'm always up for a Marvel-esque roleplay, though the AU version definitely seems more plausible.
If this interests you, feel free to hit me up in PM

Users who are viewing this thread

Back