• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Looking for someone to DM an RP from these fandoms! (anime, video games, TV)

Venom Adhamm

No one is ever going to want me
Hey there, I'm currently looking for someone to DM a one-on-one RP. I have an idea in mind for each of the fandoms I've listed, but I'm open to whatever suggestions you may have. Firstly, a few important notes about me and what I'm looking for.

I roleplay in first-person. Your choice in point-of-view doesn't matter to me at all, I'm fine with whatever you pick! That said, if you'd prefer me to RP in third-person, just let me know. I'll also be playing a male character for each of the RPs I have in mind.

I want you to be the DM. That means you would control the world, NPCs, events, and the outcome of my actions, while I simply control my character.

Do note, all the ideas below are just that: ideas. If you've got a different idea for one of the fandoms I'm looking for, I'm always ready to hear it.

Anyway, here are the fandoms I'm looking for:

Haruhi Suzumiya

Craving this one the most. My idea is for the RP to be set either during, after, or before the events of the anime. My character would be a time-traveller who travels back in time to escape from a dystopian future and ends up enrolling in the same school as Haruhi (could be middle-school, high school, or university, depending on when you want the RP to take place). I'm also open to the RP taking place in the Disappearance Universe, or a Universe entirely separate from anything in the anime or manga.

Doctor Who

One of my main problems with the show is that the titular character is at no real risk of failure or death, since he can just regenerate over and over. So, my character would be a Time Lord who is on a quest to save his friends from some sort of time-loop-based calamity that has them trapped in a never-ending cycle. He's been on this quest for thousands of years, and has now reached his last incarnation. As he's now truly begun to run out of a time, and failure has become a real possibility, he's haunted by his past and by the prospect of not being able to save his friends.

The RP would start while my character is still in his twelfth incarnation, and pretty soon, he'd die and regenerate for his last time. I'd also like for him to lose his Sonic Screwdriver and have to get a new one, though he'd find that the new Sonic is fairly rudimentary and only has basic functions, so he'd have to upgrade the tool over the course of the RP to get more abilities for it.

I had another RP like this with someone else and she did something I really liked where she split the RP up into "episodes." I thought it was a really cool stylistic thing that I'd like in this RP as well.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure

This would work best in a completely alternate Universe from any of the Parts, but versions of the canon characters could still appear. However, if you'd rather have it set in a canon Universe, or even during one of the Parts, that'd be fine too. For setting, I think either a school setting or some kind of grand adventure (like Parts 3 and 7) would work best.

For the school setting, my idea is that there's a boarding school for people with supernatural powers (Hamon Users, vampires, Stand Users, Spin Users, etc.). However, all the students are competing with each other, for the person who graduates at the top of their class will receive the prized possession of the school: the Requiem Arrow. In order to reach the top, many students have taken to trying to eliminate any competition they face. The school itself could have a secretive history and purpose that can be revealed over time.

As for the grand adventure setting, I was thinking maybe a pirate-esque thing, where the world is flooded and my character and his party are sailing the world in search of something. This one would need a lot more work though, since the idea I have is pretty rough.

Dragon Ball

The idea I had for this one is actually heavily inspired by one of the Parts of JoJo. My idea is that, in the far-future of the main series (or in an alternate universe), the dragon balls become closely guarded to prevent anyone unworthy from making wishes. Each of the dragon balls is held by a Keeper. Every year, the Keepers set up a world-spanning event, where everyone is invited to participate. All participants gather at one place, at which point the locations of all seven Keepers is revealed to them. From then on, it's a race to not only reach the various Keepers, but to pass their tests in order to obtain their dragon balls. Once all the dragon balls are taken from their Keepers, the location of a hidden shrine is revealed to everyone who has at least one of the dragon balls. The dragon balls only work when gathered together at this shrine, drawing all the holders to one spot for a final battle.

I think this idea would be great in terms of character development. All characters would be working towards the goal of having their one wish granted while on a long journey, giving them plenty of time to develop. I'm thinking that before the race begins, some time can be spent showing the main characters training for it. Maybe they're training together, or maybe they're miles apart and only meet for the first time at the starting point of the race.

Kingdom Hearts

My idea for this RP is to play as an amnesiac Keyblade-wielding Nobody. He cannot remember anything at all, not his past when he was a whole person, nor the reason he became a Nobody in the first place. His only clue is the fact that he has two Keyblades, one of which he can feel isn't his. The RP would be his journey as he tries to regain his heart and his memories. It could take place either during, before, or after the games, or even take place in an alternate timeline/universe.

There could, of course, also be a central villain of the story. Perhaps the villain (or maybe even a group of villains) had some role in my character becoming a Nobody, and through conflict with them, my character comes closer and closer to finding the truth.

Persona
Recently picked up Persona 5 and am loving the style and story. I really like the concept behind it, where the worlds the main characters fight in are representations of people's inner darkness, so I think something similar to that would be great. I've got two ideas regarding that.

My first idea is focused on dreams. In our world, dreams are formed based on a person's memories. The more negative memories a person has, the more horrifying their dream worlds appear, and the more horrifying their personality and way of treating people is. The main characters are able to enter these dream worlds to learn more about the dreamer, and when they reach the end, they're able to implant new memories or remove old ones for the purpose of making the dreamer's mind be more at peace and turn them into a better person. I think this'd be a great way to explore the human psyche and how our memories shape who we are.

My second idea is based on technology. 'Cyberspace' is an actual world, and each person who makes use of digital technology has their own personal Cyberspace. Their Cyberspace is formed by everything they do online: the interactions they have, the things they install, the things they download, the stuff they look at and search for, and so on. It's not linked to a specific device either, but instead to any piece of technology they ever use. Thus, these Cyberspaces reveal a lot about people, particularly about the things they do in secret and want to hide from the world. Our main characters can infiltrate Cyberspaces and upload any information they find from there into the real world. But at the very end of every Cyberspace is the worst things people have done online that could destroy their career if ever leaked. Our characters would have the choice of threatening the owner of the Cyberspace, or simply leaking the information to the public and watching their life fall apart.
If you have an idea besides those though, I'm always happy to hear it!

What other fandoms would you be willing to roleplay in? I'm interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back