• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for someone to create a story world with!

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
I've been making my own story worlds but it is really hard for me to make them the best I can without a second opinion. Is anyone interested in creating an intense, thriller like story world with me that would eventually be turned into a group rp where you and I would be the hosts? Examples of the worlds I've created:

A modern day world covered in snow. It's post apocalyptic and it's hard to survive. (It goes more in depth but this is just to give examples of what type of worlds we will be building.)

I also created a fantasy world full of mythical beasts, and another that has a hunger games like system, but instead fantasy.

I would love to discuss plots and ideas with anyone who's interested and would be committed to creating this RP with me!

Basically this would be a collaboration between me and whoever joins to create the absolute best RP in which we will introduce to the public once it's fully built!

I might be interested, if it's ok, I'd like to ask a few questions:

You mentioned you want to create an intense thriller like story. Is it possible that it might have elements of fantasy.
What kind of limitations and abilities or resources do you want playing characters to have access to?
Will this involve nations/countries, towns, or will it be restricted to one town either due to real danger or other?
What is the writing level you want to see from others?
How often are you hoping people to post?

1. I am very interested in fantasy worlds!

2. Characters may have access to abilities but will be limited to a point that it isn't op. Characters may carry weapons and other tools but you'd have to be realistic with the weight to person ratio.

3. It would involve a good area to travel, but it probably wouldnt get extremely big to the point you wouldn't know where to go (probably a radius of a few towns and cities that you will be allowed to travel to. This also depends on what story you would be interested in creating) I often times make maps of areas that are allowed to be traveled and sometimes things that are off the map and charted as unknown territory.

4. I want a decent writing level. A few grammar and spelling mistakes are fine (I make mistakes sometimes too) but I expect writing to be descriptive and engaging. I usually have a limit of two paragraphs per post.

5. At least once a week, I prefer people to post fast, I like fast paced RP. I understand people are busy though and will be gracious toward anyone who PMs me about missing a deadline

That sounds good, are you against the use of elements then or open to working on them to a point where they are used but not used in a way that disrupts the vision for your world? I ask as I am interested in playing someone who can manipulate water.

awesome, well I think I should ask is there any ideas, notes, things, items, etc. you really want to incorporate into this world;

What's the world like in terms of technology?

I am fine with technology either being advanced, normal, or outdated, but I usually prefer it to be on more of the outdated side (usually this is because it isn't available to the characters we will play.) I love worlds where it's a bit harder to survive (Ex: you have to get water from a well instead of a fridge, stuff like that.) I also like deadly creatures or monsters that have been created for the world. Of course these things don't need to be in the rp but I like to add them to my stories.

I like all of these as well, including the more outdated side of technology. Perhaps the monsters are the biggest threat, we can try and figure out how they came to be or maybe they have been there as long as anyone could remember/recorded in history?

Yes! I'm glad you like it! Usually I do more of a where did they come from approach. Would you like me to create another thread so we can start chatting about it?

I'd be very interested! I'm currently a mod for some chats I and another have come up with, but I've been missing some thriller/supernatural elements with them! PM me if you'd like to build something!

I'm busy writing a story about a guy who wakes up as a vampire lord in a fantasy world and now has to fight the other evil overlords to save the world. I could use some characters from that.

There's a feature underneath recruitment threads called "similar threads". Even right now, I see one that hasn't been posted on since early January, but I've seen one or two go back faaaaar. That's probably how your old thread was dug up :) If you're no longer looking for partners, you can add that to the tread title

I'm busy writing a story about a guy who wakes up as a vampire lord in a fantasy world and now has to fight the other evil overlords to save the world. I could use some characters from that.
That sounds cool. If you'd like we can discuss things further in PMs or a new thread :)

There's a feature underneath recruitment threads called "similar threads". Even right now, I see one that hasn't been posted on since early January, but I've seen one or two go back faaaaar. That's probably how your old thread was dug up :) If you're no longer looking for partners, you can add that to the tread title
Thanks for the information :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back