• Before posting a question, please check our Frequently Asked Questions page as well as previous threads here. Odds are you aren't the first to ask, and you may find the answer without having to post!

Other Looking for some RPs and friends~

Ki-Mono

True Crime Junkie
So I've already made an introduction, but I really had no idea where to put this. I looked in all the categories, but it did not seem to fit anywhere.

Anyways! I'm new here. Never really been part of a website made specifically for RPing before. I haven't been too much on the RP scene since I was a little kid; I'm now trying to get back into it. My coding skills are poor at best, but I do try my best.
I've updated my profile to all it can be, I've brought over some friends from another site, and I've even made a RP. However now I am at a loss for what to do. Do I just start socializing on forum games? Can I promote my RP in any way? Do you guys have your own RPs you'd like me to take a look at to maybe join? (My RP interests are on my "about me" page).

This site looks so cool, and I am honestly more excited then I thought I'd be to get back into the RPing swing. Just need to figure out how to get started.

Hello Ki-Mono Ki-Mono and welcome to RpNation, please don't bump spam threads in this section, it's not a fast post section so your thread was still very near the top of the forum and bumping was not necessary. ;3 You also may want to take a look into the FAQ we have, here is a section all about roleplays;
How do I make a roleplay thread?
A roleplay thread is posted the same way any other thread is here on RpNation, you just have to post it within the correct Roleplay forum that is most appropriate for your particular roleplay.

Where does my roleplay go?
The Roleplay forum is separated into two categories; One on One (1x1) and Group (roleplays with three or more players). These categories are then broken down by roleplay settings and types.

One on One (1x1) host roleplays that consist of two or three roleplay partners and permits various setting prefixes.

Fandom contains characters or story from an existing universe; such as a book, movie, anime, etc.

Fantasy is a reality that is more fantastic, more whimsical and has the more traditional elements within it that you know you are not grounded in anything that is like our reality and world at its core.

Realistic or Modern is a reality that is similar to our own. It might have some minor magic or creatures in it or even zombies trying to eat us, but the technology and the way of life we experience in this game is similar to the reality we all face in our real lives.

Futuristic is a reality that is far more advanced technologically (typically) and possesses characteristics that we would associate with the future of our reality.

Dice hosts roleplays are based on a dice system for the game to run. Dungeons & Dragons and Pathfinder are a couple of examples for dice formats.

Nation Building hosts roleplays focus on world building across two or more nations. Common themes in these roleplays are military strategy and politics.

The Colosseum is for roleplays that are exclusively combat-focused. These roleplays are generally not plot-intensive.

The Quest Log is for roleplays where a single person writes a story and other people post votes to influence the events of the roleplay.

Where can I find open roleplays created by others?
The best place to look for open roleplays is the Looking for Players Forum. Here you will find two sub-forums: Looking For Partners, which is for One on One roleplays, and Looking for Group, which is for group RPs that are sorted through genre-specific sub-forums.

What is the Extra Pages forum for?
The Extra Pages area is meant to host your roleplay lore, character sheets, and out of character chat.

What are roleplay tabs and how do I use them?
Roleplay tabs offer members the ability to link together their roleplay threads. You can read a tutorial here.

How do I find others to roleplay with?
Members should look in the Looking for Players forum. They may also post their own searches there for other members to read.

Looking for Partners are for searches for roleplays intended for 2-3 players.
Looking for Group and the sub-forum Interest Checks are for searches for roleplays for 3 or more players.

As far as promoting your roleplay, depending on if it's for a group or a 1x1 you would either put an interest check in the correct setting sub-forum under Looking for Group or if for a 1x1 into Looking for Partners with the correct setting prefix. From there you just wait and see if players are interested in joining. This process is a bit like fishing, it takes time and patience to catch a player's attention because there are thousands of roleplays going on at any one time and many also are promoting their stuff.

Hey.

Ever wondered what it would feel like to befriend God? Here's your chance! -w-
srsly wanna be friends though? I'm bored and am slowly dying inside uwu

Users who are viewing this thread

Back