• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Nonialba

An archivist documenting all things
~♖~​
Hi, my name is Anon but you can call me...well whatever you prefer I don't really care. (Anon, Noni, Two, Six, Zero, Hundred, to name a few)

I'm gender neutral, and go by any pronouns you wish to refer to me as, it doesn't matter. (He/She/They/Xe/Xer/It)

I'm a D&D dungeon master by trade, but have been roleplaying since I was a young Anon of like 13/14. Needless to say I'm older than that now. (I'm concious about personal information, but I'm between 25-30 for all you +18 rp requesters, but closer to the top end of that scale. Though I don't mind the age I rp with as long as you're aware the worse it's going to get is if there's any 'sad times' though it's expected we talk through triggers and stuff before we roleplay).

I'm not looking for a romance roleplay, I don't care for that at all. I'm here specifically for a couple of things. As a dungeon master, I'm greatly into the fantasy genre, but I'm a sci-fi dabbler too. I'm looking for someone that is interested in joining me on an adventure through a different plot or story line as two characters. Again, no romance, so we're looking at friends, or just two individuals that have been stuck together on this hell of a ride.

I'm a big fan of fantasy as I said, but sci-fi, adventure, dystopian, and mythology based I am also interested. There are a few fandoms/settings that I wouldn't mind dabbling in as well:

Fandoms
The Owl House
Yu-Gi-Oh (only the first, don't come at me with your GX bull)
Pokemon
Spy x Family
Star Trek

Settings
Exandria (though I only really know Tal'Dorei and a bit of Wildmount)
Lovecraftian/Eldritch
Exploration/Journey to the Centre of the Earth/Atlantis the Lost Empire style
Forgotten Realms
Ravnica
Pirates
Historical (Ancient Egyptian, Ancient Greek, Celtic, Roman, Viking, Victorian, Industrial Era, WW1, WW2)
Espionage
Superhero (Miraculous Ladybug or Marvel esque)
Sci-Fi
Steampunk
Fantasy (I have my own homebrew world I'm happy to share and lore dump to you)

I won't do
School setting (I'm an old Anon, I've not been to school in years, I don't care)
Harry Potter (We're not supporting those views in this house)
Romance (I'm not here to do awkward crushes to couples. I have fanfiction for that pleasure)
Star Wars (Never seen it, don't know it)
Mental Health Issues (I'm not someones therapist. I'm here for writing and plot)​

I'm open to plot ideas/suggestions as well, so if you have anything you want to run by me, I'm all for it. I have some plot ideas for the Lovecraftian/Eldritch, Exploration, Ravnica, Pirates, Victorian Era and Espionage settings which I will put in the next post (which may be tomorrow as I was an idiot and took too long to write this and now it's half past midnight on a work night).

I'm happy to roleplay via form, discord or emails. I'm 'old school' so I used to do a lot of email roleplay when I was younger.

I would say I'm semi-literate to literate+. Though I don't want you coming at me with my spelling and grammar and I won't come after you. I'm expecting capital letter and punctuation in the correct place. But if you make like an error here or there I don't care. We're only human. (Well, lizardfolk counts right?)

Also, for sake of replies, I'm UTC +1 in terms of timezone. So take that into consideration when enquiring.

This seems long, and I seem strict and stern. I'm not, I'm excited I promise. I'm just cold over text. Feel free to message me asking questions/sharing ideas. I'm keen to discuss further.

~♖~​

Good morning. After a night of rest I am able to post the prompts I have for each topic. I encourage us to work together to come up with plot and story and how we want things to go. The best part of roleplay is working together and communication with one another :)

Lovecraftian/Eldritch

A group of new recruits have been brought to the Arctic research facility. A new location, extra volunteers have been recruited to help Traick Industries extract oil from deep beneath the permafrost.

When there, they are introduced to Researcher A, someone who has been here for a few months now. Known as a strange one, everyone else believes Researcher A is talking nonsense about creatures that lurk in the wilds. Not the wolves or the polar bears, but something…more. With multiple glowing eyes and sharp teeth. Researcher A has only seen it once but is scared that it will return.

What happens over time, when the new scientists begin to settle, and the lights start flickering?

Exploration

It’s a big universe out there, and someone must explore it. Boarding the S.S Rava, a top-of-the-line Traick Corp vessel, travellers, merchants, and more are ready to sail to the Planet Ovar, a large trading hub in the galaxy.

As the ship starts to sail, people mingle and get to know each other, the ship is large and expensive, with lots to do on board to keep folks entertained.

However, as they reach the Renar Asteroid Field, disaster strikes. The ship is directed into the path of an unknown race of aliens, who are quick to attack. People man the escape pods, and some manage to break free seconds before the Rava explodes.

The shockwave causes the smaller pods to separate, veering in different directions. What will happen to those on the smaller pod?

Pirates

The ocean is full of wealth if you know where to look. Join the crew of the of the Nightingale, a fast ship with a dark history. Travel the world, see the sights, adventure and riches await you.

But something is wrong. The dark history of the Nightingale shrouds the crew in something…unusual. Is it a curse? Is it a figment of the imagination? Why does the stench of death and decay hang over the captain?

Well, no matter, we have ships to plunder and treasure to find! Avast me crew.

Victorian Era

On the rooftops of London, smoke drifts from the chimneys. A dense fog dances through the streets, lamplight doing little to light the path. It’s during this dark that the sleeziest of criminal’s wander. Vagabonds and burglars looking for a quick suspect, or something more serious.

Yet, something even more sinister is lurking the streets of London. Targeting all sorts, from all walks of life. Those that survive comment on a hulking figure, with broad shoulders and a sinister grin. Known as the Smiler, folks are worried about what is going on. Will someone step up to investigate?

Espionage

The East and the West have been at war for years. Destruction on cities and key landmarks have been going on for a long time. The people are tired, hungry, and downtrodden.
For those working on the ground, the time to gather information is now. The governments are suspicious, and the secret police is willing to capture anyone who is suspicious.

As such, spies work together, comradeship is formed between the work and the danger. While information gathering is dangerous, the bombs that fall on the city are even more so.

Can the job be completed without being caught?

---

This is not all set in stone. Feel free to edit or change anything to suit what you want. These are just some ideas :)

Hello!

I'm Syalen and I'm hesitantly looking for a 1X1 RP partner at the moment. I'm rather old school and remember the days of Yahoo Chat/MSN Groups for post by post RP, which is probably dating myself badly.

You mentioned fantasy and your own homebrew/lore, I'd be interested in reading about that and any plots you might have regarding it.

The scif-fi one seems interesting too but I only dabbled once in it and I might not be very skilled, unless I was a civilian of some sort so that any errors could be excused.

I wish I had played D&D, the campaign's seem very fun. I know of them and don't mind researching rules/characters/ect., If need be but I don't like being overly restricted with "that's not in the book" talk.

I'm ok without the romance aspect, but do like comradery/bonding/platonic. I often enjoy juggling more than one character or NPC (I don't need to but I'm not afraid of it), I love characters with humour but also enjoy darker/serious/even morbid storylines. Putting my characters through varying situations, from euphoric to soul shattering, is always a fun time as long as it fits the story.

I'm not interested in fanfiction, which is what makes me feel rather lost on this site. I enjoy my own version of fantasy world/original takes or a combination of my favourite fantasy books worlds, just not specific. I'm not huge on following strict fantasy rules but I do agree some rules are needed. For example, I do not enjoy overpowered/godly characters.

I have a hard time selling myself on here...I just really love deep character development, exploration and story/plot development. Writing too! I just have such a hard time writing solo. I enjoy another's contribution. I just haven't branched out in ages for a new writing partner and feel like this is becoming more of a personal ad, haha.

I am not overly skilled in grammar, my level is as seen here.

I cannot post daily due to shift work/family obligations but can guarantee once a week. I am a paragraph poster, but I won't write a page description of someone's clothing or a tree (aka, anything unnecessary).

I enjoy OOC talk for further story development and bouncing ideas off one another. Even if what I have said isn't your cup of tea to RP with, I'm also good with OOC conversations related to anything mentioned above.

Edit: I am also Eastern Daylight Savings Time, so that's 5 hours behind yours? I'm accustomed to roleplaying with your time zone, I once accidentally joined a UK MSN Group at 16 yo and met wonderful roleplayers there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back