• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Looking for sane people.

Historical Storyteller

Four Thousand Club
If you're tired of seeing fandoms, silly romances and all things bizarre then you've come to the right place.

All I want is to make a good story, even if its a short one.

It can be just about anything just message me and we can talk details there.

I do have some preferences however. I prefer realistic characters in a realistic setting. I prefer historical settings. I prefer to explore something that's happened in the past. We'll figure it out, we just have to put in time. Just focus on making your case, try to make that hard sell. If I'm wooed by your charm then hey, I might just go along with your idea instead of what I have in store.

The kind of people I'm looking for are people who can stay conscious for an hour every two days. If you can do that you can write well. Don't worry, this is a pretty high bar for most people already. I don't ask for much, I ask for a little and want to have at least that.

By the way, I had to pick a tag so I just went with the Ninja one. Didn't know what else to pick.

ALSO, if you are just bored and want to chat then just talk to me. I'm bored too. I wouldn't be here otherwise.

I'm also proud of this shit post of mine. So if you want to criticize it or point out bad grammar I will respond with even badder grammar.

I wanna set a rule. No fetishes or weird fantasies. If you have them keep them to yourself.

Hey, how long do I have to wait for a reply? Just a question to all of you out there.

Hmm, you know, I don't ban fandoms. I'm just not familiar with them so I'll have a hard time keeping up. But if you make you case exciting enough, say that you want a bunch of pokemon armed with AK-47s robbing countryside banks then I'm fucking in, bro.

On the flipside if you want a serious, realistic RP then we may actually have to fucking study. We'll have to hit the books. And we may even have to study other languages a bit before we hop in. I'm serious, man. Just so we can finish the story we can cut it to a few scenes instead of letting it stretch out to a novel. These are my thoughts, I'm open to suggestions if you have any.

Hey, while I do like things researched and realistic and all, I just want things to be served raw, you know? Don't hold back the emotion, just let it all out. All this research shit is just so we can remain faithful to the setting. Don't think you'll be spending weeks reading about something you'll barely even use. Well, you might. But don't think you'll do it alone. You just gotta do things bit by bit. Don't take it all at once. It'll knock you out, buster. Push yourself a little bit at a time and before you know it you'll be taking off full throttle.

Hmm, you know, I'm feeling lucky. I'll give you all a test of sorts. Tell me, what're your favorite shows? Your favorite books? Give one or three or give them all. I don't care. Just show me what you've got, man.

In the meantime, I'll just wait for a while, maybe sleep. Maybe I'll reply an hour from now or I'll reply in twelve hours or maybe sixteen hours. Maybe I'll reply in the next twenty-four hours. Maybe I'll forget about this and reply only three days later. A lot of maybes.

Oh shit, there's 6 people viewing this thread. Am I going to get bombarded by messages in the next 30 minutes? God save me.

Welp, fun didn't last long. I'll just wait for a couple of weeks then call it a day.

Last edited:
hello again XD haven't seen you in bloody' ages mate! :3

This was SO much fun to read.
Ahhh i don't have enough time for another RP but im so intrigued! I definitely wouldn't be able to respond ever second day. Maybe even not every single weekend (Depending on time, the amount I would write, muse, research... but I would love to get into some kind of historic setting. Though you said you don't really role-play fandoms I'd have an Idea that could totally fit (do you know outlander?). We'd have some plotting to do, to keep it interesting, but that's usually the case haha. Well, you can just pm me or message me on Discord, if you want. Even if we don't end up RPing, I'd be down to just chat. you seem nice ^^
Oh, favorite shows... Outlander, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Castle, Supernatural, Doctor Who
there are a lot more that I like, but thats enough for now. Same with books: Harry Potter, the hunger games, scythe, everyone brave is forgiven, Illuminae
(I'm too tired to care about upper or lower case right now)

That's a lot of people, you guys might want to start standing in line.

hello again XD haven't seen you in bloody' ages mate! :3

Hold on, did I see you in that Japanese fantasy RP or am I mistaken?

I’d be glad to roleplay or talk, if you’re still looking :)

Send me a message man, we'll talk it out.

What historical settings are you interested in?

A medieval England setting or a WW2 one. I'm not too crazy about them so I'm fuzzy on the details, but I can study them anytime I want to.

This was SO much fun to read.
Ahhh i don't have enough time for another RP but im so intrigued! I definitely wouldn't be able to respond ever second day. Maybe even not every single weekend (Depending on time, the amount I would write, muse, research... but I would love to get into some kind of historic setting. Though you said you don't really role-play fandoms I'd have an Idea that could totally fit (do you know outlander?). We'd have some plotting to do, to keep it interesting, but that's usually the case haha. Well, you can just pm me or message me on Discord, if you want. Even if we don't end up RPing, I'd be down to just chat. you seem nice ^^
Oh, favorite shows... Outlander, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Castle, Supernatural, Doctor Who
there are a lot more that I like, but thats enough for now. Same with books: Harry Potter, the hunger games, scythe, everyone brave is forgiven, Illuminae
(I'm too tired to care about upper or lower case right now)

I don't really know any of those shows, man. As for a historic setting, maybe we could go for something . . . in the Dark Ages, the Iron Age or some age where there are few people and lots of nature. We can throw in mythical beasts while we're at it. Sound good?

That's a lot of people, you guys might want to start standing in line.

Hold on, did I see you in that Japanese fantasy RP or am I mistaken?

Send me a message man, we'll talk it out.

A medieval England setting or a WW2 one. I'm not too crazy about them so I'm fuzzy on the details, but I can study them anytime I want to.

I don't really know any of those shows, man. As for a historic setting, maybe we could go for something . . . in the Dark Ages, the Iron Age or some age where there are few people and lots of nature. We can throw in mythical beasts while we're at it. Sound good?
*flails* maybe~…. :3

*flails* maybe~…. :3

You don't remember it?

AND YES, I can see you all watching this thread. Just speak your mind while I'm still here. I got time.

I'm still trying to figure out what you guys want. It is torture. You can help by giving me a hint or two.

Say, I got an idea. You can run any kind of story you want. Any kind. It can be in any historical setting. Any time, any place, anywhere. Just tell me where you got the idea from and then we can talk about it. Once I get the idea right we can run the story. Does this sound like a good deal to you?

I got something to offer on my own. I have three stories. One is the San Francisco Shipping Conspiracy of WW1 where a group of German patriots supplied coal to some German Asiatic Squadron during the war. Another is Gulag: Memories of an American in Hitler's Army and Stalin's Gulag. The author, Peter Schwarzlose, was an American that fought in the German Army and later became a POW of the Soviets. And well. . . I want to do a story on some animals or pokemon robbing countryside banks for no good reason. It should take inspiration from Penguin Memories, the aesthetic, time period and general rural feel of the movie.

While you're here tell me about yourselves. Just so I have a little idea of what to expect from you guys. Nothing's worse than false expectations, friend. Nobody can work with that. As for me, I'm a Filipino college student that collects books and videos from the internet. I read, I watch and I learn. I'm no cowboy, I don't lead any exciting lifestyle I just sit and wait for things to happen. Story of my life right there. I'm not much of an actor, I'm more of a. . . reactor.

Last edited:

If we are to many people for you to handle all at once im fine with waiting or taking it very slow, really.

To sum up the plot of Outlander: A woman from 1945 gets teleported back in time through some standing stones in Scotland. Arrives back in 1743 and has to figure out her life there (meeting Scots, getting herself in danger, finding love, trying to find a way back ...). That was just an idea for a concept since you like historical settings and mentioned fandoms (I never wrote any RP based on a fandom either and would definitely still use OCs. ).

To be honest I know pretty much nothing about the dark ages (isn't that just a term to refer to times that couldn't be research properly?) or the Iron Age. Would be a very daring choice but if you'd be find with explaining a lot and me taking time to read into it, I wouldn't say no.
Mythical beasts sound super fun though!

If this thread gets too confusing with so many people talking we can move to PMs any time haha

If we are to many people for you to handle all at once im fine with waiting or taking it very slow, really.

To sum up the plot of Outlander: A woman from 1945 gets teleported back in time through some standing stones in Scotland. Arrives back in 1743 and has to figure out her life there (meeting Scots, getting herself in danger, finding love, trying to find a way back ...). That was just an idea for a concept since you like historical settings and mentioned fandoms (I never wrote any RP based on a fandom either and would definitely still use OCs. ).

To be honest I know pretty much nothing about the dark ages (isn't that just a term to refer to times that couldn't be research properly?) or the Iron Age. Would be a very daring choice but if you'd be find with explaining a lot and me taking time to read into it, I wouldn't say no.
Mythical beasts sound super fun though!

If this thread gets too confusing with so many people talking we can move to PMs any time haha

The pace of people talking here's pretty slow, so its okay. Fire out as many replies as you can.

Well, that plot of Outlander reminds me of the Conneticut Yankee from King Arthur's Court. A guy from the 20th century named Morgan gets knocked out and sent to England in Arthur's time. This guy builds all sorts of stuff to gain an edge over the people here and he successfully convinces them he's a powerful magician. I've revealed too many spoilers already so you gotta read it for yourself to find it all out. It ain't well-researched but its a classic novel written by Mark Twain.

Sure, we can do something like Outlander, with the time-travel and 1740's Scotland. Just give me a couple of days and a couple of sources too so I can study it in time. Then I'll be ready and will start a roleplay with you. I may take a week or so, but I'll try to do things quick and in order. Its just a matter of doing a thorough job.

I'm thinking a small Southern town full of murder, mystery, and mayhem. (And maybe a ghost or two.)

I'm not so familiar with the south actually. All that comes to mind is people speaking funny accents, huge houses out in the open, a bunch of conservative folk, some farmers maybe and lots and lots of nature. I have more a blurry and flawed picture of the south than anything. So I'm afraid I can't represent them well if I put it to writing, but I can try.

By the way, I'm still looking for sane people. Someone who can write please and someone who can keep up with my brainstorming. At least someone who gets what I'm saying and actually pays attention. Please, I'm begging you, man. If you're gonna make a story with me you might as well actually listen to my message. We'll agree and disagree but that's just part of the process, we can deal with that! But man, I can't deal with a one-way street where its all give and no take. You can be relaxed, yes, but don't be lazy. That kills more stories than I could count. I need a competent partner, not just someone who has a pulse.

Hey, Im so sorry: I won't be able to pick up a RP with you in the near future due to uni related reasons... I was so looking forward to it, but I can't fit it in right now. Maybe we can keep each other in mind and I'll message you when I have enough capacities again ;)

That Mark Twain book sounds very funny. I already added it to my reading list :)

We can still chat on Discord or via PMs any time, if you want (or get the process started reeeallly really slowly. I prefer discord for ooc chatting anyway).

Hey, Im so sorry: I won't be able to pick up a RP with you in the near future due to uni related reasons... I was so looking forward to it, but I can't fit it in right now. Maybe we can keep each other in mind and I'll message you when I have enough capacities again ;)

That Mark Twain book sounds very funny. I already added it to my reading list :)

We can still chat on Discord or via PMs any time, if you want (or get the process started reeeallly really slowly. I prefer discord for ooc chatting anyway).

All right, catch ya later, man. I finally found a sane person and well, I guess I'll go get to writing then. When I have free time you can chat with me but recently I've been spending more and more of my free time with myself. So, I can't guarantee any swift replies. Just leave a message and I'll get to ya.

Welp, if you're still looking for someone sane, I'm here. This thread kicks ass and I'm interested.

(As for favorites, hm... All I can think of right now is Spontaneous. As to what that is, I'll have to leave you with the fact that I had to google "book where people blow up".)

Well, I've found someone. Been with him for a while now. I'm still trying to get the hang of the story, haven't even made the introductory post yet. But I'm pretty sure it'll be written sooner or later, its not a matter of if but when.

Welp, if you're still looking for someone sane, I'm here. This thread kicks ass and I'm interested.

(As for favorites, hm... All I can think of right now is Spontaneous. As to what that is, I'll have to leave you with the fact that I had to google "book where people blow up".)

Meh, I'm bored. Wanna talk about anything?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back