• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for RP partner--mostly original universe

selvorix

Hey, I'm Selvorix, and I'm in my 20s. I roleplayed with friends when I was a teen and I'm looking to begin roleplaying again.

Length: When I roleplayed before I mostly did script/semi-lit. I'm hoping to do semi-lit (ish), with responses mostly falling within 100 to 250 words. I think roleplay is more fun when players can actually be responsive to each other's words and actions rather than filling out huge essays.

Partner: I prefer that you be 18+ but it's not a hard requirement. You should have decent grammar and spelling. Otherwise, expect me to be really annoying and correct you on it. I would love multiple replies every day, but I understand not everyone can manage that.

Romance: I am fine with it, but would also enjoy a roleplay with no romantic aspects. Characters in pairings will have to be 18+. I will play any gender (male, female, nb) in a pairing with any gender. I'm particularly interested in playing a non-binary character with a female love interest.

Fandoms: Naruto, Stardew Valley, Hunter x Hunter, Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts, Narnia--but I prefer original universe.

Genres/Settings: I'm looking at adventure, drama, sci-fi, slice-of-life, utopia/dystopia. Not too into crime/horror. Historical, modern, and futuristic universes are all fine. The universe can be realistic or contain some fantasy elements. I'm open to brainstorming together.

Themes/Motifs: Social justice, economic inequality, power and corruption, family drama/tensions, return to nature, loneliness, hidden identity, LGBTQ.

Plots: I'm just going to throw out a bunch of ideas that I like so you can see what I'm into. I'm not tied to any particular one.
  1. Girl escapes from arranged marriage, joins a coven of nature witches who nurture and educate her and build her self-worth. Can be set in any place and time period where arranged marriage exists/existed.
  2. Alternate, darker Stardew Valley that takes place in Zuzu City. Main characters must try to heal themselves and their communities, and fight off despair and dysfunction.
  3. 99% of human civilization toils away in factories and workshops, not realizing that they're all living underground, the sky is fake, and the 1% lives above them--where the real sun shines--and profits off their labor.
  4. Adventurers "discover" a new continent, but accidentally spread a deadly disease to the indigenous people, and must race against time to try to cure them.
  5. Medieval fantasy village is home to a thriving arts guild. Up-and-coming printmaker falls for the local apothecary, and also annoys a lot of older, more established artists with their outspoken views.
  6. Neighbors initially hate each other, but are drawn to each other over time. Could be a COVID story, doesn't have to be.
  7. Entitled prince journeys to reclaim a lost kingdom in accordance with a prophecy, only to realize that the prophecy was meant for someone else all along. (Prince x bodyguard?)
  8. Main characters are coworkers/classmates who hate each other. However, their paths happen to cross online (they're webtoon authors, fanfiction writers, or some such) and they develop mutual feelings of admiration (+attraction?), all without knowing that the other person is someone they actually know and hate.
  9. Busy young professional has recurring dreams of a futuristic utopia. However, in all of these dreams they find mysterious echoes of their older sibling who committed suicide. They have to live with and interpret these dreams while also trying to figure out their way in the world.
  10. Humanity lives in a utopian future where the environment is protected, racism and sexism are fading into history, and ethical, sustainable, local methods of production have replaced the systems we have now. However, we're still working out the kinks of this system. The characters could be a cast of 4 or more roommates/neighbors in a single building, each with their own unique perspective of the "future".

If you've gotten this far: please let me know if you're interested in any of my ideas. Or if you have an idea that you think we could execute together. I hope to find a good partner here who shares my creative passions.

Last edited:
Bump--found a lot of cool new people, but am in the early stages of starting threads and could still fit in one more in case something doesn't work out.

I love the sound of your fifth prompt, the artist/apothecary! Still open for more partners?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back