• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

RomanticAftermath

Greetings!

Thanks for coming to give my first post a view! I'm brand new to the site but from what I've seen I'll quickly find my place here. None of that fancy BBcode stuff here yet!

Now onto what I am searching for, and what I bring to the table!​

I am looking for 1-3 partners for long-term stories, either in developed worlds or ones we can create together.

I prefer original characters over cannon since a cannon character usually has a set story and personality, which I usually feel limited by if I'm playing one, not to mention a lot of these cannons I have no idea about besides the names! Though for the right partners I'll gladly research and jump into a cannon world for that rich new experience

18+ - I'm 26 as of right now and I enjoy being partners with people around my age group. I'll make some exceptions if the plot is worth it but generally I don't feel comfortable with the large age gap

Literacy- Now I'm not very hard on my partners when it comes to their part of the roleplay, but a basic comprehension of the English language is a big plus. Nothing is worse than having to read through abbreviated words and mistakes through the roleplay that could mean several different things.

Response Sizes- I'm generally between the range of 1-2 paragraphs but when I'm delved deep into the story it tends to uptick. If I send a few paragraphs and my partner sends a one-sentence response it hurts at times, since I'm putting thought into something that isn't being reciprocated.
Response Times- I use roleplay as an escape after work while in discord with my friends so my response times are fairly frequent from a few hours if I'm at work or a few minutes if we are at an important part of the storyline. I see a lot of 1 week response times which I feel like wouldn't feed my craving, but also could just replace the time with multiple partners

Ghosting- I know everyone has a real-life outside the forums so I can understand if you must take a break, but make sure to give me a heads-up first! If you just disappear for a month without a word then don't expect the roleplay to be easily resumed

OOC- Honestly I'm a big introvert in real life but I love talking with people over discord or forums. OOC discussions are a big part of being a roleplay partner since I enjoy multiple things like games, books, and shows.

Plots & Storylines- I am fairly experienced with both world-building and small-scale plot building though I love discussing things with my partners since it's an equal share of interest(At least I hope!). I'm open to most plots and stories if they are well planned.

Interests
  • Action - Who doesn't love a good action-packed story full of strife and battles?
  • Slice of Life- Mundane? More like Fun, dang!
  • Romance- A good heart-throb between characters always send thrills through me
  • Sci-Fi- Robots? Futuretech? Space and galactic civilizations? Yes, please!
  • Medieval- Let me be a knight or a peasant, a lord or a servant! Relive the ages of yore through our characters!
  • Modern- A savvy businessman? Simple shopowner trying to get through life? A student that is discovering themself in college?
  • Horror- Stranded, left without help or a way out, maybe someone is hunting you down. Maybe a ghost is out for revenge, what did you do!?
  • Apocalyptic/Dystopian- Years have gone by since the great disaster, setting humanity back to the dark days, with no hope in sight. A group slowly forms, trying to find a place in what remains of their once great world. Or maybe war breaks out, you are just trying to survive with what little skills you have, maybe enlist and realize your group is doomed. Aliens or demons attack? Who knows
  • Wuxia/Xuanxia- The search for immortality, the path of the great dao, maybe a genius knocked down to a lowly servant whose talent has gone missing. Reincarnated soulmates that are cursed to go on forever, trying to find their other half, just for bad things to happen again and again, in their attempts to finally reunite
  • Fantasy- Dragons? Magic? Adventure!!

Surely I'll slowly add more to this post or make a new one, once I get the formatting and what I truly want down on paper! If you have any questions or are interested in developing characters and worlds together don't hesitate to message me!

Also my timezone is EST which I think is important to me! Fine with most times but I feel bad when I sleep and miss a response by half a day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back