• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Automatos

Forgot about this place for a while since all of my rp stuff went quiet, but with being stuck at home and all, figured my schedule is free enough. A Lot of this is copied form my original post, but seeing as it's over a year old, I figured I'd give it a refresh.

About Me
I'm an early 20's dude who's finishing up an engineering degree in a few months. I also work full time, but with everything (work and school) being online now, I find myself with a lot more free time.

As long as I'm not getting hounded daily to respond, I do my best to be consistent with responses, with a promised minimum of 2 responses a week. I also won't bother someone else, as I'm assuming they're busy too. If more than a week goes by though, poke me. I might think that I already responded and I didn't actually respond. If we go to Discord, I'll be a lot more responsive, as I have it on all of my devices, but that doesn't mean I'll rp only on there! I have no preference between on here and on there. Even if I don't post in a given day, I'm down for OOC conversations!

I've been rping for many years at this point, but the deeper I go into engineering the worst my English gets. I'll make typos and break sentence structure, but hopefully those are rare! Especially since there's so many things that will squiggle at you if you misspell something. I mostly expect the same out of whoever I'm rping with. Chatspeak can drive me up a wall, as a heads up, but normal abbreviations are more than welcome. I give what I'm given, and my intro posts can be an impressive wall, while other posts may only be about as deep as a pond. Definitely no one liners, as they're near impossible to bounce back from. If a fight or something that has heavy reliance on the following post happens, that's fine, but there's always more to tell than just one singular action!

I do third person rps only! First person confuses me too much. I can juggle comfortably up to 2 characters, 3 starts to hurt but is still doable. NPCs are cool too, as long as they're balanced between me and you.

With fandom stuff, I won't rp as/with established characters. OC's only please! I don't mind them being referenced, but that's about as close as I want to go.

Speaking of OCs, seems like a lot of posts around here definitely mention pairings. I'm cool with it, I'm cool with anything. I mostly RP dudes, with the rare lady as a heads up. I won't go out of my way to ask for pairings, so if you want any, bring it up, otherwise I'm assuming it won't be a thing. I have about three or four characters that could fit to a lot of the things I'm looking for, as a heads up! One of them is more antagonistic, the rest usually aren't.

Interests
Main things I'm looking for are bold!
Dragon Age
Elder Scrolls
Fullmetal Alchemist
Pokemon: Trainer or Gijinka
TWEWY
(I've never had a successful rp of this!)
Zoids
Ask!

If you're interested in world building shenanigans, hit me up for this one! This is also one I'm interested in building as a group of three, but I'm definitely okay to see how it goes and grows with one other person. There's a lot of rambling that goes into this due to the amount of work I've put into it, but its basic idea I was running with is as follows:

Spirits of dragons, both catastrophic and courageous, were slain by a number of people around the known world for any number of reasons. Their spirits were split between two objects, the weapon that slain them and some other item that resonated with them. Time wore away all memories of these items, and thus the dragon spirits have slumbered since. The world is now growing with magic and technology intertwined, and the ancient knowledge is resurfacing, whether through accidents or intent.

This one would probably be best to have doubling up on characters, depending on how much of the world build/scope we want to use! Since I originally posted this I've lost the main material for this (or deleted it, who knows), but I have a pretty solid idea of general rules/magic/etc for this realm. Character types are extremely open in this, such as adventurers vs nobility vs mages vs assassins vs the common shopkeep, doesn't matter. Time setting can be open too, I've always imagined it as more on the medieval side, but time could have definitely advanced to much later times. Ancient dragons in a future city maybe? This is definitely something I'm really looking forward to!

I enjoy fantasy in general (high or low, doesn't matter), however here's a short list of things I like/I like included in other stuff:
Cybernetics
Dragons
Kingdoms
Magic (mages, templars, wizards, warlocks, etc)
Pirates
Robotics

Old one first!

Renato went about his morning, going through his daily routine without much thought. His mind wandered to the newly acquired salamander sunning itself in the rising sun, its clear case sitting next to a window. It was weird, not like the other salamanders Renato has owned. It was definitely larger, which really wasn't an issue, but there were these strange lumps on its back. Doctors said it was perfectly fine. Maybe it was bones or ridges? Who knew.

As the sandy haired man sat in his room, his one and only room, he examined the sleeping reptile once more. It was even larger than yesterday, it would outgrow its container in a mere handful of days if this kept up. The scales were shining on the small creature, a brilliant saffron color crossed most of them. A few black bands striped across its back, and was that something shiny underneath it? Renato eyed the creature, sleeping happily on what looked like a few coins. He stood up, crossing the room to loom over the container, eyeing the creature. "If the dragon trade weren't so restricted, I'd wager you're one of them, little friend," he murmured to the lizard, gently freeing the pocket change from it. A small hiss erupted from the lizard, but it relented as Renato's hands were well away from it. With the newfound change, Renato went on his way, planning to stop and get a quick meal before reaching his work.

The mysterious lizard did grow in size over the following weeks, officially claiming the coffee table as its almost too small bed. Small wings sprouted from its back where the ridges once were, though the wings were still too small to keep the creature aloft for long. Intimidating claws gently stretched over a pile of coins at the side of the low coffee table, pillaged from the neighbors. Renato had to apologize more than a few times that his lizard broke their windows to steal their change jars. He was mildly surprised no one had come to investigate his not dragon yet, the little guy grew on Renato and he wouldn't know what he would do if someone knocked at the door to take the lizard away. It was only a few nights ago that the not dragon protected its human from a burglar, which had him worried someone would come to confiscate it. Dragons were not allowed to be owned by the common folk, not even a good standing mage like the sandy haired man. Ingvar, as Renato called it, didn't know the laws. It wasn't its job. Its job was to pretty much be Renato's guard cat. Its vibrant scales only became brighter, the black bands contrasting deeply and becoming more common. Renato could stare at the beauty of the dragon for hours, grinning to himself at how lucky he was. All in all, what was saving it most so far was that the neighbors were always in awe by Ingvar when it came to visit. It did a great job at keeping the vermin levels down, ignoring more intelligent creatures for the simple, easy to grab meals.

Then one day Miss Tosetti came by for a visit. Ingvar was gone, flying the skies in search of treasure, its current pile tucked neatly under the coffee table as Renato had decided to spend his off day cleaning. Rita Tosetti was a name that appeared often in the headlines, a formidable tracker who had risen to fame. She seemed polite as Renato opened the door, staring down the smaller human. "Mr. Mosconi," she started. "We've reports of a fairly impressive creature flying around this area."

And another one, more recent!
Tiago grinned. The elder mage was finally graced by the presence of one of the most talented mages of the younger generations. For so long every mage leaned to a pole, fire or water, earth or air, life or death. The one sitting in front of him, though, finally realized how dumb that was. She tried using both fire and air. All kids these days were sent to some general classes to help them figure out what magic they were naturally inclined to, but this stubborn one. He had read the school reports on this one. Fighting constantly, stubbornly defying everyone telling her to pick a magic and stick to it, unruliness in the classroom. She believed with her being that using only one magic was a terrible way forward. Tiago agreed. However, no matter how hard headed a mage was, they had to fight their natural inclination to achieve secondary magic. The world was right, in a way, to teach kids only one style once they figure out what their style is. But Otavia Ferreyra did it. And she was fidgeting there, dressed up well out of her norm. He could always tell, parents dressed their kids impressively, as if that meant anything to their magical prowess. Truly dedicated mages barely cared to get out of their pajamas by noon, robes made it all too easy.

"What makes you interested in my school, Miss Ferreyra?" Tiago Soares started, letting the conversation crawl through the usual questioning. Her answers always matched the reports, hot headed, quick with a retort, but her heart was in the right place. His grin never faltered, and soon enough Tiago sent the child off with a closed envelope, making her promise to not open it until her parents were around to see the news. He had to make sure to keep an eye on that one in his school, he didn't want to repeat the last time a talented mage flew under his wing.

Hi! I have a lot of free time on my hands right now too. While my responses can be on the shorter side, if I’m really inspired and interested in a plot, I can write a lot more. I try to match my partner’s post length. I have a few original ideas and pairings to work off of if you want to plot together. I have discord if you want to add me on there, it’s emotionalwreck4#3339. Looking forward to your reply

FlorenceTheDragonGirl FlorenceTheDragonGirl

Think I finally remembered the ping function on here, feel free to hit me up with those ideas! I'm cool with on this thread or over PM!

emotionalwreck4 emotionalwreck4

Short responses are perfectly fine by me! The only thing that really ever bothers me is a one liner unless someone is feeling a funk or it's just impossible to give more than one line. I'll hit you up on a private message tomorrow for more information!

Interested in your original plot. Not to toot my own horn but I am pretty decent at world-building and have been itching for an RP along the lines of yours. Semi-literate to literate/2-4 paragraph responses. Pretty new to this site, but I have been roleplaying for about 5 or 6 years and am rather adaptable to slow responses or RP styles. I hope we can achieve a successful RP together & if not that you have a lovely day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back