• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for one or two more stories to write.

Imaginarium

The Wandering Mind
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello.

<Insert comment about search thread #98564124512 here>

Anyway, now that we have the formalities done: I'm looking for one or two more stories to write and thus one or two people to write them with.

What I expect from you:
  • Be 18+
  • Have a decent mastery of the English language. Doesn't have to be perfect, I'm not a native speaker either.
  • Have some imagination. Angsty emo guy/girl with daddy issues has been written about quite extensively, please choose another character.
  • Contribute to the story development and actively introduce plot elements to the story.
  • Post once a week and let me know if you're going away for a while. I assume people ghosted after two weeks of radio silence.
  • On the topic of ghosting: It's fine. Maybe something urgent happened, maybe you're uncomfortable telling people you don't like the story anymore. Maybe you need a break. You can even come back later and we can continue the story. If at that point I don't feel the story anymore, we can start a new one.
  • If you get triggered easily, we will not work well together.
What you can expect from me:
  • Replies at least once every few days, depending on my scedule and inspiration.
  • I usually end up mirror posting, so what you give is what you get. Unless I get inspired, in which case you'll get half a novel's worth of content.
  • I don't really care how long your post is, as long as I have something to reply to and it was a good read. If you can manage that in a one-liner, I'll actually be impressed. Given the length of a line on this site, I'm highly doubtful you'll ever get it.
  • I play multiple characters by default.
  • I write English well enough and run everything through the spellchecker to make sure you don't have to decode my message prior to reading.
  • I can write as any sort of character and actively seek to broaden the scope, since I aim to be able to portray a wide array of characters in hopes of writing an actual novel one day.
  • If I don't understand something, I will ask before proceeding.
  • If I want/need to drop the story, I will tell you. I will also tell you if I need to take a break due to scedule issues. I do have times where my workload expands to like 15-16 hours a day.

If you're still here and I don't sound like too much of a dick ( and if I do at least make it a sizable one), I will list the genres I am interested in down below.

For fandom rpers: You can suggest it, but chances are pretty high I won't know it. I haven't watched animes for years, apart from some parody shows like One Punch Man, The disastrous like of Saiki K and Cautious Hero, for the sheer depths of parody on the usual tropes. And if I do know it, I'll only play with OC characters. We can always borrow elements from a show/movie/book, though. Say, write a story about the First Age of Middle Earth, completely unrelated to the stories of JRR Tolkien.

Genres:
  • Fantasy
  • Sci-fi
  • Cyberpunk
  • Dieselpunk
  • Apocalyptic (No zombies, sorry. Done that way too often already.)
  • "Humanity, Fuck Yeah!" (check the subreddit) --> Turn the Sci-fi trope upside down. Humans are now the OP race in the universe. Can apply to fantasy as well.
Sub-plots:
  • Action
  • Adventure
  • Mystery
  • Romance/slice-of-life

Actual plots:

<Actual plots will be listed here if I come up with anything good>

Thanks for reading and have a nice day.

I'd love to try a slice of life type of story, possible in either a modern, sci-fi or fantasy setting. I've got quite a few ideas for this in fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back