• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Looking for old Homeworld veterans who would like to help me desing a RPG based on Homeworld 1

Mr.Sandstorm

Casualy coming your way, stand by.
Note: This is a repost of a "rally" I atempted at the Video Games subforum. My post there doesnt seem to have caught anyone's attention, so I thought I should try it again here.

While I'm quite new to the Homeworld series (havent even finished the first game yet), It's definitely been a very captivating universe, well at least intelectualy. I'm only picking up my pace on the first game recently, but the setting is quite unique in it's nature, and the Middle-East-to-Central-Asia inspiration glued to my head quitewell.
The mythos of the game is just so original, I'd love to make a RP out of it.

So, I've been tinkering with the idea of making a RP based on the story of Homeworld 1. But, considering the heavy focus that both starship combat and RTS recieve, I feel that I might want to use a system for the RP. The thing is, DnD, Cogent or Pathfinder will doubtfuly work for a thematic centered so much on spaceships.

I'm already aware of the RPG systems tailored for "spaceship" games, but I've been entertaining the idea of creating an original system that, while probably borrowing heavily from other systems, would fit the mechanics of Homeworld much better. This system would have to be suited to allow the same factors and strategies that the Homeworld series (altough I'd prefer to keep the focus on the mechanics of the first game) upholds, and also work for character development and interaction, since I do plan to have personal moments as well as ship combat.
And for that to happen, I'm gonna need some Homeworld veterans who would be willing to talk roleplaying systems with me.

If this picks up, we might even play a RP based on the story of the first game's campaing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back