• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for Mature Players (18+) sandbox like

Quick Author's note
I'm going to be blunt. I want reliable RPers. I tend to focus on numbers and details. I'm not very big on nice flowery romances with cool and edgy characters. I want players that understand even in fantasy humans are flawed and broken things that can only improve before they die. If you're here to be a cool edgy warrior who has no desire to grow with the party please leave. This is for a party who by the end of it all will hopefully foster a friendship both in and out of the RP. I came from a 2 year long Roll 20 group. At the end of my time in it, I can honestly say I hated some of those characters, but I was friends with many of my fellow players. I want to foster that type of relationship. Along with that, I'm used to stats, dice and things being done last second so please be patient with me.

Expectations
  • IC VS OOC- Don't get your feelings hurt, this is an RP. If someone's character thinks your character is dead weight fair is fair don't take it personally. I hated my friend's character in my old roll 20 RP. I was still friends with him outside of it. It's nothing personal when I decided to raze his village... I just hated his character.
  • Romance Archs- Not romantically oriented, we aren't going to do a ridiculous quest line and press pause on the whole world ending event for your characters to have a beautiful wedding on top of Mount Doom.... I mean we can, but the world will probably continue to have the world ending event.
  • Commitment- This will be a long term RP. Expect waiting days for responses from your fellows, life is a terrible foe we all face. It sucks and if it comes down to it I'll make the GM call, but we will start on a lenient note.
  • Communication- I like to think I'm a reasonable guy. You want to go on vacation, or your date is extra demanding just tell us. We can easily take a short rest and wait for your return, or we can just give you a "side" mission to go on and return when you are ready to return.
  • PLAYER INPUT- Plot, world building and etc. I am absolutely open to it. Send me your ridiculous nobles, the shady criminal organizations and what not. I'll tell you changes to make it fit, why it cannot be done or I love it so much it will be lore. I'm a benevolent god.
  • Realism- I swear to my ancestors if I see a grizzled 18 year old who's been in the military for 3 days but conquered whole nations. I'll...... I'll probably cry and throw my phone at a wall. Then send an apologetic message with recommendations or an attempt to reject the character. This does mean if your character is 14 but is competent. He has to have a decent reason as to why. Child soldier, slave or daddy's little helper I care not just pretend to work in the realms of possibility
  • Character Pasts- I will create NPCs for your past to catch up to you. I'll PM you a heads up on what I have planned to see if it is close to the truth. Otherwise, the village you wrote down you burned down from the past will come back to haunt you. I never enjoyed how man RPs have character background that never get brought up again by GMs. I intend to break that cycle
The Key Point of the RP
  • The Sundering- Every 3 years a hole in reality is ripped open in the sandy wastes where demons pour forth into the world. They attack every kingdom, empire and nation they see.
  • The Fallen Stars- 7 different specific known points where the demons originate from. It is proven that you can destroy them as there used to be 13.
  • Sandbox mechanic- You can be a heroic party of heroes. The spies that rule an empire from the darkness and etc. You are in this world as anything or anyone you want to be. You can be all you can be stealing a quote from the army.
  • Full time GM- I'm currently on a weird work schedule. Because of this, I won't be 100% present. What I can offer you is an impartial game master. I will not have a character in the game, but I will manage all NPCs
  • Monsters, Daemons and NPCs oh my!- You'll be fighting everything from Dragons to drunken wizards.
  • The world goes on without you- If you ignore that ant infestation at that one village don't be surprised to see all the sugar cubes in the village disappear. That goes double to your HQ being under siege. Don't be surprised when you come home to nothing.
  • Technology- At the moment I have steam engines, gunpowder and swords planned. If popular demand says more fantasy then it shall be so.
  • Character Death- Hate to tell you, you jump off a cliff I'm going to dome piece your character
  • Characters- Your character can be of this world or another. I'll leave it at that you are still bound to the tech level of this planet... unless you change it....

I can honestly go on forever, but that's not the goal. A lot is open to change. If you make the request for dwarves, elves or etc. don't say this isn't the RP for me just ask. I'm very open to suggestions. A CS, Nation list and etc if enough interest is gathered.

Wolfblaze7711 Wolfblaze7711

Everything sounds very interesting so far. However, can you elaborate the plot of the actual RP? Or is this going to be a team effort?

This sounds quite awesome! May I express tentative interest for now? I might be a bit busy with some stuff offline in the nearer future, so I can't wholeheartedly promise commitment until I know how much I've actually got on my plate. But if things work out for me time-wise, I'd love to be a part of this!

Everything sounds very interesting so far. However, can you elaborate the plot of the actual RP? Or is this going to be a team effort?
I currently have only one fleshed out plot idea.

Main Idea: You have been summoned to Savos a the tail end of a Great Sundering. You (and the rest of the party) work and bound to a mysterious benefactor known as "Raebyrn" a strong Archmage who's motives are unknown. He pulls people from across the worlds and dimensions to form an odd team for unknown reasons.

RPwise:
This means I can give yall quests while being able to let the party make decisions. His goal will be a secret slowly revealed as the time goes on, but it's pretty obvious he wants something done about the Fallen Stars among other things.
This sounds quite awesome! May I express tentative interest for now? I might be a bit busy with some stuff offline in the nearer future, so I can't wholeheartedly promise commitment until I know how much I've actually got on my plate. But if things work out for me time-wise, I'd love to be a part of this!
Absolutely that is fine. Personally, I will be moving in 2-3 months. Like I said before, it could take days between replies. I only care about length, communication and interest. It's nice to come back on the interwebs to a nice engaging story.

LyannaM LyannaM
Felis Felis
Verena Verena

A Character Sheet will be posted soon along with brief descriptions on the various nations on Savos.

A/N
A quick CS. The stats are a WIP. They probably won't be used unless its PC vs PC or a boss fight. It's more to give a rough idea what your character excels at based in honest to God numbers. If you don't mind PMing me your CS to prevent this thread from exploding in length.

Basic Information

Name: (Full Name)

Alias: (What they go by)

Party Role:

Accent:

Style of Speaking: (Soldiers tend to use a lot of acronyms, A salesman a more polite and charismatic way and a mage a bit more educated)

Volume of Voice: (due to a injury do they always whisper or yell?)

Place of Residence: Prior to summoning

Languages: on this planet are Greek, Latin, English and a plethora of others)

Relationship: (any old flames before being summoned)

Ambitions: (I want to be the best the best there ever was)

Appearance(or Picture)

Race:

Distinguishing features: (did your sister bite you on the stomach and leave a mark there forever)

Tattoos: (certain designs will increase magical power)

Build of body: (Athletic, bulky, barrel chested and etc)

Hair Style:

Piercings:

Skin:

Eyes:

Height:

Weight:

Typical Clothes:

History

Birth Place:

Parents History:

Early Life: (0-6)

Middle Life: (7-18)

Current Life: (18-current)

Education: (from public education to specialized classes. Give a list and brief description)

Personality

Summary:

General Attitude:

General Intelligence:

General Sociability:

Alignment:

Disposition:

Outlook:

Religion/Philosophy:

Sexuality:

Dislikes: (at least 3)

Fears: (at least 2)

Mannerisms: (at least 2)

Misc. Quirks:

Combat

Magical:

Type of Magic:

Fighting style:

Choice if Weapon:

Choice of Armor:

Stats WIP(25 points for use)

Physical Fitness(1-10): How fit are you 1 is never worked out a day in my life 10 Olympic athlete

Ballistics Skill(1-10): accuracy with spells, bows and etc.

Weapons Skill (1-10): Melee based weapons

Endurance/Toughness(1-10) how much does it take to keep you down. 1 is a solid punch to your gut. 10 is Adam Brown level toughness.

Magic Strength:

Energy: The energy you draw upon. Magic is tied to magic as well.

Intelligence: it isn't your traditional intelligence, but how well you understand the world you now inhibit.

Stealth:1= on a good day you can steal a bag of doritos from a dead body. 10 you are so good at stealth no one even knows you
Basic Information

Name: David Lehman

Alias: Sergeant, Dave, The Man

Accent: Southern Drawl

Style of Speaking: He speaks slowly and shifts from topic to topic very quickly.

Volume of Voice: He is always yelling

Place of Residence: Fort Stewart

Languages: English

Relationship:

Sara Lehman- known to marry David solely for the money. Their marriage has produced 3 children. Their marriage is a farce with Sara cheating on David since the injury.

Ambitions: He wants to retire and leave

Appearance(or Picture)

Race: Caucasian from Our Reality

Distinguishing features: A small indention on the top of his head. His hair hides it

Tattoos: None

Build of body: Barrell chested

Hair Style: High and tight

Piercings: None

Skin: white as snow

Eyes: Green

Height: 5'8

Weight: 200lb

Typical Clothes: dad clothes cargo shorts and a stupid T shirt with a one liner with a hat

History

Birth Place: Orlando, FL, from our reality

Parents History: both of his parents served in the army before him. Unfortunately his mom died and his father was always gone.

Early Life: His mom died in childbirth. His Father was always at work. David spent most of this time at home learning to care for himself.

Middle Life: He had failing grades and a lack of motivation. He fell in with the stoners.

Current Life: After 9-11, he enlisted and served 4 combat tours in Iraq. On the last one an IED blew a up and caused massive head trauma. After surgery, he was changed forever. He is currently a drill sergeant as he maintains his facilities, but the army was preparing to medically retire him.

Education:

Public Education- required for David and he was pushed through

Infantryman training- a grueling 16 weeks David thrived. He graduated top of his class learning combatives, marksmanship and other basic tasks.

Airborne- 2 weeks of training. David became qualified in the art of jumping out of perfectly good planes.

Ranger School- 4 months David earned his ranger tab. He excelled as a leader. His squad was always on the top of the list for ability. After the school he was accepted into the 75th Rangers and began his time in Iraq doing 4 combat deployments each lasting 6 months.

Personality

Summary:

General Attitude: Very passionate in helping others. This causes many to see him as weak as due to his injury his tone comes off as about to cry or no idea what he is talking about.

General Intelligence: He's considered a strong ranger not a smart one

General Sociability: He's become more insulated due to his quirks

Alignment: Neutral

Disposition: An erratic and impulse based decision maker

Outlook: Very grim viewing life as a passing fancy

Religion/Philosophy: Former Christian now Nihilist

Sexuality: Straight

Dislikes: Privates, work and his wife

Fears: Loud noises and Bangs

Mannerisms: He always coughs and sneezes into his right arm. He also runs a hand through his hair when stressed.

Misc. Quirks:

Combat

Magical: Nope

Type of Magic: NA

Fighting style: Formerly a breacher, he's always the first one in utilizing explosives and a shotgun.

Choice if Weapon: a Shotgun or knife. He was summoned when he was off duty with only a pistol and 3 magazines

Choice of Armor: Heavier the better

Stats WIP(25 points for use)

Physical Fitness(1-10): 5

Ballistics Skill(1-10): 5

Weapons Skill (1-10): 4

Endurance/Toughness(1-10): 7

Magic Strength: 0

Energy: 4

Intelligence: 0

Stealth: 0

Great! We will be rolling dice I suppose? DnD style?
You will roll with PC vs PC fights. Theoretically, you would roll a D6 to see if you hit and another D6 for damage. A +1 modifier if you have better weapon skill or what not. Still a WIP as I want to research more what works and how to keep it stream line.

A/N
A quick summary your characters will hear about the main nations. There's room for more nations for you to encounter. No map will be provided unless you manage to steal, earn or draw one. The main nations have pages of details written on them so fear not there's plenty more about them.

I intend for the RP to be 5 people. The sooner CS are sent and accepted slots will be filled out. The reason for 5 is so I can focus on you and create a great RP experience rather then a subpar one with everyone doing everything. I'm currently busy right now at work of anything sounds rushed it is. Any questions are welcomed.

Nysinia-
A City State brutally run by a dictator. They are infamous for their professional military and special forces. Their massive walled city is the main reason why they survive The Sunderings. Their special forces, The Tempered Scions are famous for destroying 2 Fallen Stars on their own. They have a few semiautomatic weapons. A jealously guarded secret.

Equitor-
Another Dictatorship, their current leader believes The Sundering should be embraced. Using an irregular army of demons, humans and mutants. He rules his region with an iron fist seeking to beat and control The Kvassian Empire.

Venn'dar-
An island nation run by a democracy where the value of votes is determined by land ownership. They rule the Eastern Isle and frequently fight the Kvassian Empire. They have little in material means scavenging what they can from battle. The best weapons they can make at home is spears. They spend most of their material on ships and cannons.

Kvass-
The Kvassian Empire is the largest nation fighting a grueling 2 front war. They are the last empire that continues to fight The Sundering with everything they have. The Empire is the last hope to Savos to defeat The Sundering. They have ancient technology like the land ships and bolt action rifles.

Kvitova-
Not much is known about the Kvitovan Enclave. All is known is almost all of the people have magical ability. They all are apart of numerous orders, sects and lodges. Their ability determines which faction they join. Each fiction's political strength is determined by how magically powerful their people are.

Once again first come first serve. I'm aiming for 5 players that would make a good party. I also have a slot open for a possible Villian. PM me if you are interested in that specific role.

Party

Party Leader: None
Party Member: None

Villian:

For those still interested, I wish to explain a few things. If you pick lets say an alien from your favorite fandom eg. Elite from Halo, a dragon, or anything non human or could pass as human enough (eg. Elf, Dwarf, and the likes) you won't be able to enter towns unless you do something so good that the town accepts you. That being said it leaves your character in an odd spot. The Kvitovan Enclave will welcome all, so that could potentially be your party's home base if you can make it that far. Non humans will have a boost that agrees with lore in both worlds. This will help balance out and make you the player decide the risk vs reward.

Tattoos will increase certain magical abilities. You can get these in game or during the character creation process. If you do it during the character creation process, I will determine if it does help your character and how. This will be because your character's tattoos are now applying to the new world's magical laws which your characters can figure out if they go down the right "quest chain".

The Villain if someone wants to be the villain will start the game as a party member. This means their betrayal will happen most unexpectedly. In all honesty, it will be determined when or if anyone decides to be the baddies half a dozen people beat up on.

My CS is solely to draw inspiration from. Add more to it especially in your life story. Your life story will determine stats or other special things for you I will write on a doc and later "activate" when the proper moment comes. I currently have no CS sent to me. This means 5 slots are open for now. In the event I do decide on the 5 players, but there's 5 more who wish to join. I may start a parallel campaign where the two parties will be active on the world. This means decisions matter, and the party I assign you could be seen as a villainous group. I also want to say write down what equipment you bring with you. David Lehman was off duty and only had a pistol and some spare ammo which means he has some serious resource scarcity for what weapons he does know. Fear not, if I read your lore and you're missing a valuable piece of equipment or animal companion you may be surprised at what you find.

Best of luck on the character sheets, any questions PM me or ask in the forum I'm more than happy to answer when I can.

LyannaM LyannaM
Felis Felis
Verena Verena
Archdemon Archdemon
mintee mintee
Princess Roomba Princess Roomba
Saturnah Saturnah

Hey! OMG thank you for pointing out the whole 'past catching up to you' thing. This is definitely seems like something I would be interested in. Is a spot still open?

Absolutely, it's a first come first serve situation though. I currently have 3 players for a 5 player party. Potentially 6 players if someone wants to be a baddie.

Just PM it to me to prevent the thread from getting clogged. It also make the characters meeting eachother actually that. They wont know anything about eachother as no one will see each others CS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back