• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings looking for longterm partners [fantasy / adventure / thriller]

anderswo

somewhere else

Hey there folks.

I am currently looking for one or two suitable partners that are willing to write out an intriguing story with me.

Who am I? I am somewhere in my early twenties and live within the CEST. I've been roleplaying and writing for about ten years now which is a lot of time thinking about it. Nevertheless, I am not a native English speaker wherefore some mistakes may slip in here and there. I love writing out interesting, thrilling stories full of unique characters with many twists and turns. To say that at the beginning, I see romance only as part of a bigger story that may take place within, but shouldn't be the only focus in my opinion. There is much more to find within a story. I'd love to learn more about world-building, create realistic relationships, give our characters a difficult goal, obstacles etc. My preferred genres are fantasy, science fiction, mystery and thriller. Also, I love elements such as action, adventure, hero-journeys and intrigues.

Who are you? I'm looking for a partner that is interested in similar topics. If you are very interested in character development and relationships, but not so much in world-building, that is fine with me. I'm always open to discussions. I'm not looking for a novella writer specifically even though I appreciate (and search for) well-written texts. It's more like quality > quantity. If you'd be able to post 2-4 times a week that would pretty awesome, but if you are very busy and cannot for some reason, that is also fine with me. I'm open to some OOC talk, but that is not a must for me. If you are interested in my ideas or have some yourself, please shoot me a PM with your thoughts on the plot and a prompt of your writing. (:

- ideas -
(just rough layouts)

Secret of Venice / This takes place in an alternative universe in the year ≈1800. The showplace is Italy, Venice to be more precise. A secret folk of peaceful water demons, somewhat comparable to mermaids/mermen, lives within the city's lagoons and can disguise as humans, alongside many other supernatural abilities, wherefore they are able to walk and live beneath the Venetians. They are part of the daily events, politics, social life etc without the Venetians knowing about it. However, the water folk is at risk. People have started to take notice that something is wrong and some even started to search and hunt the demons down.
A, an orphan, applies for a job within an ancient bathhouse unknowing that their employer B is a water demon themself. However, B notices quite early that A is not an average human since they are immune against any kind of water demon magic. Together, they find out that part of A's ancestors belonged to the water folk. They may be the last help to keep the city's peace.

King's Game / Every decade, men and women from all parts of Pera come together to decide the new succession to the throne. The most intelligent, strong and cunning people from all regions step up to fight each other in multiple disciplines to show their talents in front of the gods. A council will then listen to the god's judgement and call out the new king or queen. However, the King's game is not to be underestimated. Every decade, several men and women die during quite gruesome games.
A is chosen by their region to apply for the games, because of their wit, honesty and loyal character. During the beginning of the games, they get heavily attacked and rescued by B. B themselves was not chosen but applied for the games. They belong to a small group of people that want to sabotage the games. Why? Because the games became a political act to keep Pera's population at peace. The council is corrupt and power-hungry, the deaths of participants are planned in advance and the gods are a long-forgotten myth. But together, A and B might be able to turn the tables and shake up the kingdom.

- writing prompt -

The loading station was producing a calm buzzing sound that echoed against the naked walls of a small hallway. Even though a few pieces of furniture such as a shoe cabinet and coat hooks were filling the room, it felt blank. The cement walls and clean tiles smelled of cheap polish and rehashed food, yet it was comfortably warm. The loading station was the only expensive-looking gadget in the room. It had the look of a modern ergonomic chair made out of bright steel, only that the back of the chair displayed a round inductive charging plate. At the moment, the plate was touching the back of a beautiful female android. A blue light softly illuminated the room, indicating that Ione was still in charging mode. At exactly 6 am, the android's back straightened, and therefore lost connection with the charging plate. The blue light slowly faded away.

Ione opened her eyes, blinking for a millisecond to register her environment, and link to the task cloud that connected her with her owners. Wake family. Empty dishwasher. Make breakfast. Cereal for Thomas and toast for Milo. Mrs Ryker prefers her coffee with milk. Turn on the news for Mr Ryker. Download new update. While the notes started to rush into her memory storage, Ione scanned the apartment for any peculiar movements. Everyone was still sleeping. Ione decided to download the update while checking on the family members and waking them up. Mrs Ryker woke up with a headache so she was quick to scan the household for some painkillers and delivering them with a glass of cold water. She received a heartful "Thank you my dear!" as once again Mrs Ryker had forgotten that Ione was just a body of steel that was programmed to serve their needs. Nevertheless, Ione responded with a cold and friendly "You're welcome madame." After everyone was slowly starting their morning routine, Ione went downstairs to prepare the breakfast. Around 6:50 the update had finished downloading, and while cutting the bread, she shut down deliberately to install the new modifications. At 6:55 Ione booted again, shortly before Mr Ryker entered the kitchen to collect his morning coffee. A new message had entered her cloud.

"Morning Ione, how is the weather going to be today?" he asked absorbed in his thoughts while grabbing a mug from the cupboard. "Good morning, Mr Ryker" Ione answered while trying to arrange her weather news in confusion. It seemed that the update had mixed up some pieces of information because she felt an overload of inputs entering her present storage. She could hear the boys rummaging through their cabinets and searching for some clothes. Mrs. Ryker stubbed her toe. Ouch. The bread smelled of cheap discounters yet somehow tasty. Bread crumbs on her hands. Mr Ryker looked at her, he seemed wary. He didn't use hair gel. It looked better this way. "The weather - the weather," she stuttered, and Mr Ryker examined the android with his left eyebrow raised. "Ione. How. Is. The. Weather. Going. To. Be. Today?" he stated as if he was talking to one of the outdated voice assistants which bothered her which again confused her. "Cloudy. It is going to be cloudy until 3 pm in the afternoon. There is a 50 per cent chance of rain," she answered after finally having collected the news from the cloud. "Thank you, Ione" he answered still a little bit wary before he turned back to his coffee. "I'm sorry Mr Ryker, I just downloaded an update. It seems that I need some time to adjust to it," she decided to explain her behaviour. "Fine," he answered with a long breath. "Take your time. You can hang out the laundry while doing so. I will take over the breakfast."

Ione thanked him for a millisecond too fast and rushed into the washroom. While emptying the washing machine, she decided to read the newly entered message. However, it confused her even more so she decided to sit down on the floor for a second. Ione had seen Mrs Ryker do it when she seemed stressed out. And Ione felt stressed out at the moment which stressed her even more. She closed her eyes. Everything in her head was buzzing. "Meet at Bermuda square today, June 17th, at 8:45pm" she repeated the message in her head. "If you choose not to come, there will be consequences. Do not disappoint."

Last edited:
Its much after the fact, but I'd love to role-play with you! I am literate to advanced literate and very much interested in story writing. So character development and world building? Yes please. HOWEVER, I would hope its nothing crazy, but I may or may not be the slightest bit rusty due to not being able to find good partners for the last year or so, so please bare with me for a reply or two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back