• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for Long-term Semi-Lit to Lit 1x1 RP Partners! (CLOSED)

Dartwind

ABOUT THE ROLEPLAYER

Howdy, bringing this thread back finally.

My name is Dart, and I am 19 years old, with no preference for any particular pronouns. I have been RPing for quite a few years now, and writing for upwards of seven. I am an artist and writer alike, with a passion for creation and all things new. I would say I'm more of an introvert and a daydreamer, and enjoy socializing online, especially through Discord. I am LGBTQ+ friendly and primarily like human/humanoid RPing.

I RP semi-literate to literate.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR
I am looking for a partner who is over 18 and would be interested in a long term RP that is semi-literate to literate. You must be fairly good with grammar, spacing, and spelling - mistakes are fine, of course, I'm not militant, but please have a good grasp of the English language and be comfortable with writing one to three 3rd person paragraphs (5 or more substantial sentences) per reply - this is a minimum, you can do more! I will match you. I would ask for at least one to two replies a week at a minimum, though more is always appreciated. My average response time differs depending on the post length. If it's a paragraph or so, they'll come out quicker than if I'm writing several, in-depth paragraphs. I am ghost/ditch friendly, but I prefer you tell me. I prefer RPs to have one main character per RPer, though side character usage is fine!

Do not bother applying if...

∆ You are using characters/art that does not belong to you without the artist's EXPLICIT permission.
∆ You dislike the use of human/humanoid characters (furries depend, ask me about them).
∆ You use face claims (I can tolerate them, though) and do not like to have partners without them.
∆ You are uncomfortable with LGBTQ+ characters.
∆ You are not over 18 - I may be slightly lenient on this, but prefer 18+ RP partners. No one under 16, please.
∆ You would like to use any canon character from pre-existing media - this includes expys.
∆ You godmod
- we will NEVER control each other's character, and ask to move characters if it's necessary.
∆ You powerplay - all fights WILL be be decided by dice roll and/or choreography.
∆ You bump excessively - please don't bump me unless it's been a week or two! I am busy IRL.

If you are still interested (and I promise I'm nice, I just wanted to get my points across, haha) then there are plots and inspiration below you can take a gander at!

PLOTS

I have several plots in mind! If you are interested in any of them (or wish to brainstorm with me), please PM me! I will not respond to responses here (I will look at them, of course, but I'll PM you for a reply). I'm also open to discussing new ideas, so check out the inspiration box if you'd like!

If I want to play a specific character, they'll be bolded. I'm open to romantic, platonic, or QPP *pairings!

*And a note on pairings - I can play any gender, but don't particularly care for the protective, "alpha" stereotype male unless he's being brought down a peg or two and develops to be less like that. I tend to play strong-willed girls, not the cutesy kind. I am very fond of role reversals, i.e. girl saves boy, emotionally vulnerable guy, bad girl x good boy, etc. I don't usually do gushy gushy romance stuff, and prefer relationships to occur naturally, being quite slow-burn rather than occurring right away.

Setting: Dark fantasy land populated with the regular fantasy races
Romance: Optional
Genre: Action, Drama, Fantasy
Pairing: Any gender, slight preference to FxF or FxNB - Demon x Summoner
Character Age: Later teens, early adult
Priority: Average

Every 100 years, there is a battle that rages across the land of the Republic of Cyranox meant to determine who gets the privilege of using the Wishing Stone, a powerful stone that grants both magic user and demon a single wish. Magic users of all ages, species, and skill levels will seek out sigils to summon powerful demons to fight in their favor, with the upper class having access to nearly every summoning sigil imaginable... if only they're willing to part with some pocket change, first. There are often thousands of hopeful magic users who join the fight, with highlights being broadcast through scrying mirrors and pools across the land.

Character A is not rich, however. After making a shady deal with an orc in the back of a tavern, they find themselves at long last in the possession of a sigil of a decent demon. When the sigil is activated, however, Character A finds they have been duped! The demon summoned, Character B, is actually a low-level demon that has low potential and grows slowly in power. Nevertheless, Character A and Character B must now go through the trials of war, struggling to survive and come out on top. If they fail? All that awaits them is a coffin, as cold and heartless as the hundred year war itself.

Setting: Lush, vibrant fantasy kingdom with large, towering woods
Romance: Not Important
Genre: Fantasy, Adventure, Comedy, Somewhat Dragonriders of Pern Inspired
Pairing: Any gender
Character Age: Later teens

In a beautiful fantasy world filled with life and light, there are two worlds on one, single land mass. The countryside is safe - populated by the majority of humanity, and ruled by a strong, old-fashioned king. The woodlands are dangerous - dark and strange, it is filled with thorns and all sorts of scary beasts, the most feared of all being dragons. Every five years, however, the ruler of the woodlands, a mysterious queen who wears the shed feathers of great beasts, brings dragon eggs to the badlands. The unclaimed, neutral land between forest and countryside is the only place in which the people of the forest and the people of the countryside may interact. The sacred hatching place of dragons is guarded, though - country dwellers may only stand at the farthest edges to observe the hatchings.

While most never leave the countryside to journey to the badlands to witness the feat, those who do claim that watching the event was something extraordinary. Character A, for whatever reason (perhaps they are filled with wonder, or wish to steal an egg to pawn off for money), wishes to see the event themselves. Upon reaching the hatching area, they find that the hatching is more than simply an event in which eggs are hatched - all the woodland children who have not reached maturity are brought to the hatching in hopes of being bonded to a dragon. Although Character A does not understand their native tongue, they watch the ceremony, viewing the dragons as they crawl out from their eggs and chose a teen or child to bond to. All is going as planned until...

A dragon locks eyes with Character A.

The last hatchling clambers towards them, and to their utter shock, you are chosen as their bonded. Despite protests, Character A is carted off to the woods, taken from everything they've ever known, and assigned to be partnered to a very unwilling Character B as you learn about the woods and all that exists within.

Setting: Modern, northeastern USA house by a large lake
Romance: Preferred, but not necessary
Genre: Mystery, Horror, Romance
Pairing: Any gender, preference to MxM or FxF - Horror!Mermaid x Human (might be cool if the human was saved from drowning in the past by the mermaid!)
Character Age: Teens to young adult - passage over time

Character A has always went to their grandparents'/aunt and uncle's house during summer break. Nestled in the woods and connected to a dock by a large, cool lake, it's a tranquil place to spend their summer days. There's usually people around the south end boating and playing in the water, but for the most part? The north side is quiet and peaceful. Character A enjoys it there, and never misses a summer. All is well, and the lake is beautiful each and every time they arrive.

Until the bodies start piling up.

Character A is in their teens when the first body is found. Mutilated, almost beyond recognition, the corpse of a boater is found on July 27th, floating listlessly by the west side dock. It is said to have been a tragic accident - the man must have fallen off the back of the boat and been struck by the propellers. It's dismissed, and activity at the lake resumes Character A hears about the death, and thinks little of it. Even when a camper goes missing and turns up dead near the shore, Character A isn't alarmed - it's bear country out here, after all. Maulings happen every once in a blue moon.

When the third and fourth death happen, Character A begins to worry. The bodies start piling up, and the lake gains a reputation. Some say there's a monster there, in the deep. Character A isn't sure whether they should believe it or not, until Character B's fish-like eyes peer out at them from the depths, their large, white teeth glinting below the water. Character A becomes interested in this strange creature, taking photos and watching, waiting for them to return. Mermaids are supposed to be fiction, so why does Character B seem so real?

And why, pray tell, are its teeth so big?

Setting: Modern, city would work best
Romance: Highly preferred, not strictly necessary
Genre: Modern fantasy, Comedy, Romance
Pairing: Any gender - Mafia x Civilian - Normie x Chosen One
Character Age: Young adult
Priority: Lower

Deep below the depths of New York and hidden from the public eye, the City of Brimstone bustles with people. Users of magical arts take refuge here, interacting with other users, old world races, and the occasional unicorn on their way to work. Character A is a member of the mafia and an agent to the city. When rumor surfaces about a gifted user of magic being discovered, Character A is quick to follow then whispered words. This leads them to Character B, a young adult who is working and/or going to school within NYC. Unbeknownst to them, they have been marked by fates at birth - they are a reservoir of magical energy, and capable of incredible arcane magic, an elemental type of magic lost to time.

There's no one in the world who wouldn't want to get their hands on Character B. Arcane magic can defy reality itself, and is capable of full resurrection, transcendence, immortality, and even the creation of temporary immunity to all physical and magical sources. Those marked with such magic are often hunted, killed, and drained of their magic to create immortality and immunity potions. But Character A has other plans for Character B. They want to get Character B to trust them, and voluntarily transfer their mark and their magic over to them. Character A begins to pop up in Character B's life, intent on charming them. Yet things don't go as planned when it turns out Character B is a lot more stubborn than Character A expected, and, worse...

Character A might just be falling for Character B, too.

Setting: Modern with fantasy elements
Romance: Fine, but not necessary
Genre: Comedy, Fantasy, Drama
Pairing: Highly preferred FxM - Knight x "Princess"
Character Age: Senior high school age, 17-19

Character A is well known at school. They are attractive, funny, smart, and well-liked. With a loving partner, a great family, and an acceptance to a high-ranked university, they are on a path to greatness. Nothing can stop them, it seems.

Character B is a quiet loner. They draw in the back of classes, stay away from most, and walk through the school halls like a ghost. They seldom talk about their family... if they even talk at all. They're destined to fade into obscurity.

Until the day that everything changes.

A figure dressed in black breaks into school, stopping time to kidnap Character A. As the figure is leaving, Character B appears in the hallway, bearing longswords and declaring their knighthood to Character A's family. Character B fights the figure off and time resumes. Character A, stunned, can't get the event out of their mind, even though the rest of the school has noticed nothing. They return to their home to find their parents waiting alongside Character B and their father. Character A's parents explain that Character A is a heir to an old empire, is in a position of power that is coveted by many, and that Character B has been trained from birth to be their knight. They make it clear that Character A will now be living with Character B to protect them, as those who wish to kidnap Character A will stop at nothing to posses their magic.

Character A and Character B are, unsurprisingly, unenthused by the idea.

Setting: Modern, dystopian future
Romance: Highly preferred, not strictly needed
Genre: Romance, Slice of Life, Adventure
Pairing: Any gender - AI/Android x Inventor
Character Age: Around 26 to 36

The world collapsed many, many years ago. In the wreckage of society, the last hope for the survival of humanity is born into the world - the cryogenic chambers from a repopulation effort are opened, and survivors are primed to continue on in the vastly changed world. Character A is a young, gifted computer engineer who wakes up... alone. The rest of the cryogenic chambers in their area have failed, long ago, and they are the last person to be living within 100 miles from their location. All they have are old, barely working computers and spare parts.

Character A is not a quitter.

Although their memories are fuzzy, they've never forgotten their computer knowledge. With time, blood, sweat, and tears, they create the start of an AI. Over time they modify the AI into Character B, a semi-sentient, semi-feeling AI with arms and the capacity to read facial expressions. Character A fills their lonely days with working on Character B, making improvements, tweaks, and changes. With each update, Character B becomes more and more human-like, even starting to ask for a body. Character A indulges them, and creates a robotic body for them to live in... for science, of course!

As they grow closer, Character A begins to question the ethics of their little project, and Character B starts to question what it really means to feel.

Setting: Modern
Genre: Slice of Life, Fantasy
Pairing: Any gender - Human Caretaker x Winged Humanoid (harpy, angel, etc.)
Character Age: Young Adult
Priority: Higher

Character A has worked and lived at their guardian's wildlife rehabilitation center for most of their life. Nestled in the woods and situated right next to their family home, the rehabilitation is just as much a home as their actual house is. They remember feeding baby raccoons at five, helping splint an owl's wing at nine, and rescuing a stranded possum at thirteen, all within the aged walls of the Crest Wildlife Sanctuary. Helping creatures in need comes naturally to them, and they adore their job.

But they have a secret... injured rabbits and turtles aren't the only thing they take care of. Behind the old, brick walls of the little rehabilitation center lies the most fantastic of creatures. From unicorns to imps to dragons, Character A has helped all manner of fantastical creatures. Magic and medicine go together in their world, and they couldn't imagine anything different. Although they don't really interact with peers their age, and have never been to school, Character A wouldn't trade in their life for anything. The gratitude they receive from creatures, big and small, and young and old gives them all the motivation they need to never change a thing.

One night, in the midst of terrible thunderstorm, Character A is awoken by a loud crash on the roof. Startled, they throw on shoes and make their way outside. There, lying motionless, is Character B, a humanoid, winged creature who's currently staining the ground red. Shocked, Character A wakes their guardian and spends a sleepless night tending to the injured Character B. By the morning, Character B is stable, but their wings are badly wounded. Upon waking, Character B begins to panic, stopped from escaping only by Character A's quick thinking. After convincing the creature to stay in their spare bedroom, the rocky relationship between Character A and Character B begins.

It's... a slow start. Character B doesn't trust humans - they've spent most of their life in fear of being caught, like most fantasy creatures, afterall - and Character A is no exception. A few bumps, cuts, and bruises later, Character A manages to pull together a slightly working, albeit tense, relationship with Character B. As time passes, and trust builds, Character A and Character B grow closer. Character B's health begins to improve, and physical therapy is working. It's taken time and blood, sweat, and tears, but Character B is almost ready to fly away home.

With a job well done and their patient on the mend, Character A doesn't know how to explain the tightening in their chest when Character B takes flight for the first time.

Romance: Optional (There'd be the whole "taking a mate" thing, but it'd be centered around some side characters eyeing the main characters at first, with the main characters, especially Character A, not being into it)
Genre: Drama, Supernatural (Werewolves - this is a bit of a cliche plot, but I'd like to do something different with it - hopefully with some stronger female/feminine characters who really lean into their wild sides instead of being a damsel in distress)
Pairing: Any gender, bit of a preference to FxF
Character Age: 18-19

Character A has recently moved with their father to a new town settled on the side of a mountain. Remote and cold, the town of Twin Oaks is a sleepy one. Woods surround the town and its inhabitants, with only a single road leading out. Residents aren't exactly friendly, either - doors are closed and bolted shut at night with the strength to keep out even a bear... if that's what they're even trying to keep out. Whispers of creatures that are not quite human and not quite animal spread around the sleepy town, and warnings are given out to newcomers: forget your hopes of a peaceful remote mountain town, and run while you still can.

Character A's father isn't one to listen to rumors. Recently contacted by a lumber business to work nearby, the town offers a residence that is ideal for him. Character A, too, has a high school to attend that is located nearby. Although the high school of Twin Oaks is run down, Character A's father is insistent on Character A finishing out their year there. Disgruntled and unnerved by the town's atmosphere, Character A doesn't have much of a choice. On Monday, they go to the school. There, they are greeted by half-dead teachers and a populace of students that smokes more in the bathrooms than attends class.

Character A has little choice other than to put their head down and do the best they can - they'll be leaving in a year, afterall. As they watch, unnoticed, from the shadows, they learn about the school and it's students. Most notably, the King family and their associated lackeys. Character B, the third borne heir, is in Character A's grade. Commanding, rich, and notoriously mean (Regina George would be put to shame), Character B commands a group of students who seem to follow them... always. They respond to Character B without hesitation, and their eyes, sharp and oddly piercing, always seem to be scanning the room for danger.

One night, Character A is walking home when they are attacked. An animal they can't recognize comes after them, biting their arm after tackling them to the ground. Just as the creature moves to bite at their neck, a loud, piercing howl scares it off. Not taking any chances, Character A runs home. After a trip to the urgent care center a few miles out of town, Character A returns home and sleeps off the attack. At school the next day, however, they feel feverish and strange. They also notice that Character B's posse seems to be paying them extra attention. As the moon grows fuller, Character A feels the eyes of the posse of Character B on them more often than not. Confused by how their senses are starting to swing out of control, Character A feels the moon calling them, and the dark abyss of the fierce world of werewolves coming closer to swallow them whole.

Genre: Supernatural (Werewolves but they're a bit different), Slice of Life, Found Family
Pairing: Any gender, bit of a preference to FxF

Everyones knows about werewolves.

An open secret of the northeastern USA and Canada, werewolves are a dying breed. Often misunderstood and hunted nearly to extinction in the past, they are now protected by the government, receiving funds in payment for the silence and service. Most werewolves live in community homes, though others prefer to live in secret, transforming only when necessary on the full moon. The packs and communities werewolves live in often are not based on blood, and are open to new wolves. For the most part, however, werewolves are silent. They live on the fringes of society and run through the woods on moonlit nights, wholly unbothered by the rest of the world around them.

Character A has recently moved to a small town outside an equally small college they were planning on attending as a transfer student. Sleepy and old, the town is quiet and peaceful. Character A is fairly content, and faces little issue... until the night they are attacked by an animal who bites them before running off. After going to get the bite treated, they notice they are healing strangely, and feel feverish. As the full moon comes, they struggle with delirium. On the night it shines, they transform. Remembering nothing, Character A wakes up in a blanket in a werewolf community home.

Character B is their caretaker and mentor, after that. They explain to Character A that they are werewolves now, and that it will take time for them to learn to control themselves and find the wolf parts of them. Werewolfism is akin to a virus - in many folks, it will kill them. In others, however, the virus changes their DNA and allows them to transform into bestial creatures that resemble wolves. Character A, meanwhile, is taken aback - werewolves who have been recently turned can't attend in person colleges, and their life will be forever altered. Character B is understanding, coaching Character A through the changes and introducing them to the many kids and adults in the community home. Slowly Character A begins to understand what being a werewolf is like, and how the future may not be as dark as they thought.

Setting: Sci-fi, futuristic
Romance: Not needed, but allowed - QPPs and friendship would be really cool!!
Genre: Sci-fi, Action
Pairing: Any gender
Priority: High

Character A is your average citizen. They work on the plants that produce metal for the annual mech battles in the nearby nation's capital, study at a university part time, and lounge at home when the day is done. They have a pet, a nice apartment one hundred stories in the air, and a rather outdated (but remarkably still street-legal) hoverboard.

Life is... adequate.

Three hundred years after a total world war, Earth has since rebuilt and become dependent on technology. Technological advancements are everywhere, and if you're someone who's anyone in society, you likely have cybernetic enhancements. Character A isn't so keen on the enhancements. They're expensive and invasive and honestly? Character A doesn't want the hassle. They don't really care about the annual choosing of new participants for the mech battles - afterall, the hype is mostly for show, since the mech suits choose their controllers, anyways.

One year, Character A is dragged to the annual choosing of new mech controllers. This particular, Character B is also there... except Character B comes from a long line of mech controllers. A graduate of a famous academy known for producing incredibly tech literate students with a fairly high percent becoming mech controllers, Character B is overconfident, snarky, rich fan favorite. Famous for their presence and their good looks, no one is surprised when they're chosen by one of the biggest, fanciest bots in the arena.

Character A is unimpressed. Thoroughly bored, they get up to go to the bathroom, descending through the stands packed with screaming fans who paid premium to get as close to the arena as physically possible. As they walk to their destination, a low rumbling and a hush in the stadium draws their attention to the arena's inside. Pressed to the stadium glass, a mech that seems to be the other half of Character B's tag-team bot, is standing, staring and pointing at Character A as Character B stares in abject horror.

Oh.

Oh no.

OTHER:

QUICK PLOT IDEAS:
  1. Supervillain x Superhero - Enemies to friends to lovers, slow burn, any pairing, and modern setting
  2. Arranged Marriage - Slow burn, any pairing, modern or medieval (limited magic preferred) settings
  3. TBA!
THEME BANK:

★ Enemies to Lovers/Friends ★ Slow Burn ★ Platonic Love ★ Aromantic Characters ★ Super powers ★ Fantasy Creatures ★ Eldritch Abominations ★ Horror Romance ★ Surrealism Dealing with Loss ★ Mafia Characters ★ Knighthood ★ Marriages for Power ★ Coming of Age ★ Sci-fi ★ Robots ★ Werewolves ★ Monsters ★ Role Reversals ★ Life Pacts ★ Forced Cohabitation ★ Unwilling Partners in Crime (Or Lack Thereof) ★ Nature ★ Slice of Life ★ Unwilling Heroes ★

PAIRING BANK:
*NOT ROMANTIC NECESSARILY!! These can be friendships or QPPs too!

★ Human x Machine ★ Machine x Machine ★ Monster x Monster ★ Monster x Human ★ Humanoid x Human ★ Demon x Human ★ Summoned x Summoner ★ Hero x Villain ★ Outcast x Popular Kid ★ Knight x Charge ★ Fantasy Creature x Human ★ Angel x Human ★ Rival x Rival ★ Knight x Knight ★ Childhood Friend x Childhood Friend ★

NOTE: Getting me to play fandoms will be harder! I mainly want non-fandom RP at the moment, as most of my roleplays as of late have been Danganronpa KG RPs. But if you come at me with a great idea, I'll definitely consider it!

DO NOT PM ME LOOKING FOR CANON CHARACTERS. THERE WILL BE NO CANON CHARACTERS EXCEPT FOR POTENTIALLY GYM LEADERS AND NURSE JOY IN POKEMON, AND THE CANON TEACHERS IN HOGWARTS. I AM TOTALLY UNINTERESTED IN CANON X CANON OR OC X CANON, SORRY!

FANDOMS

Harry Potter:
I am ONLY interested in RPing in the Hogwarts setting with no Voldemort or Golden Trio; basically, an alternate timeline where the boy who lived and Mr. Noseless are yoinked. We could have a different villain enter the scene, or have other issues arise, of course, but I'd rather ditch the canon mains and focus on the setting rather than the books' plots. Pitch me something good, and I'll be interested. We could add another person on to this, too.

Pokémon: I will do Pokemon, but only with a Nuzlocke style and a darker take on the whole thing, with more corruption and less 10 year olds going around taking down criminal organizations. I really like the idea of Pokemon being seen as lesser despite being rather smart and capable of communication with their trainers should a bond be formed. Expect more gore and nastiness, with Pokemon being fairly terrifying and attacks capable of causing fatal damage and the people in charge having not so good motivations. I have wanted to do this for a while, so if you're interested then let me know. I'm open to getting 2 people in on this instead of the 1 I have for my other plots, too - 1 is fine, but 2 would be fun.

Last edited:
I feel like your take on Pokemon would work well with my dystopian Pokemon plot.

Hi! I’m interested in How Not to Train Your Dragon if you’re still looking .

Wondering if you want to do a nuzlocke Pokemon run of any region, if you are still looking for RPs for that :3 I can also do a 1x1x1 RP :3

Hey there! I really like the idea of plot two and plot eight, but I also love the idea of doing a darker pokemon roleplay. Let me know if you're still looking for partners, and I'd love to start plotting with you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back