• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Looking for Long-Term Older Roleplay Partner (Reopened)

Nostalchiq

Uncomfortably Numb
Roleplay Type(s)
Hello, everyone. :) I'm back. Looking for another long-term roleplay partner who doesn't mind that I'm an older person.

I'm going to begin this thread by explaining a little about myself, what I've done and what brought me here, so if you don't feel like reading it all (although if what I'm looking for sounds like something you are interested in, it might be a good idea for you to go back and read ) then you can skip ahead. I'll put an asterisk next to the paragraph where I begin to explain what I want in my next roleplay partner, so that you can skip the boring introductory stuff if you'd prefer.

So, I'm a 32 year old female. I'm not going to pretend that I belong to a large demographic on any roleplaying website on the internet, because most of the people on them are teens or young adults. Please try to be kind and not sling insults at me about being too old to be on here, because someday you're probably going to be in the exact same position as I am now.

Anyway, I've been co-writing since I was about 12 years old, back when AOL had roleplay chatrooms (yeah, I'm THAT old, haha) and have evolved quite a bit since then. In my young adulthood I began utilizing the Neopets forum in the mid to late 2000's to find roleplay partners, and actually ended up finding the two people I would end up writing with almost exclusively for a good chunk of my twenties there. An odd place to look for writing buddies, I know, but they ended up being some of the most talented people I've ever had the pleasure of writing with.

Sadly, when you get older so do your friends, and people fall out of touch. My two best roleplaying partners have since moved on with their educations and jobs and are now no longer even in contact with me, which I completely understand. Most people my age are too busy with careers and families to have time to write, and a lot of them have lost interest by the time they are my age, anyway.

Well, I haven't lost interest. I remember those days to be some of the most fun I've ever had. I've never been more inspired to create art than I was then, co-writing with brilliant minds. I want to recapture that feeling again with someone who can help get my creative juices flowing. I've tried writing novels somewhat recently in order to try and get back into writing, but it just isn't the same as doing it cooperatively with someone else. I want the surprise, the mystery, the unexpectedness that comes with writing with someone who thinks entirely differently than myself.

While I don't necessarily have a career or family to occupy my time, I do still have some life obligations that might occasionally prevent me from being glued to the computer all day. However, if you decide that you feel as though we might be a good writing match, you can be certain that I will have a decent amount of time to dedicate to writing and research, should our genre require it. I take my writing very seriously and I want someone who feels similarly. Still, I am a very accommodating and patient person, and I of all people will understand if you need a break or can't respond right away. It’s one of the benefits of writing with an older person. :)

*Alright, so here's what I'm looking for. I haven't officially roleplayed in years, so please forgive me for not remembering/knowing all of the abbreviations and synonyms that the more up-to-date writers utilize when posting to look for new writers.

What I expect from you:

- You are OVER 30. I might make an exception for the right person if they are a little under (late twenties and very mature), but absolutely no one under 18. I would just feel weird writing with someone that young at my age.

- You value quality over quantity. I have seen this repeated multiple times in other threads, but it really is important. I don't expect a full page of writing each time you respond, but I won't accept only a sentence or two unless there’s absolutely no other option to move the story along. I need something to work with, and it's difficult to write something that's going to keep things moving if you're throwing me scraps.

- You contribute plot ideas. I will do my best to do this as well, and I understand that sometimes writer's block is a real issue. All that I ask is that you put forth the effort to keep things interesting and engage my character(s) in some way so that we are writing together rather than separate.

- You use proper punctuation, grammar and capitalization. I am forgiving of the occasional error and typos are definitely not an issue as long as you do some basic editing before you reply; mistakes happen to me, too. However, I will not tolerate "hotter then six shades of hell" or "he stepped outside then he walked to the corner store". I need you to use the proper writing tools in order to help paint a picture in my mind, just as I want to do the same for you. This is a team effort, and if I ever make a mistake I want you to let me know immediately. I am not proud and I am always eager to learn and improve, I want you to be the same. (BTW, I am NOT going to be the grammar police. If I notice a pattern where you are regularly making a mistake I might bring it up, but if it happens once I'm not going to mention anything. No one likes to be nagged while they're trying to have a good time.)

- Your characters are original, created by YOUR mind, and not someone from a movie, anime or video game.

- You are open-minded about potential romance between characters.

- You are comfortable with mature, dark and controversial themes.

- You are looking for a long-term writing partner. I don't do casual, short-term roleplaying. It's not meaningful to me. I want to have the time to build up a plot, character development and relationships between characters.

- You would like to be friends OOC. We don't have to be besties, but I want to at least be able to say "hi" occasionally, or ask you questions about the story we're working on without it being weird.

The sort of genres I'm interested in are:

- Fantasy (High, low, whatever you want)

- Supernatural

- Romance (Any sexuality, but if you aren't interested in M&M or F&F I can easily do without)

- Historical (Either realistic or fantasy)

- Modern (Not as interested in this as I am in fantasy or historical, but I have engaged in several modern roleplays in the past and did enjoy them)

- Post-apocalyptic (I haven't done this one before, but it sounds really fun)

The genres I am NOT interested in are:

- Fandom

- Slice of Life

- Furries

- Futuristic (Although I might consider it if it's very fantasy-oriented. Just be prepared for me to not know much about machinery and technology)

Well, I think that's everything. I really hope that this wasn't too long, but I wanted to make sure that I was thorough in order to prevent any confusion. I look forward to seeing if anyone responds. :) Thanks for taking the time to read.

Last edited:
Ah, my kindred spirit! I also remember the good ol' days of AOL and Neopets. Lol I'd be happy to try a fantasy rp with you. Anything in particular that you're in the mood for? PM me if you like and we can discuss further. ^^ If not, best of luck!

Ah, my kindred spirit! I also remember the good ol' days of AOL and Neopets. Lol I'd be happy to try a fantasy rp with you. Anything in particular that you're in the mood for? PM me if you like and we can discuss further. ^^ If not, best of luck!

Welcome, and I'd be glad to! It looks like I can't quite PM yet, though. My account is too new. I love your avatar. :)

Oh damn. This actually made me super depressed and like I should leave this page and die in the bush....

Hello!! ?
I’m 22, so maybe a little younger than what you’re looking for. But! I’d like to at least try. I can send you a writing sample, and if maybe you’d be interested I’d love to write with you! If not, no harm done!!

Aw, sorry. :( That wasn't my intention.
LOL Its just like I seem to ignore being old most of the time and still go on enjoying my youth, thinking that old comes some time in mid 40s, and then someone around my age goes like "since I am old..." and I go like ...wait a minute. And then, hello depression!

Haha. Despite that, I do want to write with you, seeing as mature, dark and controversial themes are my home world.

Hello!! ?
I’m 22, so maybe a little younger than what you’re looking for. But! I’d like to at least try. I can send you a writing sample, and if maybe you’d be interested I’d love to write with you! If not, no harm done!!

Hello! Thanks for your interest. :) 22 is pretty young, but I am open-minded if you don't mind me being older. Do you have any writing samples? Feel free to PM me some if you do!

LOL Its just like I seem to ignore being old most of the time and still go on enjoying my youth, thinking that old comes some time in mid 40s, and then someone around my age goes like "since I am old..." and I go like ...wait a minute. And then, hello depression!

Haha. Despite that, I do want to write with you, seeing as mature, dark and controversial themes are my home world.

Oh, I understand. :) Well, it's all a matter of perspective. Younger people in their teens and twenties see anything over 30 as being "old", so because I figured most of the members of this site are younger I should just clarify that age is a factor in who I choose to write with. Not very many people our age still do this, at least from what I've noticed. :) I would definitely love to write with you if you're interested, especially since we are similar in age.

Oh, I understand. :) Well, it's all a matter of perspective. Younger people in their teens and twenties see anything over 30 as being "old", so because I figured most of the members of this site are younger I should just clarify that age is a factor in who I choose to write with. Not very many people our age still do this, at least from what I've noticed. :) I would definitely love to write with you if you're interested, especially since we are similar in age.

In all honestly it never occured to me before RPN, because in the past, I was in a roleplay forum around the (totally unknown to most people) Wraeththu fandom and then in Star Trek groups and a horror site - and all of them had members from 18 to 60+ . But yeah, I guess in here you must be right.

Anyhow we can definitely get something going, I see you don't do fandoms, which I enjoy, but I am also up to fantasy, mainly celtic lore and urban fantasy, and also historical (I love Victorian England and write a lot of steampunk). Postapocalyptic stuff has been a big thing for me in the last few years in real life, as I help organize wasteland weekend type of festivals in my country, so I'd be up for trying that too.

Hello! Thanks for your interest. :) 22 is pretty young, but I am open-minded if you don't mind me being older. Do you have any writing samples? Feel free to PM me some if you do!
Whew! I just sent you something! Fingers crossed maybeee, you liked it. ??‍♀️

In all honestly it never occured to me before RPN, because in the past, I was in a roleplay forum around the (totally unknown to most people) Wraeththu fandom and then in Star Trek groups and a horror site - and all of them had members from 18 to 60+ . But yeah, I guess in here you must be right.

Anyhow we can definitely get something going, I see you don't do fandoms, which I enjoy, but I am also up to fantasy, mainly celtic lore and urban fantasy, and also historical (I love Victorian England and write a lot of steampunk). Postapocalyptic stuff has been a big thing for me in the last few years in real life, as I help organize wasteland weekend type of festivals in my country, so I'd be up for trying that too.

Ah, I see. Well, I did look for a forum specifically geared towards older roleplayers, but I didn't find any. I suppose that some people our age might not have issues with writing with younger people, it's just that I'm more concerned about younger people having an issue with writing with an older person. Some of them might not be comfortable.

In any case, celtic lore sounds fun. :) I've never done it before, but I could probably pick it up pretty quickly. I've never done urban fantasy, could you explain it to me? Historical, Victorian era in particular, is probably what I am most knowledgeable about and have the most interest in, although I don't think I would be up for steampunk. I would be up for trying post-apocalyptic as I mentioned in my first post, but you would have to be patient with me and sort of guide me a little in the beginning, as I am not experienced in that genre.

Anyway, if you have some ideas I'm definitely interested in hearing about them. :) PM me if you like and we can discuss them.

I apologize ahead of time for my age, but what you've written really clicked with me, and I would be honored to have the experience of roleplaying with you. I am 19 going on 20, so even younger than the youngest to post here so far (I would assume so, if I'm wrong I mean no offense). I can provide writing examples, both from this site and from my own personal endeavors, if needed. I specifically look for others who are skilled and are set on what makes a story feel like more than just words on paper (or on a screen, in this case), and I feel like you're definitely that kind of person. Writing is something I can't live without, and it requires inspiration, which I have received from you. Even if you do not consider me, I just wish you the best of luck in finding more people like your previous roleplay partners in the future. Have a wonderful day/night!

I apologize ahead of time for my age, but what you've written really clicked with me, and I would be honored to have the experience of roleplaying with you. I am 19 going on 20, so even younger than the youngest to post here so far (I would assume so, if I'm wrong I mean no offense). I can provide writing examples, both from this site and from my own personal endeavors, if needed. I specifically look for others who are skilled and are set on what makes a story feel like more than just words on paper (or on a screen, in this case), and I feel like you're definitely that kind of person. Writing is something I can't live without, and it requires inspiration, which I have received from you. Even if you do not consider me, I just wish you the best of luck in finding more people like your previous roleplay partners in the future. Have a wonderful day/night!

Well, I have to say that I am very flattered by your interest. :) I'm glad that I inspired you, although I'm not sure how. There is definitely a pretty large age gap there. When I was your age I did write with a few people who were much older than me, but I have always connected with older people, and still do. Maybe you are the same?

I feel a little uncomfortable with the prospect of writing with someone who is so young, but if you are alright with my age, I could probably get over that in time. What ultimately matters, in the end, is that we've found a common enjoyment in writing, and good writing knows no age. If you're still interested, go ahead and PM me with some information on you and your writing goals. I'd like to know more about what you're looking for to be sure that we'd be a good fit.

Well, I have to say that I am very flattered by your interest. :) I'm glad that I inspired you, although I'm not sure how. There is definitely a pretty large age gap there. When I was your age I did write with a few people who were much older than me, but I have always connected with older people, and still do. Maybe you are the same?

I feel a little uncomfortable with the prospect of writing with someone who is so young, but if you are alright with my age, I could probably get over that in time. What ultimately matters, in the end, is that we've found a common enjoyment in writing, and good writing knows no age. If you're still interested, go ahead and PM me with some information on you and your writing goals. I'd like to know more about what you're looking for to be sure that we'd be a good fit.
Wonderful! And you inspired me to keep writing. Honestly...I was on the verge of giving up writing not too long ago. I still was feeling kind of iffy about whether or not I should continue. But even though your friends (former roleplay partners) moved on with their lives and deemed it not worth their time and effort, you continue to write. I feel like I shouldn't give up on something I love just because I feel disheartened about it or because of another person's influence. That's how you inspired me. ^^ I'll PM you.

Wonderful! And you inspired me to keep writing. Honestly...I was on the verge of giving up writing not too long ago. I still was feeling kind of iffy about whether or not I should continue. But even though your friends (former roleplay partners) moved on with their lives and deemed it not worth their time and effort, you continue to write. I feel like I shouldn't give up on something I love just because I feel disheartened about it or because of another person's influence. That's how you inspired me. ^^ I'll PM you.

Well, glad to hear it! :) I look forward to hearing from you.

Anaxileah Anaxileah Hey, you got snakes? My Bart says hello!
29663113_10215191547479498_8287709130491911046_o.jpg

Haha! I love the Tardis in his house. :D As for nerdiness, I have 3 more snakes and one of them is called Mr. Spock. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back