• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Request Looking for in-depth/complex systems to create fictional table of elements.

Samdragonx

1 foot down into the madness
RPNation request.png
Hey, people that don't miss out on the uber-obvious...
So, recently I uncovered the fact that science relies on all sorts of tables and graphs. (Shocking, I know.) But it has gotten me wondering: "What would an entire fictional universe's science look like?"
We all know something about science, or the way it makes its models, right?... So, maybe if we added a bunch of them together, we could create a table of elementals, laws of physicals or other things that end in '-als'.
My goal is ultimately to create a setting, relying entirely on the 'fantasy science' to keep things going. (Even if I can't, for the life of me, figure out the mathematics behind them...)

I know this has been said to be done before in 'science fantasy', but I've always wanted to try to put the emphasis fully on the fantasy regardless.
And since I can't on my own, well.. here's my plea for help to the creatives.

Do you have any tips or pieces of advice? Do you think this is an absolute waste of time?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back