TV & Film looking for horror recs

merrbles

Grandmaster of Procrastination
Helper
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Heya! I'm looking for some recommendations for horror media, especially films! I prefer films that aren't very gross or gory or rely on jump scares a lot. I'm not a fan of psychological horror either and I've not been able to enjoy anything based on Stephen King's work, which seems to leave very little options. Triggers for me are eye gore, vomit and graphic decomposition.
Literally the only horror movie I can honestly say I liked is Escape Room (well, I guess I kinda liked Secret Obsession too?), but I've enjoyed shows like Alice in Borderland, Penny Dreadful, The Haunting of Hill House and The Haunting of Bly Manor. Horror games I like include Until Dawn, Little Nightmares and some retro horror games such as Ib. I don't know if any of that helps, but I thought I'd mention it!

If with all these limitations there are still films (shows are okay too!) that come to mind, feel free to let me know!

Thanks in advance!

I love all those shows you listed by the way! The Haunting series is my favorite at the moment I and Until Dawn is my favorite horror game! And I adore all things horror pretty much.

I would definitely recommend the movie Orphan. It’s a bit twisted and kind of one of those movies that make you think days after. It’s amazing.

I love all those shows you listed by the way! The Haunting series is my favorite at the moment I and Until Dawn is my favorite horror game! And I adore all things horror pretty much.

I would definitely recommend the movie Orphan. It’s a bit twisted and kind of one of those movies that make you think days after. It’s amazing.
Aah, that's so cool that you like them too! They are all great in my opinion.

I've seen Orphan a couple of times, actually! I used to like it a lot as a teen. Maybe I should rewatch it some time.

I don’t see a lot of people talking about this show or video game often. It’s nice to see that people still like them, haha.

It’s such a good movie! Also, Midsommar is really good and Hereditary is an amazing film as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back