• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Looking For Group

I should have my bard up soon! she just needs her "known history" section filled out!

By the way, we can still have other things not mentioned in our CSes i.e. secret lovers, secret history,.... right?

I mean, it's KNOWN history.

Pontiferous Pontiferous

that reminds me!! Damafaud, Kabboom - are you guys going to fix your profiles? your images (and font sizes) got messed up with the forum move ono
it's a little tedious to go through and clean up (I've been cleaning up a lot of posts) but at the very least, I can't see your characters' pictures anymore ;n;

Kabboom Kabboom it's not my place to say, so when Ponti gets back, they can probably let us know ovo b
(hopefully they're well, since it's been about a week ;v; )

Sorry for the wait, guys! I was so sure I mentioned that I'm busy on weekdays that I didn`t notice I never told you! I`m well, and yes, secrets are allowed.

Guys, guys, guys... the premise essentially says that the deal with the Glutton was their first serious mission and that they fucked up spectacularly. They were not veterans, and they were not that skilled. Please take that into account, and remember that the CSs are essentially paper-trails and are not their complete autobiography.

... I'm so sorry I took more as a biography than anything else. Should I edit... my profile? @ n @

Dracogenius Dracogenius The CS is basically a file, hence why I told you to keep your character's bio in a separate folder and only give the widely known and easily findable basics in said file.

for all of you guys; TLDR - This is a fairly easygoing rp with a fairly lighthearted feel (hence why nobody died in the botched mission). Keep the dark and edgy components down, people. O.o - MOAR TLDR: Think Final Fantasy, remove overly complicated plotline and replace with easy to complete mini quests, enjoy at room temperature.

Pontiferous Pontiferous So I take that as a yes to profile change... ? All I know is that the profile contains: known history and details (I assume gathered together or was told by the character), and that it is a file that reflects things prior to the botched mission and four years. I could also just picked up the wrong idea during all this.

I also apologize for that too... I wasn't aware of the lighthearted plot @ n @ Oh goodness I look really bad rn...

Pontiferous Pontiferous So I take that as a yes to profile change... ? All I know is that the profile contains: known history and details (I assume gathered together or was told by the character), and that it is a file that reflects things prior to the botched mission and four years. I could also just picked up the wrong idea during all this.

I also apologize for that too... I wasn't aware of the lighthearted plot @ n @ Oh goodness I look really bad rn...
I'm sorry too! I should have written all these things from the start, but yeah, some changes in the known history part of the CSs would be greatly appreciated.

Pontiferous Pontiferous Anything in particular? It's hard to take stuff out since I just. Man, I am so used to the whole, "character known history", so I just associated it with "yeah, rhysil probably is distant, a bit apathetic there and proud here" sort of stuff. I wasn't also sure if an adventurer's guild would prefer to know reasons behind medical conditions and what not. Now I'm just getting ramblesome. Nevertheless, just pitch some things out and I'll edit to see fit. I mean, the information is still going to exist, but it's not on the submitted profile. If there isn't anything in particular, that's okay, I'll just go by your current statements as a way to modify the profile.

Pontiferous Pontiferous since we were all flying a little blind on expectations, for anyone who needs to change anything, can you ping us with some specifics so we know what to fix or discuss with you? the sooner we all get our profiles fixed up, the sooner we can get rolling! ^o^

Dracogenius Dracogenius Wisp Wisp Kabboom Kabboom Trappy Trappy Damafaud Damafaud
Yes, of course, I'll tell you as much as I can - any question is highly welcome because I won't hit all of them at once, I suspect!

Here is the gist of it, and then I'll go into a little more details;

At the start of the story, five years would have passed since a very botched attempt to clear out a lair of monsters. That attempt was done by our characters, when they were a few weeks to about a year (you can go anywhere in that range to guess your character's age of recruitment by taking your wanted age at the start of the rp and subtracting five to six years) into their life as novice adventurers. Of course, nowadays they will be fairly capable, but at the time of the Glutton accident they were still new to dungeon crawling and fighting monsters in general besides minor encounters with common monsters and as such were VERY not prepared to face a rare and relatively strong monster that grow in strength in relation to how much it had eaten (Glutton). The world will be of our own making, but I would like us to borrow the general feel of it from both Final Fantasy and D&D. Basically, this is intended to be a 'kick back and enjoy but still craft lovingly' type of rp where we will be allowed to introduce and shelve characters as we please between each mission from the Adventurer's Guild (AG for short, yeah?).

Now, for the type of CSs I want:

I pictured them as sort of files that would be a general point of reference to what will happen or has happened to our characters, with us adding to them as we go along and as we discover and reveal in the story itself. The first reason that I want the CSs to be kinda blank files is that we will add logs to them later on, and cluttering them with lots of background info will probably eventually break the posts' character limit if we're not careful. The second reason is that I would like us to gradually unveil our characters background overtime in the IC instead of only referring to the OOC.

Does that help more? Any questions or complaints?

Last edited:
There is a good news, however, in that since I will finish the last of my exam spree next Tuesday, I will get out of my Exam Zombie mode and have more time to give this rp. Yay?

Pontiferous Pontiferous I'm leaving for a friend's house shortly, so I can't go back and rewrite Euphie's profile in the style you've suggested just yet; when I'm home, I'll get right on that! ^^

Pontiferous Pontiferous I'm leaving for a friend's house shortly, so I can't go back and rewrite Euphie's profile in the style you've suggested just yet; when I'm home, I'll get right on that! ^^
No biggie, have fun! (Besides I may as well plot out a rough plan for the first IC post so we may be set once that whole bedlam is over!)

Pontiferous Pontiferous I would love to be released from zombie mode, but college has a fresh grip upon my leg and I'm too busy to realize that it's dragging me back into my grave. I'm looking at you, Intro to Html. Also, plotting the IC first post would be a great idea!

I got you for the first part. So 5-6 years ago? That will yield some age modifications I have in mind already! Heh, it's all good though. I sadly don't really know my final fantasy stuff well (well, read: I am not... big on it, slight distaste to it), but I am really big on tabletop roleplays like Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder. So, I will probably draw most inspiration from that, along with other cool fantasy universes/settings I take liking to.

Alright, I see what you're saying. I do feel like I have plenty more for my character up my sleeve, hence why I was afraid of sheltering almost all the detail, but I'll go on ahead and modify such to as seen fit. I just don't wanna end up drowning out other people's characters with my own sort of detail, especially when it comes to revealing stuff. If that statement makes sense in any way.

So, should I just clean up the profile and remove like, most things? Education parts of the backstory and all that? Also, should I then remove the known enemies along with some friends and etc.?

Pontiferous Pontiferous I would love to be released from zombie mode, but college has a fresh grip upon my leg and I'm too busy to realize that it's dragging me back into my grave. I'm looking at you, Intro to Html. Also, plotting the IC first post would be a great idea!

I got you for the first part. So 5-6 years ago? That will yield some age modifications I have in mind already! Heh, it's all good though. I sadly don't really know my final fantasy stuff well (well, read: I am not... big on it, slight distaste to it), but I am really big on tabletop roleplays like Dungeons and Dragons and Pathfinder. So, I will probably draw most inspiration from that, along with other cool fantasy universes/settings I take liking to.

Alright, I see what you're saying. I do feel like I have plenty more for my character up my sleeve, hence why I was afraid of sheltering almost all the detail, but I'll go on ahead and modify such to as seen fit. I just don't wanna end up drowning out other people's characters with my own sort of detail, especially when it comes to revealing stuff. If that statement makes sense in any way.

So, should I just clean up the profile and remove like, most things? Education parts of the backstory and all that? Also, should I then remove the known enemies along with some friends and etc.?
You're free to keep as much backstory elements as you want, as long as they are kinda put down in a dry and report-like way, like 'She studied such and such at that one city's magical academy, and was a --- student that excelled at this or that subject and enjoyed the company of this or that NPC' things like that. Does that make sense to you? I'm trying to give as much Intel as I can but - Exam Zombie mode here! >_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back