Anime & Manga Looking for good anime

Inuyashiki. It's still on air, only 2 episodes have released. This one caught my attention, because it has an elderly protagonist. 58 years old, to be exact. It's Sci-Fi, alien stuff :>

The old man basically dies and gets replaced by a robot, or cyborg (however you want to call it).
It's really good, I recommend you at least watch the first two episodes.

Well, bye!

I can't recommend re:creators enough. It's my favorite anime, and that's for a reason: It is extremely intelligent and well-crafted, with production quality up to a max and great characters to boot. It explores it's themes magnificently and has fantasic world-building. The pacing has issues here and there due to exposition but I assure you it's worth it.

I can give more recommendations, but for that I'd need to know your specific tastes and willingness to bear tropes

Yu Yu Hakusho, if you haven't watched yet.
The first episode is enough for you to know if you're going to love it or not.

Grimgar: Ash and Fantasy (slow burn character drama with action)
Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (character driven mecha with deep story and themes)
The Devil is a Part Timer (slice of life with comedy and supernatural action)
My Love Story (slice of life rom-com)
Konosuba (fantasy comedy with subtle harem elements)
Berserk ( horror action with extreme violence and graphic mature themes. Ignore the complaints about the animation, focus on the story and characters.)

i mostly enjoy psychological and/ or action anime, so here are a few of my favorites:

1. wixoss series - girls. fighting. a card game. girls fighting with girls in card games. if you like watching girls and things happening to them, watch this. there are three series (the third one being in an alternate setting from the first two, meaning that there's a difference with the characters, setting and storyline.) there's also a movie that serves as a retelling/ summary of the first two series, with a few changes and new cuts. watched them all. enjoyed.

2. re:zero - modern dude finds himself in a fantasy world. he gets tangled in the fantastical events that ensue. + for realistic and decent character development. the plot and characters (!!!) are very nice. overall, very nice mostly because i found the true best waifu.

3. zankyou no terror (terror in resonance) - girl meets a pair being terrorists for a cause. there's drama, a decent story and a good soundtrack. much boom.

4. boku dake ga inai machi (erased) - when something bad happens, dude is always sent back in time minutes before. he calls this skill "reveal," which he uses to save lives. when wrongly accused of accused of murder, he goes back in time--18 years in the past. stuck in his younger self's body, he unravels mysteries both his past and present. a child's life has never been this interesting.

5. neon genesis evangelion - series is pretty old, which normally has a lower impact on me because i'm a dominantly visual kind of person and the more modern the art, the better to me, but up to now i can't completely fathom nor forget about it. it is deep. there are some movies after the series, which i recommend to be watched. warning: your mind may just get blown. there's a 100% chance at minimum.

6. yuuki yuuna wa yuusha de aru (yuuki yuna is a hero!) - also known as not madoka magica. girls! they're happy working as modern-day heroes in their own hero club in their middle school. however, soon they are introduced to the vertexes which threaten to ruin the peace and balance of their world, which calls them to become even greater heroes. very pretty, and very good.

7. danganronpa - haven't watched the anime but i liked the games a lot so this is on the list. many sets of characters are introduced every game, but they're all supposed students of hope's peak academy who find themselves trapped inside it. a lot of mystery and detective-ing. quite some death if i may say so myself.

8. jigoku shoujo (hell girl) - girl. from hell. delivering double-edged justice even though and because she's from hell. this is no innocent anime but it was my childhood. the different people's stories in each episode gets me hooked. hell's defenders of justice are great characters too.

9. mahou shoujo madoka★magica - watching this went by in a flash because i couldn't say i enjoyed it completely, but the story, especially by the movies that come after, is really good.

10. ajin - sociopathic boy gets hit but he comes back unscathed, letting everyone know that he's actually one of the species who have supernatural abilities such as not dying when he gets hit hard by a vehicle and being able to use a pretty nicely-designed destructive being to his command. also the government wants ajin like him killed and experimented on. it's in 3d and it also includes the horror tag/ genre.

11. ansatsu kyoushitsu (assassination classroom) - one of my most most most favorite. yellow octopus sensei tells his class (isolated from the rest of the top ones of their prestigious school) to kill him. government also wants them to kill him. and so the struggle begins. it's the best anime i know that revolves around the relationship between a teacher and his class. it's one of a kind, given their situation. it's very entertaining and enlightening, so if you watch, watch until the end.

12. rokudenashi majutsu koushi to akashic records (akashic records of bastard magic instructor) - i liked the characters and the story. it's not the most special, but it had its own charms and aspects, such as the world building. it was comedic and entertaining. the young girl in me gives about... 90%. maybe 89.9%, because how can they protect themselves with that uniform

13. noragami - gods and all that. art and characters - 100%.

14. elfen lied - it's cute, and then it's... kind of... a bit... not. are those gonna grow back?

15. pupa - i don't know why this is here. but i know those are gonna grow back.

ok so that wasn't a few

Last edited:
personally, i really loved kimi no nawa (aka your name). call me a softie but it made me tear up. just a little though. it's about two complete strangers who lead very different lives that had somehow swapped bodies. the main male character tried to find the girl he swapped bodies with and well... he was in for a surprise. in my opinion, it think the anime is quite confusing but the ending is simply beautiful.

My inner weeb really wants to scream Digimon and Fairy Tail, but for now I'll refrain

No Game No Life was, for me, a work of genius that made my brain hurt and weep with joy all at once. I like things that have some sort of thinking aspect like that, if that makes sense.

There's also Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, which is pretty much regarded as epic wherever you turn, but that's really just me....

Anime I liked :
love hina
chobit
naruto
fairy tail
your lie in april
ah my goddess
blue drop
cat planet cuties
panty and stocking with gatherbelt
blue exorcist
claymore
date a live
freezing
mardock scrambles
please,teacher
prison school
soul eater
spirited away
summer wars
yurii! on ice
gurrenn lagan
garden of words
the seven deadly sins
my bride is mermaid
ouran high school host club

Inuyashiki. It's still on air, only 2 episodes have released. This one caught my attention, because it has an elderly protagonist. 58 years old, to be exact. It's Sci-Fi, alien stuff :>

The old man basically dies and gets replaced by a robot, or cyborg (however you want to call it).

Well, bye!

TELL ME MY HERO WHERE ARE YOU GOING
WHAT DO I NEED TO END MY WAR

HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND

God the OP for the anime alone makes it so hype. Anyways other anime this season that are pretty good are Net-juu no Susume and Animegatari if you're into more Slice of Life or comedy. Animegatari especially if you've been following anime for a while.

Damn okay I'm surprised no one recommended My Hero Academia yet (or maybe they have and I just can't read). And if you haven't watched it already you really gotta try it out buddy.
It's basically about a world where a lot of people develop superpowers, but the protagonist is one of the few who doesn't and this completely destroys his dreams of being a top-notch hero. That's the setting of it, of course there's more stuff.

The animation style is goofy but unique and very loveable while the character designs are 10/10/10. Also the jokes and humour in it are fabulous if I may say so~
-
Another good anime is Karneval, which evolves around a young boy (who's flipping adorable btw) who's lost from his...carer, I suppose? There are a lot of things to explain with this anime but basically there's a Carnival/Circus, weird creepy things that eat people (the baddies basically), that one grumpy guy who everyone loves and top hats.
-
There's also Kill la Kill, basically about naked people and talking clothes. There are a few similarities between it and Akame ga Kill and Sonic for some reason, not that it makes it any less enjoyable.

Some more random ones I can recommend are:

Akame ga Kill (will make you cry like a billion times)
Naruto (already been mentioned but whatever)
Yuri!!! on Ice (haven't watched but I know it's gay as hell and fabulous)
No.6 (haven't watched either but it's set in a dystopian land)
Nanbaka (funny prison anime with sparkles everywhere)

Ah whoops sorry I prolly wrote a little too much...

I really recommend:

Psycho-Pass: This is one of my favorite animes, but it is not for the faint of heart. The setting is futuristic Japan, and everyone is judged by a program called the Sybil System. They're observed through their Psycho Pass, a numerical rating of their mental state that decides if they live or die. However, with the addition of the villain Shogo Makishima, things get a little more interesting, and people have to begin questioning everything they live by.

Uta No Prince-Sama: pretty men and good music. All you need to know

Seraph of the End: In 2012, the world allegedly comes to an end at the hands of a "human-made" virus, ravaging the global populace and leaving only children under the age of thirteen untouched. It is at this time that vampires emerge from the recesses of the earth, likely followed by age-old horrors of the dark thought only to be myth. The vampires sweep the earth and claim it in a single violent stroke, subjugating the remnants of humanity and leading them beneath the surface to safety. This "protection" comes at the price of donating blood to their captors. At the age of twelve, Yūichirō and his friend and fellow orphan Mikaela plotted to escape along with the children in Hyakuya Orphanage. However, this resulted in their deaths and Mikaela sacrifices himself in order for Yūichirō to escape and be saved by members of the Moon Demon Company, an extermination unit of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Four years later, Yūichirō dedicates his life to destroy vampires and seek revenge against them for murdering his "family." At the same time, it is revealed that someone Yuū cares about greatly is a great part of what exactly what he plans on destroying.

I like animes that can move me. Some are Erased, Ano Hana, Your lie in april, steins gate, higurashi when they cry.

Well, bye!
Jus because of the similarity in names to you a recommend Inuyasha idk what you like in terms of anime but i think its really good

no game no life
91 days
assassination classroom
Chivalry of a failed knight (stick with it the ending is epic)
Danmachi
hack.//sign
07-ghost
Initial D
Inuyasha
Bleach if you have the time and patience
Actually I am
Gamers!

Anime I liked :
love hina
chobit
naruto
fairy tail
your lie in april
ah my goddess
blue drop
cat planet cuties
panty and stocking with gatherbelt
blue exorcist
claymore
date a live
freezing
mardock scrambles
please,teacher
prison school
soul eater
spirited away
summer wars
yurii! on ice
gurrenn lagan
garden of words
the seven deadly sins
my bride is mermaid
ouran high school host club
The second season of blue exorcist is fast approaching! or is it here? i should probably check

TELL ME MY HERO WHERE ARE YOU GOING
WHAT DO I NEED TO END MY WAR

HIT ME ON THE GROUND
HIT ME ON THE GROUND

God the OP for the anime alone makes it so hype. Anyways other anime this season that are pretty good are Net-juu no Susume and Animegatari if you're into more Slice of Life or comedy. Animegatari especially if you've been following anime for a while.
since there newly released the chances of been dubbed early are rare but to my surprise one is already being dub (3 episodes out of 6 ).the other one sadly is not dubbed yet :P thanks

Damn okay I'm surprised no one recommended My Hero Academia yet (or maybe they have and I just can't read). And if you haven't watched it already you really gotta try it out buddy.
It's basically about a world where a lot of people develop superpowers, but the protagonist is one of the few who doesn't and this completely destroys his dreams of being a top-notch hero. That's the setting of it, of course there's more stuff.

The animation style is goofy but unique and very loveable while the character designs are 10/10/10. Also the jokes and humour in it are fabulous if I may say so~
-
Another good anime is Karneval, which evolves around a young boy (who's flipping adorable btw) who's lost from his...carer, I suppose? There are a lot of things to explain with this anime but basically there's a Carnival/Circus, weird creepy things that eat people (the baddies basically), that one grumpy guy who everyone loves and top hats.
-
There's also Kill la Kill, basically about naked people and talking clothes. There are a few similarities between it and Akame ga Kill and Sonic for some reason, not that it makes it any less enjoyable.

Some more random ones I can recommend are:

Akame ga Kill (will make you cry like a billion times)
Naruto (already been mentioned but whatever)
Yuri!!! on Ice (haven't watched but I know it's gay as hell and fabulous)
No.6 (haven't watched either but it's set in a dystopian land)
Nanbaka (funny prison anime with sparkles everywhere)

Ah whoops sorry I prolly wrote a little too much...
the longer the better, thank you so much

I really recommend:

Psycho-Pass: This is one of my favorite animes, but it is not for the faint of heart. The setting is futuristic Japan, and everyone is judged by a program called the Sybil System. They're observed through their Psycho Pass, a numerical rating of their mental state that decides if they live or die. However, with the addition of the villain Shogo Makishima, things get a little more interesting, and people have to begin questioning everything they live by.

Uta No Prince-Sama: pretty men and good music. All you need to know

Seraph of the End: In 2012, the world allegedly comes to an end at the hands of a "human-made" virus, ravaging the global populace and leaving only children under the age of thirteen untouched. It is at this time that vampires emerge from the recesses of the earth, likely followed by age-old horrors of the dark thought only to be myth. The vampires sweep the earth and claim it in a single violent stroke, subjugating the remnants of humanity and leading them beneath the surface to safety. This "protection" comes at the price of donating blood to their captors. At the age of twelve, Yūichirō and his friend and fellow orphan Mikaela plotted to escape along with the children in Hyakuya Orphanage. However, this resulted in their deaths and Mikaela sacrifices himself in order for Yūichirō to escape and be saved by members of the Moon Demon Company, an extermination unit of the Japanese Imperial Demon Army. Four years later, Yūichirō dedicates his life to destroy vampires and seek revenge against them for murdering his "family." At the same time, it is revealed that someone Yuū cares about greatly is a great part of what exactly what he plans on destroying.
uta no [rince -sana is not dubbed sadly
amazingly your summary of seraph of the end was better then the sites I tried 10/10

uta no [rince -sana is not dubbed sadly
amazingly your summary of seraph of the end was better then the sites I tried 10/10
Ugh, I wish it was dubbed. To be honest, I've fancasted allll the boys. Matthew Mercer would make the best Camus or Masato honestly

My taste is pretty eclectic. If you're looking for a deep psychological macabre and morbid one consider Death Parade, Psycho Pass or Terror in Resonance. The Ancient Magus' Bride is a magical realism sorta deal. Boruto is the sequel of Naruto, if you'd like to see how the classic hit series aged into modernity. A harry-potter school one is RWBY complete with colorful (literally) characters and pretty nice worldbuilding fillers. Ooh and i loved Bungo Stray Dogs. If you're middle schooler Katekyo Hitman Reborn is a really cute show. If you're more interested in chill, slice of life and like animals check out polar bear cafe. History buffs try Hetalia. Other classic favorites (not my faves) include Fullmetal Alchemist, Black Butler, Noragami, and Code Geass.

Tip: The above all have what i consider good art and decent storylines. I hate the squeaky voices and super shojo stuff with waaaay too much exaggeration.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back