Other Looking For Fellow Streamers!

Hi there!

So as the title says, I'm looking for fellow streamers, just to chat, maybe learn from each other and well mainly hoping that some of you can help me out with a problem...

So in OBS, the stream is fine, on the browser and for the viewers it's just lagging as awfully as it can..

I set my bitrate to 2750, because I have an upload speed of 4.63, which should be okay together and yet.. it doesn't go smoothly..
This has been happening since 2 days and I don't get it..
So if anyone could help, that would be very much appreciated!

If not, as I said, just looking to chat and learn as well!

Have a wonderful morning, afternoon, evening and night wherever you may be!

I'm by no means a professional streamer but I've helped a few friends set up theirs and they do well enough with the hobby/profession.

Without really knowing your specs, it's hard to offer any advice. Your bitrate is well enough, but you need to make sure you aren't surpassing your memory usage for either your CPU or RAM. I assume your GPU is fine enough since you run the games you want to stream.

If OBS isn't working, a lot of people find success using StreamLabs OBS since it offers some tools to help reduce. You can also go into task manager and set your priorities. Also closing Chrome (Which is a monster data user) in your background could be a big help. Alternatively you could ensure you're not using integrated features from your CPU/MOBO for display reasons, but that would involve going into your BIOS during start up to deactivate it in most cases. Or even see if that's the case. Also that only matters if you use multiple monitors and one of which is plugged into your MOBO and not your GPU.

Hope this helps a bit. Again, by no means am I a pro but I have a bit of experience setting up different streamer set ups and feel I know my way around the general process.

You know what the weird thing is.. Up until 2 days ago there weren't any issues with it. Or at least definitely not as bad as now.

My pc should be able to handle it, since it was build to be a gaming pc and well my bother who knows just about anything about computers picked out the parts for me lol.

OBS isn't the problem it's just twitch in my browser and well what my viewers see that's just absolute shit right now.. OBS shows smooth movements and everything..

I guess I could go into task manager and see what I can do there.. as for Chrome.. would you suggest to perhaps use a different browser to stream on? I have Chrome as my go-to browser.
The rest is all really Chinese to me tbh haha. I'm in no way technical and especially computers are not my expertise but I really appreciate the help!

I'll go take a look at what I can do tomorrow!
Thank you again💕

If it only started two days ago and before was fine with the same settings, maybe the problems are not on your side and there was something with connection rather then your settings.

You can try to experiment with settings a bit (Make new profile in OBS to revert to your current ones anytime so that you don't need to remember them). Set a lower bitrate (maybe 2500 or so) and change the streaming server in OBS setting ->Streaming.

I guess that could be an option as well!

As for bitrate, it's currently at 2750, do I doubt it going lower would do much more.
A new profile I could definitely do and the server is definitely something I'll look into as well!

Thank you!♥️

If it only started two days ago and before was fine with the same settings, maybe the problems are not on your side and there was something with connection rather then your settings.

You can try to experiment with settings a bit (Make new profile in OBS to revert to your current ones anytime so that you don't need to remember them). Set a lower bitrate (maybe 2500 or so) and change the streaming server in OBS setting ->Streaming.

Oh! I don't know if you may know an answer to this but I just thought of something so.. OBS wasn't recording the full game screen, so I set the resolution to the right one of my screen. I think I had it on 1900 X something and it is now set to 2500 something X 1440.. could that may be an issue?

it is possible, if the resolution doesn't match yours. Try changing those settings too and see if it has any effect.

I'll try that too then because when they weren't alike it seemed to be okay? And now that it all matches it's gone to shits

So I managed to fix it! It was the output resolution that was somehow turned up too high. Luckily nothing too difficult to handle haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back