• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Experienced and New Players to Play a game of D&D 5E with a Green Horn DM (Now Full)

Question for the more experienced: How do I do my stats preferably, for a sorceress? Drow get +2 dex, +1 cha if I'm not mistaken. Rolls were: 17, 11, 10, 9, 9, 6.
Is 6 Str, 13 dex, 10 con, 9 int, 9 wis, 18 cha decent, or should I change something about that because it's so damn important?

Question for the more experienced: How do I do my stats preferably, for a sorceress? Drow get +2 dex, +1 cha if I'm not mistaken. Rolls were: 17, 11, 10, 9, 9, 6.
Is 6 Str, 13 dex, 10 con, 9 int, 9 wis, 18 cha decent, or should I change something about that because it's so damn important?
Charisma is your go to stat as a sorceress. So that would be about the way you would want to take it. Dex is important for every class, so having it as your second is ideal.

Charisma is your go to stat as a sorceress. So that would be about the way you would want to take it. Dex is important for every class, so having it as your second is ideal.
Sounds oddly familiar... might switch 9's and the 10 around, I'll see. Thanks! Are there any unexpected downsides of dumping strength? I think I saw that one can fight decently with just dex, and I like the "The body is weak, but the mind is strong"-idea, as far as the rolls allow for it.

D. Rex D. Rex
I was just able to look at the link as my chromebook decided to just go super slow for a moment. I've booked marked it so I can read it later.
Fully understand. Mine phone does that all the time.

But yeah, i would like to use that as the patron for my warlock, since I'd also want to use her for your second campaign. But if it is a definite no, I won't ask again. Can have mostly the same asthetic stuff with great old one patron.

I like my second set of stats, they seem well rounded. Sherwood Sherwood since you specifically mentioned hiding behind my character, what class are you hoping I'll pick?

So, just so I stay in the loop, who has what class and race? Just so you know, I don't mind if you guys decide to double up on classes or races.

Sounds oddly familiar... might switch 9's and the 10 around, I'll see. Thanks! Are there any unexpected downsides of dumping strength? I think I saw that one can fight decently with just dex, and I like the "The body is weak, but the mind is strong"-idea, as far as the rolls allow for it.
You won't be able to carry as much, push as hard, carry heavy things or people, or hit as hard with melee attacks, or break restraints easily. But some of those you can get away with by using dex instead.

As for attacking, you can focus on finesse weapons to use dex modifier for attack damage instead of strength. Limits you on weapons, but they still pretty good. If your primary mode of attack is magic, then focusing on dex instead of strength is just fine.

You still want decent wisdom. And Intelligence depends on what skills and ways you want to play.

I'm going with Dragonborn Fighter. I just wish I had one more good number to hit up my Constitution with.

You know what, I just realised I forgot to add in another thing that I'll allow. The Variant Rules. If you want to use the Variant Rules then that's fine. You just need to reference the page it's on so I can double check.

So if I'm following the conversation correctly, we have a tiefling warlock, a drow sorceress, a dragonborn fighter, and you're all waiting on me?

Sounds about right - dragon-blooded drow sorceress is in the works. Don't you worry, though, you'll all be waiting for me by the end of this.

Sherwood Sherwood Do you know what dragon type you're going for? Just curious.

Shadeofshade Shadeofshade What exactly are the variant rules? Can't find them in the index right now.

Silanon Silanon
A good example is the race Human. That race has a bonus +1 to all stats normally. But if we go with the Variant Human then they get a +1 to any 2 stats, an extra skill and a starting feat. Here is an example of a Variant Human Rogue Merchant I'm making in my free time. As you can see, they are not finished yet but they are slowly on there way to being finished.

Attachments

• Human Rogue Merchant.pdf
    625 KB · Views: 1
Alrighty, thanks for the explanation! I'll stick to the basics, think I've got enough stuff to worry about already =)

Great minds think alike and all that... that's actually the same I was going for - would you mind that? It'd be a reason for our characters to meet, perhaps, following the footsteps of her ancestors - I'd be happy to change if you prefer that, though, no worries.

I have no complaints with you taking the same racial sub-type as me. We can chill together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back