• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for Experienced and New Players to Play a game of D&D 5E with a Green Horn DM (Now Full)

I'd probably go for a drow sorceress with the dragon bloodline of some good-aligned dragon, not with a dragonborn myself. You know, once upon a time, the drow overwhelmed a mighty dragon, took its power for themselves - and now it happens to manifest in one who happens to be way too intrigued by the world at the surface. Knowing what the drow left behind from ancient tomes, the urge to see it for herself was always there - when your character happened to end up at the surface after the ritual, it was only natural to pursuit. By now, the cult would probably have noticed that both characters didn't return for quite a while...
Could work similarly with a tiefling bard, I reckon.

What I meant is that clerics prepare from the cleric spell list, while both sorcerers and bards have their own, limited spell repertoire. As a beginner, I prefer having access to only a handful of spells (like the sorcerer, who knows 4 cantrips, 2 lvl1-spells, and that's it). That way, I don't have to ponder which one of the three dozen cleric spells might be the right one for this particular day, but can instead focus on using those few spells I have to their best effect. Makes sense?
The dragon bloodline drow could work out well, I could work really well. One born with true power of the draconian bloodline! And in the typical fancies of power hungry drow parentage, they toss the useless one into the pit of one of their hobby projects. And like you said, the bard could work easily well there, with some minor changes on that prior bit. And plenty of reason to want to follow to the surface. Were you going to play a male or female drow? I was making a female.

And yeah I understand, too many spells can make things a good bit more complicated to decide. That's why the warlock is my favorite spellcaster class.

Stinkin' 17. See what kind of friend you are? You blew the whole plan!
I'll use that 6 for constitution so that I can build another character after the first fight - does that work for you?

I'm back.

Silanon Silanon welian welian D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood Sherwood

I just had a look at your Stats rolls and I think we can sort that out for you. I will permit you to re-roll your 6 stats and then you can chose which set you would like to use. This can only be done ONCE. If you haven't rolled your stats yet then you can roll your set of 6 stats twice and then chose which ones you want to use. You CAN NOT mix and match your two sets of stats, whatever you get with them both is what you get.

I'm back.

Silanon Silanon welian welian D. Rex D. Rex Sherwood Sherwood

I just had a look at your Stats rolls and I think we can sort that out for you. I will permit you to re-roll your 6 stats and then you can chose which set you would like to use. This can only be done ONCE. If you haven't rolled your stats yet then you can roll your set of 6 stats twice and then chose which ones you want to use. You CAN NOT mix and match your two sets of stats, whatever you get with them both is what you get.
That works for me. But with my luck, I'll get all the 1's from D. Rex! Let me give this another shot.

Woo! Reroll! Thank goodness.

8, 9, 10, 11, 11, 13
My first roll was horrible! Lol just like I planned.

And plenty of reason to want to follow to the surface. Were you going to play a male or female drow? I was making a female.
Are drow as matriarchic in dnd as they are in Pathfinder? If so, I'd prefer female for the entire "leave the potential power behind"-vibe. If not, I'm open for either. Think I'm feeling the dragon sorceress right now, but I'll see.

Works for me - thanks!

Well, I'm sticking with my first set of numbers.

Hard to tell if mine is slightly better or about the same. But ill take the second batch.

Are drow as matriarchic in dnd as they are in Pathfinder? If so, I'd prefer female for the entire "leave the potential power behind"-vibe. If not, I'm open for either. Think I'm feeling the dragon sorceress right now, but I'll see.

Works for me - thanks!
To my knowledge, yes they are.

Now I just got to decide where to dump my two '7's'.

To my knowledge, yes they are.
Female it is, then.

10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 7.

I'll stick with my first rolls, thank you very much. And that's Sherwood for you - always taking a bullet for the team!

Oh shit we're rolling stats, someone let me borrow their luck!

Female it is, then.

10, 9, 9, 8, 8, 7.

I'll stick with my first rolls, thank you very much. And that's Sherwood for you - always taking a bullet for the team!
Then the magic sisters it shall be.

7, 8, 12, 12, 12, 13. I think i shall make con a dump stat. Con and int. 7 and 8 respectively. I might keep strength and dex 12s in case I go pact of the blade.

welian welian
You can roll two sets of your Stats and you can keep the one that you like the most. You CAN NOT mix and match the rolls and the rolls are a 3D6. Also, RNG doesn't seem to be in a nice mood today so that's why you can roll two sets.

If you haven't seen the numbers we've been getting, you should know that NONE of us have had good rolls yet.
Ha!

Anyways, the dice posts are a little confusing - are you all rolling 1 d20 per stat, or 3 d6 per stat? I've only done point-buy systems up till now.

3d6!

Don't worry, folks, Welian is rolling the 18,18,18,18,18,17 -I'll do it all-hero!

Okay, fuck RPN's dice settings. "Throw another dice" does not add a separate roll, it adds one more die to what I just rolled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back