• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking For DnD World Storytelling Partners

SlimNinja

Good Day,

I am new on the site but have done roleplay, storytelling, and actual DnD character play for sometime. I am looking for anyone interested in starting a world based Storytelling DnD feel roleplay. It is strictly roleplay and storytelling with some to no dice rolls for actions. Meaning your character just has a roll for chance on a D20 to fail, normal win, or critical win, depending on the roll. Like an sneak attack and you roll a 18, that's a critical and would not only perform the action but the Duneon master would award extra loot. There are no actual levels to the characters your more playing a open story that would go into development with whom ever is interested first and the DM aka, myself. If anyone would like to join into this or has ideas please inquire.

Thanks!

Also,

The actions in the story will more than likely be written back out to an actual storybook style for free readings if it gets enough popularity and all who are involved would get just credits.

I will be developing character sheets or set up soon and starting the basic intro and storyline and drawing out the land map or borrowing one from a respected DnD site location. After I set the up and post in the fantasy section it will be open to all. I am post here to see if anyone would like to join pre-open to help with plot and ideas.

I would like to join this idea of yours. And good thing for no dice rolls, I've had bad luck with combat rolls in my expirience lol

Nice. Thanks for your interests. It's going to be laid back due to my usual busy medical schedule so there will not be any time required posts or anything. The general only thing I have in mind is at least a decent description of actions your taking and surroundings. My current idea to bring this to light is the lands around are going to be imported in by DnD aka, cities, lands, and some known dungeons. The general races to be are any that are listed in DnD, and the race traits and special abilities that a race possess will also be roll free. I really want to emphasize on the storytelling aspects on this. The other major thing is there will be multiple plots different quests based on user locations and interactions. The DM will be the desiding factor on those. Also I will designate another person or two to also DM when someone is not available so there is always or at least a good coverage of DMs in the thread. Please give me any input here you may have. Questions,ideas, anything.

That all sounds good to me. But how much of this world and quest have you thought of at this point of time?

[QUOTE="Robin man]That all sounds good to me. But how much of this world and quest have you thought of at this point of time?

[/QUOTE]
A decent amount over the course of a few days. The main starting point would be one of the capital cities of DnD World. I will post up images of said cities and the respective map to it. As for the first and main storyline it would be the need to obtain a key item, haven't desiderate if it would be a gem or some kind of soulstone to help return the world to a stable state from a arch mage that has thrown space and time into chaos and which threatens to rip apart the very world the characters live in. And on the way random quests which I will write and work on. If anyone I designate to also be a DM may introduce thier own side quests into the story. That is what I have thought of so far.

I am going to start working on gathering information to design a character sheet set up, with character race, affinity, etc. As well as a item, gear, and spells/abilities sheet. Also i will be digging up maps, cities, and lands to be used in the Rp. If you have any friends now would be the time to invite them into this before i make it live in the next few days. I need all the input I can get. I was going to try and cross lands from various video games as well since the general story will have ruptures in the fabric of the land and time.

Update: I have the basic descriptions with the respected authors and companies attached to avoid plagiarism saved into files for listing. I just have to edit them up and post them into a final form for a Intro and setting post. Also have some good DnD maps to edit names from and create the world we will play in. Dungeons, inns, stores, jails, sewers, cities, and other continents to explore as well as ship dwelling maps for ship battles and scenes. I will be writing up a rough draft to post here either tomorrow or the following day with some edited information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back