• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for D&D 5e Campaign

Naxtaroth

The Raven
I am looking for a forum based D&D 5e campaign on here. Here are a list of roles that I wish to play, obviously using only one in any given campaign.

-spear wielding Half-Orc Way of Shadow Monk with the possibility of multiclassing depending where the game led, but heavily tied into the religion of Lliira, the goddess of joy. basic premise would be a half-orc whose mother was a hardy human woman that withstood brutal treatment by a ravaging band of orcs, some of this treatment resulting in the birth of a son. At one point, this band passed through the territory of a monastery of Monks of Lliira. They saved the woman and her newly born half-orc son and raised them. However, as the boy grew, the monks saw the rage of Gruumsh burning inside. Though he was a part of the monastery, they revered him with a distrustful and fearful respect. They tried to train the boy to be calm, and happy, as Lliira would want. At some point years later, the monastery came under siege by the band of orcs he'd been rescued from, while the boy was out doing errands, resulting in his mothers death. In a blind, orc blood induced rage, he sped off, using his knowledge and ways of the monk to take down the leader of the band of orcs. He took the chief's symbolic war drum as a token of his victory. However, upon return to the monastery, the air was much different. Seeing the rage he'd sped off in, it was almost as if he was no longer welcome. Months later, a foreign monk of Lliira visited the monastery. This man ended up taking the boy with him, revealing that there was a sect of Lliira worship, the Scarlet Mummers, that would be much more suited to his skill set. There would be a more in depth backstory, but for now, that's the basis of it all.
-Drow Bard with a homebrew "heavy metal" bard school (can provide link) that results in use of distortion magic to amplify, along with a modified lute that is shaped more like a guitar. Full intentions to multiclass 3 levels into Warlock to get Pact of the Blade under Asmodeus (or at least an underling, though Asmodeus is the preferred one.... I mean selling your soul to the devil, nothin more metal than that), where the pact weapon is, in fact, an ethereal battle axe that doubles as a guitar. I would keep this role within the limits of a fantasy setting, of course.
-Tiefling death cleric of Anubis with no intention to multiclass (would of course need a setting where the Egyptian pantheon exists alongside whatever other deities may be present) whose entire backstory is that they were once a priest of anubis in an ancient time, whose soul was never really laid to rest. Anubis brought the soul back to the realm of the living, in the form of a golden skinned, tiefling, whose main purpose is to find balance and pass Anubis's judgement. However, as Anubis's judge, he would doom himself to eternal unrest, because though he tries to keep balance around him and in others, he is blind to his own arrogance. He doesn't see himself as part of this world. He sees himself as above others. So try as he might to bring balance to everything he touches, the failure to realize that he is just a man like everyone around him, and the view that he is Anubis's judge and above everyone else, both mean that he can never find true balance. His physical form may die, but his soul will remain in eternal limbo, never truly resting until complete balance has been brought to it.

Got a few others, those are just a few I've had on my mind for a while now that would be really interesting to play.

I am looking for a forum based D&D 5e campaign on here. Here are a list of roles that I wish to play, obviously using only one in any given campaign.

-spear wielding Half-Orc Way of Shadow Monk with the possibility of multiclassing depending where the game led, but heavily tied into the religion of Lliira, the goddess of joy. basic premise would be a half-orc whose mother was a hardy human woman that withstood brutal treatment by a ravaging band of orcs, some of this treatment resulting in the birth of a son. At one point, this band passed through the territory of a monastery of Monks of Lliira. They saved the woman and her newly born half-orc son and raised them. However, as the boy grew, the monks saw the rage of Gruumsh burning inside. Though he was a part of the monastery, they revered him with a distrustful and fearful respect. They tried to train the boy to be calm, and happy, as Lliira would want. At some point years later, the monastery came under siege by the band of orcs he'd been rescued from, while the boy was out doing errands, resulting in his mothers death. In a blind, orc blood induced rage, he sped off, using his knowledge and ways of the monk to take down the leader of the band of orcs. He took the chief's symbolic war drum as a token of his victory. However, upon return to the monastery, the air was much different. Seeing the rage he'd sped off in, it was almost as if he was no longer welcome. Months later, a foreign monk of Lliira visited the monastery. This man ended up taking the boy with him, revealing that there was a sect of Lliira worship, the Scarlet Mummers, that would be much more suited to his skill set. There would be a more in depth backstory, but for now, that's the basis of it all.
^ maybe.... ^ I don't do homebrew or multi-class.
-Tiefling death cleric of Anubis with no intention to multiclass (would of course need a setting where the Egyptian pantheon exists alongside whatever other deities may be present) whose entire backstory is that they were once a priest of anubis in an ancient time, whose soul was never really laid to rest. Anubis brought the soul back to the realm of the living, in the form of a golden skinned, tiefling, whose main purpose is to find balance and pass Anubis's judgement. However, as Anubis's judge, he would doom himself to eternal unrest, because though he tries to keep balance around him and in others, he is blind to his own arrogance. He doesn't see himself as part of this world. He sees himself as above others. So try as he might to bring balance to everything he touches, the failure to realize that he is just a man like everyone around him, and the view that he is Anubis's judge and above everyone else, both mean that he can never find true balance. His physical form may die, but his soul will remain in eternal limbo, never truly resting until complete balance has been brought to it.

Got a few others, those are just a few I've had on my mind for a while now that would be really interesting to play.

I can accept the ork, without the multi-class. But the tiefling..
Demonic strength clerics unite.

Also. check my latest thread. You can note if you want a specific game out of that list. If you meet the requirements.

Alright, cool :D. The orc possibility of multi-class, as I said, would've been entirely game dependent, so it's something I can easily push aside and not do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back