• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Looking for Co-mods!

taliaangeni

It is what it is.
Roleplay Type(s)
Looking for co-mods (or people who want to help create the RP, in general)!! I’m all about supernatural and paranormal elements. You can shoot me a message or reply here.

Interests
■ MMORPG: I have ideas but need someone to help me decide on crap and flesh it out. Would also be better in the hosted projects section - I don’t have access to this yet.
■ Paranormal Investigators: Would be fun if involved in a world like Supernatural.
■ Mermaids/Mermen
■ Zombies: I have some ideas.
■ Witches
■ Vampires
■ Grim Reapers: I have info for this and characters already made.
■ Immortal Race: A tournament held for immortals (Vamps, witches, werewolves, demons, ghosts, etc.).
■ Paranormal Western
■ Something with horror.

Fandom: I don’t really do canons. If C is next to it I’ll give it a try.
■ Alphas - C
■ The Morganville Vampires
■ The Midnighters
■ The Hollow Kingdom
■ Black Dagger Brotherhood
■ Lords of the Underworld C
■ Superstore

I also have two roleplays started - nothing going on in them.
Felidae About werecats. Have ideas for plots.
The Anomaly Configuration Gifted people.

Actually, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to what I'm interested in. Favorite two genres are fantasy and realistic/modern, but wouldn't mind some futuristic either. However, I should probably let you know that I'm not interested in doing a fantasy high school roleplay of any kind. Frankly, it's a premise that's terribly overdone on this site.

Oh, and I don't really have much experience in Romance roleplays, but I'm not afraid to give them a try.

That's pretty much it though.

Okay, but here's an idea. Ghost-hunting/paranormal MMO. Something to stray from the typical medieval high-fantasy dribble.

I don't do school RP. I'm way over the age...haha.

Philostic Philostic that is an interesting concept.

For the MMO I didn't want to go with the regular thing. At first I was thinking vampxwerewolf, humansxzombies, demonsxangels. Ghost hunting seems interesting too.

Do you guys want to take this to messages or discord?

Kawaranu Kawaranu Kirito Kei Kirito Kei

Great! So you guys know what I'm interested in, what are you guys interested in?
Yo, I'm interested too, if there's still room.
Actually, I'm pretty flexible when it comes to what I'm interested in. Favorite two genres are fantasy and realistic/modern, but wouldn't mind some futuristic either. However, I should probably let you know that I'm not interested in doing a fantasy high school roleplay of any kind. Frankly, it's a premise that's terribly overdone on this site.

Oh, and I don't really have much experience in Romance roleplays, but I'm not afraid to give them a try.

That's pretty much it though.
Yooo

It's about a world that's been split into multiple islands after a magical disaster during a fight between two powerful wizards. A guy named Theos who's the good guy and protector, who serves as the player's mentor and trainer throughout the RP, and the other being named Durza, who wants domination over the world, which has broken apart since. This is set WAY in the past, when ship's with the cannons being a recent invention, as well as becoming the main way of travel. Through your adventures, you fight powerful bosses and track people down for information all in the final goal of finding and killing Durza.

I kind of have an idea for how the magic works and backstories and all this other stuff. You want to hear?

I'll take that like as a yes.

So basically, long ago a monk who's name is unknown discovered magic after years of meditation and training. Magic power come from the soul, and it was very tiring and shortened your life span if overused. There were red gems that could be consumed to increase the power of your magic. One of the monk's students also learned this secret and told the secret to the world despite being told not to. This started the Red Gem rush. During this, these gems were named Aurem. Everyone with magic sought Aurem to increase their power and as a result it made Aurem very rare.

After a while, a particularly strong wizard named Arthur Jewledbeard challenged the God of Magic himself, and almost won. This frightened the God, and so he took everyone's magic away, and hid the remainder of Aurem in the sea, where they should've been lost. As civilation began to grew, and advancements were made, the God of Magic decided to forgive humanity, and gave them a less powerful form of Soul Magic. This time, humans who had a strong sense of concentration, focus, and will alone could summon magic circles that allow them to cast magic.

There were a few elements that were most common.
Fire
Water
Earth
Wind
Light
Shadow
And lightning.
Usually magic ability was born to a human, and they could use it from the time they were born, but of course they didn't know how to. As the uprising of magic began again, human's discovered that Aurem would not increase their power. Instead, using their magic and testing their limits made their magic stronger, kind of how exercising would work. Discoveries about magic were quickly made.
A woman who's name was forgotten unlocked her Second Mind, which allowed her to use two magics, but this was only after intensive training that nearly killed her multiple times. She also discovered a Third mind, which gave her a Third magic, and killed herself trying to unlock a nonexistent fourth mind. Or at least it's thought to be non existent.

Around the time of Magic Circles, two powerful wizards arose, Theos, and Durza. Theos was a very talented Fire magic user and defending his home with a passion. Durza on the other hand, had a troubled child hood as an orphan, and stumbled upon a curse.
A curse is a physical embodiment of magic, which if consumed by anything living, would merge them into one. This would grant the curse user immortal life, as magic can never die. The curse dies with the user and due to this, the curse activley tries to keep the curse user from dying. In a sense it's a alive, as it turns the cursed's body into the curse's respective element to phase through objects and dodge other magics. This also granted them the ability to fly, and immense amounts of power, able to change the climate over a certain area just by using their magic. Frozen tundra's surrounded by desert's were made by some curse users, and ice caps in tropical seas and warmer climates never melted.

So Durza, found an Absorbtion curse, which was an accident made by the God of Magic, who was trying to create a new form of magic, but made the curse instead. Durza found this and found that he could steal other people's magics, He began going around challenging wizards and stealing their power, becoming really powerful and evil. Eventually he and theos confronted, and in a desperate attempt to win, Durza combined all of his magic into a single blast, which missed Theos, and split all the land in the world into islands. An entire tectonic plate was shifted to the surface, creating large mountains that seperated the islands into "Seas". There were 7, each with different climates and inhabitants. Only one sea is not inhabited, and that's the 6th sea. Nobody knows why.

Most of the people were killed by Durza's continent splitting attack, and were vaporized. Theos and Durza were thrown across the world from each other. [Magic grants you a resistance to magic, and makes you a lot tougher than a person without magic. You could take a bullet to the heart and likely live, but not without intense pain]. The survivor's of Durza's attack formed a government to keep law on the seas to protect what little people that had lived safe. Durza, who had survived, wanted to find Theos again, so he started raising the dead with the magic that he created himself so that the dead would find Theos and kill him. But with this, people who weren't under Durza's control were also created, which was the vast population of who live today. This includes the players. They appear on an island out of thin air, and Theos is near by. With no other goal in life, they help Theos pursue his.

Hmm, the premise itself is a good idea. However, I'm not a really big fan of elemental magic systems. It works for some settings, but most of the time all it does is limit what magic can do (fire magic can only destructive, for example)

Hmm, the premise itself is a good idea. However, I'm not a really big fan of elemental magic systems. It works for some settings, but most of the time all it does is limit what magic can do (fire magic can only destructive, for example)
They're summoning their own fire which means it can fufill the purpose that the caster wants.

I can make a bridge out of fire and be able to walk across, others would too, but they'd probably burn.

I'm not saying building things with your magics are hard, and I assure you, there are a LOT of more magics than the 5 I listed, and I can show those.

If you're trying to build a mansion without a crystal clear image in your head on how you want it to look, the mansion's not going to look good. But simpler things like trying to build a bridge or a certain shape is really easy.

Would you do this RP if I made it a thread?

I would, however, I'm afraid I have my hands in too many baskets at the moment. When I have some more free time, I would be sure to give your roleplay a shout.

I've been looking around at other sites for inspiration. I know .hack has different servers but for the beginning I'd like to stay simple, in that regard, and only have one. I've been looking around for map makers. Are we going for the ghost hunter thing?

I'm also still open for other RP options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back