• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Long-term and short-term RP search (Always Open)

Caligula

An INFP pretending to be a misanthrope.
This whole thing is a mess but bear with me. I talk too much and say too little sometimes, so if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

First off, I won't double for everything listed, and more often than not, don't have a definite 'crush' or love interest. There are ones where I could possibly double, but I would have to be playing a particular canon as the love interest. For example, in Avatar I don't do Zuko or Azula paired with OCs, but Aang and Sokka are fine because a romance with the latter would be less difficult to pull off. Generally, with my own OCs, I don't expect to be paired with a canon if the person writing them isn't feeling it. For me, it's not as fun if the other person doesn't enjoy writing it.
On the flipside, if I absolutely cannot see the canon character liking your OC I'll have to reject the pairing. That's not likely to happen though unless you make the character extremely unintentionally annoying or bland. I'm pretty doubtful that would be an issue for anyone who puts at least a bit of effort into their characters though. Also, don't get mad if I don't write the canon as instantly being head over heels for yours if we're starting the RP during their first time meeting. I really like slow-burns above anything else, tbh. And keep in mind that it really helps me know the type of relationship you're going for if you have a few ideas (for scenes, dialogue, or whatever) in mind.
Second, I don't have many canon/canon ships, at least not ones I'm super into. I can be persuaded if I like the dynamic once we start RPing, but I'm not looking for particularly shippy plots.

Anyway, back on the subject of playing canons and doubling. I'll mention whatever canons I think I'm capable of playing next to each title. They're negotiable. Also, unless I specifically mention that I don't have an OC for something,

Fandom | Canons I can play | Canons I'll play paired with OCs
Possible plot and/or OC details will be under spoiler tags. Some details are omitted here for length.
Some fandoms don't have any concrete plot below them, but whether they do or not I'm open to other suggestions.

Animation:

Samurai Champloo (I can play Fuu and Koza. Could also try Jin or Mugen as well.)
Mugen runs into a familiar face during his search for the sunflower samurai. She has a distinctive scar right over her eye so it was easy to recognize her despite all the years that passed.
Both Riko and Mugen grew up on the same island and were supposedly siblings. She was told by her mother that Mugen’s father was also hers, but this could never be confirmed. The man claimed neither of them anyway despite Mugen being the spitting image of him. And despite the uncertainty and his unwelcoming demeanor, she clung to the older boy, especially after losing her mother who was her only protection from the seediest threats lurking on the island.
After Mugen teams up with Mukuro to rob ships, Riko fled from the island, initially planning to bring her friend Koza along until the girl decides against it out of fear.
When she and Mugen meet again, she is with a man named Jirou, who somehow has an even more unsavory personality than her former brother.
(I’m not actually entirely sure if I want this to be set during or after the series. Either way, I have a plot in mind, where Riko convinces Mugen to help her retrieve Koza from the island he left her on.)
Rick and Morty (I could probably play any member of the Smith family. I don't know a lot about the alternate versions though.) Morty/OC
Naomi Moore, for the most part, is a regular human girl...except for the fact that she's a former child prodigy. At as young as five years old, she showed intelligence beyond her years, particularly in mechanical engineering. You may have read about her years ago when at the age of 10, she went viral for building an AI robot from various household appliances. She spent a couple of years trying and failing to replicate that short bout of fame before giving up and living under the radar.
Avatar: TLA (Could probably try and play almost anyone, I don't have much of a preference.) Aang/OC, Sokka/OC
A girl from a small village located in the Hu Xin Provinces colonized by the Fire Nation must navigate through life as the illegitimate child of a deceased FN soldier. When civil unrest takes over her village, she is forced to migrate to Ba Sing Se, but her journey will not be an easy one.
Akira (I don't have a preference in which canon I play. Currently still reading the manga, so no spoilers, please.) Kaneda/OC (another asshole, though a more lovable one, that I'll keep in character), Tetsuo/OC
Tendo is a studious teenager who has aspirations of honing her mechanical skills in order to raise her status in society and live a stable life. Surprisingly, she ends up befriending high school dropout Saya Mizushima who seems to be the exact opposite of her in every way. Saya is licentious, often vain, but overall carefree and would be the last person anyone would guess the mousey girl would associate with.

Shows:

Misfits (Only seen about three seasons, so I can't play anyone from the later ones.) Rudy/OC, Curtis/OC, maybe Simon/OC
Olive, an orphan adopted by two men, quickly becomes Nathan's favorite new joke. Though she's very quiet at first, she snaps soon and sticks up for herself, but this does not seem to deter him at all. Just when she'd thought she had enough to deal with being stuck with community service and him, she suddenly develops the power of illusion, though if she can learn to control them they may not be all that bad.
Castle Rock (Could probably try to play anyone.)
Leigh is a headstrong overachiever with a distaste for injustice and an inability to mind her own business. Being dubbed the town's "little detective" by a few sarcastic residents, it comes to no surprise that the girl is studying criminology and forensics. She is often looked down upon by some natives of Castle Rock for being related to Eve Edwards, a sometimes violent patient at Juniper Hill.
Skins (I never finished the third gen's seasons, but I could play anyone from the previous ones.) Freddie/OC (I find him kinda boring, tbh so your character will need to bring a pretty interesting dynamic for this to work), Maxxie/OC (male of course)
Roseline “Ro” Hughes was raised by a single mother; an aging former model still clinging to her youth. She and the woman very rarely get along and she is often embarrassed by her sleazy antics. For this reason, she barely stays in her own home for more than a few hours at a time (mostly spent sleeping and getting ready for school). She hangs out with Maxxie (her best friend) and his group. She doesn't get along with Tony though, but much to her dismay her mother is very fond of him.
She attends the same school as Abigail Stock, singing in the choir as well. She's the most favored singer and is irked when Tony steals her spotlight if even for just a second.
Ella “Mouse” Reeves used to be friends with Pandora when they were kids, but they drifted apart sometime after Year 8. She had become sort of a recluse, more self-conscious and unwilling to communicate with many people. Her socializing was very limited until college came around, and on the first day, she was spotted by Panda once again. She was then pulled right back into the girl's life and also unwillingly involved in the drama of her whole new group of friends.
She's a bit similar to JJ, being shy to the point of high levels of anxiety. Most people haven't even heard her voice; she only speaks to family and sparingly to Panda. The main reason she’s called Mouse is because of this. She refused to tell Cook her name which prompted him to give her the nickname and she hasn't bothered correcting anyone.
Degrassi: TNG (Will probably have to rewatch it since I haven't seen it in years. Don't have a fully developed OC at the moment.) Gotta rewatch it before I know for sure.
Westworld (Not sure how well I'd do, but I can try out a canon or two.) I guess any of the hosts during their predetermined plots before the uprising.
Mr. Robot (Maybe Darlene? I dunno.) Darlene/OC (female preference), maybe Tyrell/OC
Elliot is forcefully "befriended" by a barista after she accidentally stumbles upon his fake CD collection and discovers their actual contents. boop
e quickly develops a crush on him that is of course not returned and in fact, soon begins to embarrass him a great deal.
[/SPOILER]
American Horror Story (I've seen Murder House, Asylum and Roanoke. I'd likely do better at the MH canons though.)
Maude is the younger twin sister of Tate Langdon, who she has a very strange relationship with. They're extremely close given the fact that they're twins and have spent their whole lives together, but often this bond blurs the line between normal and co-dependent. They keep absolutely no secrets from each other and have almost no healthy boundaries. For years she had displayed disturbing signs of suicidal ideation, and unsurprisingly not long after Tate's death did she finally successfully commit the act.
Margo is the younger sister of Violet, though she is often mistaken as the older sister. Ever since they reached their teens, there's been a tinge of resentment on Violet's part due to the younger sister practically being the golden child of the family. Margo doesn't have her high IQ, but she makes up for it by appearing to be the perfect daughter compared to the older girl. Unknown to her, Margo's attitude is just a facade. She generally forces a lot of optimism and tries to be cheerful most of the time, which can be very annoying to Violet. In reality, she is nowhere near as happy as she seems and represses a lot of her true feelings for the sake of her crumbling family.
One year after the unsolved murders that occurred on the farmhouse once owned by Matt and Shelby, yet another reality show is created to cash in on the phenomenon while it's still fresh in people's minds. A group of unknowns are recruited and to stay there for a week with a small camera crew to investigate the rumored hauntings.
21 Jump Street (Seen the first two seasons. Could play anyone.) Hanson/OC, Hoffs/OC
Alice Navarro is a second-generation Filipino-American teenager who is living a lie. She has managed to squeeze her way into the most popular group of students at her school. To do this, she puts on an almost exaggerated Valley Girl accent while also pretending she isn’t from a working-class family and is just as rich as them. Pulling the latter off usually involves a lot of shoplifting, which she is caught doing one day by Ioki.
Instead of exposing this to her peers and family, Ioki uses it to his advantage. The precinct had been undercover at her school for a while, attempting to gain access to the very group she is friends with and Alice may end up being the key to them finally succeeding.
Meanwhile, Hanson becomes infatuated with a young new teacher named Naomi Hill, who is dealing with constant disrespect from her students because of her appearance.
American Gods (Maybe Laura?)
Shadow's half-sister gets into contact with him somehow? I dunno, I just watched this show not too long ago and I've barely got an OC let alone a plot idea lol.
True Blood
(I could play Tara and possibly Pam.)
Freaks and Geeks (Could probably play just about any character.) I'm fine playing any canon paired with a decent OC, but I might be a little biased against Daniel/OC. It depends on the OC, I guess.
Winnie Lee is a third-generation Chinese-American girl dealing with the ups and downs of growing up in 1980s America. Although she is 15-years-old, Winnie is just starting high school after being held back a year in middle school. Her father pleads for her to do better, but the girl is a natural slacker and just not academically gifted.
Within the first few days of school, she befriends the 'geeks' and later on can also be seen hanging around the 'freaks' on occasion.
Veronica Morris is an overachiever who gets stuck raising a sack of flower with Daniel Desario and becomes increasingly irritated by him putting her perfect GPA score in jeopardy.
(Fear) The Walking Dead (I'll be honest, I'm not caught up with either series and haven't watched the original one in years. I would be open to an RP set in this universe even with minimal canons.)
Phoebe is a girl who's devoted the majority of her life to practicing the violin. Her path in life seemed to be set but unfortunately, her perfectly crafted future didn't anticipate an apocalypse.
She was on her way to an audition for a very prestigious music school when it all happened. Her parents boarded a plane to New York and she was expected to board another going to the same destination when she was finished. She never even made it to the audition let alone the airport. While her parents are presumed to be dead, she is completely in denial and avoids thinking about the possibility in any detail. She has become stoical and single-minded to a fault, focusing on nothing but survival and proving that she's not as useless as Strand assumes.
After the group makes it to the Abigail family’s vineyard, they meet not only Celia and her son but also her estranged daughter, Sylvia, who arrives on the same day. The woman is standoffish and not very welcoming of the strangers, hardly speaking to any of them.
Though her family is full of questions about her previous whereabouts, she answers them all vaguely if even at all. It's safe to assume that she had gotten herself mixed up with some highly questionable people.
(Or something about the women of a Children of the Corn or Amish-like cult having an uprising. Haven't quite figured that one out yet.)
On My Block (No OC at the moment, but I could probably play any of the canons.) Ruby/OC, Jamal/OC
Ruby lives and Jamal gets the love he deserves.
American Vandal (I'll do my best to play any canon from either season.) I'm not super picky about Canon/OC pairings with this.
Titans (Teen Titans is also an acceptable verse. I'm not as familiar with any other versions. I could play Koriand'r, possibly Terra/Tara and Komand'r as well.) Beast Boy/OC
Deadly Class (Watched the show and read most of the comic. I could probably try most of the canons or even do an RP with a majority of OCs.)

Films:

The Karate Kid (Could play anyone.) Daniel/OC
Christine Kreese has a bad relationship with her volatile father, hardly spending time with him after her parents’ divorce outside of the days he has scheduled visitations.
Better Watch Out (Luke, I guess. No concrete OC for this one either.)
Luke somehow breaks out of a facility for the criminally insane? I'm drawing blank on how he'd be able to successfully plead insanity with how meticulous he was with all his planning lol.
The Faculty (I could try to play anyone.) Casey/OC, maybe Zeke/OC
Faye is the daughter of Coach Willis, though their relationship is strained, especially after her parents’ divorce. Once her and Delilah were best friends, but now that Faye has become a “theater nerd” she’s decidedly beneath the girl.
Carrie (Mostly familiar with the original and book. Don't have any OCs and can play Carrie White.)
Terminator (Haven't seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles or Genysis, but I've seen everything else. Don't have an OC.)
Chronicle (Could play anyone.) Matt/OC, Steve/OC
Back to the Future (Maybe Lorraine. I'm not picky.)
Quinn is the niece of Emmett Brown, and though he is estranged from her father, she still visits him often (much to her father’s dismay). She is also close friends with Marty despite her parents’ discouragement.
The girl becomes mixed up in their time travel exploits and is later stunned to find out that she and Marty somehow end up married. Both friends are mutually confused by this, having not had those kinds of thoughts or feelings about each other at all prior to this revelation.
The Outsiders (Maybe Dally. Probably could take a crack at almost any of the canons. I've also read the book.) Johnny/OC, Ponyboy/OC
Steve Randle has a sister around Ponyboy’s age, but this doesn’t stop him from upholding his rule about kids tagging along. She still tries to hang around the greasers very often, not being very welcomed by most of her peers. Though she enjoys reading like Pony, she’s not as smart as him and has even been held back a grade and won’t be attending high school with the boy. Steve won’t let her hear the end of it because he thinks she can do well but just doesn’t apply herself.
One day after he stumbles upon her usually well-hidden diary, he discovers that his little sister has been secretly dating an older boy who remains nameless in every page he's mentioned in.
Battle Royale (Watched the film and read some of the manga. I'd like to play Mitsuko, but other canons would depend on the verse.)
Saito Mitsumi is friends with Mitsuko and a member of her gang. The girl often stalks around silently and has a creepy aura. She has shown a disturbing apathy toward violence even before the program, likely because of her home life and father's involvement in organized crime.
Stand By Me (Could attempt to play any of the canons, but either Gordie or Chris are preferred.)
Kick-Ass
(I'm not picky about canons here.) Dave/OC
Alex D’amico, the daughter of Frank D’amico, is very clearly her father’s favorite child which is the main cause for her and her brother’s sibling rivalry. Despite sharing plenty of the same interests, they can never seem to get along and Chris wants nothing more than to get away from her (more specifically, out from under her shadow).
When Chris dons the alias Red Mist in order to help his father catch the vigilante ruining his criminal business, Alex takes on a fake vigilante identity of her own. This irritates him even more and puts further strain on their already terrible relationship.

IT (Seen the miniseries, remake and read the book. I could probably play almost any of the characters. Maybe Mike, Beverly, and/or Stan.) Bill/OC, Stan/OC, Mike/OC, maybe Beverly/OC. Legit any of the Losers Club, but none of the Bowers Gang.
The Lost Boys (Could play anyone.) Minor characters like Dwayne and Marko are fine since most of their personality will likely be headcanon, tbh.
Fright Night 1985 (Could play anyone. Would prefer Peter Vincent.)
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure (Could play either title character.) I guess I could pair an OC with either of the leads.

Pineapple Express (I'm fine playing any canon from this.)
Denise Silver was adopted as a baby from China and raised as though she was biologically her parents' child until her Bubby mistakenly revealed the truth to her when she was five years old. Despite being the younger sibling, Denny often takes on the role of caretaker the eternally juvenile Saul in the place of their late parents.
She works at both McDonald's and a bootleg burger joint called WondaBurger, often bringing food home from the latter for Saul to eat. Usually, it's something that has fallen on the floor and been deemed unfit to serve, but she's no stranger to purposely dropping items.
Phantasm (After a rewatch, I could probably play anyone from the first film.)
Mike is being bullied, embarrassingly by a girl named Erin. She teases him constantly and has even gotten into physical fights with the boy. Her aggression stems from a violent household where her father, distraught by her mother’s death, has taken to excessive physical abuse to discipline her. Though they’re enemies, Mike and Erin eventually put their differences aside when a much larger threat to them arises in the form of a creepily mysterious mortician.
The Purge (Haven't seen the latest film or the series yet, but planning to soon. This is one of the few fandoms I'll do a completely OC based RP for.)
Tomie (Could definitely play Tomie. Or one of them at least.)
(Possibly an AU where Tomie is an emotionally stunted girl who has a dysfunctional relationship with her vain mother.)

Last edited:
We could totally do something with carrie I could play someone from the movie for you which would be great. Or we could do something with Penny Dreadful I could play dorian Gray or ethan if you wanted. I honestly love this or we could do something with bates motel I could play dylan for you or someone else from the show. Or we could do american horror story. I could play tate for you if you wanted.

I should mention a few things that could possibly be dealbreakers to save some of you from reading all this for nothing lol.

First off, I can't do doubling. It's not that I don't play canons, in fact, I usually play one at the very least. I just prefer not to decide on ships before I know if I'll even enjoy roleplaying them, you know? Even with my own OCs, I don't expect to be paired with a canon if the person writing them isn't feeling it. Let's just wing it and see where things go.
Second, I don't have many canon-x-canon ships, at least not ones I'm super into. I can be persuaded if I like the dynamic once we start RPing, but I'm not looking for that particular thing.

Anyway, back on the subject of playing canons. I'll mention whatever canons I think I'm capable of playing next to each title. They're negotiable. Also, unless I specifically mention that I don't have an OC for something, I most likely have one.

Animation:

Samurai Champloo (I can play Fuu and Koza. Could also try Jin or Mugen as well.)
Parasyte: The Maxim (Could probably play Reiko.)
Death Note (I can play Misa, Matsuda, and possibly Mello.)
BoJack Horseman (I have no OCs for this or any particular canon I want to play.)
Rick and Morty (I could probably play any member of the Smith family. I don't know a lot about the alternate versions though.)
Avatar: TLA (Could probably try and play almost anyone, I don't have much of a preference.)
Akira (I don't have a preference in which canon I play. Currently still reading the manga, so no spoilers, please.)
Space Dandy (Don't have an OC and not sure which canon I'd play.)
Bob's Burgers
(Don't have an OC and could pretty much play anyone. I would definitely play any of the Belcher kids.)

Shows:

Misfits (Only seen about three seasons, so I can't play anyone from the later ones.)
Castle Rock (Could probably try to play anyone.)
Skins (I never finished the third gen's seasons, but I could play anyone from the previous ones.)
Atypical (I could take a crack at most of the canons, though I'm not sure how good I'd be.)
Degrassi: TNG (Will probably have to rewatch it since I haven't seen it in years. Don't have a fully developed OC at the moment.)
Westworld (Not sure how well I'd do, but I can try out a canon or two.)
Mr. Robot (Maybe Darlene? I dunno.)
Peaky Blinders (Not gonna lie, I'd probably be terrible at playing all the canons in this.)
Game of Thrones (Haven't seen the more recent seasons, but could probably play Dany.)
American Horror Story (I've seen Murder House, Asylum and Roanoke. I'd likely do better at the MH canons though.)
Stranger Things (Could possibly play Lucas and maybe a couple other canons.)
Bates Motel (Could try either Norma or Norman.)
Penny Dreadful (Honestly, the canons might all be a little too complicated for this ole dummy.)
21 Jump Street (Seen the first two seasons. Could play anyone.)
American Gods (Maybe Laura?)
True Blood
(I could play Tara and possibly Pam.)

Films:

The Sandlot (Could play anyone. Also, Tommy from the third film.)
The Karate Kid (Could play anyone.)
Better Watch Out (Luke, I guess. No concrete OC for this one either.)
The Faculty (I could try to play anyone.)
Carrie (Mostly familiar with the original and book. Don't have any OCs and can play Carrie White.)
Terminator (Haven't seen the Sarah Connor Chronicles or Genysis, but I've seen everything else. Don't have an OC.)
Chronicle (Could play anyone.)
Back to the Future (Maybe Lorraine. I'm not picky.)
The Outsiders (Maybe Dally. Probably could take a crack at almost any of the canons. I've also read the book.)
Star Wars (Only seen the original trilogy. Not sure if I'd do well with any of the canons.)
Battle Royale (Watched the film and read some of the manga. I'd like to play Mitsuko, but other canons would depend on the verse.)
Stand By Me (Could attempt to play any of the canons, but either Gordie or Chris are preferred.)
Kick-Ass
(I'm not picky about canons here.)
IT (Seen the miniseries, remake and read the book. I could probably play almost any of the characters. Maybe Mike, Beverly, and/or Stan.)

up for playing the avatar?

i have a rather unique character for that.

Would be so down for anything AHS , just finished rewatching MH and am currently rewarding Asylum. I've played a ton of canon ahs characters. Also down for The Lost Boys , it's my fave movie.

... Okay, first off, I have no problem whatsoever with a character not being able to be shipped with another. Some of the ships people have these days are just... insane.

Second off...

DEATH NOTE
RICK AND MORTY
BOB'S BURGERS
CHRONICLE
IT
BILL AND TED
StAr WaRs!!!!!

I would love to RP with you. If you'd like, I can PM you and we can discuss plot, or if you'd rather just like to jump into something, we can figure out which fandom would be best for both of us.

I would prefer to be a long-term RP partner, by the way.

Hello! Very interested in Rick and Morty. Would you be willing to roleplay as Rick against a Female OC (I have a bit of a plot idea for the two as well as the OC)? I'd be very happy to roleplay as Morty for you in return!

Heyy, id be real interested in that stranger things oc plot idea you got there. If you'd be chill with me playing a female oc as well (platonic or romantic relationship, idrc)

Heyy, id be real interested in that stranger things oc plot idea you got there. If you'd be chill with me playing a female oc as well (platonic or romantic relationship, idrc)
I'm definitely okay with you playing an OC too. PM me the details when you're ready ^^

You're the first person I've seen to suggest BJ Horseman and I'd love to do that! Though, I don't know where we'd go in terms of character and plot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back