• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Looking for an advanced partner.

Obsidianserpent

Hello everyone: the search for an RP partner continues. I wish I understood why it was so difficult to find a literate, creative partner who actually sees an RP through. I've been RPing for quite some time and take it pretty seriously. I frequently include art and music in my posts, which are usually at least three paragraphs long. I don't bail on an RP without good reason, and in the case that I need to take a lengthy break, I inform my partner before hand. I'm looking for a partner with similar standards and expectations. While this RP will comply with site rules, some of the content will be mature in nature, and therefore I'm only looking for a partner who is 18+. I also ask that my partner write in third person, past tense.

The following plot has been ruminating in my head for the past few days. The RP would be a light magic, gothic fantasy; magic and the supernatural are real and powerful forces in the universe, but they're subtle, and greatly misunderstood by most. Though it would take place in an alternate universe, the aesthetic would resemble either that of medieval western Europe or Japan; I'm fine with either.

Here's the intro (the ___ will denote the names of places or people. These will vary depending on whether we go with a European or Japanese setting):

"Bodies line the steps of the inner sanctum of ____monastery. The Astrulite, a powerful artifact of divination, has been stolen by the _____ slavers guild; a vicious gang of thieves and criminals who have tormented the citizens of ____ for years. _____, a prominent ranger from ____, believes she has at long last discovered the secret location of the slaver's compound in the emerald moor. At the behest of King/Emperor____, _____ has recruited skilled warriors from across the region, to aid her in wresting the precious gem from the slaver's rural hideout.

However, the Oracle of ____ speaks of ill omens. A sinister plague has begun to spread throughout the land, and all attempts at discovering a cure have proven fruitless. Now, more than ever, the Priests of ____ have need of the Astrulite's powers. At the ____ tavern, the recruits prepare for their journey, unaware of the dark trials ahead..."

Here's an RP sample to help you get a general idea of my writing style:

It was an unusually stormy night, even for the jungles of Kehjistan. The Mage Zoltun Kulle approached the three soul stones which stood in the center of the intricate pentagram which had been carefully etched upon the ground. The stones emitted a subtle energy that sent a chill down Kulle's spine. It as something he'd grown accustomed to; the stones had become an addiction of sorts. Never before had he come across artifacts of such incredible power. He yearned to uncover their secrets. A stone which could trap the essences of both angels and demons; with such a tool, humanity could finally rise against the forces of heaven and hell, and unlock the power of the Nephalem. Indeed, with a sufficient knowledge of the stone's properties, he could perhaps create a new and more powerful artifact, capable of trapping multiple demonic and angelic souls within a single stone. Such an experiment would be costly however, and Kulle had spent several months slaving away in quiet study, tirelessly investigating the mysterious stones.

A grin spread across his wrinkled face as he stretched forth his hand and began to recite the incantation. The pentagram upon the ground light up in flames. Kulle pulled a sharp dagger from his belt, and slid it across the palm of his hand, letting blood upon the three stones below. The blood sizzled as it came in contact with the surface of the stones, emitting plumes of smoke which rose high into the air. The wind began to steadily increase, before eventually tearing apart the small jungle shack in which he resided. The rain and wind beat against Kulle's skin, as smoke bellowed forth from the vibrating stones. Kulle took a deep breath, before extending his hand once more. Suddenly, the stones began to rise from the ground. The red, yellow and blue shards began to glow, before emitting a tremendous pulse of energy. Kulle quickly muttered an incantation, transmuting arcane energy into a thin but resilient field of force. While the magical shield absorbed some of the force, it quickly dissolved from the impact of the shock wave, knocking Kulle off is feet and obliterating the nearby plants and vegetation.

Kulle's face filled with anger and disappointment. He'd tried hundreds of arcane experiments, and while he'd learned much about the stones' capabilities, he'd yet to unlock the true secrets of their creation. To uncover the secrets of the soul stones was to discover the recipe to immortality.

Footsteps could be heard in the distance. A man in brown robes approached Kulle, who was struggling to regain his footing. "Brother Kulle...", "What!?", Kulle quickly snapped, clearly frustrated. "The recruits have arrived....they await your instruction at the docks...". Kulle snarled, pulling himself to his feet with the aid of his large ornate battle staff. "Very well...I'll be there shortly...", Kulle groaned. His Horadric brother bowed slightly, before retreating into the jungle thicket. Kulle picked up the Soul Stones and placed them within a Horadric Cube and locking it magically, ensuring their safety. His experiments had failed but Kulle was determined to keep trying. He could give up now, not when he was so close to a breakthrough. But his work could wait for now. With another invocation he opened up a shifting portal to the docks. As he stepped through, he couldn't help but wonder what to expect from his new recruits. Kulle had selected some of the most skilled combatants in Sanctuary. Still, the task before them was daunting, and the stakes were incredibly high. He could only hope that he'd chosen wisely...

PM me an RP sample if you're interested. I hope to hear from some of you. I think this could be a lot of fun :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
You sir, should be a full time writer, if you are not already. I am intrigued by your plot and would like to read more. I am not really on the same level as you as far as role-playing goes, as you are well beyond my current abilities, so I will graciously bow out of this one, but I do hope someone was able to go on this journey with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back