Advice/Help Looking for advice to improve interest thread

I took a glimpse at your interest check. Some things that jumped at me that hasn't already been said:

Watch out for typos. I found a few and that can turn people off, because it feels sloppy. It's fine to have typos in chat and stuff though, especially on mobile. Just thought I'd mention it.

The other thing is the organization. I feel like you don't need a separate category for keys (or a thousand hearts to represent one thing), and I didn't understand why you had so many tabs for similar things. Personally, I would say stick with a introduction tab, a rules tab, a fandom + pairings tab and a plot tab.
The similar thing is the code glitching due to me making one change to the text color and decided to mess up the thread.

Im not great at coding it was just what i can do with it

"Hello everyone, welcome to my marvelous intrest check."

First sentence. There are more but I'm not in the mood to quote them all, I'm sorry.
Reason i ask is cause last time i tried to fix few things my code broke
I will fix it when i can

To follow up that spelling error:

"For those who are looking to rp as heroes or more YOU'RE in the right place"

I've taken a look at your interest check, inherently there is nothing too wrong about it. Yes, it could be more eye-catching with a more intricate code, but this should do just fine. My suggestion honestly is to be as specific as possible. You've mentioned that your problem is your fear of being ghosted. Make the terms clear on what you want, I know you're pretty clear there, but with the large amount of ghosting, I feel like extra communication would not hurt. The idea isn't getting as many partners as possible, it's getting ones who would stay.

Make sure that they are absolutely not settling to write with you, and that they enjoy writing with you as well. From what I understand, doubling can sometimes be enjoyable for both parties, but sometimes it's literally just forcing yourself to write so the other will play your preferred character for your oc. But don't take my words on this, I don't write canon characters at all and don't do these "doubling" business. I can only talk from what I've heard around.

Other than that I can suggest including a writing sample. A preferred writing style maybe. As much honesty as possible is really good, so the people who reply to you will know EXACTLY what they sign up for. And they'll like it.

Really, I can't emphasize further about don't worry about not getting partners. Worry about not getting partners that stay. Therefore don't be scared to sound too picky and/or mean. I wish you luck.

Hey guys, im looking to see if there is anything else i should add or fix to bring in new partners. I havent had much luck these seven months and not sure what to do

If you have any suggestions let me know

Should i mention who i can double as or will that overcrowd the thread

The thread seems fine. I think you just have a kinda niche interest that is gonna be hard to find partners in.

Canon x OC is very hard to find interest in as a general rule and a lot of the fandoms your looking for specifically aren’t that popular.

At most maybe add a Batman, Arrowverse, etc. tag (ie tag the specific shows your most interested) might help people find the thread. But that’s all I can think of.

Hi there,

Its been awhile since this thread has been posted but i wanted to come back and see if theres anything else i can do to gain more interest for my thread

Hmm, while there is nothing necessarily wrong with the thread I would include an idea of your availability and posting expectations from your partner. Do you want a post every week? Everyday?

I skimmed this thread and it seems like you had an unstable schedule at the time. Is that still true? If so, it's worth saying that so people can set their own expectations.

I don't play canon characters most of the time, but one thing I notice in a lot of threads is that if the person is willing to double they will list what characters they can play within a fandom. If you are comfortable playing anyone then feel free to disregard this suggestion.

In the end, the hardest issue to overcome is that those shows are just aren't popular to roleplay right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back